Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:42 am

Post by Annadog40 »

But does truth have to be subject to reality?
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:30 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 1583, Accountant wrote:
In post 1573, Sesq wrote:PEDIT: Logic is relevant to everything. Especially deals of politics and morality. Also I'm pretty sure this is conflicting something I've said in the past, which is what we call changing your mind, something you're very unfamiliar with, it seems.
Changing your mind is a behavior that is typical of someone with no convictions.
It's usually typical to someone who isn't a close-minded moron.

Also, I love how you're utterly unable to debunk someone's shitpost in the general facade of your own ignorance. Brilliant.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:16 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 1618, Accountant wrote:
In post 1616, Shaziro wrote:Pretty gross to try and kill off everyone else so there's infinite yous.
It's just a happy side effect. Not the main point.
If you think killing off everyone else is an acceptable side effect, then you are actually worse than any other mass murdering psychopath.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:26 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 1627, Shaziro wrote:
In post 1618, Accountant wrote:
In post 1616, Shaziro wrote:Pretty gross to try and kill off everyone else so there's infinite yous.
It's just a happy side effect. Not the main point.
If you think killing off everyone else is an acceptable side effect, then you are actually worse than any other mass murdering psychopath.
You do have to remember that their definition of killing everyone off in exchange for them more or less means indoctrinating the entire universe, so at least for this instance I wouldn't call this psychotic behavior.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:44 am

Post by Shaziro »

It doesn't matter. If you believe that people are their ideas and ideals, and that changing those kills the person, then you are killing people if you try to change them. It makes sense as to why Accountant is so afraid of personal growth, but it means that accountant is fully willing to kill literally everyone that isn't Accountant.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:05 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 1612, Accountant wrote:
In post 1611, Shaziro wrote:That should tell you something, tbh. You didn't think it was weird that he was declaring he was the leader and was going to re-educate you?
I am a follower of the correct path. I always talk about how I want to re-educate people.

eagerSnake talks about how he wants to re-educate people. Hence, it is likely that he is a follower of the correct path.
gulags exist in utopia
after a wank.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1625, Annadog40 wrote:But does truth have to be subject to reality?
Depends on what type of truth.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1626, Sesq wrote:
In post 1573, Sesq wrote:PEDIT: Logic is relevant to everything. Especially deals of politics and morality. Also I'm pretty sure this is conflicting something I've said in the past, which is what we call changing your mind, something you're very unfamiliar with, it seems.
Changing your mind is a behavior that is typical of someone with no convictions.

Also, I love how you're utterly unable to debunk someone's shitpost in the general facade of your own ignorance. Brilliant.
>2017
>close-mindedness is still regarded as bad

holy shit

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:41 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1629, Shaziro wrote:It doesn't matter. If you believe that people are their ideas and ideals, and that changing those kills the person, then you are killing people if you try to change them. It makes sense as to why Accountant is so afraid of personal growth, but it means that accountant is fully willing to kill literally everyone that isn't Accountant.
Well, I get where you're coming from, and I know it seems alarming, but if you think about it, I'm replacing them with better people. So, in a sense, they're like the phoenix's egg that gives rise to beautiful, immortal reincarnations. They are not just being mowed down but rather sacrificing their lives in order to create a better utopia. So, in my opinion, such a trade-off would be worth it. I'm not a psychopath who likes to kill people, I'm just someone who understands that it's certainly necessary to cut away the canker of the world if we are to replace it with healthy, flourishing correct people.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1630, CooLDoG wrote:gulags exist in utopia
That is not utopia.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:44 pm

Post by Shaziro »

You're not better than me. Probably never will be. Sorry to tell you.

Also, the fact that you are surprised that people think being close-minded is bad still is fucking hilarious.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:54 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1635, Shaziro wrote:You're not better than me.
this statement is incorrect

instead of denying your inferiority, you should be trying to improve yourself

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:16 pm

Post by Shaziro »

The reason you aren't better than me is because I do try to better myself, and you don't.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:18 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1637, Shaziro wrote:The reason you aren't better than me is because I do try to better myself, and you don't.
That is incorrect. I am always bettering myself - that is the reason for my perfection.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:23 pm

Post by Shaziro »

If you are perfect, you can't better yourself. Please put some effort into your posts before posting them.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:30 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 1639, Shaziro wrote:If you are perfect, you can't better yourself. Please put some effort into your posts before posting them.
They admit their imperfection. That's why I'm the leader.

Also, I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan-mail and I have enjoyed spending time with my own personal saviors around me. And yet I have to find somebody to share my life with. I think that I need to worry about two and only two things in my life: That things will never get back to normal, and that they already might have. I know the exact location of Elvis. I think "Liberte, egalite, fraternite" also makes for an interesting order of priorities.
I know I'm not for most of you and vice-versa, so if I stop responding at some point it's probably for the best. Why are you still reading this? If you don't take yourself too seriously and are petite rather than slim, cute rather than hot, original rather than a me-too person, a doer rather than a watcher, do you know why we are right for each other?
Last edited by eagerSnake on Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1639, Shaziro wrote:If you are perfect, you can't better yourself. Please put some effort into your posts before posting them.
how ignorant are you? Please go back and read my posts about the definition of perfection before foolishly attempting to challenge me.

There are two types of perfection: the absolute best of the best, and the mode in which you will inevitably reach the first mode by means of constant self improvement. Both of these things are called perfection(since there's no difference between something that will inevitably become perfect and something that's already perfect).

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1640, eagerSnake wrote:They admit their imperfection. That's why I'm the leader.
I am not imperfect and you are not the leader. Please stop putting words into my mouth, eagerSnake.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:33 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1640, eagerSnake wrote:Also, I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan-mail and I have enjoyed spending time with my own personal saviors around me. And yet I have to find somebody to share my life with. I think that I need to worry about two and only two things in my life: That things will never get back to normal, and that they already might have. I know the exact location of Elvis. I think "Liberte, egalite, fraternite" also makes for an interesting order of priorities.
I know I'm not for most of you and vice-versa, so if I stop responding at some point it's probably for the best. If you don't take yourself too seriously and are petite rather than slim, cute rather than hot, original rather than a me-too person, a doer rather than a watcher, do you know why we are right for each other?
This post is incoherent.

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:33 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 1632, Accountant wrote:
In post 1626, Sesq wrote:

>2017
>close-mindedness is still regarded as bad

holy shit
"Come on guys, it's the current year!"

Just stop making current year arguments. It's 2017. What are you thinking.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:35 pm

Post by Sesq »

But on a more serious note, why is close-mindedness bad?

I know that for you it's that you don't want your fragile worldview to collapse, but from your perspective, wouldn't it good for others to be open-minded to your own ideals?
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:36 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 1641, Accountant wrote:
how ignorant are you? Please go back and read my posts about the definition of perfection before foolishly attempting to challenge me.

There are two types of perfection: the absolute best of the best, and the mode in which you will inevitably reach the first mode by means of constant self improvement. Both of these things are called perfection(since there's no difference between something that will inevitably become perfect and something that's already perfect).
per·fect
adjective
ˈpərfikt/
having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be.
"she strove to be the perfect wife"
synonyms: ideal, model, without fault, faultless, flawless, consummate, quintessential, exemplary, best, ultimate, copybook; More
absolute; complete (used for emphasis).
"a perfect stranger"
synonyms: absolute, complete, total, real, out-and-out, thorough, thoroughgoing, downright, utter, sheer, arrant, unmitigated, unqualified, veritable, in every respect, unalloyed
"she felt like a perfect idiot"

You're wrong.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:36 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1645, Sesq wrote:But on a more serious note, why is close-mindedness bad?

I know that for you it's that you don't want your fragile worldview to collapse, but from your perspective, wouldn't it good for others to be open-minded to your own ideals?
I have more respect for someone with an incorrect worldview who is willing to kill and stifle others to defend it, than I do for someone who has some good points but changes their mind frequently.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:36 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1646, Shaziro wrote:You're wrong.
your definition is incorrect

eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:39 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 40, Accountant wrote:Well,
I'm not perfect
either, so don't worry about it.
In post 1642, Accountant wrote:
I am not imperfect
and you are not the leader. Please stop putting words into my mouth, eagerSnake.
Sorry I think I must have read something wrong here

I thought when you said "I'm not perfect" that you meant "I am imperfect," not "I am not imperfect"

Is this the contradiction fallacy

Return to “General Discussion”