Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:10 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2170, Aj The Epic wrote:Walk me through this. Reading anything with people not completely caught up is a pain in the ass and I want to say Aeroslot is scum (from earlier, helps explain why no counterwagons early) but unless you're referring to generic waffling mastin!read then I'm blind to the issue.
It's that his paranoia isn't genuine. Of course not all of his reads are just going to be determined by what other people think, and it doesn't make much sense for town with no particular reasons to scumread someone to get paranoid just because other people think that person is scum. Especially since it's only a couple people who think mastin is scum. I think he's setting up for the possible opportunity to lynch a strong town player because he can't resist it.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:11 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2173, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 2159, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2157, ɀefiend wrote:I don't know if there's credence to that statement before the guilty result comes out.
So Pine has a role where he joins the crew when he wasn't invited. Like why would he not instantly become a leading hotbed of activity?
Yeah, the role sounds bad.

You're saying you think Pine and mastina would have planned the whole thing out from the time she was "scum-reading" him?

It's a hard pill for me to swallow.
Then spit that pill the fuck out and put it down the drain.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:11 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2157, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 2118, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2084, ɀefiend wrote:I feel that mastina's defense against his concerns (re: the timeline of game events, and the motivations behind Pine and mastina's actions) was legitimate.
I think Mastina's timeline jazz is just fucking strongly worded bullshit but if you actually read it then it makes no sense. For all intents and purposes we'll assume Mastina is scum in this post. Like Pine had a role that publicly outs his action. Both him and Mastina would know this. Her main argument here is that scum wouldn't know who was getting into the crew, however, this totally ignores that Heartless
DID
state who she wanted in the crew. Why does she gloss over that? Also, from what I understand, Pine joined late so its possible that scum used their action once it was confirmed there was no scum in the crew.

So explain to me why I should just accept that Mastina is town and their history let her scum read Pine. When A.) it makes sense to bus a player that will eventually go down. B.) She was strong arming said lynch with little to no reason. Why couldn't she have just said "oh this post and this post and this post gives me bad vibes." As long winded as she is she could have done so and I don't think she ever did wich I think is sketchy as fuck.
The only problem I have with your logic is when you say Pine "will eventually go down." I don't know if there's credence to that statement before the guilty result comes out.

As to your second point, I will admit that my initial read of the game placed mastina as Town because I didn't think her tone was being faked; that it would come from a bus. I gave her the benefit of the doubt. But if you and other vets in the game are saying this is within scum!mastina's range, I will also give you the benefit of the doubt. I absolutely hate being tricked by tone and my gut feeling is that mastina's was Town who just had a really good tell on Pine. If enough people tell me that my gut is being stupid, I'll stop relying on it.
Pine & Mastin interaction was zero. And most of the "Pine" was the other hydra head.
Mastina did not "sort" PineTornics, she already knew he was scum.
And he didn't fight it, no matter how often she repeated it over and over again, because no way did they want a 1v1 with each other.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2171, Infinity 324 wrote:(this, by the way, is why I didn't vote you for rogue leader d1)
how is this any different other than you calling me town based off meta? You're disagreeing with me b/c you think your sig is correct and in most cases its is but thats only b/c there are more town players in any given game. I mean you wankers wasted a valuable vig shot on a shitty Kling slot so don't you dare talk to me about competence.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:13 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2177, PeregrineV wrote:Pine & Mastin interaction was zero. And most of the "Pine" was the other hydra head.
And he didn't fight it, no matter how often she repeated it over and over again, because no way did they want a 1v1 with each other.
Mastin was lazy/busy, pine was avoiding her. I think that explains it
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2176, Infinity 324 wrote:Then spit that pill the fuck out and put it down the drain.
Why is it impossible for Mastina to bus Pine?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2176, Infinity 324 wrote:You're saying you think Pine and mastina would have planned the whole thing out from the time she was "scum-reading" him?

Why is that unbelievable?

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:14 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2160, Infinity 324 wrote:Gin mentioned this once without a push and that's it, there's no reason why that couldn't be shade on a buddy.
Why bother when he could just ignore his buddy. Nobody gives credit for shade.

That made me look at who was chasing AJ at the time, because a little bit of shading could help the cause of a scumbuddy.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:15 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2160, Infinity 324 wrote:Given that I think cakez is most likely town atm, this is not very convincing. I'm not sure about the context, but I think it's definitely plausible that scum would suggest their buddy as a possible wagon.
Why is Cake a townread?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:16 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2178, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2171, Infinity 324 wrote:(this, by the way, is why I didn't vote you for rogue leader d1)
how is this any different other than you calling me town based off meta? You're disagreeing with me b/c you think your sig is correct and in most cases its is but thats only b/c there are more town players in any given game. I mean you wankers wasted a valuable vig shot on a shitty Kling slot so don't you dare talk to me about competence.
My point is, at least I'm willing to admit I could be wrong. You suspecting me solely for disagreeing with your scumreads when you don't know those scumreads are correct is frankly just not good play.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:16 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2160, Infinity 324 wrote:Mastin is town imo, also I could definitely see those interactions being distancing.
Mastin is scum.

For fun, ISO Pine and yourself. See how he treats you.
Then ISO Aero and Pine. See how he treats Aero.

Get back to me with thoughts.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:17 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2161, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2157, ɀefiend wrote:As to your second point, I will admit that my initial read of the game placed mastina as Town because I didn't think her tone was being faked; that it would come from a bus. I gave her the benefit of the doubt. But if you and other vets in the game are saying this is within scum!mastina's range, I will also give you the benefit of the doubt. I absolutely hate being tricked by tone and my gut feeling is that mastina's was Town who just had a really good tell on Pine. If enough people tell me that my gut is being stupid, I'll stop relying on it.
This is so scum
He thinks Mastin is town too. :neutral:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:19 am

Post by ɀefiend »

In post 2175, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2170, Aj The Epic wrote:Walk me through this. Reading anything with people not completely caught up is a pain in the ass and I want to say Aeroslot is scum (from earlier, helps explain why no counterwagons early) but unless you're referring to generic waffling mastin!read then I'm blind to the issue.
It's that his paranoia isn't genuine. Of course not all of his reads are just going to be determined by what other people think, and it doesn't make much sense for town with no particular reasons to scumread someone to get paranoid just because other people think that person is scum. Especially since it's only a couple people who think mastin is scum. I think he's setting up for the possible opportunity to lynch a strong town player because he can't resist it.
What the fuck are you talking about?

I read the thread and gave my initial read on mastina. Since then, two people with more tenure have engaged me and I'm trying to walk through their perspective with them. Where did I ever say my read on mastina is now scum or I would consider lynching them?? I said that my position on town-reading mastina based on tone/unlikely to bus Pine was flexible with the proper input.

At this point your are being glaringly dense or scum grasping for straws. There is no way a town mindset concocts some sort of interpretation where my read of mastina flips 180 because of a brief conversation with two players.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:20 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2182, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2160, Infinity 324 wrote:Gin mentioned this once without a push and that's it, there's no reason why that couldn't be shade on a buddy.
Why bother when he could just ignore his buddy.
Because it's easiest to find scummy things from people you know are scum, and that makes it look like you're scumhunting. Also it might stand out if you just ignore someone.
In post 2183, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2160, Infinity 324 wrote:Given that I think cakez is most likely town atm, this is not very convincing. I'm not sure about the context, but I think it's definitely plausible that scum would suggest their buddy as a possible wagon.
Why is Cake a townread?
Because his wagon grew quickly, died slowly, and was not CW'ed for forever and a day. Plus his thoughts were all over the place and seemed to be organic. (need to iso for specifics and verification on that second part)
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

FTR I do have a town read on you Infinity but why should I not consider you a possibly buddy when Titus flips scum?

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:21 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2187, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 2175, Infinity 324 wrote:
What the fuck are you talking about?

I read the thread and gave my initial read on mastina. Since then, two people with more tenure have engaged me and I'm trying to walk through their perspective with them. Where did I ever say my read on mastina is now scum or I would consider lynching them?? I said that my position on town-reading mastina based on tone/unlikely to bus Pine was flexible with the proper input.

At this point your are being glaringly dense or scum grasping for straws. There is no way a town mindset concocts some sort of interpretation where my read of mastina flips 180 because of a brief conversation with two players.
I never said your mastin read flipped. I said you're setting up to flip it.

This reaction is beyond fake.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:22 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2189, Nero Cain wrote:FTR I do have a town read on you Infinity but why should I not consider you a possibly buddy when Titus flips scum?
Just because I'm townreading titus? That's so shallow though
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2187, ɀefiend wrote:glaringly dense
this is my stance though his "Nero shouldn't suspect me for defending scum" is pretty stupid/scummy.

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:23 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2179, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2177, PeregrineV wrote:Pine & Mastin interaction was zero. And most of the "Pine" was the other hydra head.
Mastin was lazy/busy, pine was avoiding her. I think that explains it
Why would Pine avoid her when he could fight her to push a mislynch on her?

Lazy/Busy mastin with 4th most posts in the game?

Who else is Mastin treating the exact same way?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:23 am

Post by ɀefiend »

In post 2168, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2164, ɀefiend wrote:with absolutely zero reasoning.
In post 2086, Infinity 324 wrote:That post was a bunch of empty analysis and busy questions
In post 2087, Infinity 324 wrote:The question directed at cakez also feels quite fake
If you want me to elaborate say so (I'll probably do so tomorrow anyway). But don't say stuff that's not true
Vague statements like yours do not amount to reasoning. They are nothing more than shade.

And now you have completely manufactured a story to label me suspicious when none of the elements of that story existed in my catch-up post.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2191, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2189, Nero Cain wrote:FTR I do have a town read on you Infinity but why should I not consider you a possibly buddy when Titus flips scum?
So if I am hard town reading AJ and he were to flip scum you'd have no doubt in your mind that I couldn't be a scumbuddy?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2191, Infinity 324 wrote:
So if I am hard town reading AJ and he were to flip scum you'd have no doubt in your mind that I couldn't be a scumbuddy?

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2181, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2176, Infinity 324 wrote:You're saying you think Pine and mastina would have planned the whole thing out from the time she was "scum-reading" him?

Why is that unbelievable?
I think it annoyed the shit out of Pine, but Gin didn't care, he just knew not to fuck with the plan.

Pine has like 3 excuses why it was OK for Mastin to scumread them.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:24 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Nero, it's
people you think are scum
. Not scum. That was the entire point of my argument.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:26 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2195, Nero Cain wrote:So if I am hard town reading AJ and he were to flip scum you'd have no doubt in your mind that I couldn't be a scumbuddy?
It wouldn't make it any more likely. Scum don't tend to hard tr their partners that often ime
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”