Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:26 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 2137, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 2103, Heartless wrote:VOTE: zefiend

scum catch up
Why?
bc you use a ton of words to say not very much and the reads themselves are so cookie cutter and meh

talk about this more when not on a phone
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:28 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 2204, ɀefiend wrote:Gotta go to class but hopefully this scumfuck is lynched before I get back. I can't even.
^doesn't help and is a little reminiscent of aero's upick, beeteedubs
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:51 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2170, Aj The Epic wrote:I'm going to just full on claim JailKeeper right here. Character name Mon Mothma. I realize it's not the most productive case but I've too heavily hinted PR the last day to leave you hanging without a continuation to this and especially with infinity's pushing on why I'm interested in Rogue Crew mechanics, I'd like to just come clean with that. My wondering is if I could JK the Rogue leader and have him still distribute abilities. Fire never got back to me, which is making this kinda complicated. My two actions have been JK cakez both nights.

But also off of this I'm not completely confident with Molla's claim in any sense of the word since I am objectively more powerful than him and overlap his role heavily. But I don't know enough about setup to know if this is possible, which is part of my guiding reasons for claiming. Also, me being targeted as a semi-protect or blocker would probably help the town with some random WIFOM issues. I agree it's some really strange fucking gambit to not vanillize anyone (or have hit a VT and maybe saw no reaction...?) but as stated, I'm not entirely comfortable with his claim.
Forgot to respond to this, the claim looks town actually. Also I think both those roles can exist for town.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by Heartless »

finally at a computer

1st thing: i need to take back what i said to titus and admit i have no clue what's going on w/ piper and cakez
In post 2093, Drunken Piper wrote:(As DP slept off his last tear, conversation exploded. but he saw this that caught his eye, he will do the other catch up later)
In post 2084, ɀefiend wrote:
I believe Heartless already asked this question, but
@DrunkenPiper
: if you tracked Pine to nacho N1, wouldn't you also have tracked him to BBmolla? If you didn't, isn't that confirmation that BBmolla is lying about being vanillaized? I don't know how Firebringer would resolve that but maybe you should ask him.
you can do this math, if that was the case,
then I wouldnt be talking about BBmolla in this time and place.

hmm, think hard new guy, think hard, try not to use any aids.
and you will probably figure out that I am a...............
at first i thought he was claiming gunsmith and that would explain everything: how he guiltied pine and how he doesn't have a definitive opinion on whether bb is gambiting or not.

but then i looked back and he said very distinctly that cakez didn't visit anyone which a gunsmith wouldn't know so i have no fucking idea what's going on there

In post 1817, Drunken Piper wrote:also n2 Cakez did not target anyone.
if you were curious if he was walking around with a gun.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Wasn't that a Rogue Crew ability? Don't those change nightly?
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by Heartless »

wasn't what a rogue crew ability?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2228, Heartless wrote:finally at a computer

1st thing: i need to take back what i said to titus and admit i have no clue what's going on w/ piper and cakez
In post 2093, Drunken Piper wrote:(As DP slept off his last tear, conversation exploded. but he saw this that caught his eye, he will do the other catch up later)
In post 2084, ɀefiend wrote:
I believe Heartless already asked this question, but
@DrunkenPiper
: if you tracked Pine to nacho N1, wouldn't you also have tracked him to BBmolla? If you didn't, isn't that confirmation that BBmolla is lying about being vanillaized? I don't know how Firebringer would resolve that but maybe you should ask him.
you can do this math, if that was the case,
then I wouldnt be talking about BBmolla in this time and place.

hmm, think hard new guy, think hard, try not to use any aids.
and you will probably figure out that I am a...............
at first i thought he was claiming gunsmith and that would explain everything: how he guiltied pine and how he doesn't have a definitive opinion on whether bb is gambiting or not.

but then i looked back and he said very distinctly that cakez didn't visit anyone which a gunsmith wouldn't know so i have no fucking idea what's going on there

In post 1817, Drunken Piper wrote:also n2 Cakez did not target anyone.
if you were curious if he was walking around with a gun.
You're really close, but I think it would be antitown to push you there.

I appreciate the takeback on the DP thing.

Can you clarify your BBMolla read and why?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 2230, Heartless wrote:wasn't what a rogue crew ability?
DP's track
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 2231, Titus wrote:You're really close, but I think it would be antitown to push you there.
well there's really no unringing that bell now, so i think clarification is better
In post 2231, Titus wrote:Can you clarify your BBMolla read and why?
town, vanillaized claim/occam's razor

[i also happen to think molla's role being a scum role would prob create very problematic balance issues but i guess that's just me, what do i know about balancing setups?]
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 2232, Aj The Epic wrote:
In post 2230, Heartless wrote:wasn't what a rogue crew ability?
DP's track
nope
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 2233, Heartless wrote:[i also happen to think molla's role being a scum role would prob create very problematic balance issues but i guess that's just me, what do i know about balancing setups?]
whereas if hes town, thats really not that much power.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:37 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 2235, TheWayItEnds wrote:
In post 2233, Heartless wrote:[i also happen to think molla's role being a scum role would prob create very problematic balance issues but i guess that's just me, what do i know about balancing setups?]
well.... kinda', but not precisely. if town, it's potentially quite a bit of power IF they target the right people, but it's unlikely. there's also potential for some negative utility in there. it's what people would call "swingy" but ON AVERAGE, i would consider to be relatively low power.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 2225, Heartless wrote:

scum catch up
Why?
bc you use a ton of words to say not very much and the reads themselves are so cookie cutter and meh

anyway back to this

in the opening post i feel like he's just sort of going through the motions and dryly pointing out things that MIGHT be scummy but there's really no direction to any of the thoughts and most all the reads just kind of end up in this weird limbo. i'm not really seeing any effort to go beyond surface level or any attempt to say what the most LIKELY situation is. it's the appearance of "gamesolving" without really solving anything.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Why is no one asking me anything

I feel objectified
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:13 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 2236, Heartless wrote:
In post 2235, TheWayItEnds wrote:
well.... kinda', but not precisely. if town, it's potentially quite a bit of power IF they target the right people, but it's unlikely. there's also potential for some negative utility in there. it's what people would call "swingy" but ON AVERAGE, i would consider to be relatively low power.
i mean like, as town, if i had 1 shot redirector in my PM, thats essentially never getting used.

redirect is almost always negative utility
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I actually tried to use an action but was reminded I was vanillaized
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I want trying to redirect AJ to Klingon

Not that it matters
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2233, Heartless wrote:
In post 2231, Titus wrote:You're really close, but I think it would be antitown to push you there.
well there's really no unringing that bell now, so i think clarification is better
In post 2231, Titus wrote:Can you clarify your BBMolla read and why?
town, vanillaized claim/occam's razor

[i also happen to think molla's role being a scum role would prob create very problematic balance issues but i guess that's just me, what do i know about balancing setups?]
DP has a role that let him know the type of action Pine took is my logical guess.

That would limit, by Occam's Razor, that BBMolla was town unless DP told of his guilty to scum in adavance via the starship. The mod could say put in a role that has scum directly ccing DP, but I find that unlikely. Otherwise, there's no way for scum to know that Pine was going down prior to BBMolla's claim. Thus, BBMolla town is extremely likely or BBMolla scum means Starship scum and Pine invaded a group that already had a member. The sheer level of justifications needed and to what extremes means BBMolla is town.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Post by ɀefiend »

In post 2237, Heartless wrote:

scum catch up
Why?

anyway back to this

in the opening post i feel like he's just sort of going through the motions and dryly pointing out things that MIGHT be scummy but there's really no direction to any of the thoughts and most all the reads just kind of end up in this weird limbo. i'm not really seeing any effort to go beyond surface level or any attempt to say what the most LIKELY situation is. it's the appearance of "gamesolving" without really solving anything.
I started reading an 80 page game at 9 pm, and between several breaks I didn't finish til 4 am. Maybe I should have waited to post with a clearer mindset, but I really just wanted to get my true, initial feelings down the moment after finishing reading. It wasn't an meant to be anything beyond superficial feelings and reads, but it was meant to give everyone an idea of where my thoughts lay upon an initial catch-up.

The weirdo limbo thing is because I genuinely feel like there's a conundrum between players with regards to their reads (for example, Titus, Nero, and Infinity) and I was hoping to pry further into these nuances. I started chipping away at Nero, and we made some progress, but Infinity's primary reaction was to discredit my efforts and fling absolute bullshit. Titus probably doesn't care one way or another now that she has a supporter for Infinity lynch.

TL:Dr: I wanted to establish a baseline personal "feel" of the game so that I could work off of something as I get in stride. I didn't want to just come out with reads and progression that makes no sense with zero background context. My catch-up at least provides some context and I'm was more comfortable moving forward with one like that.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:04 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2243, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 2237, Heartless wrote:

scum catch up
Why?

anyway back to this

I started reading an 80 page game at 9 pm, and between several breaks I didn't finish til 4 am. Maybe I should have waited to post with a clearer mindset, but I really just wanted to get my true, initial feelings down the moment after finishing reading. It wasn't an meant to be anything beyond superficial feelings and reads, but it was meant to give everyone an idea of where my thoughts lay upon an initial catch-up.

The weirdo limbo thing is because I genuinely feel like there's a conundrum between players with regards to their reads (for example, Titus, Nero, and Infinity) and I was hoping to pry further into these nuances. I started chipping away at Nero, and we made some progress, but Infinity's primary reaction was to discredit my efforts and fling absolute bullshit. Titus probably doesn't care one way or another now that she has a supporter for Infinity lynch.

TL:Dr: I wanted to establish a baseline personal "feel" of the game so that I could work off of something as I get in stride. I didn't want to just come out with reads and progression that makes no sense with zero background context. My catch-up at least provides some context and I'm was more comfortable moving forward with one like that.
In what universe do you think that I do not care about your posts because you're voting Infinity?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 2243, ɀefiend wrote:TL:Dr: I wanted to establish a baseline personal "feel" of the game so that I could work off of something as I get in stride. I didn't want to just come out with reads and progression that makes no sense with zero background context. My catch-up at least provides some context and I'm was more comfortable moving forward with one like that.
attn: tth, i need an appropriate gumball reaction gif for this plz
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by Heartless »

but srsly...

i have no idea what any of that means.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:47 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2246, Heartless wrote:but srsly...

i have no idea what any of that means.
He needs his deep "meditation" I bet. Some people believe in rythym and momentum lynches and crap. This looks to be more of that. I never get that kind of poster (I learned that from Mollie hydra), so I try to stay out of the way of that kind of poster.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:56 pm

Post by Heartless »

in my official capacity as someone who knows mollie...

i still have no clue what that means
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

thoughts on DP claiming the exact nature of the guilty?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”