Newbie 1770: Water Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:52 pm

Post by -Grey- »

OR IS IT TOWN TO LYNCH EMPTY SLOTS NOW?
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:53 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1299, Formerfish wrote:Grey, there is a stat that says newbies who replace out have a high chance of being scum. It's a fucking fact man. You may not agree with the practice, but you can't disagree with the stat itself.

And it ended up being fucking right didn't it? You were so ready to dissuade me or anyone else from that line of thinking.
I don't give a fuck what you have to say. All your bullshit isn't going to change the color of my role pm.

It's a lazy, retarded ass excuse to scumread somebody, end of story.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:53 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 1298, -Grey- wrote:
In post 1297, RadiantCowbells wrote:And TS, do you not find it sketchy that Grey only jumped on the slot as soon as there was a replacement?
That's bullshit dude. If I'd have tried to lynch it before the replacement, you'd have criticized me for attacking an empty slot.
No, there's no way I would have. I was attacking an empty slot because rereading overnight I determined that the slot was basically guaranteed scum.
Why would I have attacked you for doing the exact same that I was doing at the time?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:54 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1300, -Grey- wrote:OR IS IT TOWN TO LYNCH EMPTY SLOTS NOW?
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:54 pm

Post by -Grey- »

(Psst: The answer is no)
---
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:55 pm

I didn't really care about whether the slot was empty or not because I thought that it was scum. I 'claim' that I would have waited to scumread the replacement for what they DID because I like to have a solid case on my partner when I bus which I definitely did not during this game but *shrug*. I question whether Fykus would have coached that Tracker claim, which feels coached.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:55 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1301, -Grey- wrote:
In post 1299, Formerfish wrote:Grey, there is a stat that says newbies who replace out have a high chance of being scum. It's a fucking fact man. You may not agree with the practice, but you can't disagree with the stat itself.

And it ended up being fucking right didn't it? You were so ready to dissuade me or anyone else from that line of thinking.
I don't give a fuck what you have to say. All your bullshit isn't going to change the color of my role pm.

Awesome, then hang.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:58 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1306, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1301, -Grey- wrote:

Awesome, then hang.
Do me a favor and don't join any games I'm in in the future.
---
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:59 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Cool story bro. Sorry I didn't just fall in line with whatever you said and have independent ideas. But sure. I'll go fuck myself?
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:04 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1308, Formerfish wrote:Cool story bro. Sorry I didn't just fall in line with whatever you said and have independent ideas. But sure. I'll go fuck myself?
Wrong. You didn't have an independent idea.

You sheeped somebody else's idea. You don't get credit for that.

You're too fucking lazy to put in the work to read people, so you look for cheats, and to hell with anything that contradicts your easymode way of life.

So yes. Please do.
---
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:25 pm

Post by Fykus »

In post 1305, RadiantCowbells wrote:I didn't really care about whether the slot was empty or not because I thought that it was scum. I 'claim' that I would have waited to scumread the replacement for what they DID because I like to have a solid case on my partner when I bus which I definitely did not during this game but *shrug*. I question whether Fykus would have coached that Tracker claim, which feels coached.
I think we both know that I wouldn't of been smart enough to pull something like that off in my first game. Hell, if I were scum I'd have killed grey the first chance I could. I didn't even notice FF's PR claim on day one until someone pointed it out. Even then, I still would have killed grey n1 because hes been a dick to me this entire game. Going for the PR n1 is most definitely an experienced players move i.e grey. Seriously, go back and reread all my posts and try to tell me I somehow masterminded this entire game and somehow "framed" grey into looking like confscum on the 2nd day.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:33 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Funny how my supposed competence fluctuates with whatever agenda Fykus is trying to push.

"Killing the PR shows that scum is experienced! Grey is experienced!"

"Grey is confscum on d2!"

Apparently, my experience taught me to kill PR's, but didn't teach me not to be so obvious that noobs can't spot me d2.
---
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:34 pm

Post by Fykus »

I didn't catch you being scum it was RC who did that. In the beginning it was your shitty attitude that rang alarm bells for me.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:11 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1312, Fykus wrote:I didn't catch you being scum it was RC who did that. In the beginning it was your shitty attitude that rang alarm bells for me.
Right, because it's obvious that scum is going to be abrasive.

It's not like they'd get father in the game by appeasing town or anything.
---
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:33 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 1290, RadiantCowbells wrote:It's not about the bussing specifically it's about the fact that it looked like he was signalling him to check partner then he claimed tracker and he was trying to prevent us from wagoning Pepcho before they came back.

If you think that Grey didn't powerbus, then we should probably lynch Fykus today.
In post 1292, -Grey- wrote:
In post 1289, TierShift wrote:I don't get why anyone thinks grey powerbussed?
Hallelujah, a voice of reason amidst the chaos.
No, I wonder how anyone dares to call that a powerbus. He didn't push that hard and he pushed late. It was not a strong bus.
In post 1297, RadiantCowbells wrote:And TS, do you not find it sketchy that Grey only jumped on the slot as soon as there was a replacement?
Why is that sketchy?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:34 am

Post by TierShift »

Grey you didn't answer my question as to who the last scum is: confscum fykus or confscum RC?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:38 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 1305, RadiantCowbells wrote:I question whether Fykus would have coached that Tracker claim, which feels coached.
Agreed, so I guess it's grey or you.

Probably voting grey after rereading.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:40 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 1313, -Grey- wrote:Right, because it's obvious that scum is going to be abrasive.

You can be scum and abrasive. Works as well.

Rc, do you think ny could be capable of coaching that claim?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:41 am

Post by TierShift »

I mean it worked up to now, grey. The experienced people aren't attacking you for being abrasive. You know it's the experienced people that lead the lynches.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:46 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1315, TierShift wrote:Grey you didn't answer my question as to who the last scum is: confscum fykus or confscum RC?
I'm gonna have to go with Door Number 1.
---
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:56 am

In post 1317, TierShift wrote:
In post 1313, -Grey- wrote:Right, because it's obvious that scum is going to be abrasive.

Yes I do think that Ny would have been capable of coaching that claim.

I don't think that they
did
, but that specific thing I think is well within scum!Nydus's repertoire
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:50 am

Post by Fykus »

Wheres nydus
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:04 am

Post by nydushermain »

Hi. What are you people doing? Have we been reading the same game I have? Get the fuck off grey and vote fykus.

VOTE: Fykus
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:06 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1184, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1079, nydushermain wrote:
In post 1072, Ville wrote:
In post 1071, -Grey- wrote:Hey Ville...

I wasn't kidding about your slot being caught scum.

VOTE: Ville

Just go ahead and out your partner so we can call it a day.
VOTE: -Grey-

I will claim if everyone is going to vote against me; but that would be against the interest of the town, making myself a kill target this night.
Or I need protection from a town doctor this night.
Ville specifically said "town doctor" so that implies that if he's a real PR, he's and investigative one because only doctor exists in cop or tracker. Let's pretend there's no scum that nks (I didn't actually know that was a possibility @grey), then that means that either formerfish is scum, or he's bulletproof with a shot on him hence the nk, or he's doctor and got a save somewhere?

I think that there should be a mass claim. This will make the game way easier. I HIGHLY DOUBT that if pepcho was cop, he'd check fish. If he were tracker, maybe he checks fish to see whether or not the PR claim holds. Either way, I think that a lot gets revealed because if fish is doctor, he gets a free town check almost (if we assume that scum don't nk).

UNVOTE:

I personally want hard claims in this order:

Grey
TS
Moogin
Fykus

I'm vanilla town, and RC claimed vanilla town earlier I believe. People from Grey to Fykus was just based on memory of who was in the game. Thoughts?
Actually I am very, very certain that this slot is town.
In post 1320, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1317, TierShift wrote:

Yes I do think that Ny would have been capable of coaching that claim.

I don't think that they
did
, but that specific thing I think is well within scum!Nydus's repertoire
Contradicting? Can you elaborate?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:15 am

That's literally not at all a contradiction.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”