Nahdia_Superfan
Nahdia_Superfan
Townie
Nahdia_Superfan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by Nahdia_Superfan »

I think your point MOI is that he tried to tie a bunch of people to Revan to make an excuse for voting them and then hopping back on Revan the next day like nothing happened.
I am going to make no comment as to whether it's a tell or not but I think there are better lynches in this game. He may be scum but just better lynches.
Please don't get too entrenched in any reads.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by lucca261 »

So I go out and there's a replacement, a lynch and five pages for me to read.

uh.

let's go.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by lucca261 »

Page 34

@hans, : didn't you do that too?

@UD, : ironic.

@UD, : do you think he saw that you did it and managed to stay alive, then did it because why not?

so, about that hammer...

I'm willing to believe that Hans accidentally hammered. he had nothing from gain by doing that. it would only attract unwanted attention for him, attention he wouldn't want as scum. He could easily have voted him, knowingly hammered and no one would instalynch him for it. My problem is not if the hammer was accidental or not.

My problem is the change to vote Mozamis when a new player had voted him just before. When Mozamis seemed like the most possible read, Hans was quick to vote him, and, regardless if he knew that he was hammering or no, this is scummy as fuck.

Without Mozamis in the game things get harder. I was thinking that Mozamis was scum, in fact, I wanted to move my vote to his wagon. I liked some UD posts and was starting to consider that I was maybe tunneling him. Now with 7 scum candidates, we have less player to consider. I think that Magna is not scum. Doom is not scum. Fitz is not scum. So I'd like to work with four suspects for now. Nahdia, Revan, UD and Hans. I'd say Nahdia because his vote was non-committal as a vote could be: "Hey, did I read the game or I'm only voting him to sheep Magna? look it's L-1 bye".

now, on D3, I'm interested at rereading to see how the D2 wagons formed. we had significant wagons on UD, Hans, Revan and Mozamis. it's 99% likely we hit scum. the Mozamis wagon was probably manufactured by scum. I will analyse the wagon and try to see who benefitted the most from it.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by lucca261 »

Page 35

@doom, : why did you quote that three posts? they have zero relation with your statement.

@nahdia, : what are your actual reads? you replaced in, townread Magna, scumread Mozamis, AKA the two most popular opinions on the game, put Mozamis in L-1 and...

@superhans, : scummy. of course you would regret voting Mozamis if town, you don't need a statement for this. this is LAMIST.

@revan, : why the doom scumread? you seemed to townread him last page. what did you see that you started scumreading him? and together with UD?

@doom, : I was clearly not threatening you? this post was a statement of my townread on you? and how I'm scum for that Revan's readlist, please?

super, is your scumread on magna and revan together because magna stopped your Revan's lynch? how did I stop scumreading you? you're scum.

Page 36

@superhans, : stop with the defeated attitude. It didn't work for Sesq, it won't work for you.

@nahdia, : nahdia still didn't give one read on this game. regardless of alignment, that's lazy.

@doom, : I think we should do a FOS vote. when people want to vote for someone, you FOS them instead. we could the FOS, and then, when we reach a majority, we vote for that person. in this way, we stop quickhammers.

@UD, : can you point to me the two quotes where people said that?

wait. can this L-3 stuff be a scumslip that points that Doom and Hans are scum together? if they were planning on killing someone today, it would be a L-3. the way they were talking about that it seemed like they were almost already assuming it. I think it's plausible.

@fitz, : that's one of the strongest posts on the game. I hadn't noticed that about UD and it's very scummy for UD to do it. second time that UD seems to know the flips before they happen. Fitz is town. He's looking for stuff from a town perspective. Not voting Fitz today.

@doom, : there's no reason to no lynch, there's no night phase.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by lucca261 »

Page 37

some of doom posting today are making me feel conflicted. he's posting a lot, but on some of this posts, he puts zero content. Fitz with one post had more content than all of Doom posts today.

@mozamis, : i'll be honest and say that this made me laugh a lot.

@magna, : what are you seeing on these three posts?

@doom, : and I'm the only one that revan townreads? is this a reaction test?

where did Hans's Revan scumread went? lol. for someone who was so sure that Revan is scum, he's voting MOI now. yeah, hans is scum. I'd say that Revan and Hans is getting more possible with every post that Hans and Revan push each other but start to push other people and forget about each other.

I have completely no reaction to Hans this page. like, no reaction. it's dumb as fuck. i'm mad.

i will do my wagon analysis later, want to post on other games first.
Ultimate Despair
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by Ultimate Despair »

In post 897, havingfitz wrote:UD...you casting shade on Hans for his hammer seems a bit ironic. I think his vote and oops looked pretty genuine. What I do find a bit weird is you giving him a hard time abou the hammer before we even knew the flip.
Prior to knowledge that moz was town....you should be more focused on let's see what the flip is and not suspecting someone who is voting the same player as you. I.e. who's like minded.
Your little pre-flip exchange just seems a bit knowing to me.
This is objectively wrong by the way. "Oh it's twilight let's wait and sit on our hands to see what the flip is" is utterly useless behavior. His hammer looked suss, and I pushed him on it. It is BETTER to make that kind of push in an environment where it's unknown what the flip would be; see who seems confident that it was still scum, see who might know it's town and potentially out themselves in the discussion. Of course our mod decided to quick post the flip and end that possibility (which is kind of annoying btw), but that's a productive environment for that line of enquiry.

Ps what about the hammer seemed especially genuine to you? And what about my enquiry, other than the fact of its existence, seemed knowing?

-M
Ultimate Despair
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:20 pm

In post 928, lucca261 wrote:

wait. can this L-3 stuff be a scumslip that points that Doom and Hans are scum together? if they were planning on killing someone today, it would be a L-3. the way they were talking about that it seemed like they were almost already assuming it. I think it's plausible.

@fitz, : that's one of the strongest posts on the game. I hadn't noticed that about UD and it's very scummy for UD to do it. second time that UD seems to know the flips before they happen. Fitz is town. He's looking for stuff from a town perspective. Not voting Fitz today.
1) people just love asking me to do their work for them it seems.

and the end of

2) see my rebuttal in my last post. That's not a strong post, it's a dumb post. The scum motivation for me to draw attention to myself my pushing Hans there before the flip is at most wifom, while the town motivation is obvious. "Ooh it seems 'knowing' " is transparently lazy, and the kind of point that should be thrown out wholesale at least nine times out of ten.

3) stop looking for scumslips, start looking for actually scummy behavior. "Scumslips" are bullshit the bulk majority of the time and mainly an excuse fir lazy scumhunting.

-M
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by havingfitz »

In post 907, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 897, havingfitz wrote:And MOI...you were the driving force in both mislynches iirc. Certainly moz. Not that I or anyone else on those wagons thought the points you were making were disingenuous....but credit has to go to you for holding the steering wheel. You have to be considered...and anyone in this game who's in your fan club are IMO either scum blowing smoke up town!MOI's ass, really creative scum buddies reverseWIFOMdistancing from scum!MOI or really shortsighted town regardless of your alignment.
Well on one hand I have to accept I am involved in both mislynches. On the other hand this is the sort of approach I’d expect scum to peddle. I note you were on both mislynches as well. Do you think everyone should not bear the scrutiny of two consecutive Town lynches? But to springboard some questions –

1. Do you realistically think I’d bother trying to strong-arm Revan onto a mislynch as I did with my post this morning as scum?
2. Why bother to completely fence-sit on the players who are my so-called “fan club”? You basically leave room open to call pretty much anyone in that group scum or Town. And who would you assess is said fan club?
My point wasn't that you were involved....it was that you led. If you were scum...having the pull to get town to follow you blindly into a mislynch is a great thing. I'm not saying you are scum. I haven't looked the game over with the latest flip in mind. But you must agree from anyone else's POV that you aren't exempt from suspicion. And I am obviously aware I was on both mislynches too. I also realize that in addition to you and I....UD and wgeurts/NS are on both mislynches too. But that's as far as that assessment has gone for me atm. But yes to your scrutiny question.

to your other questions:
1. Sure...if scum, why wouldn't you? It achieved a mislynch. Which is scum's goal.
2. Who are you saying is fence sitting? You or me? As for my comments...I agree it doesn't narrow anything down on anyone. It's not a strong point against anyone...I just don't like it. And the fact more than a few have been doing it makes it even less helpful and more annoying. Off the top of my head I would say Doom is president of the club. I think moz and maybe lucca were pumping you up as town. There might have been a few more that went above and beyond "I think MOI is probably town"....which is where I have been most the the game.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................calling it a night. I'll re-assess more tomorrow.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 931, Ultimate Despair wrote:
In post 928, lucca261 wrote:

1) people just love asking me to do their work for them it seems.

and the end of

2) see my rebuttal in my last post. That's not a strong post, it's a dumb post. The scum motivation for me to draw attention to myself my pushing Hans there before the flip is at most wifom, while the town motivation is obvious. "Ooh it seems 'knowing' " is transparently lazy, and the kind of point that should be thrown out wholesale at least nine times out of ten.

3) stop looking for scumslips, start looking for actually scummy behavior. "Scumslips" are bullshit the bulk majority of the time and mainly an excuse fir lazy scumhunting.

-M
again, the tone: "I'm better than you and never make mistakes."

1) so the two people were doom, who already stated he didn't mean that and magna on the middle of D2? okay.

2) it's not a strong post just for the scumslip stuff. it's a strong post because he's looking for scum and his views on posts reminds me of things I was thinking when I was reading them. he is viewing stuff from a town point of view. also, scum make a lot of mistakes. if scum didn't, there would be no way to scumhunt them, and that could be a possible mistake on your part.

3) do you think I'm town?
In post 932, havingfitz wrote:
In post 907, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 897, havingfitz wrote:And MOI...you were the driving force in both mislynches iirc. Certainly moz. Not that I or anyone else on
2. Who are you saying is fence sitting? You or me? As for my comments...I agree it doesn't narrow anything down on anyone. It's not a strong point against anyone...I just don't like it. And the fact more than a few have been doing it makes it even less helpful and more annoying. Off the top of my head I would say Doom is president of the club. I think moz and maybe lucca were pumping you up as town. There might have been a few more that went above and beyond "I think MOI is probably town"....which is where I have been most the the game.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................calling it a night. I'll re-assess more tomorrow.
which case do you see it? about who is scum trying to pump up town!magna, scum partners with him or clueless town sheeping him?
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:36 pm

Post by Superhans »

In post 929, lucca261 wrote:
Page 37

some of doom posting today are making me feel conflicted. he's posting a lot, but on some of this posts, he puts zero content. Fitz with one post had more content than all of Doom posts today.

@mozamis, : i'll be honest and say that this made me laugh a lot.

@magna, : what are you seeing on these three posts?

@doom, : and I'm the only one that revan townreads? is this a reaction test?

where did Hans's Revan scumread went? lol. for someone who was so sure that Revan is scum, he's voting MOI now. yeah, hans is scum. I'd say that Revan and Hans is getting more possible with every post that Hans and Revan push each other but start to push other people and forget about each other.

I have completely no reaction to Hans this page. like, no reaction. it's dumb as fuck. i'm mad.

i will do my wagon analysis later, want to post on other games first.
I voted Revan over moi
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:47 pm

Post by Superhans »

In post 927, lucca261 wrote:
Page 34

@hans, : didn't you do that too?

@UD, : ironic.

@UD, : do you think he saw that you did it and managed to stay alive, then did it because why not?

so, about that hammer...

I'm willing to believe that Hans accidentally hammered. he had nothing from gain by doing that. it would only attract unwanted attention for him, attention he wouldn't want as scum. He could easily have voted him, knowingly hammered and no one would instalynch him for it. My problem is not if the hammer was accidental or not.

My problem is the change to vote Mozamis when a new player had voted him just before. When Mozamis seemed like the most possible read, Hans was quick to vote him, and, regardless if he knew that he was hammering or no, this is scummy as fuck.

Without Mozamis in the game things get harder. I was thinking that Mozamis was scum, in fact, I wanted to move my vote to his wagon. I liked some UD posts and was starting to consider that I was maybe tunneling him. Now with 7 scum candidates, we have less player to consider. I think that Magna is not scum. Doom is not scum. Fitz is not scum. So I'd like to work with four suspects for now. Nahdia, Revan, UD and Hans. I'd say Nahdia because his vote was non-committal as a vote could be: "Hey, did I read the game or I'm only voting him to sheep Magna? look it's L-1 bye".
Agree that Doom is likely not scum, but I urge you to read MOI beyond just producing posts with seemingly good content. Chance that he is town, sure, but please don't automatically town read him.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:52 pm

Post by Superhans »

In post 820, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I’m tired of playing nice …
In post 802, Revan wrote:Idk, 799 looks town to me...

VOTE: UD
Here is an ultimatum Rev. Either you vote Moz or I am voting you. I have my reasons. You have about 24 hours.

--
In post 788, Superhans wrote:You seem to think Rev is lymchbait over obvious in your face scum?
I think it is suspect as hell that the only time momentum appears on Rev is when I convienently mention how he isn’t getting pressure and half the insta-votes came from Moz my top scum suspect.

--
In post 798, mozamis wrote:anyone got a clear, coherent case on me that i can respond to?
normally by now people are too pig headed/stupid to change their minds but whatever...
Oh, and by clear coherent case, I dont meen Magna asking me questions like
"why is the sky blue?"
no, why?
no, moz, why?"
But i'll reply to a small, well made out case.
This, by the way, is classic scum posting. Scum love nice summarized cases to argue against. In addition it infers that there is no reason to be voting her (and tries to dismiss my many, many points made against Moz as irrelevant when clearly they are not fluff like “Why is the sky blue”).

Vote this scum!
In post 810, mozamis wrote:@p.edit : it seemed a bit like coaching.
And yet another reason Moz is scum. She’s trying to pick out things she thinks she can frame as scummy (“Looks like coaching to me”) as opposed to honestly thinking about the game. As Lucca has pointed out – scum have daytalk …
In post 0, karnos wrote:The mafia may discuss in their private topic during the day.
So coaching is NEVER a valid scum-tell. Moz isn't interested in actually finding scum ... just finding things she thinks she can peddle as scum-tells.
If Revan had hammered Moz, how would we havw been able to hold him accountable with shit like this.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:59 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 933, lucca261 wrote:which case do you see it? about who is scum trying to pump up town!magna, scum partners with him or clueless town sheeping him?
It depends on MOIs alignment. Since I've had him as town most of the game if I had to guess...I'd say MOI was town with a combo of sheepish townfans and scum trying to avoid confrontation with him. Who is who wrt that train of thought still needs sorted out.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:05 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 936, Superhans wrote:If Revan had hammered Moz, how would we havw been able to hold him accountable with shit like this.
If Revan had voted/hammered moz as he'd been encouraged to...I think he would still be suspect. Regardless of how he got there he still would have been on a mislynch.

I don't think Revan being on or off the moz lynch definitively clears or implicates him.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:27 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 930, Ultimate Despair wrote:
In post 897, havingfitz wrote:UD...you casting shade on Hans for his hammer seems a bit ironic. I think his vote and oops looked pretty genuine. What I do find a bit weird is you giving him a hard time abou the hammer before we even knew the flip.
Prior to knowledge that moz was town....you should be more focused on let's see what the flip is and not suspecting someone who is voting the same player as you. I.e. who's like minded.
Your little pre-flip exchange just seems a bit knowing to me.
This is objectively wrong by the way. "Oh it's twilight let's wait and sit on our hands to see what the flip is" is utterly useless behavior. His hammer looked suss, and I pushed him on it. It is BETTER to make that kind of push in an environment where it's unknown what the flip would be; see who seems confident that it was still scum, see who might know it's town and potentially out themselves in the discussion. Of course our mod decided to quick post the flip and end that possibility (which is kind of annoying btw), but that's a productive environment for that line of enquiry.

Ps what about the hammer seemed especially genuine to you? And what about my enquiry, other than the fact of its existence, seemed knowing?

-M
Hans' posts between 830-835 seem genuine to me. Even in when supposedly Hans does not know moz has been hammered...he is still posting things he finds suspect about moz. And the next 2 posts seem legit as well. I have considered Hans a bit newbish...lynchbaity in this game even though I thought he stepped his play up a lot D2. Post 833 alone would make me think he is probably town. If he is scum that kind of misdirection from someone at his experience level would be impressive.

So UD...we're in twilight...MOI comments on the flip...NS is ~confident of a scum flip. You on the other hand are immediately all over Hans for his lolhammer. His hammer on someone you were voting as well. His vote in support of the player you suspected. His hammer which came a day after you yourself lolhammered D1. So town!you presumably knows it's something that can happen. If he hadn't said it was accidental would you have even given his hammer a 2nd look?

Your posts seemed a little like you were reprimanding him. People get reprimanded when they do something bad. People who vote for the player I suspect as we get close to deadline (albeit the mod had given us an extension but it still felt like we were getting near deadline) are IMO not doing something bad. People who vote a mislynch ARE doing something bad. And yes...I know that includes me and everyone else on the moz wagon. But when YOU are reprimanding Hans (for something "bad") and it is before we know for sure something bad has happened. That's why it felt to me like you were informed.

Questions for you UD...why...after your D1 lolhammer, that as you say did not go unnoticed, do you think scum!Hans would decide it was in his best interests D2 to do the same thing D2? Especially when scum!Hans could have just layed the vote down normally and not expressed it as a mistake. Or stayed off moz altogether and just let someone else (Revan? Doom? lucca?) drop the hammer and avoid being on the mislynch? What benefit does scum!Hans have for the potential negative attention a lolhammer could bring?

And on that note...I think the current Hans push on MOI today is quite humorous (based on the assumed relative disparities in their mafia experience levels and associated auras/experience cred). Kind of like a mouse getting pissed at an elephant. I think it's actually a bit of a town tell for me.

More later.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:39 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I’m starting to think Lucca may not be Town. Those posts look good but there is not substance coming out of them. I’m starting to think they are a series of well hidden IIoA posts. The fact that the only discernable scum read I can ever recall for the slot is UD doesn’t help matters.

--
In post 930, Ultimate Despair wrote:This is objectively wrong by the way. "Oh it's twilight let's wait and sit on our hands to see what the flip is" is utterly useless behavior. His hammer looked suss, and I pushed him on it. It is BETTER to make that kind of push in an environment where it's unknown what the flip would be; see who seems confident that it was still scum, see who might know it's town and potentially out themselves in the discussion. Of course our mod decided to quick post the flip and end that possibility (which is kind of annoying btw), but that's a productive environment for that line of enquiry.

My god if you are Town this is terrible, terrible posting. Hans’s hammer is presented exactly as yours was Day 1 – “Oops I thought that was an L-1 vote”. The cognitive dissonance flowing from your slot is bad if you are suggesting that hammer was sketchy (and possibly scum) and yours came from Town.

Furthermore the only player who “outed” that they might know Moz was flipping Town was you. So floating “I was looking for scum” netted yourself as the only viable suspect. Floating that you were obv-Town for doing so is just plain bad.

--
In post 932, havingfitz wrote:
Clearly I am saying you are fence-sitting. The time for “we will need to figure this out” is over. Shit or get off the pot, as it were. Today we lynch correctly or lose immediately. So is that line of thought you originally posted worthwhile to discuss or not?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:44 am

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 928, lucca261 wrote:@doom, : why did you quote that three posts? they have zero relation with your statement.
In post 868, doomfeathers wrote:My apologies. Those quotes were not meant to get into my post.
@doom, : I was clearly not threatening you? this post was a statement of my townread on you? and how I'm scum for that Revan's readlist, please?
I got a sudden rash of paranoia. Your play is townie, but I seem to be constantly wrong about scumreads, so I was wondering whether scum was slipping past me. I expected scum to townread partners, and his other townreads I townread more strongly.
@doom, : I think we should do a FOS vote. when people want to vote for someone, you FOS them instead. we could the FOS, and then, when we reach a majority, we vote for that person. in this way, we stop quickhammers.
I'd go for this.
As somebody pointed out, scum have daychat. If you want, I can find examples of paranoid me talking as if assuming worst-case scenario from earlier this game.
@doom, : there's no reason to no lynch, there's no night phase.
It would, however, extend our deadline indefinitely, if I understand the system correctly. We can do that if we need more time to deliberate.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:01 am

Post by doomfeathers »

@lucca216: The "threatening" thing was a Monsters, Inc. quote that I couldn't resist sticking in. I know you're not really threatening me.

@MoI: Are you ready to state your reasons for actually threatening Revan yet?

Is Superhans' jump onto the Magna wagon opportunistism or townish paranoia? Is it possible that Magna looks to scum like a possible mislynch, or that scum just don't want to be on any real wagons at the moment?

No matter who we scumread, we seem to agree that scum are somewhere in (Superhans, Revan, UD). Why don't we lynch one of these more scumread players? That way, we're more likely to hit scum, so we'll have more breathing room while going after others.
Ultimate Despair
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:12 am

In post 942, doomfeathers wrote:No matter who we scumread, we seem to agree that scum are somewhere in (Superhans, Revan, UD). Why don't we lynch one of these more scumread players? That way, we're more likely to hit scum, so we'll have more breathing room while going after others.
You do realize that it's MYLO right? One mislynch = game over? This seems like a bizarrely relaxed perspective given the game state. Do you think it's SH/Revan/us exactly? Are you somehow not concerned about picking wrong in that group? If the latter, please explain why you're not concerned about what could potentially be a game-ending decision.
-M
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:15 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 940, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Clearly I am saying you are fence-sitting. The time for “we will need to figure this out” is over. Shit or get off the pot, as it were. Today we lynch correctly or lose immediately. So is that line of thought you originally posted worthwhile to discuss or not?
It was clear to you the transmitter...not to me the receiver.

Agreed×3.

I'm giving my thoughts on something that bothers me. Perhaps not the most rock solid concern now...but it could perhaps be worth looking at at some point in the game to someone. Idk. Overconfidence just concerns me.

Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:20 am

Post by Superhans »

In post 942, doomfeathers wrote:@lucca216: The "threatening" thing was a Monsters, Inc. quote that I couldn't resist sticking in. I know you're not really threatening me.

@MoI: Are you ready to state your reasons for actually threatening Revan yet?

Is Superhans' jump onto the Magna wagon opportunistism or townish paranoia? Is it possible that Magna looks to scum like a possible mislynch, or that scum just don't want to be on any real wagons at the moment?

No matter who we scumread, we seem to agree that scum are somewhere in (Superhans, Revan, UD). Why don't we lynch one of these more scumread players? That way, we're more likely to hit scum, so we'll have more breathing room while going after others.
You're still hard town reading MOI, I'm guessing?
Nahdia_Superfan
Nahdia_Superfan
Townie
Nahdia_Superfan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:23 am

And on that note...I think the current Hans push on MOI today is quite humorous (based on the assumed relative disparities in their mafia experience levels and associated auras/experience cred). Kind of like a mouse getting pissed at an elephant. I think it's actually a bit of a town tell for me.
This is unproductive and worthless thinking. Superhans being a new player doesn't make him incapable of detecting experienced scum nor does it make his pushes less valuable unless they're legitimately bad.
I will not be pushing MOI today but I'm not a fan of you dismissing Superhans outright for suggesting it.

Have a good night guys. I promise tons of content tomorrow. Continue to not vote people nor get too entrenched in reads.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:29 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Ok time for the reveal of what I am seeing in Hans’s posts.

Firstly here is the cookie no-one was able to claim. Sadly, for it looks delectable.

Take a look at all those posts by Hans again. They share one important factor – they are all looking for two man pairings for scum. Then look through his ISO. You do not see him looking for three scum. You seem him associating two players as scum. But we know absolutely for certain there are three Mafia. This is an Open Set-up.

This is effectively what I call “Inadvertant Mafia Mind-set Slippage”. Specifically Hans as scum knows he has two partners and keeps posting about pairings when as Town he should be showing some level of cognizance that there are three people on the team. Is it a smoking gun? Not 100% but when I was reviewing my ISO I found multiple other instances (, ) where I had tagged Super’s posting as suspect but dismiss overall given relational reads that didn’t pan out.

The most recent time I can show that highlights this exact process is Sho’s GTA 2 Mafia.

In summary – the set-up was 2 Mafia , 2 different Serial Killers (one Odd and one Even Night) and Town. I was one of the Serial Killers. Day 1 a player made a post that to my eye indicated they had reads of scum as two players only. After all as a Serial Killer (and I didn’t know there was another) I thought it possible there were only two Mafia. Day 1 ends with a Mafia lynch. I Nightkilled my biggest detractor (Ranger) and when under fire unleashed the following on the player I suspected of Mafia –

MagnaofIllusion wrote: And I’m personally pretty sure I’ve already pointed out who the last Mafia member is.

VOTE: Dom

is a classic scum oops where he forgets that Town doesn’t know his scum team is only two players. And the hop on Code at when the issue was already decided is literally worst last second bussing ever. Maybe on the off chance Dom is the Serial Killer but I’m fairly confident he’s the Mafia boss.
What was post 481?
TheDominator37 wrote:Scum team is banta and polar/ranger
So in this case Dom forgot that he had information Town didn’t – that the scum team was only two players.

Hans’s play here is a variant of this. Specifically when he’s trying to present scum reads he keeps forgetting to look for three players as scum. He’s always presenting two player teams. Because subconsciously he knows he’s scum and thus is looking to find two other players. It is the kind of slip I’d expect from a less experienced player .
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Nahdia_Superfan
Nahdia_Superfan
Townie
Nahdia_Superfan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:31 am

Maybe Superhans is scum but he's not today's lynch for reasons that I will get into. That's a good catch but don't vote him or condone anyone else doing so.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:33 am

Post by Superhans »

im trying to find associations between two players rather than three players because its more likely this is achievable.

Return to “Completed Open Games”