Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2122, James3 wrote:As I suspected, you do not.

Metaphysics is the branch of philosophy concerned with first principles. What is fundamentally real. You have expressed numerous (absurd, incoherent) metaphysical beliefs in this thread. So the statement that you don't have metaphysical beliefs isn't correct (nor could it be), your metaphysical beliefs are just inchoate, you haven't thought them through.
Ah, you're doing that think where you think that the fact that we have different definitions of a word makes you correct.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2116, Not_Mafia wrote:And this is all inevitable
That is the beauty of it.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by Accountant »

Okay people, my pronoun is clearly stated below my location and avatar. Please keep that in mind.

More relevantly, I wouldn't consider myself a fascist or a communist. Fascists think that a strong, authoritarian leader is the best way to keep the country economically strong and safe from outside harm. I think a strong, authoritarian leader is the best way to set things in order. A "nation" needs a "leader". If there is a "nation" but no "leader", it is a violation of the structured way in which the world should be built. A nation without a dictator may be compared to a baby that is born without a heart, brain, eyes or internal organs, who has skin transparent as glass. Is it still a baby? Maybe in a technical sense, but everything that makes it a baby is gone, replaced by something alien and wrong. It is a disgusting sight, and there is nothing I can do but shudder in revulsion every time I see someone coo over this dead thing and tell me what a fine child they are and how amazing they'll be when they grow up.

Equally I am not a communist. The communist believes that each person should contribute according to their ability and receive according to their need. I believe that each person should receive as much as they want as long as they contribute according to their function. If there is not enough ability to perform this function, it is the responsibility of the person to increase their own ability to perform their function and fulfil their concept. You wouldn't open up a clock and go to each individual gear and say "it's okay if you don't turn, as long as you do your turning to your best of your ability". No. That is the behavior of a madman. You must say, "you are a cog. You
must
turn. To fail to turn is to abandon your identity as a cog. You would essentially be commiting suicide."

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:52 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2122, James3 wrote:By?
The correct path.

James3
James3
Goon
James3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by James3 »

In post 2125, Accountant wrote:
In post 2122, James3 wrote:As I suspected, you do not.

Metaphysics is the branch of philosophy concerned with first principles. What is fundamentally real. You have expressed numerous (absurd, incoherent) metaphysical beliefs in this thread. So the statement that you don't have metaphysical beliefs isn't correct (nor could it be), your metaphysical beliefs are just inchoate, you haven't thought them through.
Ah, you're doing that think where you think that the fact that we have different definitions of a word makes you correct.
It's not that we have different definitions. It's that I know what the word means (and has always meant), and you not only don't know but appear to have no interest in knowing what it means.
In post 2128, Accountant wrote:
In post 2122, James3 wrote:By?
The correct path.
Which communicated to you how?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:15 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2129, James3 wrote:It's not that we have different definitions. It's that I know what the word means (and has always meant), and you not only don't know but appear to have no interest in knowing what it means.
Cease attempting to instruct me on what is inside my mind. This is a classical mistake that people always make when speaking to me. The truth is this: under my meaning of the word, my statements are certainly correct.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2129, James3 wrote:Which communicated to you how?
It did not communicate to me.

James3
James3
Goon
James3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:57 pm

Post by James3 »

In post 2130, Accountant wrote:
In post 2129, James3 wrote:It's not that we have different definitions. It's that I know what the word means (and has always meant), and you not only don't know but appear to have no interest in knowing what it means.
Cease attempting to instruct me on what is inside my mind. This is a classical mistake that people always make when speaking to me. The truth is this: under my meaning of the word, my statements are certainly correct.
No one cares about your personal idiosyncrasies. If you wish to have a conversation with other people, then use words according to their accepted meaning.
In post 2131, Accountant wrote:
In post 2129, James3 wrote:Which communicated to you how?
It did not communicate to me.
Then how did it "tell" you anything?
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by Shaziro »

The problem with talking to Accountant, or at least one of the many, is that the moment you point out that Accountant doesn't know something they think they know, they immediately just claim that you're using a different definition. It's a pretty standard way of avoiding losing an argument I've seen online, typically accompanied by the person then demanding that you make clear the exact meanings of everything said that could be vaguely considered to mean something else, so they can attempt to lose you in the weeds of defining things.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2132, James3 wrote:No one cares about your personal idiosyncrasies. If you wish to have a conversation with other people, then use words according to their accepted meaning.
The thread is entitled "Accountant's Utopia Philosophy", not "Have a nice chat according to the social norms of others about philosophy where Accountant coincidentally is the main focus". To chastise me for using a bad definition is as weird as going up to Kant and telling him "nobody cares about your personal idosyncrasies and made-up terms like 'categorical imperative'. Use words according to their accepted meaning."

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2132, James3 wrote:Then how did it "tell" you anything?
It is self-evident.
Last edited by Accountant on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Your mum is self-evident
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2133, Shaziro wrote:The problem with talking to Accountant, or at least one of the many, is that the moment you point out that Accountant doesn't know something they think they know, they immediately just claim that you're using a different definition. It's a pretty standard way of avoiding losing an argument I've seen online, typically accompanied by the person then demanding that you make clear the exact meanings of everything said that could be vaguely considered to mean something else, so they can attempt to lose you in the weeds of defining things.
Luckily, I'm not a standard online arguer.

CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

accountant can I get your tldr version again?
after a wank.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2138, CooLDoG wrote:accountant can I get your tldr version again?
Do good things.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:57 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 2137, Accountant wrote:
In post 2133, Shaziro wrote:The problem with talking to Accountant, or at least one of the many, is that the moment you point out that Accountant doesn't know something they think they know, they immediately just claim that you're using a different definition. It's a pretty standard way of avoiding losing an argument I've seen online, typically accompanied by the person then demanding that you make clear the exact meanings of everything said that could be vaguely considered to mean something else, so they can attempt to lose you in the weeds of defining things.
Luckily, I'm not a standard online arguer.
No, it isn't lucky, because you're crazy.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:58 pm

Post by Accountant »

I suppose righteousness must seem crazy to many, given how rare it is in the world.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by Shaziro »

You're not righteous in any way other than self-righteous. You're just crazy.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by Accountant »

I think that when I claim I am righteous it was implied that the righteousness was possessed by myself. Hence, I am self-righteous.

But I am certainly not crazy. In fact, I think that I may be one of the few people in the world who see the truth. That would make me the only person who isn't crazy.

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 2143, Accountant wrote:But I am certainly not crazy. In fact, I think that I may be one of the few people in the world who see the truth. That would make me the only person who isn't crazy.
I was going to make the joke "I'm not crazy, you're crazy!" but you actually said it :lol:
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 2143, Accountant wrote:I think that when I claim I am righteous it was implied that the righteousness was possessed by myself. Hence, I am self-righteous.

But I am certainly not crazy. In fact, I think that I may be one of the few people in the world who see the truth. That would make me the only person who isn't crazy.
in order to be the truth it needs verifiable evidence which it doesnt have

your entire worldview is wrong
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2145, Sesq wrote:in order to be the truth it needs verifiable evidence which it doesnt have
This statement is incorrect.

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:47 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 2146, Accountant wrote:
In post 2145, Sesq wrote:in order to be the truth it needs verifiable evidence which it doesnt have
This statement is incorrect.
evidence
James3
James3
Goon
James3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by James3 »

Basically. What seems to make Accountant unique is that he more or less admits to the tactics that generic bad arguers try to hide.
In post 2134, Accountant wrote:
In post 2132, James3 wrote:No one cares about your personal idiosyncrasies. If you wish to have a conversation with other people, then use words according to their accepted meaning.
The thread is entitled "Accountant's Utopia Philosophy", not "Have a nice chat according to the social norms of others about philosophy where Accountant coincidentally is the main focus". To chastise me for using a bad definition is as weird as going up to Kant and telling him "nobody cares about your personal idosyncrasies and made-up terms like 'categorical imperative'. Use words according to their accepted meaning."
You're allowed to define a term that you yourself coin. There's no parity between that and using metaphysics as a synonym for magic.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:23 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 2139, Accountant wrote:
In post 2138, CooLDoG wrote:accountant can I get your tldr version again?
Do good things.
I always do good things. But why can't I drink and "smoke" in the privacy of my own place of residence when it effects no one but me?

Granted, there are times when I have acted wrongly, but I
have always
made up for my wrongs... (I have no depts, period)

Why should I be restricted by the bacon?
after a wank.

Return to “General Discussion”