Open 675: Pick Your Power X/Y (Game Over!)

Prince Lyon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by Prince Lyon »

Which way?
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:35 pm

Post by schadd_ »

i uh plead the fifth
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

schadd I have no idea what you're trying to soft

or why you quoted desperado
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:38 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1172, Killthestory wrote:
In post 1168, Persivul wrote:Seriously, another hangman post and I'm out of here. Waste of time.
dunn u know what to do
I'll take the high road here
Prince Lyon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:39 pm

Post by Prince Lyon »

I told you I was lost in the middle of my life
There's times I stayed alive for you there's times I would have died for you
there's times it didn't matter at all
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1174, schadd_ wrote:
In post 1171, Prince Lyon wrote:Actually the more extreme my post numbers are the more likely that I am to be town.
perhaps note that i'm not sarcastically calling this post a tell
he's town
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 1177, Dunnstral wrote:schadd I have no idea what you're trying to soft

or why you quoted desperado
there is nothing related to this game that i'm trying to soft.
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:44 pm

Post by schadd_ »

zzzzt
free darius mccollum

Prince Lyon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by Prince Lyon »

If you'd spend less time making guarded forays into my meta and more time actually talking about the game you'd be a lot easier to read.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by schadd_ »

sure. is there anything in particular you want me to talk about?
free darius mccollum

Prince Lyon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:49 pm

Post by Prince Lyon »

Full readslist with reasons given that I have no idea where you stand on the majority of the game.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:49 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

let's talk about whemeplay
Prince Lyon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by Prince Lyon »

I'm gradually moving back into wanting to powerlynch Titus tbh.
Prince Lyon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by Prince Lyon »

Idk like Whemeplay is just meh to me. I don't have a read on that slot. I'm down to wagon them and see what happens but I probably don't want to lynch them today while there's slots like Alban or Persivul.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 1185, Prince Lyon wrote:Full readslist with reasons given that I have no idea where you stand on the majority of the game.
schadd's readslist. not included: prince lyon

these are generally non-exhaustive for my thoughts on the people

townies: transcend, killthestory - are they different people? i said at some point about at least one of them that i trust other people's reads on them (or other people's silence, where that's relevant). i glazed through transcend's history and saw that he got lynched d3 a few times when he was scum, so we'll do that if we need to. i am confident that both of them are either purposefully on the sidelines or scumfucks.

dunn - in pixie seven he farted around and yelled at people to do things and it looked like there wasn't much behind it. in this game it does. he has intentions that sorta make sense.
kinda town: davesaz - looks pretty candid, interrogative and
trying to figure it out from the sidelines
that's bold and difficult and unlikely given his scum lynch rate (wiki). but he hasn't been active/personal enough to get a strong gut accompaniment to the read
kinda kinda kinda town: doink the mafia - i am slightly trusting my earlier gut that he is different from the game i read (and i forgot that he was in fact scum in that game). in this game he's a bit more of a goofball and also more interested in prodding things than spewing opinions out. alban said he's apparently hard to read and Severa people that i sorta trust want to killing him

titus: she saw some of the same things and some different things as me about spadeace, which is cool. for some reason i also have a gut town on her. these things are lightly cancelled out by the fact that i apparently am not authorized to read her soul brother and i haven't even read any of her stuff yet. also she hasn't posted very much.
troo null: penguinpower - none of his 10 posts have done it for me.

alban - sort of in the same place. he has made a few read-y things and arguments that seem kinda real. but he totally slipped under my radar in the one game that i read, and he has bickered with people in ways that don't smell like svs, tvt, cult vs sk or anything
lightly scummed: whemeplay: src was quite the talkative in pixie seven. in this game, he (and wheme) are painfully contentless. for that reason though, they get lumped into the same whatever that a lot of people here are in, that i don't have any gut / tone read to accompany the read

gonkbadoop taskmaster: i don't want to talk about them yet, nor do i have much that can be put into words effectively
scummy: persivul - reminds me of grey in newbie 1769 - not really doing much in the way of reads, just calling different things out in a way that doesn't really hold him personally accountable, and then being really abrasive when anybody puts pressure on him. he has given two backhanded townreads. he has scumreads, but i don't get much sense of priority from him, and at any point he could park on one person and said "no, this is the one that i want to lynch" in a way that would enable him to throw shade at partners without needing to contribute to their lynch

an aside: i made a qt for myself with a few posts, one of which called that PL was not going to stick to voting persivul.

spadeace: there have been a lot of things that i pointed out. he has declined to answer a lot of my questions, said that he was town a lot of times and was in fact not doing the scum-motivated things i said he could be doing, and cried that his playstyle is scummy and he's usually lynchbait and i'm scum for scumreading him, while not really caring to consider why it's like that. he also has not stuck to any scumreads.

there's also gamestate-type thoughts i have that i don't think i'm at all good at articulating or even at all good at having compared to our more experienced players
free darius mccollum

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1133, Prince Lyon wrote:
Spoiler: Alt
I hacked the spoiler content out but left the spoiler itself to show what I'm responding to.
If you want to change playstyle and leave meta behind as an alt, your best bet is to act like you don't have meta on people. Referring to old games will get you found out and you'll find people treating you like the player you're trying not to be.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:36 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

^this guy doesn't have anything to say on the rest of the game
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:43 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1189, schadd_ wrote: kinda town: davesaz - looks pretty candid, interrogative and
that's bold and difficult and unlikely given his scum lynch rate (wiki). but he hasn't been active/personal enough to get a strong gut accompaniment to the read
Very
accurate. I must admit the wiki page is way out of date, but my scum rate will be even worse once it's filled in.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1191, Dunnstral wrote:^this guy doesn't have anything to say on the rest of the game
I freely admit that I need scum flips. My early game is shit and everyone knows it. Nary a clue, other than Titus is not playing her town game and I don't feel right about hard pushing it because she claimed RL and I always respect that.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:33 am

Post by schadd_ »

In post 1190, davesaz wrote:
In post 1133, Prince Lyon wrote:
Spoiler: Alt
I hacked the spoiler content out but left the spoiler itself to show what I'm responding to.
If you want to change playstyle and leave meta behind as an alt, your best bet is to act like you don't have meta on people. Referring to old games will get you found out and you'll find people treating you like the player you're trying not to be.
i don't think he was ever really trying to hide himself.
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:52 am

Post by schadd_ »

In post 1192, davesaz wrote:
In post 1189, schadd_ wrote: kinda town: davesaz - looks pretty candid, interrogative and
Very
accurate. I must admit the wiki page is way out of date, but my scum rate will be even worse once it's filled in.
what in particular are you calling accurate?
free darius mccollum

Prince Lyon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Prince Lyon »

If I was trying to hide my identity I wouldn't have chosen the name Prince Lyon. I already know I can not get lynched on secret alts; the point of this is to not be secret.
I would have preferred being unrevealed through night 1 at least so I didn't get unnecessarily nightkilled or copped but ther's no point in pretending otherwise now.
I chose 1 in anticipation of being revealed anyway; if I get first draft I can guarantee protection, if I don't then I'm at least buying time for PRs.
Prince Lyon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:59 am

Post by Prince Lyon »

In post 689, Titus wrote:
In post 679, alban wrote:This is ridiculous. It's like me asking you to vote for spade. As if that's the only absolution. This patronising attitude is getting on my nerves.
This.

Like Lyon is acting like all good players agree with him and because he thinks I am a good player and I don't agree with him, my play is somehow scum indicative rather than reassessing how the game has gone.

He's not looking at why he's townread so widely in a fractured game (it's because he's sucking and belittling others passively). So is Giga to a minor extent.

People need to accept others and look at the why behind their actions.
This still bugs me. This is not at all an accurate description of the gamestate at any point this game and I can't see why Titus would be so against me that she'd see it like this.
Prince Lyon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:00 am

Post by Prince Lyon »

In post 813, Titus wrote:
In post 796, Persivul wrote:
In post 789, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:i don't think he was trying to trap titus though i don't really get that?
Not Titus - me, or anyone who would question why he would scum read and vote someone, then in the same fucking post plead with the person voted to vote together on a third person. It's completely stupid play. About the only thing dumber than that is scum reading someone for questioning it. Traps are bad, but I can at least respect the attempt. If it wasn't a trap, he's just a fucking idiot. You push your scum reads, you don't hold hands and sing kumbayah with them.
Oh my favorite totally non applicable scum tell (needs to die tell)...calling people idiots
In post 886, Titus wrote:
In post 870, Spade_Ace wrote:I got here cos of my play. Am not surprised or salty that ppl are suspecting me. 6/7 games I have been scumread on Day1 irrespective of my alignment. I know am scummy. Funny thing is I have won all my scum games and lost all my town games. I don't want town to lose cos I hogged too much attention on Day1.

Alban, I have played so much with him that I will always view him cautiously. Alban's first few posts were bad and he has only been defending himself all game from what I rmbr. But he and bang are both busy ppl. Maybe he didn't get enough time to read ppl???

Titus I have no idea about ur style of play. But I am curious about ur VCA theory. Could you explain how you used that to coclude I was scum?
Dude, this is just salt. I am on a salt free diet. You keep spewing it, I keep lynching.

Why is bang even referenced in this post? Most people thing Bang is scumhunting.

I want you to explain why scum even bother to wagon you if Alban and I are town. My VCA theory is just looking at votes and explaining why they were that way.
pling someone who isn't even being close to unreasonable for being salty?
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:01 am

Post by schadd_ »

why would copping you be unnecessary?