Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by Cooperative Sheep »

In post 149, TwoFace wrote:
In post 147, -Grey- wrote:because scum can't believe their pushes.
Btw this actually confirmed what I'm saying.

If he was town who believed strongly in his push (which his posts imply they did) he wouldn't have abandoned them for something non AI (which he did)

Secondly scum can absolutely believe in their pushes. thats the best way to play as scum, push things that you know are scummy, things you would push as town.

The goal is to get town to think you're being genuine and the best way to do that is to actually be genuine.
But isn't that Catch-22 logic?
Like, functionally you're saying the way to play as scum is to play like you're town, and neither should abandon pushes they believe in.
So, by argument, Magna either is bad scum - or he's town/scum who believes his current push is not weaker than his former push.
Are you claiming he's bad at playing scum? Because otherwise doesn't your case fall flat?
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by TwoFace »

So grey. Explain to the class how I made a scum post wheh you basically agreed with what I was trying to say.

I can't wait to see you fumble around that one.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:53 pm

Post by TwoFace »

Yes he's bad at playing scum, at least this game.

He's getting lynched today. It may take a while but it's happening
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 149, TwoFace wrote:Secondly scum can absolutely believe in their pushes. thats the best way to play as scum, push things that you know are scummy, things you would push as town.
That's not being on your push, it's simply being consistent with your town meta... which isn't at all the same thing.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 153, -Grey- wrote:
In post 149, TwoFace wrote:Secondly scum can absolutely believe in their pushes. thats the best way to play as scum, push things that you know are scummy, things you would push as town.
That's not believing in your push, it's simply being consistent with your town meta... which isn't at all the same thing.
Edit
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by TwoFace »

You miss the point of my original post. Not surprising.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 155, TwoFace wrote:You miss the point of my original post. Not surprising.
You can't say that someone who sincerely believes the person they are pushing is scum, because scum cannot actually believe in their own pushes, regardless of whether they would make that same push as town or not.
---
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by TwoFace »

So yeah you totally missed the point
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:07 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Idgaf about your deflection, because you scumclaimed.
---
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:09 pm

Post by TwoFace »

My point is he abandoned something that he was making people think he believed to be true ( whether he is town who actually believed his reasons or scum who was pretending to believe it)

The moment he abandoned it for something non AI, he negated his entire original push aka flushed his credibility down the drain

So right now magna is a player (of unknown alignment) who pushed a player for reasons that he really didn't feel that strongly about yet tried to make people think he did.

to me that points to a player who is almost likely to be scum. I don't see why a townie would do that.

I'm sure this is still probably too complicated for you grey

P.edit lol ok whatever you say buddy
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by Human Sequencer »

Lycanfire replaces Barleycorn effective immediately.
nah
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:13 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Hey

I'm still on my dinner break reading. Proper catch up when I get back.

UNVOTE:
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:04 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

Had to say I might agree with TwoFace here:
In post 126, TwoFace wrote:
In post 122, Cooperative Sheep wrote:What do you think of my attack on Magna at the moment? I feel like his answers continue to slightly dance the issue, it makes me want to lynch him. Do you see that, or do you think I'm making stuff up, or what?
I still haven't see anything from him that reads town. Everything reads scum trying to look town. That's why I wanted him to self vote so boon would hammer. He didn't which leads me to think he's scum also
But is boon really lolhammering?

I'll put some thoughts when this is answered ^^^
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:33 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

Votecount 1.2

Boonskiies
:
Elena Fisher
:
Keyenpeydee
:
BlueBloodedToffee
: Boonskiies
momo
:
-Grey-
:
Jaack
:
MagnaofIllusion
: Elena Fisher, mattblackguy, TwoFace, BlueBloodedToffee, Cooperative Sheep
mattblackguy
:
Lycanfire
:
Cooperative Sheep
: Jaack
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
:
TwoFace
: MagnaofIllusion, -Grey-

MagnaofIllusion is the leading wagon with five votes.
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Mod notes
:
momo replaces cchengshi effective immediately.
Last edited by Human Sequencer on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
nah
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:34 am

Post by momo »

Sup, I just replace in.....
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:31 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Hmm. Ok that was a disturbing read.

I found myself agreeing with people only to have them disclose different reasons several times and I felt pretty isolated.

I think Barley's original reason to push Magna to be weak, and I only agree with Magna that Matt's post 18 was awful, but I dislike that he went the meta-angle rather than scumread him over.... Well, what fucking else is Matt doing? Nothing. That's my problem with the post.

I was developing some healthy suspicion of Sheep peaking at because they seemingly appeared pissed off that their preferred wagon was being derailed and they couldn't use their (sheep) gimmick to start one of their own. This was reinforced with post where they subvert their own gimmick but only after morale behind Barley's lynch appears (despite no votes). Posts , are ones I remarked had a lot of lucidity, probably because they weren't raging about not having a wagon to commit to. Considering them town right now for not doing anything stupid.

The rest of you are trying your hardest to be unsortable fucks and that is apparently all I'm good at doing in mafia. So I'm here to break your legs.

@Magna
2F's interactions have been pretty suspect. What would be your top pick for a scum partner of 2F?

@Grey
You said you had godly scumhunting. Why did you take a backseat in , create a lynchpool that was meaningless and tell us who you would lynch in it sans scumhunting?

@2F
In you said Magna was scum or could be ignored, by post you said they were either town or scum, and in either case could be ignored. By I get the impression you thought they were more town than not, and you were fast to say you would simply ignore them over work with them. Why?

@Jack
You said you doubted Sheep's evolution in reads in , but you seemingly miss (along with Magna) that Sheep was the sole occupant of a Barley wagon, despite the morale behind it. What scum motive does Sheep have here to avert the lynch, while simultaneously attempting to keep it viable?

@Key
Why were you so focused on Sheep's main account (2 instances) but not Barley's?

@Elena
What's your read on Magna?

@Matt
Why did you chainsaw for Key but offer us nothing besides a flaccid Magna vote in return? Do you really think this was more pro-town than watching (in the worst case) the proverbial vultures pick at Key?

@BBT
I want to work with you today. What's your thought on the game state?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:33 am

Post by Lycanfire »

i want to see more from the blank-er slots (gin, elena, boon, momo) bbt falls in there too but i don't really have a comment on boon's play atm beyond being amused that he apparently has a meta to recklessly hammer, feel free to tell me if that's bullshit if you're feeling left out
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:35 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 165, Lycanfire wrote:2F's interactions have been pretty suspect.
Like hell they have.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:36 am

Post by momo »

Lets play a game...you write a read and I tell you if you are making sense.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:37 am

Post by Lycanfire »

your question was further down. keep the eyes down. no. that's too low. back up here. thanks.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:38 am

Post by Lycanfire »

hello momo if i can read the thread while delirious and write notes on it you can do a quick skim. see you after my nap!
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:49 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 165, Lycanfire wrote:@2F In 32 you said Magna was scum or could be ignored, by post 40 you said they were either town or scum, and in either case could be ignored. By 35 I get the impression you thought they were more town than not, and you were fast to say you would simply ignore them over work with them. Why?
I'm more curious why you're asking a question where the answer is 1. Obvious and 2. Already been answers if you read my posts.

In post 24 I called out magna vote as shitty, because it was a terrible reason to vote somebody. He's making an assumption that doesn't make sense given what's been posted. If magna was town he should have asked more questions first instead of assuming. So based on magna's vote and reason for it he is either scum or somebody who isn't acting like a townie trying to figure things out so his opinions can be ignored.

In post 40, I'm responding to magnas 39 which was responding to my 35. Magna made an assumption without asking clarifying questions. I interpret that as grasping at straws. If magna is town, he's continuing this grasping and think it's productive. Typically town doesn't have to grasp, scum does. So he's scum or town grasping. If he's town again his opinions can be ignored cause he isn't being productive.

35 - I don't give off the impression I think he's town. If you interpreted that way I'm sorry.

Magna is scum. Pretty obviously so at this point. His posts and thought process aren't ones that make any sense from a town pov.

This all started because Matt didn't think it was a good idea to pressure key. I actually agree with Matt. The assumption magna made without any sort of questioning to me was a blantabt attempt to attack a player for something that on the surface may seem scummy to some, but in reality isn't at all. Typically scum make those attacks. Sometimes bad town players do also. I am familiar enough with magna to know he's not a bad player.

Vote magna please.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:58 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 165, Lycanfire wrote:I only agree with Magna that Matt's post 18 was awful,
Should have read this first. You and I aren't going to get along this game at all.

Where are the smart players? We have to have some in this game. If I'm the only one I'm going to get really frustrated
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:07 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

So I’m wondering where Matt went … he did post elsewhere on site yesterday but not here. Need content from that slot since he’s basically done nothing.

--
In post 165, Lycanfire wrote:@Magna 2F's interactions have been pretty suspect. What would be your top pick for a scum partner of 2F?
My top scum pick besides TwoFace is your slot which you should have picked up on that based on your re-read. That’s of course independent of partnership concerns which pre-flip I don’t think make too much sense. I’ll get a better read on you I think in the coming days.

Here’s my wagon –
In post 163, Human Sequencer wrote:MagnaofIllusion: Elena Fisher, mattblackguy, TwoFace, BlueBloodedToffee, Cooperative Sheep
Maybe there is two scum there maybe not. Elena has posted really nothing alignment indicative and BBT is playing as I expect – to not make any waves which is regardless of his alignment. He lives too long and never finds scum and BoP is biting him in the ass so I’m not even bothering trying to sort him as of now.

Matt makes the most sense as a partner on wagon given that TwoFace started effectively chainsawing for him the second I voted and pushed Matt. But that’s basically between himself and Sheep. It would not shock me if either BBT or Elena were scum. So no strong read there.

Off the wagon Boon and Momo are complete empty slots and no way to judge them. And nothing about the way Grey, Key and Jaack have approached my wagon is super telling either. Roll the dice? Maybe Key with the way it looks like he’s trying to softly reign in TwoFace. Not really solid but best I have for page 7.
In post 163, Human Sequencer wrote:MagnaofIllusion: Elena Fisher, mattblackguy, TwoFace, BlueBloodedToffee, Cooperative Sheep
You find it amusing? I find it blacklist worthy …

--
In post 136, TwoFace wrote:Town talk about bad wagons all the time, even as early as page 1/2. It's a crap reason to push on and you are experienced enough to know that. So you acting like you don't know that is why you need rope. You are near confirmed scum to me now.
No … not really. Matt talked about how a wagon on Keyen could not possibly be useful based on a 1 game meta read while Key had exactly 2 votes. That’s not a wagon. I’ve already discussed how there was every possibility that a wagon on Key might have provided useful information.

What’s his Town motivation to try to pre-emptively derail a possible RVS wagon (which rarely go to lynch since most reasonable people know it is just for reactions) that might yield alignment information on Keyen on such weak reasoning? I’ve yet to see you provide that.

I mean it’s pretty clear from this post and show that TwoFace isn’t actually processing the game from a Town perspective but is basically looking at every angle to say “MoI is scum lynch lynch lynch” with no substance or thoughtfulness to why. Just empty rhetoric like “He can’t be Town / He’s 100% being lynched today” with a touch of unwarranted insults. Basically a knock-off of Radiant Cowbells (who is himself a pale imitation of Fate) without any accomplishment to support the ego.

Further the fact that he’s not even looking at anyone else as scum is a sign this isn’t a Town push. In fact he’s gone so far as to say that me having multiple scum reads (with his “threw away that” line which is nonsensical because having multiple scum reads and only 1 vote means putting pressure on multiple players requires vote movement) is more evidence I’m scum.
In post 143, TwoFace wrote:It's not willingness to die. It's not being afraid of it.
A false conclusion since I’m not worried about being lynched.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:11 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 173, MagnaofIllusion wrote:My top scum pick besides TwoFace i
WAIT, Why isn't matt a scum read anymore?

You're still arguing his push was bad yet me and Lycan are your top scumnreads?

lol

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”