Micro 687: Vanilluxe Mafia - Mafia Victory!!!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Pagetop!

I've Modkilled for less you know! :P
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1020, Eddie Cane wrote:not even on a game level, that's just a crock of shit. I can't actually believe someone believes this.
not even on a game level? What does that mean?

also S_S do you have a response to my post about Fro99er?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also so now SBF and Eddie have eachother both as "utterly" or "painfully" "obvious" town. I don't really think either of those reads is believable. I'm not convinced it's a S-S interaction since one of them as scum could be doing it for WIFOM on a townie (Eddie in particular looks more guilty of this than SBF), but it's definitely weird.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 2.3
Lowell
(1): Soblev Space
TTTT
(1): SweetBlueFlowers
Fro99er
(1): TTTT
Eddie Cane
(1): GuiltyLion

Not Voting
(3): Lowell, Fro99er , Eddie Cane

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
Day two ends March 4th at 1pm EST, or in (expired on 2017-03-20 14:00:00)

Mod Notes:
Eddie Cane is V/LA until Saturday May 25th
Lowell is being prodded
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:31 pm

Post by Lowell »

Goddam it, prodded.

The TTTT case looks bogus. And I'm not just saying that because he townreads me. Or maybe I am. Shit. Either way, not buying.

Also the eddie case does nothing for me.

I swear on all that is holy that eventually I will show up with a real case instead of hating on other peoples' cases. But that day is not today.

VOTE: frogger

Let's try this.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Wedding anniversary was today. I'll post in the morning
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:53 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

@GL - agreed with most of your post on Frogger. Nothing really to point out.

This setup disincentivizes bussing a lot so I'm trying to break down everyone's strong or unexplained TRs.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:18 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1017, TTTT wrote:
In post 1004, Eddie Cane wrote: he tunneled bella, for like, a long time
In post 1004, Eddie Cane wrote: tttt did ask questions but his overall d1 presence was pretty low and non commital.
"tunneled bella"
"non commital"
choose one
tunneled bella
non commital to everything else
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:34 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1024, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 1022, Eddie Cane wrote:I'd policy lynch Eddie Cane right now in all honesty I hate quitters, but if you don't I'm cool to flip any of tttt/gl/frogger/ss.
I'd rather not the latter.
Can you clarify this?

Also if you're not feeling the game you should probably replace out. Advocating your own lynch is rarely pro-town.
I scumread you less than the other 3 now. this is a bit of a change from d1 but the other 3 are more likely to flip scum now imo. last time I posted reasons they were called fake so might as well leave that naked.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:36 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

mfw I say I'm resigned and thread dies

e p I c
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:46 am

Post by TTTT »

I have no reads strong enough
to motivate me to push
or townbloc.
kinda bored
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:48 am

Post by TTTT »

Should we be no-lynching today?
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:48 am

Post by TTTT »

Nevermind that's stupid.
It would be 4v2 day3 with 4 votes to lynch.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Yea in this setup we should never no lynch right?
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Anyway it doesn't look like a ton is happening. I think its cuz bork died.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

no lynch isn't necessarily BAD because it leaves 4v2 aka 6 ppl and town statistically does better with even numbers iirc, but it's pointless because scum can just no kill if they want to.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Check the setup Eddie scum can't no kill.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

My reasoning is if we lynch scum today then great, if we lynch town today we're still better than no lynch because our lynch tomorrow will decide the game and having the smallest pool of suspects maximizes the chance of hitting scum.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

huh

I still agree lynching is best due to d3 mechanics forgot what game this was. it's actually probably better for 2 scum to be alive than 1 tomorrow. sounds crazy, ik, but like you have 4 people to sort of you're town. it's much easier to hunt for partners out of 4 ppl when you can poe. so I don't really mind being lynched today thinking about it that way, better than nothing.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

I can see what you're saying but I think a 1v4 would be better than having to find a scum tomorrow with mislynch today. Reason is that scum will never bus tomorrow so all 3 townies would have to be together on a lynch which is pretty difficult
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I think it just means that today can flip town or scum with a much smaller disadvantage from a town flip than a d2 micro mislynch would normally have.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Agreed. What did you think of Lowell's last post?
SweetBlueFlowers
SweetBlueFlowers
Goon
SweetBlueFlowers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by SweetBlueFlowers »

Spoiler: News from GL
In post 1005, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 986, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:GL's "I've never been mislynched" is yet another scumclaim. The amount of times Town says this kind of thing? No. GL already knows everyone's alignment and his posts are soaked in it.
holy hell if you're town here I'm going to force feed the crow down your throat as soon as this game ends. The arrogance is so annoying. Why can't town ever say "I don't get mislynched" as town? You're just asserting shit and not backing it up, there's NOTHING scum-indicative about pointing out that I'm hard to lynch as town

also I never said "I've never been mislynched" I said I'm rarely mislynched because YOU said I'm an "easy mislynch". jesus
In post 986, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:Lowell and Eddie are utterly obvious Town.
Yah why don't you explain this one cause IMO they're the top two candidates for scum.
Framing yourself as a mislynch? Check. Squawking for ego-related reasons for multiple posts? Check.
In post 1007, GuiltyLion wrote:like seriously SBF I want you to take a HARD step back, pretend for a second that I'm conf-town, and then break down for me exactly why this doesn't look exactly like the kind of fake-read that scum gives
Bad =! scum.
In post 1008, GuiltyLion wrote:okay on Fro99er vs. TTTT,

I think this is a TvT. TTTT makes a decent point about Fro99er making a big deal out of his experience with Bella and then not going anywhere with it but I think Fro99er's explanation is valid, Bella really didn't give anyone to work with because she kinda sat back and then didn't play the second half of the game. Meanwhile, @Fro99er, I don't really see any scum motivation in TTTT pushing you here, given the wagon and the flip, assuming that TTTT is town, it makes sense to pressure you on your ambivalence about the lynch given you didn't really hop on or show any conviction in a read one way or the other.

anyway I'm like fully on board with Fro99er's thing about regardless of Lowell's alignment, Eddie is scum here. the townread on Lowell is fake fake fake
VOTE: Eddie Cane
Framing a partner duelling with Town as TvT? Check.
In post 1009, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1004, Eddie Cane wrote:this annoyed me. but anyways, I don't like his bella push. he tunneled bella, for like, a long time, and other than that his only vote me for what he said in 376 was reaction gauging.
also everyone needs to look at this and ask themselves if TTTT's push on bella was such a big problem for Eddie then why did he not comment on it whatsoever during D1 while it was happening? Like I literally had to poke him multiple times to give his thoughts on the Bella wagon as it was coalescing during the end of D1.
Framing yourself as the good guy? Check. Pot calling kettle? Check.
In post 1011, GuiltyLion wrote:honestly sheep me on this guys, as soon as I set my lens to "what if Eddie his scum" his posts start to
ooze
scummy phrasing and mindset. He's always hedging a little bit on every claim he makes. You can even see it in the last sentence of
Faking conf!bias? Check.
In post 1012, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 977, Eddie Cane wrote:I consider that townie behaviour because there was no reason to wagon frogger,
I was being ignored by just about every other townie
besides bork with his "I think frogger is town please don't ask me why".
also.

in my newbier days I would consider this a scumslip revealing knowledge of a town!Lowell, but I've been burned on that once or twice so I'm just gonna say it reads to me like 70% of a scumslip. Not completely damning but if you squint it looks indicative. would town!Eddie be this subconsciously certain that Lowell is town to the point where he refers to being ignored by "every
other
townie"? There's an implicit assumption here that Lowell is town that I'm not sure would come out written this way if Eddie had no knowledge of alignments ahead of time.
Pushing a scumslip? Check! (By the way, this isn't a perspective slip by any stretch of the imagination.)
In post 1013, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 989, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 986, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:And in all the games I've played with Frog I've gotten a pretty good read on him. If he's scum this game he's got me fooled.
How do you reconcile this with Frogger being in 3/4 of your possible scumteams?
also I just gotta say this is a great question and it's pretty telling that SBF ignored it

I'm here with my possible scumteams, ranked most to least likely

{Eddie, SBF}
{Eddie, Lowell}
{SBF, Lowell}
{Eddie, SS}
Subtly buddying Space? Check. (By the way, you're obviously aware that I'm only prodging—that's right,
I'm a lurker
—given that you've read the post after Space's comment where I say I'm posting purely to break prodge for Eddie, hence your "ignored it" comment is pure slime, not even mentioning that tonally alone it's pure slime.)

So what do we have here from this little section of GL in isolation...

Framing himself as a mislynch? Check.
Squawking for ego-related reasons for multiple posts? Check.
Calling bad!town scum? Check.
Framing a partner duelling with Town as TvT? Check.
Framing himself as the goodguyTM? Check.
Pot calling kettle? Check.
Faking conf!bias? Check.
Pushing a scumslip? Check.
Subtly buddying Space? Check.

Which makes me wonder...
In post 1014, Sobolev Space wrote:I'm liking GL's last few posts a lot.
What in the world do you like about GL's last few posts? Or his ISO
at all
? You keep coming up with broad-sweeping comments like this without actually contributing any solid content to this game and then FoS people for far less. Get your shit together, please.

In post 989, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 986, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:And in all the games I've played with Frog I've gotten a pretty good read on him. If he's scum this game he's got me fooled.
How do you reconcile this with Frogger being in 3/4 of your possible scumteams?
The answer is actually already in my posts, if you look for it. Your interactions with GL have been really messy and if you're scum there are a million arrows pointing towards scum!GL. When it's this obvious, unless you assume that the scumfuck has just played a very bad game, it's generally the case that a partnership there isn't a thing, i.e., the associatives are fake. Hence, I don't believe you and GL are partners. Go through PoE and take into account my hard TRs on Eddie and Low. Who's left? 4T and Frog. 4T is in two of the teams, then there's a third Frog team with you. Why do you think this is? Go back and look at Frog's behavior at EoD yesterday. Frog is being relentlessly antagonstic towards my slot for mostly awful reasons, and because of this I'd consider {Frog, Space} a potential partnership. (I was gunning for you at the time.) See now how I actually already provided the answers, if you'd gone back and tried to follow my PoE logic? There's no {4T, Space} team because you're not scum in my reads and there's been nothing sufficiently exceptional to warrant a double look at the pair.

In post 1020, Eddie Cane wrote:if anybody lynches sbf at any point I'm putting them on my blacklist though, sbf is painfully obvious Town.
Frownie face at the buddying. Now stop feeling sorry for yourself and get your butt back in the game!

And this is what defending looks like: go read . That's called Town synergy, and an emotionally positive response at seeing it. Hard to fake. My feelings about Eddie's play this game tells me that he is not scum faking. Eddie is Town.

And this is what chainsawing looks like: scum absolutely want to break up the Town synergy that Eddie and I have going at the moment. Eddie is a low-hanging fruit. Pushing Eddie here is fundamentally scum motivated and even a cursory glance at the gamestate will trumpet this aloud. GL's scumread of Eddie is b a l o n e y.

Spoiler: @4T
In post 1017, TTTT wrote:
In post 1004, Eddie Cane wrote: he tunneled bella, for like, a long time
In post 1004, Eddie Cane wrote: tttt did ask questions but his overall d1 presence was pretty low and non commital.
"tunneled bella"
"non commital"
choose one
False dichotomy, slimefuck. Your Day 1 presence was an absolute zero and you were on Bella pretty much the whole time for ~reasons~.
In post 1035, TTTT wrote:I have no reads strong enough
to motivate me to push
or townbloc.
kinda bored
In post 1036, TTTT wrote:Should we be no-lynching today?
In post 1037, TTTT wrote:Nevermind that's stupid.
It would be 4v2 day3 with 4 votes to lynch.
#sofake

Spoiler: @Low
In post 1029, Lowell wrote:Goddam it, prodded.

The TTTT case looks bogus. And I'm not just saying that because he townreads me. Or maybe I am. Shit. Either way, not buying.

Also the eddie case does nothing for me.

I swear on all that is holy that eventually I will show up with a real case instead of hating on other peoples' cases. But that day is not today.

VOTE: frogger

Let's try this.
I am curious about this mystery 4T case that looks bogus. Please point me to it. Notice the difference between my prodges and yours? Content. My TR on you is not invincible. Don't test it.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Post by Fro99er »

@Mod VLA through the weekend. Decided to
make a full weekend out of our anniversary.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by TTTT »

I'm lolling at sbf's use of a hashtag in a forum Mafia game
and at the rest of her post, too.