Micro 687: Vanilluxe Mafia - Mafia Victory!!!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:12 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

TTTT you expressed willingness to lynch SBF yesterday. Do you still feel that way?

Also pagetop!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:58 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 2.4
Fro99er
(2): TTTT , Lowell
Lowell
(1): Soblev Space
TTTT
(1): SweetBlueFlowers
Eddie Cane
(1): GuiltyLion

Not Voting
(2): Fro99er , Eddie Cane

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
Day two ends March 4th at 1pm EST, or in (expired on 2017-03-20 14:00:00)

Mod Notes:
Fro99er is V/LA until Monday
Lowell is V/LA until Monday
Sobolev Space is V/LA until Thurdsday
Eddie Cane is V/LA until Saturday May 25th
Last edited by Aristophanes on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:02 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1029, Lowell wrote:Goddam it, prodded.

The TTTT case looks bogus. And I'm not just saying that because he townreads me. Or maybe I am. Shit. Either way, not buying.

Also the eddie case does nothing for me.

I swear on all that is holy that eventually I will show up with a real case instead of hating on other peoples' cases. But that day is not today.

VOTE: frogger

Let's try this.
I don't really understand if he's calling my tttt case bad or scum!TTTT as a whole. There's little tangible content here."this is bad, this is bad, *votes someone unrelated*" it's not like some awful scumslip but definitely not an amazing post
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:14 am

Post by Lowell »

V/LA the rest of teh weekend. Sorry all.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

@mod - V/LA until Thursday 3/16 due to finals.
Will try to post at least once every 24-48 hours but can't make any promises
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:36 am

Post by TTTT »

This game is boring and dead.
I know I'm as much to blame as anybody.
In post 1050, Sobolev Space wrote:TTTT you expressed willingness to lynch SBF yesterday. Do you still feel that way?
Not as much now.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:19 am

Post by Lowell »

Let's powerwagon someone.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:28 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1047, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:Frownie face at the buddying. Now stop feeling sorry for yourself and get your butt back in the game!

And this is what defending looks like: go read 988. That's called Town synergy, and an emotionally positive response at seeing it. Hard to fake. My feelings about Eddie's play this game tells me that he is not scum faking. Eddie is Town.
Posting "omg the synergy" is hard to fake? Seriously? It looks a lot to me like you're getting suckered by Eddie here. I tried to get you to consider the fact that I'm town and look at how fake his TR on Lowell is, and you just brush it off with "bad != scum". I really think you're coasting/conf-biasing on your tunnel on me and not looking at Eddie with fresh eyes.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:02 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

@TTTT/@Lowell/@Sobolev - I'm serious can you please look at Eddie in ISO because I am more and more convinced he is scum
In post 280, Eddie Cane wrote:sbf has done nothing and it's 12 pages in. is that normal for her? we've never played before.

tttt is actually sketching me out now. his iso is pretty barren, he asks me a question, throw out some naked reads, votes me for undisclosed reasons. more of a null than town.

Lowell is iffy too. I feel like he's definitely experienced enough to appear townie and make fake reasoning if he wants, so I don't scumread him for seemingly baseless things. I don't get the bella vote though. null.

frogger is scummy, his push on me is fucking terrible. good justification such as 104 and 276. scum lean.

bork is obvtown. I justified it a bit much earlier but now I think everyone is townreading him so no point writing an essay.

holding back gl Sobolev and Bella for now.
this is the first reads post he gives, it's basically a shotgun of shade everywhere but with the easy "bork is obvtown" read. Like this is exactly the kind of vague readslist scum like to post that doesn't really do anything but looks busy and looks like you're doing your homework.
In post 420, Eddie Cane wrote:this is about where I'm at rn, towniest top scummiest bottom

bork

sbf (came back from being idle with a vengeance)

bella

Lowell

GuiltyLion
tttt

frogger
sobolev

nobody has stuck out as super scummy to me which is strange. I'm locking bork as town so if he's scum he should keep me around for an easy lylo win. I'm going to go back and review isos tomorrow when I have time. particularly, I want to look at Lowell (who everyone is scum reading but I'm not buying), and frogger/bella interactions. I'll probably also cross check some bella stuff. I do not like how frequently frogger speaks to bella, especially since I regard her as fairly townie. I definitely have to analyze tomorrow when I'm less tired, because there's nobody I scum read enough to want to vote and that is
really
weird for me.
Here "nobody has stuck out as super scummy" despite him calling fro99er scummy in the prior reads post. Hesitation everywhere and "future work" that he's going to do.
In post 447, Eddie Cane wrote:firstly; I don't like your posting activity straight up. you come, spam some posts, disappear for a while. I get being busy irl isn't scum indicative but your post timing is just extremely inconsistent and it bothers me. just a gut level thing, but it's there and bothering me.

your interactions with bella are a HUGE amount of your posting and don't really amount to much. a seemingly strong scum read (140 for example) turns into a soft town read? dunno, it's definitely conceivable your read could change but your bella interactions are started by you for the most part and just so much of your posting. almost looks like it was intended to warm up to her and buddy her later on as seen in the beginning of 276 (really awkward wording) and 388.

that's a lot of wifom. but on the topic of wifom, I still think your wifom based argument on me was trash - my "callout" of you for your self wifom. we've gone over that and you had examples but I didn't exactly whip out a pitchfork and torch over it so I still don't like it.

your posting just really bothers me. 391 bothers me, 393 is reaching, 395 is misrepresenting (I did not say joking = scum... and joking is scummy if it takes away from the conversation away and brings the thread on an unhelpful tangent but that's off topic, and 405 just kinda seems off to me, as if it's intention was town cred, 406 does not bode well with me either and that tone seems like a form of ate in an indirect way (I can explain that if it doesn't make sense in that wording), and of course, 438.

There's no super strong solve here. frogger has ~decently~ constructive posts overall. however, noticing timestamps, it is weaker, and it all feels off to me. I've already said I have no super strong scum read, so I guess you're now my strongest as you look worse than Sobolev to me after reviewing.

Nothing in this case is indicative and Eddie knows it.
In post 987, Eddie Cane wrote:here's where I'm at

I don't intend to lynch sbf

I probably won't lynch Lowell either though this is dependant on his d2 catchup

frogger was my lock scum read but I've liked his posts do far d2 other than the one directed at me and more importantly I can appreciate bork's 882/883 and respect frogger being his strongest town read. that same line of logic gave me a little doubt of Lowell but not enough to outweigh my tr.

thst leaves scum in Sobolev, gl, tttt, frogger. still need to sort that more closely. gonna look at interactions between them when I have time and see if any obvious partners or impossible pairs pop out at me a bit later, that's something I've used in micros before when I have a smaller lynch pool (finding partners is different from finding a team of 3+). I doubt it'll turn up anything good but you never know.
And here are the D2 reads? Still putting Sobolev in a null pile, still no conviction in his fro99er scumread. Also remember that Eddie didn't comment or engage with the Bella wagon substantively at all yesterday. Also in many many posts he's hedging or jumping in on theory talk, when you read the ISO in total you can see how he's avoiding battles. He's coasting, his read progression doesn't seem organic or transparent. He's scum.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:32 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

@GL - I'll review Eddie's ISO after my econ final on Tuesday. I had a prior TR on him and liked his interactions with the Bella wagon but I can see what you're saying with the above quotes to an extent.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:15 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

VOTE: eddie

idc
SweetBlueFlowers
SweetBlueFlowers
Goon
SweetBlueFlowers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by SweetBlueFlowers »

If GL is Town and Eddie is scum then Space is scum.

I could explain the logic but I can't be bothered.

I'm not voting Eddie.

VOTE: Space

Tired of this slot being cutesy and shopping for lynches.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:48 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 1061, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:I could explain the logic but I can't be bothered.
I'd like you to
like if you are town and NK'd it might be nice to know
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:00 am

Post by TTTT »

VOTE: eddie
L-1

there's no danger of a scum quick-hammer here
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:03 am

Post by Fro99er »

Back from anniversary VLA. I'll read through in a bit
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:15 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

:)
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:49 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1027, GuiltyLion wrote:also so now SBF and Eddie have eachother both as "utterly" or "painfully" "obvious" town. I don't really think either of those reads is believable. I'm not convinced it's a S-S interaction since one of them as scum could be doing it for WIFOM on a townie (Eddie in particular looks more guilty of this than SBF), but it's definitely weird.
I was getting the same thing too. And if Eddie flips scum I kinda think that clears SBF by the way he keeps saying this, and how he'd blacklist anyone who lynches her etc.

I really don't think he does that to a partner, but I've never seen him play so IDK for sure.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:52 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1033, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1024, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 1022, Eddie Cane wrote:I'd policy lynch Eddie Cane right now in all honesty I hate quitters, but if you don't I'm cool to flip any of tttt/gl/frogger/ss.
I'd rather not the latter.
Can you clarify this?

Also if you're not feeling the game you should probably replace out. Advocating your own lynch is rarely pro-town.
I scumread you less than the other 3 now. this is a bit of a change from d1 but the other 3 are more likely to flip scum now imo. last time I posted reasons they were called fake so might as well leave that naked.
Why do you scumread SS less now than you did before?
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:59 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1047, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:
Spoiler: News from GL
In post 1020, Eddie Cane wrote:if anybody lynches sbf at any point I'm putting them on my blacklist though, sbf is painfully obvious Town.
Frownie face at the buddying. Now stop feeling sorry for yourself and get your butt back in the game!

And this is what defending looks like: go read . That's called Town synergy, and an emotionally positive response at seeing it. Hard to fake. My feelings about Eddie's play this game tells me that he is not scum faking. Eddie is Town.

And this is what chainsawing looks like: scum absolutely want to break up the Town synergy that Eddie and I have going at the moment. Eddie is a low-hanging fruit. Pushing Eddie here is fundamentally scum motivated and even a cursory glance at the gamestate will trumpet this aloud. GL's scumread of Eddie is b a l o n e y.
Maybe it was my time on VLA, but I still don't know why you're townreading Eddie. What are the reasons again? Aside from this town synergy stuff?
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:01 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1047, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:I am curious about this mystery 4T case that looks bogus. Please point me to it. Notice the difference between my prodges and yours? Content. My TR on you is not invincible. Don't test it.
I actually think this is pretty town.

That's legit frustration at Lowell saying the 4T case is bogus but then not actually doing anything to show why.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:03 am

Post by Fro99er »

SBF -- is your Eddie town read invincible?

Because you just frown face at the buddying by Eddie then move on. It didn't feel like you were actually annoyed with the buddying by Eddie, but the Lowell frustration seems legit.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:05 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1052, Eddie Cane wrote:

The TTTT case looks bogus. And I'm not just saying that because he townreads me. Or maybe I am. Shit. Either way, not buying.

I swear on all that is holy that eventually I will show up with a real case instead of hating on other peoples' cases. But that day is not today.

Let's try this.
I don't really understand if he's calling my tttt case bad or scum!TTTT as a whole. There's little tangible content here."this is bad, this is bad, *votes someone unrelated*" it's not like some awful scumslip but definitely not an amazing post
Looks like you know you're getting lynched and you're looking for a reason to scumread Lowell.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:07 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1052, Eddie Cane wrote:

Let's try this.
There's no attempt here to sort Lowell. Just saying it's meh. Why not push Lowell on aspects of his post that you didn't like? There's zero effort here to engage Lowell other than say "this post was meh"
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:08 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1056, Lowell wrote:Let's powerwagon someone.
says the guy who just vote parks on me and makes no effort to actually get town to lynch me.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:09 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1059, Sobolev Space wrote:@GL - I'll review Eddie's ISO after my econ final on Tuesday. I had a prior TR on him and liked his interactions with the Bella wagon but I can see what you're saying with the above quotes to an extent.
What did you like about his interaction with the Bella wagon?
Heil King Froggo.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”