Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:08 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Pagetop 100 bitches!
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:25 am

Post by Annadog40 »

In post 2470, Accountant wrote:
In post 2468, Shaziro wrote:Alcohol
Contrary to popular belief, ingesting alcohol does not cause you to turn evil.
Drunk drivers wouldn't kill people without achohal.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:16 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 2475, Not_Mafia wrote:Pagetop 100 bitches!
reported
after a wank.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:50 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 2476, Annadog40 wrote:
In post 2470, Accountant wrote:
In post 2468, Shaziro wrote:Alcohol
Contrary to popular belief, ingesting alcohol does not cause you to turn evil.
Drunk drivers wouldn't kill people without achohal.
also people tend to be much more confrontational and willing to engage in reckless activity while drunk.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:11 am

Post by Accountant »

Is that the fault of the alcohol or the person?

Well, it doesn't matter. If there is enough evidence to show alcohol's dangerousness, then we can just ban it.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:14 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 2479, Accountant wrote:
Is that the fault of the alcohol or the person?

Well, it doesn't matter. If there is enough evidence to show alcohol's dangerousness, then we can just ban it.
United States tried that. Learn your history, or you are doomed to repeat it.
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:16 am

Post by Annadog40 »

But this is utopia totally diff.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:27 am

Post by Accountant »

Yes, what Anna said. Can't have underground moonshine producers if all the producers are re-educated to obey the law and there is no underground because all rhe darkness has been cast away into daylight.

The US prohibition failed as it led to an increase in organized crime. This is not applicable to the US. It boosted corruption rates as people bribed federal officials. This is not applicable. It deprived the government of tax revenue. Also not applicable. Many of the things that went wrong with the US version are things that the utopia is immune to.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:27 am

Post by Accountant »

Perhaps more importantly, the US Prohibition was conducted without the benefit of the guidance of the correct path.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:32 am

Post by Shaziro »

The same issues with banning alcohol will present themselves with re-education. You are not learning from history.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:33 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 2484, Shaziro wrote:The same issues with banning alcohol will present themselves with re-education. You are not learning from history.
Like what?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:34 am

Post by Accountant »

Anyway, what you're saying is wrong. The lessons of history don't apply to me because I'm right. It's like in the books. The bad guy monologues at the captured good guy, the good guy frees himself and defeats the bad guy. The good guy monologues at the captured bad guy, nothing happens. It's a completely different situation due to the fact that the good guy is righteous.

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:51 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 2486, Accountant wrote:Anyway, what you're saying is wrong. The lessons of history don't apply to me because I'm right. It's like in the books. The bad guy monologues at the captured good guy, the good guy frees himself and defeats the bad guy. The good guy monologues at the captured bad guy, nothing happens. It's a completely different situation due to the fact that the good guy is righteous.
said every person in history ever

you wont be any different

actually you will in that your ideas probably wont come to fruition
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:59 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 2487, Sesq wrote:
In post 2486, Accountant wrote:Anyway, what you're saying is wrong. The lessons of history don't apply to me because I'm right. It's like in the books. The bad guy monologues at the captured good guy, the good guy frees himself and defeats the bad guy. The good guy monologues at the captured bad guy, nothing happens. It's a completely different situation due to the fact that the good guy is righteous.
said every person in history ever

actually you will in that your ideas probably wont come to fruition
What she said. The bad guy always believes they're the hero of the story. Congratulations, Accountant. You're the bad guy.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:03 am

Post by Accountant »

You're in denial, the two of you. You can't compare a protagonist to an NPC or extra.

Also, there's no way I'm the bad guy. First of all, I'm morally righteous, and the bad guy is evil. I do good things, while the bad guy does evil things.

In other words, if we say that both bad guys and heroes believe themselves to be heroes, then the belief in being a hero is NAI; you have to look at the actions, and as my actions are thoroughly in line with the very thing that defines good, the correct path, there's no doubt that I must be the good guy. An orc would think he was on the right side of Middle-Earth, and so thinking you're right doesn't make you right. But if you feel your ears and realize you have elf ears, or if you feel your feet and realize you have Hobbit feet, then you are undoubtedly a good person.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:04 am

Post by Accountant »

Also, my ideas will definitely come to fruition. Do you have an argument against the chain of logic I proposed as to why it's inevitable they will?

Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:06 am

nope, the good guy monologues and then the bad guy reveals his secret plan that works regardless or even dependent on his capture.
you suck randomidget
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:08 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 2487, Sesq wrote:said every person in history ever

I already am. Many heroes may face the dragon. They all die. I say "I will slay the dragon." You say "Others said so too, and they died. You won't be any different." That is when I reveal that I have the blessing of righteousness conferred upon me by the correct path that all others before me lacked - for none of those people you alluded to have been morally righteous until now. This is the blessing that serves as an aegis from the dragon's flames; no, it is even better. It is like a prophecy of the Gods saying "you, as the chosen hero, will certainly defeat the dragon".

You claim the dragon will never be defeated, but I tell you that it is already defeated, it was defeated ever since the prophecy was created. Now I am just "formalizing the causal aspect of the dragon's defeat". Reshaping the world to the correct path is as tedious a chore as counting the votes of a rigged election; I already know the outcome, and so you speculating on the outcome is meaningless.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:12 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 2491, Randomnamechange wrote:nope, the good guy monologues and then the bad guy reveals his secret plan that works regardless or even dependent on his capture.
In this case, it is more like the good guy re-educating tbe bad guy into being good, creating a happy ending. If you watched Spiderman 2, Spiderman did this with Doctor Octopus. It was the first time in my life that I felt touched by such a normally shallow superhero movie, because it answered an important question, which was later formally posed to me later(in the unexpected form of a visual novel).

Suppose a bank robber has taken 5 hostages. The hero wishes to save everyone. Thus, he defeats the robber and saves the hostages. The hero has failed to save everyone, for the robber is now defeated and will die or go to jail. The only way to preserve a true happy ending is to re-educate the robber. That's why it's obvious to me that re-education is the only path.

This is yet another proof that I am a good person. You can only redeem evil if you are good yourself.

Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:15 am

what if re educating is unavailable due to the person refusing to accept the one true path?
you suck randomidget
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:19 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 2494, Randomnamechange wrote:what if re educating is unavailable due to the person refusing to accept the one true path?
A couple of options are available here.

1) Re-educate harder. There are very few humans that can withstand a limitless amount of mental, social and psychological pressure to change. Social pressure here is key - imagine if you passed a homeless person with your friends and they all dropped money into the tin, you would too right? It's almost an automatic action due to the social mechanisms of humans.

2) Execution. This is a sad outcome, and it means we can't save everyone. I will sigh if I am forced to do this, but to be absolutely fair it's due to their own stubbornness.

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:20 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 2489, Accountant wrote:You're in denial, the two of you. You can't compare a protagonist to an NPC or extra.

Also, there's no way I'm the bad guy. First of all, I'm morally righteous, and the bad guy is evil. I do good things, while the bad guy does evil things.

In other words, if we say that both bad guys and heroes believe themselves to be heroes, then the belief in being a hero is NAI; you have to look at the actions, and as my actions are thoroughly in line with the very thing that defines good, the correct path, there's no doubt that I must be the good guy. An orc would think he was on the right side of Middle-Earth, and so thinking you're right doesn't make you right. But if you feel your ears and realize you have elf ears, or if you feel your feet and realize you have Hobbit feet, then you are undoubtedly a good person.
you seem to have no idea what perspective is
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:21 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 2490, Accountant wrote:Also, my ideas will definitely come to fruition. Do you have an argument against the chain of logic I proposed as to why it's inevitable they will?
the only reason you've provided is that if humanity will go on forever every possible thing by humanity will be done

but we aren't infinite
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:21 am

Post by Annadog40 »

In post 2495, Accountant wrote:There are very few humans that can withstand a limitless amount of mental, social and psychological pressure to change.
Do you think you could?
This is my life now

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:22 am

Post by Accountant »

Well, more esoteric manners of re-education might come up as we develop the technology, like uploading the brain into a machine, turning it into lines of code, then manually reprogramming the code or something weird like that. I'm not even sure if that is possible, but it is just an example.

Return to “General Discussion”