Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:06 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 2561, Accountant wrote: Let me instruct you on the absolute truth of the world. Reality has already been shaped to the correct path. I have already proven my moral righteousness - this is nothing but "waiting for the paperwork to go through", for reality to perform the tedious task I have assigned it and change itself in accordance to the pattern that has already been established.
In this post, you suggest that -you- assigned reality a task.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:50 am

Post by Accountant »

Yes, I did - the task is to "change to create utopia".
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:00 am

Post by Shaziro »

But that change requires things to happen naturally. So it isn't a change at all. It's the equivalent of you giving an ice cube the task to melt, but that melting requiring the normal amount of time and for it to be hotter than freezing temperature. "I told it to happen, but of course it has to go through the natural process of it". You aren't changing anything.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:21 am

Post by Accountant »

What are you talking about? I just melted the ice cube. That's considered a change.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:21 am

Post by Shaziro »

But -you- didn't do it. It would have melted whether or not you wanted it to, given the situation it was in. You did not cause the change. You did not set it about the task of melting.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:23 am

Post by Accountant »

There's no difference between the two situations. Either way, you have a melted ice cube, so they can be used completely interchangeably.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:26 am

Post by Shaziro »

No, they can't. That's like me saying I'm making you breathe right now.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:28 am

Post by Accountant »

You aren't making me breathe, because you have no connection with me breathing. I have a connection with the correct path - the correct path changes the world. If you have a connection with the sun that melts the ice cube, you can claim credit for the ice cube(for instance, say there is a person with the ability to make a fireball hover in midair, and the fireball melts the ice cube - that ice cube was melted by that peson).

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:29 am

Post by Shaziro »

I do have a connection with you breathing. I play Mafia on Mafiascum. So do you. You are the one who's brain causes you to breathe. Look at that, a connection.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:46 am

Post by Accountant »

That's not a connection, just a coincidence or correlation.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:54 am

Post by Shaziro »

You also can't prove I have no connection to your breathing.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:09 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

I'm going to be that guy.

Quantum Entanglement.

anddddddd go!
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:14 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 2610, Shaziro wrote:You also can't prove I have no connection to your breathing.
The person who makes the claim has to prove it.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:19 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 2612, Accountant wrote:
In post 2610, Shaziro wrote:You also can't prove I have no connection to your breathing.
The person who makes the claim has to prove it.
Prove the correct path is correct. Prove you are connected to it. Prove it is changing anything. Prove you can assign tasks to reality. Prove you are above reality in such a way that saying something doesn't mean you said something.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:33 am

Post by Accountant »

1) Self-evident.
2) I follow it.
3) it has the highest authority.
4) I am connected to the correct path.
5) What does this mean? I never claimed this.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:35 am

Post by Shaziro »

I can call something correct without it being correct. You could be too. Prove that the path you call the correct path is correct. Prove it has the highest authority. Prove that being connected to it somehow changes your connection to reality.

Also, yes, you claimed that you saying you are god doesn't mean you said you are god.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:07 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 2553, Accountant wrote:
In post 2550, Sesq wrote:which supports my argument even more, because this correct path is really just your ideas of which you pretend have universal backup when in reality there is no subjective reality and the universe doesnt care
The universe doesn't care, but the correct path, which is above the universe, does.
nothing can be above the universe, nor can the universe really be above anything. its just reality's tupperware container. just making postmodernist assertions doesnt give your argument weight
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:07 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 2554, Accountant wrote:
In post 2550, Sesq wrote:you also have a bad habit of treating the correct path like anything more than just a collection of ideals. it can't do anything, its ideas. those whomst act on it do, and according to yourself you dont plan to act on those desires soooo
The correct path is akin to the author of a story. JK Rowling doesn't have any direct impact on the Harry Potter universe - she doesn't show up in person and cast spells. But it is because of Rowling that Voldemort's defeat is inevitable.
this doesnt really make any sense

elaborate
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:08 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 2555, Accountant wrote:
In post 2550, Sesq wrote:you've changed your mind in the past why should we trust you not to change your ideas now

you havent proven anything has changed
Because last time I was wrong and now I'm 100% correct. Last time, I didn't even have the backing of the correct path.

But it's easy to resolve this. http://predictionbook.com/predictions/181641 Technically the prediction is forever, but the site requires me to set an end date, so I chose 50 years - if, before that time, I change my views about utopia, you may be proven correct about this.
but the thing is, beforehand you also thought you were 100% correct. This time you're just projecting your ideals to a greater scale than they actually are and nothing else.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:08 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 2556, Accountant wrote:
In post 2550, Sesq wrote:but it should be self-evident - ACTUALLY self-evident - that your meanindrous fantasies arent automatically going to fit the real world, and no, you just can't impose it onto reality.
It's not. This is an evidenceless statement. The correct path will impose itself on reality because it has the authority to command reality to bend to accomodate it.
you need to back that up
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:46 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I just realized Accountant is like the child of Plato (His "ideals are reality" mindset) and Hobbes (We have no rights given to us naturally, we give up rights to our government in exchange for our lives, and all laws are just by definition because just is defined by the ruler / state.)
I prefer they, thanks :)
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2538, Accountant wrote: Why, even a mere follower of the correct path like me can be assured that I will not become corrupt. I don't even hold a candle to the sheer, all-consuming righteousness of the dictator.
In post 2544, Accountant wrote:
In post 2540, Sesq wrote:this righteous dictator person is a fantasy

bring them to me if they exist
2) I'm right here, and I'm righteous enough to avoid being corrupted by absolute power. That should prove it to you.
um
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

ie. I'm incorruptible, and the dictator is way more righteous than me, so the dictator is incorruptible. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2616, Sesq wrote:nothing can be above the universe, nor can the universe really be above anything. its just reality's tupperware container. just making postmodernist assertions doesnt give your argument weight
Yes, and the correct path has a higher level of authority than a dumb tupperware container.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:41 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2615, Shaziro wrote:I can call something correct without it being correct. You could be too. Prove that the path you call the correct path is correct. Prove it has the highest authority. Prove that being connected to it somehow changes your connection to reality.

Also, yes, you claimed that you saying you are god doesn't mean you said you are god
I never claimed that, because I never claimed I was God in the first place.

Also, since I know I'm right, I don't need proof. Proof is for people like you. For a righteous person with convictions, it is unecessary.

Return to “General Discussion”