Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:26 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2649, Sesq wrote:you have to like

back that up
>tfw I don't
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:29 pm

Post by Sesq »

except you do

your entire premise depends on that being backed up
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:36 pm

Post by Davsto »

how to remove threads from my egosearch
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:36 pm

Post by Davsto »

Oh sorry I thought this was Google
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:52 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Accountant, I know that you are wrong. I know it for a fact, 100%. I am convicted in this knowledge.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:04 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2654, Shaziro wrote:Accountant, I know that you are wrong. I know it for a fact, 100%. I am convicted in this knowledge.
Too bad you're wrong.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:05 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2651, Sesq wrote:except you do

your entire premise depends on that being backed up
I don't have to back up statements for them to be true...

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:12 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 2655, Accountant wrote:
In post 2654, Shaziro wrote:Accountant, I know that you are wrong. I know it for a fact, 100%. I am convicted in this knowledge.
Too bad you're wrong.
I believe I am right, therefore I cannot be wrong.
XRZ
XRZ
Watcher
XRZ
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:27 pm

Post by XRZ »

Not gonna lie, this "correct path" is pretty bogus. Suppose it does exist: there are only two options, one being that it is conscious and one that it is unconscious. Since it is common knowledge that a conscious entity has more potential than an unconscious one, in the case that it is unconscious it could not make sense if you claim it to be higher than the universe, since the universe contains consciousness inside of it. In the case that it is conscious, you would in turn be accepting that said consciousness must be linked to the universe is some way in order for it to interact with it, even if it was completely unrestricted and limitless within said universe. A path is a motion forward, so we can agree that there is motion from this thing in a direction. You claim that you can do nothing to change it and are a mere advocate, but at the same time claim that it cannot happen until you do it. Don't get me wrong: a world like that can exist, but not in a world where it is conscious. That means both of your options are cut off from the start.

What's more interesting about this theory is that you have used a wall of defense I like to call the "Knowledge Wall" to deflect many, MANY times. This is a grievous misuse of truth. Just because you don't need to defend something which is true(presumably because it will speak for itself in our reality) doesn't mean that you can ignore reasoning and understanding why that thing is true. Knowing the answer to a mathematics problem means nothing if you do not know how you got there, in fact the answer is irrelevant because if you know the procedure you can acquire the answer at any point in time. You continuously use that as a scapegoat, which leads me to believe that you don't even understand what you are saying and are blindly following it. A most notable rule about thinking is that when you say something but don't understand it, what you are saying is wrong. Even if it was right said by another person.

Shaziro, this is a tier 3 circular logic that you are failing to defeat. Had you embraced his idea instead of constantly treating it as an obstacle to overcome, you would have been able to tear it to shreds immediately. You need to learn what the value in talking to other people is.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:28 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2657, Shaziro wrote:
In post 2655, Accountant wrote:
Too bad you're wrong.
I believe I am right, therefore I cannot be wrong.
I agree that you believe that you are right, but the correct path disagrees, and I care about it more than I care about your feelings.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:11 am

Post by Shaziro »

"If you walk down the path that you believe is right, you cannot be wrong". Your path ain't right, and I can't be wrong about that.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:35 am

Post by Davsto »

shaziro accountant has literally said before that the quote is not one that they fully agree with, even if they appreciate the idea

this is just getting asinine tbh, do you have nothing better to do than to argue with them? It's all I ever see you do and frankly it's exhausting.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:46 am

Post by Shaziro »

I've been working at being better about keeping arguments with Accountant about the stuff this thread is for in this thread, but it's interesting to me to argue about. As for the quote, I'd not heard Accountant say that, and assumed if it was something they felt like putting in their sig it was something they felt was true, my mistake. I do plenty other than argue with Accountant, though.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:57 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2622, Accountant wrote:
ie. I'm incorruptible, and the dictator is way more righteous than me, so the dictator is incorruptible. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
The entire point is that the level of possible corruption correlates to the level of power held by an individual, so your comparison is useless.

The only way that would have any chance of working is if the one in power at any one time has the exact set of opinions that benefits everybody at any one time (since the only way one can become corrupt is by being able to change how they think) and changing that out when the optimal thoughts do.

But in that case, it would require free will, which would contradict your philosophy since free will means corruption as the level of power one has creates a correlated level of corruption.

And if they don't actually have that much power, then they cannot become corrupt, but they also have no reason to exist either.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:59 am

Post by Accountant »

Davsto has "dammit davsto" in his sig, but I'm sure he doesn't literally want to damn himself. That said! Let me clarify my stance.

The quote is from an anime known as Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works. In it, the main character, Emiya Shirou, says those lines. Here is the thing. F/sn is one of the best anime of all time. It has many insightful quotes and stuff that makes me really nod my head in agreement - I liked it so much because a lot of key points within the anime reflect my philosophy exactly, or at an angle that's really interesting. I felt that those lines reflected Shirou's personality more than other lines that I agreed with more, which is why I put it in my sig.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:01 am

Post by Shaziro »

Assumedly, dav has "damnit davsto" in his sig because he thinks it's a funny reaction to his attitude or the way he acts, or prides himself on that. Either way, fair 'nuff!
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:03 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 2663, Ankamius wrote:The entire point is that the level of possible corruption correlates to the level of power held by an individual, so your comparison is useless.
I mean that if you gave me absolute power, I wouldn't be corrupt, because I'm so righteous - someone who's even more righteous than me would
definitely
not be corrupted by that level of power.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:04 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 2663, Ankamius wrote:The only way that would have any chance of working is if the one in power at any one time has the exact set of opinions that benefits everybody at any one time (since the only way one can become corrupt is by being able to change how they think) and changing that out when the optimal thoughts do.
Here's the thing - the optimal thoughts don't change. The optimal thoughts are what is known as the correct path, and it doesn't change, just like "is it wrong to murder people" doesn't change. It's the same path that will guide humanity to utopia forever. There's no need for free will for that - the dictator merely has to follow the path forever. This is known as "righteousness".

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:17 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 2666, Accountant wrote:
In post 2663, Ankamius wrote:The entire point is that the level of possible corruption correlates to the level of power held by an individual, so your comparison is useless.
I mean that if you gave me absolute power, I wouldn't be corrupt, because I'm so righteous - someone who's even more righteous than me would
definitely
Have you considered that having absolute power itself is potentially unrighteous?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:25 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 2668, Shaziro wrote:
In post 2666, Accountant wrote:
definitely
Have you considered that having absolute power itself is potentially unrighteous?
It can't be - the correct path demands it, and the correct path defines what is righteous.

Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:17 am

Post by Annadog40 »

Why does it have to be one person? Why not a council of righteous people?
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:39 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 2670, Annadog40 wrote:Why does it have to be one person? Why not a council of righteous people?
It's the same thing - if there was a council, they'd slowly merge to form a hivemind, and then we once again end up with the "Council Hivemind" known as the absolute dictator. The end goal is for all humanity to join the hive, of course.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:59 am

Post by Shaziro »

Well consider the Christian idea that the big ultimate righteous guy has to take on the penalty for all the evil of the world. Of course this is some semi magical idea of taking on sin and then somehow purging it that isn't explained. Is it possible that the super righteous one would have to actually act incredibly inrighteously in order to cause everyone else to act righteous and unify?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:13 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 2672, Shaziro wrote:Well consider the Christian idea that the big ultimate righteous guy has to take on the penalty for all the evil of the world. Of course this is some semi magical idea of taking on sin and then somehow purging it that isn't explained. Is it possible that the super righteous one would have to actually act incredibly inrighteously in order to cause everyone else to act righteous and unify?
You've been watching too much Code Geass. No. You can't be super righteous while acting unrighteous.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:16 am

Post by Accountant »

Actually I should create like a reading list of all the times in books, TV shows, anime etc. where a character did or said something that made me go "woah! This person said something that's super in line with the correct path! I like the way they think!"

Return to “General Discussion”