False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4200 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:42 am

Post by mastina »

In post 4196, TheWayItEnds wrote:my question is time sensitive.
Yeah! And so are mine.
Because I'm on the fucking clock. Two hours. Exactly two hours from the time of this post. That's all I have left. That's the only window in which I can be guaranteed I can vote before deadline. (I'll double-check the math, to see if I can get home, log in, and cast a vote after dance and have it still be before deadline, but if so it'd be really fucking close.)

And you're avoiding me.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4201 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:43 am

Post by mastina »

In post 4199, TheWayItEnds wrote:im waiting for you to acknowledge that im going to ask you something. then im going to ask it.
Consider it acknowledged then.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4202 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:44 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

cool then go copy paste me your last will from last night.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4203 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:47 am

Post by mastina »

Day 8 ends in 0 days, 7 hours, 42 minutes!
It being 3:43 at the time I loaded this, that means:
7 + 3 = 10.
43 + 42 = 85.
11:25.

Dance ends at latest 9:45.
At most it is an hour's drive.
So I get home at 10:45 or so.
Meaning there is a window for me to vote in. A very fucking small window, but a window all the same. If need be I'll phonepost the vote. But right now I am not fucking voting.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4204 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:47 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

tick tock
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4205 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:48 am

Post by mastina »

In post 4202, TheWayItEnds wrote:cool then go copy paste me your last will from last night.
Last Will:

If I die, lynch Molla.
If I live, I intend to reread the game.
But if I die, it was Molla who killed me.

Both TWIE and Molla know that I reevaluate in lylo, yes.
But TWIE saw me in Steven Universe 2 and how in spite of doubting my RR read I ultimately saw it through--here he would expect me to do similarly, so if he was scum, he would let me live and mislynch Molla. Meaning, my death means Molla's scum.

Antihero and TTH wouldn't nightkill me. They'd either no-kill or kill Molla. They wouldn't leave me around to wonder why they were alive. So if I die, it's because Molla killed me. If I don't die...well then typing out a last will isn't very useful now, is it? I'll still be alive to scumhunt. But for the time being, this will do.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4206 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:49 am

Post by mastina »

I'd give you the timestamp there, too, but I'd rather avoid getting modkilled.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4207 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:49 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

thats the most non mastin last will ive ever seen.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4208 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:49 am

Post by mastina »

(It was on Wednesday March 15th, I can tell you that much, but what time I don't think I can legally do.)
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4209 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:55 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

The stage is set.
The night explodes.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4210 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:58 am

Post by mastina »

In post 4207, TheWayItEnds wrote:thats the most non mastin last will ive ever seen.
I could have probably made the wording stronger, in hindsight, yeah. I could have been firmer. I could have spoken with a far more fucking commanding voice. But I included all the content necessary: If I die, lynch Molla. Period. If I died, it's because Molla killed me. TWIE if scum wouldn't nightkill me because he saw me in Steven Universe 2. He'd know I'd doubt myself and really think things through--but I ultimately stuck to my guns in Steven Universe 2 and TWIE if scum would have no reason to believe this game was different. If Heartless is scum, then they wouldn't want to leave a question as to WHY they were around. A kill on me would make people wonder why they were around and I wasn't around. If I didn't end up nightkilled then there wouldn't be a point in the last will and I'd be reevaluating my stances if alive so there wasn't a need for me to pursue other options unless that did come to pass. (Which it did.) I conveyed all of that. I didn't do it perhaps as well as I should (in fact, looking at it, I actually made a really fucking huge typo :facepalm:), but I wasn't aiming for a long wall.

I knew that the longer my wall.
The more I typed out.
The less likely it was that my message would be received clearly.
I needed to keep it short and simple.
I needed to keep it basic, and to the fundamental facts.
Nothing complex. Nothing like a full case. Just simple truth. Because that's what I knew would be listened to.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4211 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:59 am

Post by mastina »

In post 4076, mastina wrote:Alright. I THINK I'm ready.
VOTE: No Lynch.
Right about here. The last will was submitted just before this post.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4212 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

if youre scum who do you nk last night?
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4213 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by mastina »

(Okay. So technically, it was about half an hour before. But that was still Wednesday, March 15th, by my timezone. Early AM, but still March 15th. Whole, live on the west coast and post past midnight, thing.)
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4214 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 4212, TheWayItEnds wrote:if youre scum who do you nk last night?
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4215 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:12 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4212, TheWayItEnds wrote:if youre scum who do you nk last night?
I'm honestly not sure.
Probably
not you. You have talent in the lategame which I would be terrified of (the thing which keeps it from being definitely not you), but you were also Molla's leading scumread, and furthermore, you were a weaker townread of Heartless. Your death would pit me against Heartless (a player considered conftown the whole game) and Molla (a player Heartless was very fucking strongly townreading as their last will showed).

Probably
not nobody. I was the one who came up with the Last Will plan, so it'd be a bit pointless for me to after coming up with that plan, not take advantage of it with a nightkill. (Then again, that would've been the best way to subvert my plan, so maybe.)

I'm honestly not sure when it comes to Molla versus Heartless.
Heartless has been a universal townread the whole game--yet was not conftown. There were signs players were doubting Heartless yesterday, which meant in lylo it might be possible to mislynch them. Furthermore, if I let Heartless live, then I'm pretty sure that Heartless would side with me rather than with you in a TWIE-mastina fight. So for those reasons, it would be viable for me to kill Molla.

...But then again, Molla has been my consistent scumread the whole game--it would be easier for me to let him live and have a nice, convenient lylo suspect. The thing is, Molla's been inconsistent on his reads. That level of wildcardness is not ideal come lylo. And if killing Heartless, there's no clear advantage for me. I'm not at a distinct disadvantage, admittedly...but I'm also not at a distinct advantage. You're not so easy to take advantage of. Molla's been inconsistent. So as scum if I killed Heartless I would be left with an unsure lylo, something I would probably want to avoid. Then again, with Heartless as considered conftown the whole game, paranoia might not be as much of an ally as ideal.

But I'm not quite sure about this. As scum I'd have been thinking about my endgame since the beginning of the game, but as town I only have a best guess as to what the plan with me as scum would be. I suppose, given these factors, I'd
lean
towards killing Molla, outside chance of killing Heartless. But I don't actually KNOW.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4216 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

lol that post makes me laugh.

i couldnt peg down your nk in my will either.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4217 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4216, TheWayItEnds wrote:i couldnt peg down your nk in my will either.
Great, so now that we've established that I'm
probably
not scum (because if I were scum it would be easy to peg who I would kill), with me having answered your questions, would you kindly return the favor?
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4218 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

do you have any non busywork questions?
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4219 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

because my answer to "describe the game" is fuck off.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4220 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

if youd like me to summarize why im town ill point you at your own post.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4221 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

heres my will

theres more analysis in there than in the rest of my posts combined i think.

can we talk about how bad 4042 is? that literally might be the worst post in the game. our jailkeeper who literally all he has to do is send a name and put it in his will, just didnt update his will? like not that whoever killed him used the death star strongman, that instead of everyone playing optimally were going to now assume that people are being stupid instead so you can just vote molla at the start of the day? terrible. on the other hand. why does pine join the rogue crew if heartless is already in it. unless the scumteam didnt think that the ability would be viewed in such a scum light. but then if you were going to kill infinity wouldnt you give the universal backup to someone else? unless they had to give the power to the rogue crew, and couldnt give it to himself. which i guess is a reason pine could have joined it? to try and get the power from heartless instead of having an investigation go out? its good that i thought of these questions now when heartless is the only remaining player who was on the rogue crew.

what throws me off is that molla says nothing of heartless's ingoring of ajs will. molla joins, makes a ton of shit posts and leaves out how unlikely it is for our JK to not update his will this late into the game. and yet, when I show up and poke at him hes right there to be angry at me for being mean. like. wut. how is someone going to be invested enough in the game to get mad when i say that you havent done anything, but not invested enough to actually defend yourself from being voted. i literally have spent the last 4 days trying to figure out which alignment would do that. is it more likely that molla is scum who cant defend himself from being scumread because he knows hes scum, but is still able to take offense at me calling him dead weight because hes the last member of his scum team? or is it that molla is like actually bad town who cant defend himself but doesnt like to hear it from someone else?
theres still kinda the weirdness from the vanillaizing of molla too. like yes, you can claim it early and get towncred when the vanillaizer flips, but then you're limiting yourself to only actually being able to use 1 vanillaizer shot on the game. but if pinetonic thought they were def going to die after joining the crew maybe he thought that the town cred was worth trying for on someone else and giving up the shot usage doesnt actually matter because hes not gonna make 2 nights alive.
scum have to have another pr right? like whats the point of the deathstar making everyone ninja if they can just have 1 ninja and they can use all their power. but like a scum joat with deflect rolestop and redirect or whatever is like crazy op right? unless molla is actually the deathstar and he just swapped his 3 joat powers for ones that seemed more neutral. that sort of runs into the same problem where everyone on the scum team doesnt need to be made ninja if pinetonic can just use all the scum abilities himself. i mean unless they get a rogue crew power i guess.

i still kinda dont think mastin is scum. I looked back at neros case, i agree with him that mastin calling him a liar while townreading him is like real suspicious, but mastin replacing in and calling pine scum super hard while pine tries to townread mastin on her entrance and mastin isnt having any of it. and then pinetonic swapping the next day to attempt to start a pinetonic/mastin fight doesnt look like a preplanned thing that they were ready for. but like.

in a vacuum i think mastin is the only player of the 3 who would NK me normally. but given that this is lylo i think that people might see me as a low info safe kill. heartless might kill mastin because hes towned her and molla thinks it could be me because he hasnt been paying attention to the game. or maybe he kills me because i suggested NL when he was trying to push a quick molla wagon but i guess that seems unlikely. molla kills....me? because maybe heartless is too obvious of a kill and he interprets me poking at him as scumreading. i mean i guess he could just kill heartless too. mastin is the only person who would consider killing me normally but after i said that i think that shes was town 2 days ago i dunno if she kills me. actually i dunno who mastin kills. maybe heartless cause molla would vote me? maybe molla cause she "cleared" him. maybe all 3 of them have okay reasons to nk me and this whole paragraph means nothing.

i really kinda just want it to be molla and for this to be easy and for all of my reads since thinker to have been right all game.

yeah fuck it. i think id vote molla over heartless
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4222 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4146, mastina wrote:
TWIE, Molla:
Can you give your thoughts on roles in this game? Any insight.
TWIE:
Can you describe why you are town?
TWIE:
Why would Molla be scum?
^These three. Roles aren't busywork because they're really fucking relevant given Molla's claim to be one and Heartless's last will (which you so consistently have been quoting) was so strongly emphasizing. I want your words rather than a quote of Heartless's.

I want your words on why you would be town rather than my words for it. I've done more fucking work to defend you than you have.

I want your words on why Molla would be scum. Here I'd accept quotes of me, but I'd at least want to see YOUR reasons for it. If you aren't 100% committed to calling me scum (and you obviously aren't, since if you were by your own admission, you would be voting), then there must be at least some shred of reason you are considering Molla and I want to see it.

None of those are busywork.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4223 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

bam.

preempted
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4224 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4221, TheWayItEnds wrote:i really kinda just want it to be molla and for this to be easy and for all of my reads since thinker to have been right all game. yeah fuck it. i think id vote molla over heartless
This close
to voting Molla.

The long analysis I'm not sure of being town without research--I think it's town (since TWIE is right, he hasn't done that much all game), but I'm not sure it's town. But this line I have an incredibly hard time seeing coming from scum. If you're scum, fuck you TWIE because that's EXACTLY. EXACTLY the fucking thing that I was thinking and it's exactly the thing I needed to hear.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”