The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by The Wood Cutters »

Nah, I honestly dont care. You're annoying me at this point.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by Prism »

You can complain that I got distracted from reading you but the self insistence is bullshit. I'm giving
more
than enough for you to read me off of, and you just ignored all of it to whine about how I haven't gotten to you. Address the substance and cut the bullshit vote, it's obvious what I put my time into and why.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:06 pm

Oh I'm sorry you forgot you mentioned how we were scum but you couldn't say why.

You're keeping it vague because you know, if you're scum, that we will literally tear your shit apart and expose you.

It's not hard to see that you're dodging it because you fucked up saying we looked scummy.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:13 pm

Post by Prism »

Run that theory by Nacho and see how far it gets, in the meantime I'm shaking and quaking at my boots at the sight of two people I didn't even read in camn's because I thought it was a waste of time.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:14 pm

Keep deflecting. You're doing great sweetie.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

you do look scummy, TWC

it's seeming possible to me that you don't want to lend credibility to prism's case on T&B because they're your scumbud so you're trying to distract and discredit by drawing the focus to you+prism stuff, when prism has clearly stated why they haven't gotten to you YET

what do you make of prism's points on T&B, TWC? why no comment on what they ARE doing instead of complaining about what they're NOT doing? do you really think prism is the sort of player that says "I'm going to get to you" and then not get to you and think they can get away with it? as scum OR town?

I believe when they say that they have just not divided their focus or had time to address your shit yet (you are not the fish on their hook, it's very clear and reasonable to me, yet you can't accept it, why? is the wagon on you so impending that it must be DEALT WITH NOW?!), you won't give them an inch of breathing room or don't even seem to be trying to assess what they're doing objectively because "ohno they called me scum and won't elaborate at my demand!"
balance among all things
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by Prism »

Drealm did a better job of addressing it.

I said I scumread you but also explicitly said
I can't ground it right now, and that it takes a lot of time to do that.

Complain about how I divide the time all you want, but it's clear that I've poured a lot of time in recently, and gone very big with all of it that I've used.

You've gotten more than enough to read me off of in the past 2 pages. Complaining that I've set my focus elsewhere,
especially when I've made such good use of it
, is ridiculous.

"Deflection" is a fucking joke, I'm flat out telling you: You're not worth the time right now.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:19 pm

You shell out a scum read, refuse to expand on it, I'm saying you're faking it.

You refuse to even say the smallest thing as to what ticked you off in the first place.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

that's not refusal to explain it, it's not explaining it at your demand, big difference
they said they'd get to it, chill, there's other stuff to do in the game in the meantime

if prism is scum, what do you think their mindset is with all of this??? "let me toss out a SR to a trio of strong players and then go pick on some weak-ass towny's case I think I can push a lynch on" ?????
balance among all things
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:24 pm

I want to know Prism's thoughts now. Not later on. I want the raw emotion or thoughts that come out on what Prism thinks of us. What makes the scum read form and what doesn't.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

well cry yourself a puddle and then GET OVER IT
balance among all things
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:25 pm

I want that knee jerk reaction. It's really hard to fake spitfire arguments and keep yourself unexposed as scum.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 406, Prism wrote:
I can't ground it right now, and that it takes a lot of time to do that.
so you think this is scum avoiding a "spitfire argument" so they don't get "exposed" rather than town simply not wanting to willynilly toss out some half-assed shit-argument on a SR they have but haven't reflected on and "found the words" to explain? if town, they know that would not be good or useful to do, and so they want to take the time to think it over, nurture it, and get back to it once it's coalesced into something they feel is good to present to the rest of us?

meanwhile they're doing what with T&B? simply using all of that time and energy to avoid you???

I don't know if you have a bad read on prism or are scum-reactive, but I'm definitely leaning scum-reactive

sooo, what do you make of what they say on T&B?
balance among all things
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 409, The Wood Cutters wrote:I want to know Prism's thoughts now. Not later on. I want the raw emotion or thoughts that come out on what Prism thinks of us. What makes the scum read form and what doesn't.
In post 411, The Wood Cutters wrote:I want that knee jerk reaction. It's really hard to fake spitfire arguments and keep yourself unexposed as scum.
Bullshit. Blatant, blatant bullshit.

You got exactly what you describe looking for multiple times, here's the quotes:
In post 345, Prism wrote:
On TWC:
I really,
really
dislike most of Nacho's posting on Page 11 despite having trouble putting my finger on what it is. Some of what I believe are mastina's are also rubbing me the wrong way. There are a lot of vague factors behind this, ranging from the given reads to how the hydra interacts with itself, and I'll try to follow up soon when I can ground why it is I feel this way. I was inclined to see Nacho's push on me as null, being a mix of high expectation and desire for more from me, but some of it really feels as though it's targeted
for
me rather than
at
me, and not just in a "Get them active" way.
In post 346, Prism wrote:UNVOTE: for now.

Like, my feelings on TWC are vague and I've got to run at a pretty inopportune time, but how I'm feeling reading that page 11+random select posts, I would,
at this immediate moment
, be
really
surprised if that slot flips town, even if I don't know why.
In post 354, Prism wrote:I don't get how you can read "I would be very surprised to see TWC flip town even if I can't ground the feeling now", together with preliminary realms where the feelings reside, and think of this as a valueless post.
I gave you that "raw" feeling you were looking for, those "kneejerk reactions", practically word for word, and you called me on it not being satisfactory and you demanded that it be
grounded
and that I give
reason

I tell you that that takes time, that I've diverted my energy elsewhere for now, and suddenly that's not what you want, you don't want wellgrounded logical reason, you just want that
kneejerk reaction
, that
raw emotion
that I already gave only for you to whine about it two/three pages back.

Bullshit. Blatant, blatant bullshit.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by Prism »

I give the kneejerk reaction, you want logic because kneejerk reaction isn't good enough. I say sure but that takes time and I've got my sights elsewhere right now, and you don't want the well thought out logic after the fact, and suddenly
flip
you just want the kneejerk reaction. Complete bullshit, give the phone to someone else and take a break.

This isn't even to mention that
I
am the one who first brought up that it needed to be grounded further and not be so vague.

Utter garbage.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:36 pm

Now that you're talking to me and about me, go to page 11 and the other random posts.

You don't even have to say anything, just give me the quotes on which ones hit you.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:38 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

pine, and other players, please

GET IN THE GAME

cause I think the scumteam is:

Tea&Biscuits
TheWoodCutters
AlmostChara

so unless that is right and they want to surrender (just put a @mod bolded "/bow & surrender to almighty townies") , we need more ppl giving views and content
balance among all things
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 415, The Wood Cutters wrote:Now that you're talking to me and about me, go to page 11 and the other random posts.

You don't even have to say anything, just give me the quotes on which ones hit you.
Now
this
is a fucking deflection.

I'll agree to a trade:

1) Address what I just said
2) Address my case on T&B

And in return:

3) I will go through and sign your fucking death warrant

Raw quotes, just like you asked, coming up despite being on my phone.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:43 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 345, Prism wrote:You do realize you're playing mafia, not socializing at a dinner party? You will have to work with me at some point, even if not right now. Engaging me with hostility when I ask you a question is a great, quick path to a lose/lose scenario. All you had to do was elaborate as to what you were hoping for, and instead you've just continued being combative out of some perceived offense that is just me trying to get something out of you. In short this interaction has just hurt us both, and it didn't have to be that way.
Your question had the potential to interrupt what I was trying to do with Postie, that's why I snapped at you. Postie chose not to engage with me, which frees me up to talk to you. Basically I wanted to get insight into her thought process wrt to appeasement and figure out why she was reading appeasement from drealmer there, why she felt it was scum indicative, and also how well she knew drealmer's play (anyone who knows drealmer knows that he can be very explain-y, and I was perplexed that she would read someone explaining themselves as appeasing). Essentially I wanted to get a better feel for her play. Your comment wrt your question to me being useless is something I strongly disagree with, because even if I
were
to go post-hoc I believe that you or anyone capable of close reading would be able to tell whether it was or not, so abandoning that line of questioning as something that can just be squirmed out of, so to speak, seems either lazy (which isn't my estimation of you) or assuming the worst (which isn't helpful in getting a read on anyone).
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:44 pm

*squeals like a little school girl*
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

Yeah, I'm not liking TWC's interference that disrupted the natural flow of the Prism vs T&B, but I dislike Drealmerz' interfernec even more. You're accusing TWC of the very same thing you did, and while TWC were demanding something from Prism you're just simply throwing a counter on them and not asking for anything from them. Just an accusation that may or may not be right, and could have certainly waited until they're finished with Prism (or vise versa).

Now I want you to explain to me why felt the urge to jump into that puddle uninvited to interrupt my entertainment? As Denzel Washington said in Training Day: "You won't let me read it, so you entertain me with your bullshit."

~A50

P-edit: Oh, really! I'm fine with a OMGUS accusation right now.

VOTE: Drealmerz

Since you're so talented you can call the whole scum team in one go on D1, I'm going to call you on your BS right here and now. Come to me, son. Let's have our own thing going.
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:53 pm

Post by Prism »

Spoiler: Wall of Quotes
In post 254, The Wood Cutters wrote:
In post 108, Prism wrote:The ;> here is playful but completely negates any pressure they might have been trying to place. I question the intent behind even posting here.
Some people early game make playful posts; criticizing the post because of it had a smiley instead of making a post that was clearly intended not to give pressure instead seems like a pretty strong reach to me.
In post 108, Prism wrote:The followup here lacks any sort of clarification as to the intent behind the original vote. The "never change" accompanied by a vote swap implies a town read via meta, but it lacks any kind of teeth. When the original post immediately negates its own pressure, I doubt the usefulness of the 3 posts as adequate to get a grasp on "same old town drealm"
The initial vote on drealmer made it fairly obvious that there wasn't any teeth in the push in the first place; your assertion that the "never change" and a vote swap has to imply town read is not a great one.
In post 256, The Wood Cutters wrote:
In post 151, nancy wrote:So, blah blah, first of all, you haven't yet engaged with my slot in a meaningful way. Your approach here is pure rhetoric. Second of all, you're pushing a narrative that holds only a semblance of truth. Your reads (including the one on me, yes, well selected) sucking have little to do with my vote. Your lack of hesitance in handing out town labels based on a scarcity of info is mainly what drew me away from drealmer. The only way you can argue to the contrary is by flat out calling me a liar from the get-go, which is.. uh.. well, not a position you have any ground to support yourself on, so that's not gonna end well for you. You scumbuds with dreal, bro?
I like this response for the most part.
I disagree in general that handing out town reads early is something that's scummy in any sense of the word; giving out reads early game is in general for the sake of transparency, at least when I do them. I tend to focus on getting things out there, pulling on threads as much as I can early even though I'm generally pretty aware that 90% of those reads won't matter dick five pages later, but generally putting that out there can generate responses that lead to the good stuff (and there is just as much merit in making people comfortable as there is as making them uncomfortable).
In post 218, ThinkMomo wrote:Okay, Almost is getting scummier by the second. I have some post flip analysis depending.
This is an absurdly early time to get plugging away on something like this, but I'd appreciate it if you posted it anyways - would help my read on you quite a bit if it looked genuine enough.
In post 220, Almost Chara wrote:it's a a bad idea to lynch a VT claim on D1, and especially so when I claimed w/o any pressure. If I'm "anything but" a Tracker, a Watcher, a Neapolitan, a Role Cop, as well as many other roles can catch me in a lie.
There are plenty of ways to catch you out, but that doesn't make you a bad lynch if you look scummy (it's typically not worth it to out those roles you note in order to confirm you town and only a select few of the roles you can actually confirm you as town). Why did you claim VT, anyways (and if this is a question you'd rather answer later just don't forget about it). I find your original post on us to be pretty obviously disingenuous (maybe mastina knows a ton about you but I certainly don't and from the way you patted Gin on the head you clearly don't respect his ability to read us either), but don't know what you're looking for with that gambit as far as the "reading us" front goes.
In post 259, The Wood Cutters wrote:
In post 76, Wraith wrote:I feel like I've seen this episode a hundred times
This is something that could be happening because he feels apathetic in general, but I don't like how he didn't make even a cursory effort to engage Postie on her read when he's seen people making a similar mistake many times before. As scum, it's a very going through the motions type of post - he weighs in on the situation but there's nothing more than that.
In post 260, The Wood Cutters wrote:I also thought that I included nancy in that readslist, but apparently didn't - she's just below Infinity on the townlist; I've liked her pushback against our slot in particular, but her engagement with pretty much all of the slots that posted things she didn't like seem fairly genuine to me. I'd like to talk to mastina about her a little bit since apparently there's history here, but I think Gin and I are at least on the same page with that read.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 419, The Wood Cutters wrote:*squeals like a little school girl*
That wall of quotes is all I'm getting until I have my 1) and 2), and that I like what I get from it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm giving/you're getting, whichever you prefer.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:58 pm

So basically, what your reaction tells me is that what you find scummy by us is how the trio interacts, and individually what each of the heads are saying. Also Nacho's push bothers you. I fully expect to see you bring up each point.

Also, it's not actually bullshit by saying I want the kneejerk raw shit because what I want is the reasoning to what set you off as soon as possible. When someone asked me about why I thought OMGUS was scummy I was immediately able to tell them that it was because XYZ, this game blah blah. There was reasoning I held onto before that statement.

That's what I want. The more time you delay, then those thoughts dissipate, and if they were never there to begin with, it's just biding time till you think of something.

As for your postie thing, I'm reviewing the ISO and checking the chronology myself.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”