Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:33 pm

Post by Commander Shepard »

In post 473, Tea and Biscuits wrote:Commander Shepard, are you a hydra or an alt?

-- Postie
Hydras are noted in the first post I believe. I am not a hydra.

If I was an alt, therefore I find that alt shaming/outing if one exists is a bad thing. If a player is an alt, they are an alt for a reason.
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by Tea and Biscuits »

First post hasn't been updated yet. I don't think it's particularly hard to figure out who your main is but alright I'll keep quiet.

-- Postie
Hydra of Postie and SuperJack
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:42 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 476, Tea and Biscuits wrote:First post hasn't been updated yet. I don't think it's particularly hard to figure out who your main is but alright I'll keep quiet.

-- Postie
Whoops! You're absolutely correct!
I'm on it!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:42 pm

In post 244, Infinity 324 wrote:@: I'm king Edward, I'm a Miller cause I was technically never crowned

But doesn't town RVS just as much as scum? So doesn't that make it not scummy by definition?

Don't want to go after dreal for now because I agree with him on things including the almost vote.

@ Meh. As long as I don't out specific reasons I don't see the problem.
That flavor makes sense for a miller, but also for scum. I just wish people would quit claiming. Is this a standard thing to do in a closed setup?
I find giving information to Reaper scum a bad idea. Let's not do that k? K. Great. Great.

Leaving drealmerz alone is a bad idea even if you think drealmerz is voting scum. Scum bus. Wouldn't you want to figure out if drealmerz is bussing or not?

drealmerz are you scum?
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:43 pm

In post 476, Tea and Biscuits wrote:First post hasn't been updated yet. I don't think it's particularly hard to figure out who your main is but alright I'll keep quiet.

-- Postie
Top scumread and townread. Go.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:49 pm

In post 290, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 271, Infinity 324 wrote:I don't see why a real claim wild make more flavor sense than a fakeclaim. But I don't really know the flavor
Also, Edward V is supposed to be a miller cause he was never crowned officially.
I have my doubts here. I don't know how to explain it but something "feels off" here.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:52 pm

In post 294, Almost Chara wrote:OK, I guess I can explain now:

I claimed to bait The Wood Cutters so that I can get a read there. Looking at the players list this looks like the strongest slot as either alignment, and I wanted to make sure they're on OUR side.

The claim was precisely to bait Mastina (she knows my play better than anyone in this game), and it worked.

I would have expected Scum!Mastina to push me further. Why? Because (as Scum) she would know 100% I'm Town already, and in her experience I lie much more as Town that I do as Scum, so she would have been alerted to me being a PR and trying to chase away a NK.

Town!MAstina though (according to what I was thinking) would have to think: EITHER TPR trying to avoid the NK, OR Scum trying to avoid getting lynched/investigated. THEN she would have to try and sort me out ASAP to decide on whether I'm worthy of her protection from a lynch or if I'm well worth her vote. I didn't see her going for the much more simple deduction she did, but still, not pushing me while knowing I do lie as Town makes her Town IMHO. (If you beg to differ, save it. I've just locked my read on that slot).

Now for whoever does have a brain; faking VT as Scum in this game is the worst thing I could have every done. I'm not dumb enough to get caught in a lie on N1. I only lie -as scum- when I absolutely have to.. i.e. when it benefits me, and I can't see anything fruitful for me from claiming a VT unprompted on D1. That only leaves you between me really being a VT or a lying TPR, so if we have a Role Cop it might be a good idea for them to check us. If not, then I guess time will tell (probably when we return a guilty "of some sort" on someone or another). :lol: :lol: :lol:

~A50
I think there is at least one scum in Almost Chara and Infinity if not two.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:57 pm

In post 310, The Wood Cutters wrote:
In post 271, Infinity 324 wrote:I don't see why a real claim wild make more flavor sense than a fakeclaim. But I don't really know the flavor
I might be misunderstanding your confusion here, but I think that the flavor matches up with the role pretty solidly and that's an expectation that I have with most if not all roles in the game. As a result, either you or someone on your scumteam is a history buff and thought it would be cool if your character was a miller (possible, but doubtful), Aristophanes gave you a miller claim (also doubtful - miller fakeclaims are fakeclaims that typically have to be made immediately to be accepted and mods typically don't shoehorn their scumteams into playing a certain way), or you're just town. I find the last possibility more likely than the other two.
In post 272, drealmerz7 wrote:I take issue with the first, non-underlined part because the certainty is too strong, as for the underlined part, what makes you so doubtful about that, TWC? why no jester in the british court? why no neutral survivor who just wants all the killing to stop? what sense does a serial killer make in this flavor setup, do we have Jack the Ripper walking around among us do you think? please help me see your thoughts that allowed you to come up with this statement
I don't think there's a third party other than a SK because Aristophanes is running his first closed setup and strikes me as the type of person who would be worried more about making a balanced not wacky game than he would be about adding in a wacky neutral role. It's a judgment call based on who I think Aristophanes is based on my experiences with him; I feel pretty good about the assertion, sure, but the foundation for thinking so is admittedly shaky as all hell.
In post 272, drealmerz7 wrote:and then I compare what I feel like you've done so far to this point vs. what prism has done so far to this point, and I like what they've done a lot more than what you have (though I'm liking your more activity this morning simply because it is more activity and that is necessary to read you - what we were getting yesterday after game-start was weaksauce)

do you think what prism has done is scummy? or just weak?
My entry this morning was the first time that I've seriously posted in this game - in that time, I commented on all major events of the game and most minor games and was able to flesh out reads on the majority of players (people who I didn't develop reads on didn't do anything to read them on). I don't think it's fair to say that Prism's done more than I have, and that's not even taking mastina/Gin's posting into account - you liking Prism's posts more than liking mine is an opinion that I disagree with, but I've talked about Prism already so I'm not sure what more can be said about that point that's productive.

You're right that I'm harsher on Prism than I am on other people - Prism has one of the best scum games that I've ever seen and also dislikes sticking his neck out, so as long as I'm alive, I'm going to make the job for a hypothetical Prism!scum as difficult as possible. I do think that what he's posted so far is legitimately scummy; making a strong entrance and leaving a good impression early and then completely fading away is an excellent strategy for scum in general and it goes against the "I'M BACK" vibe that he gave early.

I'm moving to mobile shortly; sorry in advance for the formatting because I don't have the patience to consolidate quote walls into one post like I do on a laptop.
Data on my omnitool says Infinity has fake claimed cop before. I do not find the miller claim believable. Furthermore miller does match the history in the sense of neveer being crowned but a 12 year old boy who gets assassinated by Richard is unlikely a miller. Not crowed yes, which I found a first glance. Looking deeper I find miller unlikely. The question is if Infinity324 is lying as I suspect he is if he is scum for it.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:58 pm

In post 317, Tea and Biscuits wrote:Furthermore, why were posts such as
In post 130, Wraith wrote:
In post 90, Infinity 324 wrote:4 pages while I was asleep 0_0

I'm a miller
Miller? In a Mini?

...Really?
In post 265, Wraith wrote:
In post 253, Infinity 324 wrote:King Edward V*
rofl are you serious?

One of the Princes in the Tower? A Miller?
In post 269, Wraith wrote:I just don't buy it.
not accompanied by a vote on Infinity?

VOTE: Wraith

It feels like you're trying to find something to nitpick for the sake of it, allowing you to criticise Infinity without having to commit to a real push on him. It's scummy and also reads like potential distancing. in particular is terrible; I don't know how to explain it but just read it dear god.

If Wraith flips scum lynch Infinity.

-- Postie
Townread here.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:04 pm

In post 390, Prism wrote:
In post 364, Infinity 324 wrote:I'll let postie respond to that, but I think the narrative of "I doubted my scumread much earlier but pushed it anyway for reactions" makes sense with what I know of postie and fits with her posts imo

We'll talk more once postie explains herself
In post 374, Infinity 324 wrote:Slight lean scum but too early to tell
Stop with what you're assuming she said and take some time to
actually
read over what she said.

Explaining the new scumread on me would be helpful because as far as I know you've only mentioned the interactions with nancy. I don't think telling her to stop picking lose/lose is alignment indicative either way since if she's town I need her as much as she needs me, regardless of what I am.
Pretty sure asking scum to do something townie is an exercise in futility prism.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:08 pm

In post 416, drealmerz7 wrote:pine, and other players, please

GET IN THE GAME

cause I think the scumteam is:

Tea&Biscuits
TheWoodCutters
AlmostChara

so unless that is right and they want to surrender (just put a @mod bolded "/bow & surrender to almighty townies") , we need more ppl giving views and content
Actually TWC, AlmostChara, and you makes a lot more sense, only if infinity is town though. I had TWC as a townlean until you poked them with "you do look scummy TWC".

That is something either said to a buddy or someone you know is town. I don't like it.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by The Wood Cutters »

Hey Shepard, you town?
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:12 pm

In post 428, The Wood Cutters wrote:Simple:

If you have a concern but can't flesh it out, don't bring it up.

If you have a concern and bring it up, then I expect you to expose your reasoning.

You did the opposite of the first sentence and didn't do the 2nd sentence.

SO, when you brought up the fact that you had reason to scum read us. I wanted to know what the fuck was going on inside your head.
This is horrible. Sometimes concerns are just pings. If another player gets the same ping as you then it needs to get investigated more. Sometimes the reasonless pings are full of reasons a player cannot articulate. What matters is if that reason less ping is followed by reason full hunting.

Again so much anger. Why? The cursing doesn't make you sound more townie, it just sounds so out of place and ridiculous.

Pedit: Sure am. I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite alignment on the thread.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:13 pm

VOTE: Infinity324

I don't believe the miller claim the more I think about it.
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:17 pm

Hey sheppy poo, can you go more into detail about 483
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 479, Commander Shepard wrote:Top scumread and townread. Go.
Wraith for scum; TWC is town.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:22 pm

In post 483, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 317, Tea and Biscuits wrote:Furthermore, why were posts such as
In post 130, Wraith wrote:
In post 90, Infinity 324 wrote:4 pages while I was asleep 0_0

I'm a miller
Miller? In a Mini?

...Really?
In post 265, Wraith wrote:
In post 253, Infinity 324 wrote:King Edward V*
rofl are you serious?

One of the Princes in the Tower? A Miller?
In post 269, Wraith wrote:I just don't buy it.
not accompanied by a vote on Infinity?

VOTE: Wraith

It feels like you're trying to find something to nitpick for the sake of it, allowing you to criticise Infinity without having to commit to a real push on him. It's scummy and also reads like potential distancing. in particular is terrible; I don't know how to explain it but just read it dear god.

If Wraith flips scum lynch Infinity.

-- Postie
Townread here.
I can but don't you dare call someone who saves the universe "sheppy poo".

I don't agree with the scumread of Wraith but I do agree with how the thought process progressed. Namely I don't find what Wraith posted as weird, but if I did find it weird, then I could see where Postie came from with that.
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:23 pm

In post 490, Postie wrote:
-- Postie
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:30 pm

In post 492, Tea and Biscuits wrote:
In post 490, Postie wrote:
-- Postie
Assume Wraith is town. What changes for you?
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:35 pm

In post 493, Commander Shepard wrote:Assume Wraith is town. What changes for you?
I don't have any other scumreads; haven't thought that far ahead. I'd probably start pressuring the lurkers and trying to sort dreal again.

-- Postie
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:36 pm

In post 494, Tea and Biscuits wrote:
In post 493, Commander Shepard wrote:Assume Wraith is town. What changes for you?
I don't have any other scumreads; haven't thought that far ahead. I'd probably start pressuring the lurkers and trying to sort dreal again.

-- Postie
Why would you have to think about future scumreads?

VOTE: Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:37 pm

In post 495, Commander Shepard wrote:Why would you have to think about future scumreads?

What I meant was I haven't thought ahead in terms of what changes for me if Wraith flips scum.

-- Postie
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:38 pm

In post 496, Tea and Biscuits wrote:
In post 495, Commander Shepard wrote:Why would you have to think about future scumreads?

What I meant was I haven't thought ahead in terms of what changes for me if Wraith flips scum.

-- Postie
You mean if Wraith flips town?

So Wraith is town Postie is scum.
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:40 pm

Yeah I meant town sorry.
I'm not sure how you're reading me mixing up two commonly mixed up words as AI?

-- Postie
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:43 pm

In post 497, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 496, Tea and Biscuits wrote:

-- Postie
You mean if Wraith flips town?

So Wraith is town Postie is scum.
Spoiler: Could it be?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”