Large Normal 202 - Flavorful Mafia - Game Over!

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 579, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:After getting some rest, I'm feeling a bit optimistic again. I thought as I was typing this post that I had more town reads though but I guess I don't.

Spoiler:
I don't want to lynch within these players today:

{Alisae, arona, Avagan, Fukus, Lowell, LQ, & Transcend}

Going to speak on Lowell because ironically I think the reasoning for why he casted his vote and the way he did it, is easy for scum to push on. However if anyone needs me to explain any of the others above, feel free.

I think Lowell is town here mainly because I can see where the foundation of his vote is coming from in a sense based on his experience with me. It has been a while since we've played together and him thinking my play here is trying to portray an image that other players are known for isn't a bit of a stretch and I'm sure he can honestly attest for that. I also liked his entrance and his exchange with Alisae.

I'm not going to sugarcoat the actual post where he casted a vote for me though. I find catch-up posts done in that style scummy since they're designed to prevent interaction with others while simultaneously giving off an illusion that a player has made sincere efforts in game solving. The contradiction there is also pretty glaring. He acknowledges that the cases or reasons given so far have been weak but gives a fairly weak one himself. One that I can't even really engage with. The question for me if I were to ever consider reevaluating him is if the other conclusions he made in that catch-up post feel genuine.

A player I'm pretty sure I can read if given enough time:

{Chick}

Null:

{Gerry, Lexa, Pere}

--

Now on to the scum reads.

Creature
- Creature's and pinged me a little. I find it odd for him to declare RVS over considering what was going on at the time. Alisae, Firebringer, and Transcend were just joking around. Key was chiming in here and there and LQ was slowly trying to pull the game out of the stage. Everyone for the most part though clearly understood that RVS wasn't over and had no real intention to end it anytime soon. This is where the second post that pinged me comes into play. He questions why FB had Transcend as town after just declaring RVS over. Transcend only made two posts in that time period that one could argue are just filler so I think it is fair to say that Creature's read on him didn't change much. I also think it's fair to say he had a scum read on Transcend when he made that post. Which begs a few questions. If Creature really felt RVS was over and/or wanted it to end, why didn't he vote for Transcend? Better yet, why didn't he comment on Alisae and LQ's back and forth? Or even pick a side and place a vote to really drive the game out of RVS?

My conclusion? He reads like scum who was posturing and hesitant to really push the game out of RVS. It seemed like he was hoping his assessment of the stage would be latched on to and a wagon would pop up for him to join and allow him to park his vote for a little while.

Eddie
- Eddie is currently my strongest scum read. I originally voted for him for his thinking this is probably going to remain a very weak read and I'll probably end up voting for someone else shortly. It only grew however, partly due to FB which I'll get to in a second.

Eddie isn't making any real attempts to interact with others or game solve, he's just shouting and spamming and none of it feels reals. It reads like a constant need for attention and validation in order to mask the fact that he doesn't really have any reads. There are players like RC where your intuition can tell you for the most part that this is how they operate. His play here honestly just doesn't sound like the Eddie I've played with in the past and I feel like he's only playing up this ruse in order to get town read.

FB
- I wanted to approach FB differently than I have in the past. In a game where me and him both subbed out, I had ignored the meta I was given on him and misread him horribly. In another recent game, I had took my time with reading him and my initial read on him was right. I was hoping this game would go like the latter in order to test my theory on how to read him but sadly it didn't seem like it was going to based on , , . Nothing is objectively wrong with these posts but due to their tone and the player behind them, they sort of demand being answered and I don't do well with that sort of thing. Mainly because if I'm forced to interact with you just to do it, as in there is no purpose to the conversation, it is going to be a struggle for me to figure out your alignment.

All that aside, none of that is AI, just a classic play style clash. The problem I have with FB is the awkward way he sort of came to Eddie's defense right after I voted for him. In and , he points out that Eddie is crumbing a PR and shouldn't be lynched because of it. This is odd to me for a couple reasons. He just voted for Eddie in . The tone of this post reads vastly different from his posts previously and while his reasoning, active lurking, is NAI, it is a tell for quite a few players on this site. Second, I believe town is more likely to keep the fact that they noticed someone crumbing to themselves and either immediately move their vote or focus on someone else. There is also town no motivation of pointing out such crumbs because it just makes scum job easier.

My theory is that him and Eddie are partners and his vote for him in was a way of saying that he better get in here and start posting. I believe his defense of him came out of fear that he be would wagoned for his play. Or if scum have Day chat, a staged event in order for them to get immediately town read.

Key
- Just has felt really off to me. I haven't played a game with him in a while but I remember as town, he tries really hard to solve the game in his own way and just gets scum read for it all the time. I'm not seeing that here but I may be misremembering. Recent town and scum games from him should hopefully put my suspicion to rest.

Umlaut
- I'm scum reading him for his entrance. It sounded a bit too overly cautious. His vote for Alisae reads like scum who didn't want to have to come back to any unwarranted pressure. His sort of joke like comment after he gave his reasoning for voting him read like an attempt to distract from peoole focusing on the vote. I believe town are more likely to just check in and state that they are v/LA due to traveling.

TL:DR: I have reads and I feel strongly about them.
Uzi, great post, but I have a caveat and its kinda a major one. This is pre-flip, dawg. I have only seen pre-flip be accurate a few times and its mostly due to shear luck rather than anything that shows that the player doing the pre-flip is gosu.

You should re-thing this. I am worming up to the idea that Eddie is Scum, but I don't have a read on most of the others yet including Fire. Key is prolly the closest to a Town read I have out of your Scum reads, but its not that strong really. Otherwise, I like this post a lot because it shows effort and game solving.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:23 pm

In post 599, Firebringer wrote:Lickety, how you been man? What you up to?
I've been playing a lot of Mass Effect Andromeda lately. Admittedly its getting in the way of my activity.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:24 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 601, LicketyQuickety wrote:
I've been playing a lot of Mass Effect Andromeda lately. Admittedly its getting in the way of my activity.
That's cool I guess, is that like a RPG like other games?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:27 pm

Post by Transcend »

Hello thread
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:31 pm

In post 602, Firebringer wrote:
In post 601, LicketyQuickety wrote:
That's cool I guess, is that like a RPG like other games?
Its an action RPG technically, but tbh, there are not too many straight up RPGs without the action part. RPG games are on a trend to be more actiony. Its not a terrible change, but I have never been good at action games so there is a learning curve for me that is not there for the younguns. The Witcher 3 was also an action RPG and that game at this point in time is one of the best games ever made and its not just me who thinks so. I was thinking of checking out Nier Automata since all the critics are raving about it, but IDK if its my kind of game or not.

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 600, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 579, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:After getting some rest, I'm feeling a bit optimistic again. I thought as I was typing this post that I had more town reads though but I guess I don't.

Spoiler:
I don't want to lynch within these players today:

{Alisae, arona, Avagan, Fukus, Lowell, LQ, & Transcend}

Going to speak on Lowell because ironically I think the reasoning for why he casted his vote and the way he did it, is easy for scum to push on. However if anyone needs me to explain any of the others above, feel free.

I think Lowell is town here mainly because I can see where the foundation of his vote is coming from in a sense based on his experience with me. It has been a while since we've played together and him thinking my play here is trying to portray an image that other players are known for isn't a bit of a stretch and I'm sure he can honestly attest for that. I also liked his entrance and his exchange with Alisae.

I'm not going to sugarcoat the actual post where he casted a vote for me though. I find catch-up posts done in that style scummy since they're designed to prevent interaction with others while simultaneously giving off an illusion that a player has made sincere efforts in game solving. The contradiction there is also pretty glaring. He acknowledges that the cases or reasons given so far have been weak but gives a fairly weak one himself. One that I can't even really engage with. The question for me if I were to ever consider reevaluating him is if the other conclusions he made in that catch-up post feel genuine.

A player I'm pretty sure I can read if given enough time:

{Chick}

Null:

{Gerry, Lexa, Pere}

--

Now on to the scum reads.

Creature
- Creature's and pinged me a little. I find it odd for him to declare RVS over considering what was going on at the time. Alisae, Firebringer, and Transcend were just joking around. Key was chiming in here and there and LQ was slowly trying to pull the game out of the stage. Everyone for the most part though clearly understood that RVS wasn't over and had no real intention to end it anytime soon. This is where the second post that pinged me comes into play. He questions why FB had Transcend as town after just declaring RVS over. Transcend only made two posts in that time period that one could argue are just filler so I think it is fair to say that Creature's read on him didn't change much. I also think it's fair to say he had a scum read on Transcend when he made that post. Which begs a few questions. If Creature really felt RVS was over and/or wanted it to end, why didn't he vote for Transcend? Better yet, why didn't he comment on Alisae and LQ's back and forth? Or even pick a side and place a vote to really drive the game out of RVS?

My conclusion? He reads like scum who was posturing and hesitant to really push the game out of RVS. It seemed like he was hoping his assessment of the stage would be latched on to and a wagon would pop up for him to join and allow him to park his vote for a little while.

Eddie
- Eddie is currently my strongest scum read. I originally voted for him for his thinking this is probably going to remain a very weak read and I'll probably end up voting for someone else shortly. It only grew however, partly due to FB which I'll get to in a second.

Eddie isn't making any real attempts to interact with others or game solve, he's just shouting and spamming and none of it feels reals. It reads like a constant need for attention and validation in order to mask the fact that he doesn't really have any reads. There are players like RC where your intuition can tell you for the most part that this is how they operate. His play here honestly just doesn't sound like the Eddie I've played with in the past and I feel like he's only playing up this ruse in order to get town read.

FB
- I wanted to approach FB differently than I have in the past. In a game where me and him both subbed out, I had ignored the meta I was given on him and misread him horribly. In another recent game, I had took my time with reading him and my initial read on him was right. I was hoping this game would go like the latter in order to test my theory on how to read him but sadly it didn't seem like it was going to based on , , . Nothing is objectively wrong with these posts but due to their tone and the player behind them, they sort of demand being answered and I don't do well with that sort of thing. Mainly because if I'm forced to interact with you just to do it, as in there is no purpose to the conversation, it is going to be a struggle for me to figure out your alignment.

All that aside, none of that is AI, just a classic play style clash. The problem I have with FB is the awkward way he sort of came to Eddie's defense right after I voted for him. In and , he points out that Eddie is crumbing a PR and shouldn't be lynched because of it. This is odd to me for a couple reasons. He just voted for Eddie in . The tone of this post reads vastly different from his posts previously and while his reasoning, active lurking, is NAI, it is a tell for quite a few players on this site. Second, I believe town is more likely to keep the fact that they noticed someone crumbing to themselves and either immediately move their vote or focus on someone else. There is also town no motivation of pointing out such crumbs because it just makes scum job easier.

My theory is that him and Eddie are partners and his vote for him in was a way of saying that he better get in here and start posting. I believe his defense of him came out of fear that he be would wagoned for his play. Or if scum have Day chat, a staged event in order for them to get immediately town read.

Key
- Just has felt really off to me. I haven't played a game with him in a while but I remember as town, he tries really hard to solve the game in his own way and just gets scum read for it all the time. I'm not seeing that here but I may be misremembering. Recent town and scum games from him should hopefully put my suspicion to rest.

Umlaut
- I'm scum reading him for his entrance. It sounded a bit too overly cautious. His vote for Alisae reads like scum who didn't want to have to come back to any unwarranted pressure. His sort of joke like comment after he gave his reasoning for voting him read like an attempt to distract from peoole focusing on the vote. I believe town are more likely to just check in and state that they are v/LA due to traveling.

TL:DR: I have reads and I feel strongly about them.
Uzi, great post, but I have a caveat and its kinda a major one. This is pre-flip, dawg. I have only seen pre-flip be accurate a few times and its mostly due to shear luck rather than anything that shows that the player doing the pre-flip is gosu.

You should re-thing this. I am worming up to the idea that Eddie is Scum, but I don't have a read on most of the others yet including Fire. Key is prolly the closest to a Town read I have out of your Scum reads, but its not that strong really. Otherwise, I like this post a lot because it shows effort and game solving.
is winning me over to be honest. I'll probably end up either moving Key to null or town reading him once I have time to do a quick meta dive.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:42 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Transcend, me, Lickety, and LUV are all probably town. We should do a block.
I would invite Eddie, but like Eddie is too busy being Eddie.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:48 pm

In post 603, Transcend wrote:Hello thread
Hi.

Penny for your thoughts?

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:51 pm

In post 606, Firebringer wrote:Transcend, me, Lickety, and LUV are all probably town. We should do a block.
I would invite Eddie, but like Eddie is too busy being Eddie.
IDK if you are being needlessly complex here or what.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:52 pm

Post by Firebringer »

What am I being complex about?
Show

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:55 pm

In post 609, Firebringer wrote:What am I being complex about?
If those are your reads, that's fine, but realistically expecting all the people who want to put in this Town block isn't going to work.

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:56 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 607, LicketyQuickety wrote:
Hi.

Penny for your thoughts?
alisaee is scummy

lowell is scummy

there's other scum but those are my two targets of interest

my top 5 townreads in no particular order are probably you luv eddie chicka and arona

that avalanche dude is also probably town
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:56 pm

In post 610, LicketyQuickety wrote:
If those are your reads, that's fine, but realistically expecting all the people who you want to put in this Town block isn't going to work.
EBWOP

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:57 pm

In post 611, Transcend wrote:
In post 607, LicketyQuickety wrote:
Hi.

Penny for your thoughts?
alisaee is scummy

lowell is scummy

there's other scum but those are my two targets of interest

my top 5 townreads in no particular order are probably you luv eddie chicka and arona

that avalanche dude is also probably town
Why is Eddie Town?

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 612, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 610, LicketyQuickety wrote:
If those are your reads, that's fine, but realistically expecting all the people who you want to put in this Town block isn't going to work.
EBWOP
But if i try hard enough maybe they will all see they are all town and we can be a super fun town block that wins the game.
Show

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by Transcend »

i could tell you why or i could post a baby skunk

i'll go with the latter

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:02 pm

Post by Transcend »

if lq doesn't want to be in the tb just replace him with chickadee

she has cookies!!!
Avagantimos
Avagantimos
Goon
Avagantimos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:26 pm

Post by Avagantimos »

In post 611, Transcend wrote:alisaee is scummy
Alright, cool, that's a step.
UNVOTE:
In post 611, Transcend wrote:lowell is scummy
And you were doing so well.
VOTE: Transcend
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:26 pm

Post by Transcend »

why do you disagree with me
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:28 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 375, Fro99er wrote:Lil Uzi Vert (6): Firebringer, Creature, Eddie Cane, chickadee, Lowell, gerryoat
this is the pique of the uzi lynch

lowell is my best guess for scum on it. his vote on luv was kinda sickening.

you tell me who you think is scum on it.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:43 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 617, Avagantimos wrote:
In post 611, Transcend wrote:alisaee is scummy
Alright, cool, that's a step.
UNVOTE:
In post 611, Transcend wrote:lowell is scummy
And you were doing so well.
VOTE: Transcend
I think transcend is still ding well.
Show

Avagantimos
Avagantimos
Goon
Avagantimos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:50 pm

Post by Avagantimos »

In post 618, Transcend wrote:why do you disagree with me
I have an ISO. Check it out sometime.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:54 pm

Post by Transcend »

i cangemy mind

avawhatever is probably scum
Avagantimos
Avagantimos
Goon
Avagantimos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:57 pm

Post by Avagantimos »

In post 611, Transcend wrote:that avalanche dude is also probably town
Was this supposed to be me? Cool.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:01 pm

Post by Transcend »

it was

but i'm just plain omgusing you now

i don't see how my reads paralleling with yours is worthy of being unvoted and my reads not paralleling with yours worthy of being voted.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”