Mini 1898 - Inception Mafia - The Hub (GAME OVER)

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:18 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i'm glad this ended when it did because i could lose internet for 24 hours tomorrow.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Neko Tail
Neko Tail
Townie
Neko Tail
Townie
Townie

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:20 pm

Post by Neko Tail »

That's something i will explain when I arrive at school (really gotta leave)

Basically we had to adjust the setup because it was unwinnable for scum
It was unfair modifying the setup during the game, and probably a bastard action, but Tbone gave us permission if we believed it made the game unplayable

So we gave scum a 20% perception vig
1shot
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:20 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Gj gerry, you fooled all of us. Still think the setup was very townsided, if scum was townread that widely in a normal game there's no way town could've won.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:21 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 399, Not Chara wrote:that might've helped, it was a good environment to slip in as it was.

go town for winning.
i was wrong on all of Mathblade, Hiraki, and gerry. stellar play, Chara.

how'd scum kill BTD?
Factional ability given to us halfway through the game. Pretty much if we left BTD6 alive it was no longer Mafia.

Good eyes on the slip Not Chara. I was kinda hoping you'd forget.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:23 pm

Post by Not Chara »

like, all of my reads were wrong and i was one of the unviersal townreads. i have to reevaluate for later games. basically, i can't meta math as town just for being disagreeable, i should have realized Hiraki's apology over his mistake was too much and seemed to be damage control, and i shouldn't have let gerry coast just because of an early townread.

that we won besides that does indicate how townsided it was. possibly. though i know other people had better reads than i did. i thought it wasn't but just a small grouping of town completely destroyed it. the only kill scum got off was on someone who no one actually trusted, and was only alive due to their claim.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I knew if I killed BTD6 it was a scum claim either way so I stalled for time arguing cop shit when I knew I was going to be checked I was just trying to eat time. The more fighting there was the harder it was to read. Then when I got caught I wanted to make sure you all knew I liked you <3
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:24 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I think if maybe I hadn't have slipped Hiraki and Gerry could have ran it tbh.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:24 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I think this setup is a good example of how if the mechanics are too complicated it takes away from the game. Even if it was balanced (which would be very hard to do with a setup this complex), we were focusing too much on mechanics instead of scumhunting. I think we were right to do so, but it just made the game less fun imo.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I did the results as a last ditch effort but it was more just stalling at that point.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:25 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 402, Infinity 324 wrote:Gj gerry, you fooled all of us. Still think the setup was very townsided, if scum was townread that widely in a normal game there's no way town could've won.
changing the rules midgame to give that poor team a chance also indicates that.
scum would've benefited from factional abilities from the start. especially since the only barrier in front of the cop was perception and a single miller/godfather. and there were a lot of ways to deal with perception.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:26 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 407, Infinity 324 wrote:I think this setup is a good example of how if the mechanics are too complicated it takes away from the game. Even if it was balanced (which would be very hard to do with a setup this complex), we were focusing too much on mechanics instead of scumhunting. I think we were right to do so, but it just made the game less fun imo.
Agreed. Honestly I think a cop in the setup broke it.

This would have been great flipless mafia otherwise. Seriously I was telling the truth about all that.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:28 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 407, Infinity 324 wrote:I think this setup is a good example of how if the mechanics are too complicated it takes away from the game. Even if it was balanced (which would be very hard to do with a setup this complex), we were focusing too much on mechanics instead of scumhunting. I think we were right to do so, but it just made the game less fun imo.
yeah we spent a lot more time arguing about optimal strategy instead of scumhunting. it was pretty draining.

having us lose if the deadline went through also added a
lot
to the stress. feels a bit like a bandaid to give scum a chance instead of a mechanic?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I may mod a hardcore (flipless) VT Heaven game here soon actually. Back to roots I think would be good for MS and would rope in new people.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:28 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I think if you maybe took out one of the mechanics (what would it be like if you couldn't kick for example?) and gave scum factional powers I might play this game again. I like the idea of it being difficult but not impossible to get flips.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:29 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 403, MathBlade wrote:Factional ability given to us halfway through the game. Pretty much if we left BTD6 alive it was no longer Mafia.

i'm surprised no one else picked it up.

i'm not usually an advocate for slips but that one didn't have any other explanation. i think if you'd left it there instead of posting "but if you can, don't post it" i would have been way less confident of it even being a real (or faked) slip.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 411, Not Chara wrote:
yeah we spent a lot more time arguing about optimal strategy instead of scumhunting. it was pretty draining.

having us lose if the deadline went through also added a
lot
to the stress. feels a bit like a bandaid to give scum a chance instead of a mechanic?
I think the game was true to inception as limited time exists in dreams.

If there wasn't a cop I think people would have had to focus on hunting. Which ironically probably would mean Town loss.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 414, Not Chara wrote:
In post 403, MathBlade wrote:Factional ability given to us halfway through the game. Pretty much if we left BTD6 alive it was no longer Mafia.

i'm not usually an advocate for slips but that one didn't have any other explanation. i think if you'd left it there instead of posting "but if you can, don't post it" i would have been way less confident of it even being a real (or faked) slip.
I actually came up with an idea namely that I was actually talking with EAP and context was off. It would still be a scum claim but then decided against it and let it run because by then new dream thread when I came up with the idea.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 414, Not Chara wrote:

Yeah we were talking out where to go on certain things and I just fucked up.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I am okay with releasing scum PT FYI
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:34 pm

Post by Not Chara »

when Hiraki responded the way he did to the slip, it almost discouraged me from pursuing it any further due to potential embarrassment. if i'd been in a vacuum with no other players to give feedback i might have backed down.

considering how we had the game one with like 3 conftown, however, i'm not sure it would have mattered. but Hiraki going to limbo instead of being main thread lynched would have added some uncertainty and no conf-town Leonshade, so maybe not.

speaking of, McMenno's role was too powerful. in town hands it immediately made him impossible for scum to lynch, and if he hit suspicion later he could just die and bring someone else back.

i did like my role a lot. pity we didn't lynch at all until we were lynching
everyone
at once, or i would have gotten to use it.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:38 pm

Post by MathBlade »

No hard feelings for trolling y'all?

You did great Not Chara Town MVP. IMHO. Your reads were wrong originally but you led Town really well.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Post by Leonshade »

Oh, I was right on Infinity after all haha.

There were some really unique and interesting ideas in this setup, but by the time we got down to one scum, winning was pretty much inevitable. Maybe it's a matter of results bias, but it seems like this setup can be won by getting a handful of strong townreads and killing everyone else. I'd be interested in playing a similar setup again (the idea of entering someone's subconscious would be really fitting for a game based on flavor like Psychonauts or Persona), but nightless plus infinite lynches is pretty town-sided.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:40 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I agree with townsidedness. I just hope I made it fun for everyone. <3
No hard feelings Leonshade?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:41 pm

Post by Not Chara »

no, that was Almost. ;> i only helped by being trustworthy. no idea why this game was the one where that happened.

no hard feelings, it was fun. but next time don't do it until you're dead and flipped. it convinced me that the cop on you was correct. otherwise i might've gotten it in my head to try and help you, and doubt the slip too.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:41 pm

Post by gerryoat »

this was fun but like impossible to win, i think i was townread well though. i wish we had stronger abilities, really. thanks for hosting, scout and dunn! if there is another that's more balanced, i'd definitely join!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”