Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3950 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 3:06 pm

Post by Accountant »

Actually, I would really enjoy discussing with Kublai about what it means to be a robot or AI and why that is good or bad. That seems to me less tedious than repeating the same moral truths over and over.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #3951 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 3950, Accountant wrote:Actually, I would really enjoy discussing with Kublai about what it means to be a robot or AI and why that is good or bad. That seems to me less tedious than repeating the same moral truths over and over.
Why bother? You'll just be repeated "free will is bad" over and over because you can't construct logical arguments.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3952 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 3:33 pm

Post by Accountant »

That is not why I like robots and AIs. Even leaving aside the question of free will(I believe that humans can avoid free will, so they are no different from robots in moral terms).

What I want to know is why you think being a robot is bad. I definitely took your calling me an AI as a compliment. Frankly, it makes me happy to think that someone would compare me to a robot. But why does that make me troubled?

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3953 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Sesq »

tbh i think this ideology came about from acc's autism

not in like a jokey "haha autism is dumb and bad" way, i mean this legitimately. i was misdiagnosed with it for a while so i'm fairly knowledgeable on the subject

wanna hear what other people think about this conclusion
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3954 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by Accountant »

Autism doesn't give you the ability to see self-evident moral truths, so I doubt it. I don't think my autism has anything to do with my moral beliefs - actually, I would say that in general, being neurodivergent doesn't necessarily change your moral beliefs in significant ways.

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3955 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 3:46 pm

Post by Sesq »

not in that area

my point is about the content of these "moral truths", not your attitudes toward them, i dont think neurodivergence has any quantifiable effect on these beliefs, at least not that i can see in this case
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #3956 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 3952, Accountant wrote:What I want to know is why you think being a robot is bad. I definitely took your calling me an AI as a compliment. Frankly, it makes me happy to think that someone would compare me to a robot. But why does that make me troubled?
Again. No. The downside to being smug and righteous is that nobody will want to engage you in topics you're interested in.
In post 3953, Sesq wrote:tbh i think this ideology came about from acc's autism
I got the same vibe. But I'm not trained to diagnose anything.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3957 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3956, Kublai Khan wrote:Again. No. The downside to being smug and righteous is that nobody will want to engage you in topics you're interested in.
I will take that as the case of me having nothing to worry about. Thus, all I can do is thank you for your compliment.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3958 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 3:58 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3955, Sesq wrote:not in that area

my point is about the content of these "moral truths", not your attitudes toward them, i dont think neurodivergence has any quantifiable effect on these beliefs, at least not that i can see in this case
idgi

suppose I was born without autism. Why wouldn't I continue to believe that eg. order is good, murdering people is bad?

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3959 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by Sesq »

order is the main thing i think

i mean yeah most people believe killing is bad.

i know that within personal life order is often heavily favored as not to be a stress factor
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3960 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by Accountant »

do you think that only autistic people like order? that all non-autistic people secretly worship moloch and can't wait for the heat
death
rapture of the universe?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3961 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3959, Sesq wrote:i know that within personal life order is often heavily favored as not to be a stress factor
doesn't this just lend more credence to the idea that my beliefs about order are separate moral beliefs?

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3962 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 3960, Accountant wrote:do you think that only autistic people like order? that all non-autistic people secretly worship moloch and can't wait for the heat
death
rapture of the universe?
false equivalency

upholding order as the most important thing literally ever =/= liking things to be orderly =/= preferring a bit of chaos and unpredictability =/= wanting everything to die
In post 3961, Accountant wrote:
In post 3959, Sesq wrote:i know that within personal life order is often heavily favored as not to be a stress factor
doesn't this just lend more credence to the idea that my beliefs about order are separate moral beliefs?
what you mean
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3963 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3962, Sesq wrote:false equivalency

upholding order as the most important thing literally ever =/= liking things to be orderly =/= preferring a bit of chaos and unpredictability =/= wanting everything to die
in the first place, someone who likes stuff to be orderly values order. thus, it's not surprising that I also value order, just a tad more than most people.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3964 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 5:21 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3962, Sesq wrote:what you mean
if everyone uses order to avoid stress, then why chalk up my love for order to autism and not normal stress avoidance

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3965 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 3963, Accountant wrote:
In post 3962, Sesq wrote:false equivalency

in the first place, someone who likes stuff to be orderly values order. thus, it's not surprising that I also value order, just a tad more than most people.
*tad* more as in thinking slaves escaping is bad
In post 3964, Accountant wrote:
In post 3962, Sesq wrote:what you mean
if everyone uses order to avoid stress, then why chalk up my love for order to autism and not normal stress avoidance
not everyone, some people are totally fine under pretty messy conditions, such as myself. what causes this is your EXTREME devotion to this one thing, however, i think is that

you seem not to really have a solid sense of scale
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3966 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Post by Davsto »

Can this not turn into "people with no professional skills armchair psychology with Accountant" because that's just silly and we know it is
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3967 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 6:59 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 3946, Accountant wrote:
In post 3939, MarioManiac4 wrote:1) I will be dead in a few centuries. From your point of view I will have been doomed to live as an evil person for the rest of my days. As a follower of the correct path, would you not want to stop that from happening?

2) You're missing the point. That you was incorrect when they had never been wrong before, so why not you?
1) Yes, I do. That is why I am telling this to you. If you intentionally choose not to follow, then you have chosen to be evil and it is out of my hands.

2) Because that person was an incorrect person, and I am a correct person. Just because someone else is wrong doesn't mean I am too.
1) But you're not telling this to me. I still do not know all of the truths of your correct path!

2) What makes you more likely to be a correct person than them, or the other billions of people that do or have existed?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3968 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 7:10 pm

Post by rb »

In post 3966, Davsto wrote:Can this not turn into "people with no professional skills armchair psychology with Accountant" because that's just silly and we know it is
what if i have professional skills™?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3969 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 9:51 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3967, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 3946, Accountant wrote:
In post 3939, MarioManiac4 wrote:1) I will be dead in a few centuries. From your point of view I will have been doomed to live as an evil person for the rest of my days. As a follower of the correct path, would you not want to stop that from happening?

2) You're missing the point. That you was incorrect when they had never been wrong before, so why not you?
1) Yes, I do. That is why I am telling this to you. If you intentionally choose not to follow, then you have chosen to be evil and it is out of my hands.

2) Because that person was an incorrect person, and I am a correct person. Just because someone else is wrong doesn't mean I am too.
1) But you're not telling this to me. I still do not know all of the truths of your correct path!

2) What makes you more likely to be a correct person than them, or the other billions of people that do or have existed?
1) Well, what truths are you confused about? "Order is good, following the law is good, not murdering people is good", and so forth. Very simple edicts.
2) It's the fact that I am able to see the self-evident truths. It's not me who is more likely to be correct, but self-evident truths are certainly correct, and I believe in those truths.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3970 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 9:52 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3965, Sesq wrote:*tad* more as in thinking slaves escaping is bad
There's no real difference between someone who values order and someone who REALLY values order. They're fighting on the same side and count each other as allies. Trifles like disagreements over how far to take it are minor squabbles and disputes that will be set apart when the real evil come. No matter how much you disagree with me philosophically, if someone that is unquestionably evil like a rampaging chainsaw psychopath, or ISIS, decides to attack us, we would band together without hesitation to destroy the evil.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3971 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 9:53 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3965, Sesq wrote:not everyone, some people are totally fine under pretty messy conditions, such as myself. what causes this is your EXTREME devotion to this one thing, however, i think is that

you seem not to really have a solid sense of scale
elaborate?

Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #3972 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 11:04 pm

Post by Postie »

I think that traits like being more literal-minded can shape your worldview to be a certain way (and I think that that's the case with Accountant), but if so then it makes more sense and is generally less unpleasant to specifically talk about those traits rather than discussing Accountant's medical record.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3973 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 11:09 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Account just lacks empathy
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3974 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 11:11 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 3973, Not_Mafia wrote:Account just lacks empathy
Not true. I have been very empathic lately.

Return to “General Discussion”