UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:17 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

DEADLINE

11:59 PM CST (-6 GMT) Thursday, February 14th, 2008.

Rules updated to reflect deadline/lynch rule thingie
Last edited by UltimaAvalon on Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Jester »

Elmo wrote:
Jester
: I haven't, as far as I'm aware, baited ryan. I don't think I'd actually mentioned him at the point you said that; I think you're mixing me up with JDodge. Why were you voting destructor when you believed he was pro-town?
As I mentioned in my 195, it was a pressure vote, intended to get him to stop single-targeting. My vote on you was also a pressure vote, intended to get you to stop with the "Yes! No!" B.S. You've stopped that at least, but I'm still not entirely sanguine about you. I've read a number of completed games where you were a player, and you are normally much more active, useful, and involved than you are in this one.
UltimaAvalon wrote:DEADLINE 5:00 PM CST (-6 GMT) Thursday, February 14th, 2008.
mod:
This deadline doesn't strike you as a little... no, a
lot
short? Skruffs will have been in the game for five days when this deadline hits, and ryan's replacement won't have more than a couple of days to read and respond to 10 pages. In addition, we've got a number of players who are barely involved in this game:
# Flameaxe, 13 posts, only one longer than one sentence (and that one is two sentences long).
# JDodge, 5 posts, all but one three words or less in length (and on the strength of this alone,
vote: JDodge
).
# Lowell, 9 posts, most five words in length, and two identical! This seems to be Lowell's scum play style, from the games I've been in with him before.
FOS: Lowell
# DeathSauce, 10 posts, and only one of those in the last three weeks. Lurking, gone, or dead.
mod, prod DeathSauce, please.

# Tobiassen didn't post at all, and Skruffs hasn't had a chance yet to post any real content.
# And, as I've already mentioned, Elmo has 8 posts, but only three of those have any worthwhile content in them. At least he's actually started playing recently. A bit.
pickemgenius wrote:NEED MORE REPLACEMENTS
QFT. In the meantime, other than what's above, I don't have nearly enough information to make an intelligent judgment about who scum could be, and I doubt anyone else does, either.
I do not play MS on weekends; consider me on V/LA during them
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

I say we lynch DeathSauce.

VOTE: DEATHSAUCE
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Fos: Jester
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by destructor »

That deadline's a little hardcore.
Mod:
can you retract it or extend it or something? Like Jester said, Skruffs has only just joined and we don't have ryan's replacement yet.

And looking at the latest vote count, it seems like it'll be Elmo being lynched if votes don't change now, which I think would be a bad lynch for Day 1. Assuming Tyler posts some of that promised content, I'd be willing to lynch DeathSauce at deadline. If not him, then I'd advocate us voting another lurker off, such as JDodge or Lowell. Flameaxe has been about as good as a lurker, too.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

DEEEEATTTTTTHSAUCE

MUST

DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I'm fine with the deadline, it doesn't look like this town is going to pick up until they get close to lynch or lose anyways.

So does anyone have any policy-lynches they would like to advocate, it being day one?
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:27 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Vote Count

Flameaxe -
pwayne66 - Deathsauce
pickemgenius -
Jdodge - Jester
TylerJ - destructor
Skruffs -
DeathSauce - pickemgenius
Elmo - Flameaxe
ryan - Skruffs, Lowell, JDodge
Lowell -
destructor -
Jester - Elmo
Not Voting - pwayne66, TylerJ, ryan

12 alive, 7 to lynch

As it currently stands, no one will be lynched at deadline.

Answer to all questions about deadline extension: No
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:44 am

Post by JDodge »

Skruffs wrote:I'm fine with the deadline, it doesn't look like this town is going to pick up until they get close to lynch or lose anyways.

So does anyone have any policy-lynches they would like to advocate, it being day one?
I would like to be an advocate for the "lynch ryan" foundation. Remember this Tuesday when you head to the polls to vote for the right person - vote ryan: and keep him from fucking up
America
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:01 am

Post by Jester »

For the record, for all players not aware of this, UltimaAvalon has changed the rules for this game such that
ryan is now at L-1
. Check the rules post at the top of the game if you don't believe me. Ultima's latest vote count says "7 to lynch", but that's a lie. It's really 4 to lynch.

Please keep that in mind before voting. Keep in mind also that ryan asked for replacement, and nobody sane is going to replace into a slot likely to be immediately lynched.

::is about an inch from asking for replacement himself::
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Skruffs »

Why, Jester?
Vote : Ryan

Ditching a game when you are under pressure?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Skruffs »

yes, I know I'm already voting him.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by Elmo »

Huh. Wasn't expecting that. Ummm.

Jester: I thought that rule meant that a given player needs four votes to be lynched when the deadline hits; rereading, it seems ambiguous, though.

Mod
: Clarification, please?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:41 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Jester wrote:Ultima's lie.
No
Elmo wrote:player needs four votes to be lynched when the deadline hits
Yes
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:26 am

Post by Skruffs »

Oh look, dead line is today.
Shall we give scum an advantage and no lynch, or shall we try to trim their numbers down proactively?

The choice is yours, town.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:05 am

Post by Jester »

Oh, what a bunch of BS. Allow me to demonstrate.

As I write this, the deadline is 15 hours away.
unvote, vote ryan
. There. Now Ryan has 4 votes. Did the game just go into twilight? No, it didn't. Will ryan be lynched if I leave my vote there for a mere 15 hours?
Yes
, yes he will.
unvote, vote JDodge

Ultima is not telling the whole truth about how this last-second change to the rules works, and as far as I'm concerned, not telling the whole truth
when you're moderating a game
is as good as lying. If ryan picks up one more vote in the next 15 hours and that vote sticks, ryan gets lynched. Therefore, for the purposes of discussion, ryan is at L-1.

Setting such a freakishly short deadline, then not prodding inactive players when asked,
then
changing the deadline rules for this half-vote lynch,
then
putting that "As it currently stands, no one will be lynched at deadline." without explaining the alternatives gives the scum a free pass to lynch someone and then later be able to claim "Oh, but I didn't realize... I'm sorry..." That's why I posted my 236, and I'd do it again.

I've never been in a game on this forum where it felt to me like the mod was trying to manipulate the results. Until now.

But "As it currently stands, no one will be lynched at deadline." :evil:
Skruffs wrote:Shall we give scum an advantage and no lynch, or shall we try to trim their numbers down proactively?
Oh, and speaking of which, Skruffs, two things.
a) You've never explained why you're voting for ryan in the first place. I know why JDodge is voting for him. JDodge just doesn't like ryan. I've even got a good feel for why Lowell is voting for him. Oh wait, no I don't. But why are you voting for him? Someone sounds like scum here, all right, and it ain't ryan.
b) Oh, and by the f***ing way, no you
weren't
voting for ryan,
until
your 237. UA's vote count in his 234 is wrong, and I didn't realize it until your vote. You unvoted when you found yourself on a wagon with JDodge and Lowell, remember? You expressed disgust, in fact, that you were in a wagon with JDodge and Lowell. You
didn't
revote for ryan. You just voted for him in your 237. Why?
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:10 am

Post by Jester »

You know what? I forgot for a second that mafia's supposed to be fun. This particular game decidedly is not.

unvote
replaceplzkthxbai
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:18 am

Post by destructor »

Tyler has disappointed me. But I'm more willing to see DeathSauce gone right now.

Unvote
Vote: DeathSauce

To all the lurkers: you suck, seriously.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:22 am

Post by destructor »

Arg, didn't see Jester's posts....

DON'T LEAVE. You're like the only other person I feel is playing the game even half-decently, not that you are 'half-decent' but that says something about most of the others... That is to say, I'm not sure what's going to stop me from asking for replacement if the only active players leave. =/

Oh, and the 'lurkers suck, seriously' thing applies even more now. grr
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:24 am

Post by destructor »

EBWOP: "not that you are 'half-decent'" was meant to mean you're playing better than half-decent, like, proper decent. I thought I should clear that up quickly. I obviously can't express myself very well after 2am.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Skruffs »

Jester:
Take a deep breath. I know you don't want to see Ryan lynched, for whatever reason, but someone has to be lynched, or town loses an oppurtunity to kill scum.

I voted Ryan because I saw he was at, I thought, -1. I just replaced into the game, remember.

Also: Jdodge was the only person to respond to my 'policy lynch' question. Why didn't you?

:) As to why he was being voted before? No clue, haven't read, haven't spoken with my predecessor. Don't even know who my predecessor is.

The huge tantrum that seems to be based around Ryan's possible lynching in (so many) hours is bizarre and unexplicable, as is the request to be replaced. If he is scum, I'm advocating a Jester or Jester's replacement tomorrow.

If someone else votes DeathSauce, I'm willing to switch over. Why is he a good policy lynch? I've played with JDodge and Ryan before and can figure out why jdodge thinks so.

destructor - 'half decent players' don't ask to be replaced on a whim. Sorry, personal theory there, but if jester's perogative is only to play while the playing is good, then we will have to struggle on without his input. He seems fairly well worded and intelligent, but his impulsiveness, if town, would probably just endanger the town later on in the game anyways.

So we have two votes (equivalently four if someone else votes him) on deathsauce, and three on ryan. We need four on one of them before deadline hits to get any sort of lynch.
Mod: Please change title to reflect imminent deadline, and prod all players not posted since your last vote count
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Skruffs »

Here, I'll help:
Click on "Check my Messages", "Compose"
paste this into the "TO" box:
Flameaxe;pwayne66;pickemgenius;TylerJ;DeathSauce;ryan;Lowell
and then in the body type
"DEAD LINE IS IMMINENT IN [URL=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7024]THIS GAME[/URL] AND YOU NEED TO POST. THANK YOU."

then hit "SUBMIT".
Submit to Skruffs .^>^
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:06 am

Post by destructor »

I don't think Jester's asking to be replaced on a whim at all. In fact, I've considered asking for replacement myself more than a few times this game already due to how retarded it's been. Given that I think flaking sucks and would normally only do so if IRL commitments demanded it, that's saying something (because IRL commitments
aren't
demanding it).

Policy lynches are stupid. And one's on players who are being replaced and aren't even in the game anymore are even stupider. ryan wasn't decisively scummy this game but he was trolled, and so far as I could see, this is why he asked to be replaced. Fair enough, because, like Jester said, Mafia is meant to be fun.

DeathSauce on the other hand
has
been scummy, not provided content or shown signs of genuinely trying to even while posting. I say the lurkers suck because we can't begin building a case to lynch them with such a short deadline. So my vote went to DeathSauce since he already had one vote on him and was the only player in contention I felt deserved to be lynched right now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”