Micro 722: Limited Time Offer! Game Over...already!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:19 am

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 1.4
MarioManiac4
(2): beeboy , JasonWazza
JasonWazza
(2): Treblesome , MarioManiac4
beeboy
(1): Edosurist
Writers Bloque
(1): Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
(1): Writers Bloque

Not Voting
(2): GinghamDog, Zulfy
D1 will end when a hammer is reached or on June 9th at 7am or in (expired on 2017-06-29 07:00:00).
With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Mod Notes:

Searching for a replacement for JasonWazza

Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:51 am

Post by GinghamDog »

Less than two days to find a lynch.

I will vote within this block: Writers, Jason, the three lurkers
Writers Bloque
Writers Bloque
Townie
Writers Bloque
Townie
Townie

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:30 am

Post by Writers Bloque »

Spoiler:
In post 220, Sobolev Space wrote:Here we go
In post 211, Writers Bloque wrote:I mean when you apply Occam's Razor as a way to dismiss having to reasonably defend something with context, then you can use it so you literally never have to explain anything. You were basically asserting our scum game is so weak we get noticed the first few pages or I was explaining something wrong -- wait... we'll get to that
Lol. Every case at this point is going to based on assuming somebody's scum game is so weak they get noticed in the first few pages? Like I'm sorry if you think I'm insulting your scum game or something here but...

What you're arguing and what we're talking about aren't exactly the same though

You said we couldn't convince you our posts aren't faked.

If we can't "convince" you our posts aren't faked when that's a basic tenet of scum play then we're literally incompetent. That's what your stance has to be. Which is fine you just have to make people believe that you believe it
In post 220, Sobolev Space wrote: Every case at this point is going to based on assuming somebody's scum game is so weak they get noticed in the first few pages? Like I'm sorry if you think I'm insulting your scum game or something here but...
Not really. Directly implies that scum have to play poorly for scum to be caught early game LOL

Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 211, Writers Bloque wrote:
Sobolev Space wrote: I mean all of the above. It sounds like you threw out an explanation for your early suspicion of Mario to distance yourselves from others who were skeptical of him (i.e. Jason). Then when you were pressed on it you couldn't go in enough depth to make it look like it was something you really believed or had thought through.
Gee except you never said this though... let's revisit your initial post:
In post 183, Sobolev Space wrote: Something about their posts keep gut pinging me and their responses to my questions haven't been enough to convince me their content isn't faked.
This is a really ambiguous statement. At the time the implication to me here was you either have a vague read or a very specific one. Wait.. I guess we know what it is now, because once we started engaging, you literally now have several "reasons" to SR me in the post above. Like you picked "all of the above" multiple choice reasons to scumread us. If we were actually that scummy you wouldn't have made such a vague open to interpretation post here. It literally looks like you were trying to sort me (with the questions), this post here says that something is unclear, the correct procedure should be to interact with me to clarify what specifically is wrong with my posts. But it looks like you just doubled down as to not reverse your stance and put me as scum. I said before it reads like you were setting up to push me. Like you questioned me, I just answered the questions. It appears you had a problem with HOW I answered the questions, but rather than press that specifically, you just skip over that entire step and put me as scum. I don't feel like you actually sorted.
But like I did press you specifically on that. See for example posts , , , , , as one interaction. When you're asked twice "when should mario have brought that up" and the only answer you give both times is "well not at the start" its time to stop pressing the point because we're getting nowhere. Like idk how long you think I need to keep asking you questions before I can just call you scum.

I told you "not at the start". It's what I said and what I meant. This isn't a test. It's valid. Literally my position is that's not how to enter optimally and you're trying to invalidate it.
Sobolev Space wrote: You asking him questions and him clarifying them though is tangential to the part where you said your only problem is he had to start out with it. Like you can do one without the other. By distancing I meant that you were trying to not be lumped in with the others pushing him, not that you're partners with jason lol.
Who were the other people pushing him? Jason is the only one I recall.

I townread him? so if I were scum I wouldn't care about getting seen pushing MM4 with him
Sobolev Space wrote: You asking him questions and him clarifying them though is tangential to the part where you said your only problem is he had to start out with it. Like you can do one without the other. By distancing I meant that you were trying to not be lumped in with the others pushing him, not that you're partners with jason lol.
In post 211, Writers Bloque wrote:2. "Then when you were pressed on it you couldn't go in enough depth to make it look like it was something you really believed or had thought through."

"Appear a certain way or you're scum!" is what I read here. Literally nothing specific that I can respond to or clarify in capacity. If a motive is unclear you question it.. why push?
Lol I did question it?
What do you mean. I gave you an answer and you were clearly expecting a different one or a different type of answer (or you want to present that image)

If you want answers that satisfy you ask better questions? If my answer doesn't satisfy you there's still a thought process to my ideas

I still don't know how "When would be a better time for him to bring it up?" Is a question that indicates anything.

If me saying "not at the start" isn't a good answer I clearly had a thought process behind it... but no we just have to be scum I guess

There are also questions you can ask to sort us that involve anything we haven't commented on yet. Your posts imply you exhausted the options to develop a read on us and I don't think that's true.
In post 220, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 211, Writers Bloque wrote:I said that cause Gingham said "where your fascination with me comes from" like I was really tunneling her LMFAO. She said half my posts in the game at that point were about her, which isn't true. At that point in time 7/18 of my posts mentioned or replied to her. Not even tunnel. I was attempting to sort.
I don't see how trying to give your vote as little weight as possible helps you sort.
Votes have a lot of weight that's why they don't get just thrown around.
In post 220, Sobolev Space wrote: No I don't think you thought Zulfy was scum in . I think you were threatening him with rope to try to get him to post. That's literally the same reason I kept my vote there. Although I didn't especially like his two posts they weren't enough to merit a serious scumread. Yet you turn around later and say that you're not okay with people's votes being on Zulfy.
That's
the contradiction.

So I threaten people I think are town with rope?

I wanted him to post jokingly

The simple issue is you've taken an interaction that's not AI because I know him and made it AI. Worse yet you believe it to be.... a GENUINE contradiction lmao. I think we're both aware that it's not

You said "I'm not moving my vote off of Zulfy until he gets replaced or does something"

then did exactly that

who contradicted what?
In post 211, Writers Bloque wrote:Votes can be placed anytime. You can be lynched any time before the day ends. We weren't speedlynching anyone.

You're creating an issue where there is none.
I mean I don't see why town would keep their vote on somebody they TR when they have another legitimate scumread. What that looks like to me is scum trying to remain flexible. If I went after you hard you could switch your vote to me and 1v1 (as we're doing now) but if I decided to drop the issue you could just let it stay an offhand comment and move on with the game without being tied down to a strong scumread.

yawn more pressing about something that doesn't matter at all this is real exciting
Re: the repeated claim that I went from "0 to 1000" on WB. Let me give y'all a brief chronology of my read on WB. Early game: WB posts some stuff I find weird. I question some of it (like the mario timing question or the Zulfy thing) but don't overtly call WB scum. During this time I did mention in both my neighborhoods that I find WB a little scummy (my neighbors can confirm this if necessary) but I'm trying to question them first to sort. I mention I have a scumread on WB but am keeping my vote on Zulfy for now. WB mentions their scumread on me but doesn't vote me. I find their not voting me scummy enough to merit a vote and an overview of why I find them scummy. I question them on why they didn't vote me (spoiler alert: this question goes unanswered until I ask it again. But remember, according to WB I'm scum because I immediately start pressing them instead of questioning their motives). WB poorly responds to my case marking the official start of this 1v1. Anyway thats my read progression. It should be pretty clear that I did not go from "0 to 1000" as WB is claiming.

This is absolutely correct.

0-900

Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 220, Sobolev Space wrote:During this time I did mention in both my neighborhoods that I find WB a little scummy (my neighbors can confirm this if necessary) but I'm trying to question them first to sort.
Just checked and I actually only mentioned my scumread on WB in one neighborhood. In the other I made an early game comment along the lines of "I'm interested in seeing how WritersBloque answers my questions before deciding on my read on them".
Cool. Your push definitely looks organic now

- Zach
Show
You the dumb one... cause the same ropes I could have showed you to make it you getting hung from.

as

JC // Danny Myers
Our condolences
~ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
Treblesome
Treblesome
Goon
Treblesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:46 am

Post by Treblesome »

Ari, can you like have a rule against repeatedly prod dodging counting for avoiding prods?
Between Beeboy, Edosurist, and Zulfy there is literally one post containing alignment indicative content from Beeboy.
There's no real way for us to play the game if 1/3 of the game is completely absent.

As for the players, please replace out if you're not going to play.

-C
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:07 am

Post by GinghamDog »

^ Second that. I'm having a hard time staying active myself because there's so little going on.

Would you guys like to lynch one of these slots so we don't need a replacement? What are the chances at least one of them is scum?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:15 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I'm honestly fine with lynching any of Edos, Beebs, Jason and Zulfy.
WB is probably lower than null but is also producing content and is not particularly a scumread so I don't really want/need to push it right now.
Writers Bloque
Writers Bloque
Townie
Writers Bloque
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:30 am

Post by Writers Bloque »

Is there a good reason to lynch in the dark? Replacements will provide content if it comes to that.

Regardless of your opinion on us vs Scumbolev_Space our 1v1 is obviously significant in some way that hasn't been made clear yet. goes for Treble vs Jason too

Defaulting to lurker pool means you don't care about either of those things

MarioManiac4 wrote: WB is probably lower than null
Any specific reason besides the 1 thing at gamestart lol
Show
You the dumb one... cause the same ropes I could have showed you to make it you getting hung from.

as

JC // Danny Myers
Our condolences
~ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:31 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

because the chance of you having a scum role pm is higher than average
Writers Bloque
Writers Bloque
Townie
Writers Bloque
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:33 am

Post by Writers Bloque »

In post 232, MarioManiac4 wrote:because the chance of you having a scum role pm is higher than average
scanning post for facts

error: not found
Show

as

JC // Danny Myers
Our condolences
~ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:35 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

sinks
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:46 am

Post by Aristophanes »

ZZZX replaces JasonWazza!!!

Treblesome, I probably should have made stricter activity requitements, eh?
I'll see what I can do.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:53 am

Post by beeboy »

Ok ima go catch up now.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:44 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

How's the catch up going beeboy?

Also welcome ZZZX
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Gingham why aren't you voting now?
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 237, Sobolev Space wrote:How's the catch up going beeboy?
Rome wasn't built in a day
Treblesome
Treblesome
Goon
Treblesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by Treblesome »

In post 239, beeboy wrote:
In post 237, Sobolev Space wrote:How's the catch up going beeboy?
Rome wasn't built in a day
Actually though you need to hurry up because we don't have much time left and there's no excuse at this point.

-V
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:53 pm

Post by beeboy »

Towns
Writers Bloque: To some degree has been trying to get me to produce content (including our PT), I feel as though as scum they would just not bother doing anything and just watch me lurk out.
Treblesome: Kinda just doing town things, even if I don't particularly agree with the Jason read.
MM4: I didn't like him for awhile but was town.

Scums
GD: This post is basically a POE that scum reads all the lurkers and GD isn't even that self aware about it.

Others
Sobolev Space: Still sorting
Jason: ^
Edo: RIP
Zulfy: RIP
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:54 pm

Post by beeboy »

@GinghamDog Can you explain like all your reads to me, even 1 sentence is ok I just am really confused on how you can be town reading all the active posters.
In post 170, Sobolev Space wrote: I spent a while looking at this. I'm pretty sure it's town
Why?
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:56 pm

Post by beeboy »

I know this is going to sound really weird coming from my slot this game.
But I'd lynch a lurker (Zulfy/Edo) because there is huge incentive for scum to just lurk out the entire day phase and just not be paired up with any hoods and not have to worry about the night phase while town just destroys each other.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:56 pm

Post by beeboy »

@mod can we get an extension while you search / for the Jason replacement, it would be weird for a slot to just enter the night phase in this setup.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:07 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 244, beeboy wrote:
@mod can we get an extension while you search / for the Jason replacement, it would be weird for a slot to just enter the night phase in this setup.
In post 235, Aristophanes wrote:
ZZZX replaces JasonWazza!!!
I will, however, grant a 1 day extension.
It will be reflected in the next VC.
- Jingle
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by beeboy »

Yay :D
Treblesome
Treblesome
Goon
Treblesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:16 pm

Post by Treblesome »

Can you force replace Zulfy when his second prod hits regardless if he posts after that?

This setup has shortened deadlines. It's really not fair to us as players to have to plary around two slots that don't exist.

I would honestly suggest simply ending the game if something isn't going to be done to mandate higher levels of activity because 2 slots being total blanks going into a mostly permanent night phase isn't fair to town.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:21 pm

Post by beeboy »

We could just lynch Edos tbh.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Going into the night phase (along with that announcement) I will be changing prod deadlines to 36 hours, with 12 hours to respond in order to work with the limited deadline schedule of this game. I apologize that this was not done off the bat, I had not considered it though, and that is my fault.

I will not change it until then as it is unfair to those who expect the current prod deadlines to be in place.

If the new deadlines are unacceptable to players, they will have plenty of time to replace out at that point.

Sorry I cannot do any more this day phase!
- Jingle

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”