gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:19 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

VC 4.1
With 7 players alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

• Backhand
    (L-3): tictac

Not voting
    (6): Narna, Formerfish, Tchill13, Flavor Leaf, Backhand, iDanyboy

Mod Notes
: sorry about dying on everyone, really should have declared a v/la i havent been doing too great this past week
  • If you have any features you'd like me to add to the votecount program, let me know!
Deadline
is August 23rd, 2017 at 11:30 am (GMT -4:00), which is in (expired on 2017-08-23 11:30:00).
Last edited by gigabyteTroubadour on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:24 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Serious question. Why would virtuoso get NK'd instead of me? I thought for sure it'd be me the way I defended uzi and scum read mulch since day 1. That doesn't make any sense.
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:26 am

Post by iDanyboy »

In post 2701, Tchill13 wrote:Serious question. Why would virtuoso get NK'd instead of me? I thought for sure it'd be me the way I defended uzi and scum read mulch since day 1. That doesn't make any sense.
:down:
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:32 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Yeah that's not an answer idanyboy. If you're scum it doesn't make sense to kill virtuoso but keep me alive there.
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:34 am

Post by iDanyboy »

In post 2703, Tchill13 wrote:Yeah that's not an answer idanyboy. If you're scum it doesn't make sense to kill virtuoso but keep me alive there.
Why not?
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:37 am

Post by tictac »

In post 2699, iDanyboy wrote:But how can you scum read him for hammering day 1 when you admit town would do it too. As for the vote on Uzi/TIAM, 3 people voted for him only two of those can be scum why are me/backhand scummy but not Narna?
Who are you talking about in regards to unvoting at L-1?
What does reading projecting play style mean and what does it have to do with anything? You said monkey was emulating his town self, you can't know this without knowing his town gameplay, and I don't think Monkey has a completed town game so it is not possible for you to do so.
Different things are scummy for different people. There is no one size fits all solution.
chill might have hammered day 1 and I wouldn't scumread that (much) monkey does it and I do.
"projected playstyle" is the image people present from themselves. This can be either true(for town) or false(for scum). This is what I mean whan I say town-emulation.
Your jump on Uzi was scummy because you expressed no preference between them and displayed no thought process, and I find that unbelievable coming from you.
Narn reads like a site-vet who tunneled on town. His thoughts are visible and he reads like he believes what he is saying. He might be scum, but the behaviour is one I have seen from vets many times. It's not a playstyle I like, but it's null for him.

monkey unvoted 2mil on day 1.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:40 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Because I hard defended uzi and I've made it clear that mulch's was scum since day 1. I pretty much blamed everyone that had a part in mislynching uzi the reason for the loss if we lose.
Backhand
Backhand
Goon
Backhand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:48 am

Post by Backhand »

In post 2694, tictac wrote:well I was gonna yell at ya for fastlynching Uzi, but I'm feeling tired today.

"scumz foresaw their goon being called vanilla and had a plan of
self-sacrifice
in place"
^this is what needed to be true for Uzi to be scum.
I think it's
slightly
less likely than "Uzi played bad"

Admittedly this argument only occurred to me days after he was lynched.
And that is why ya don't rush a lynch and ya don't quickhammer.
Ya take the time to think and ya take the time to listen to counterarguments instead of jumping to "partner"

It's seriously twisted that not looking like a potential partner is more important than weigting the merits of all arguments before lynching. People look for presence of absense of "scumhunting" and logic, but they sheep neither. Site-meta says LAMIST is scummy, but it seems to be all anyone ever does.

If day 1 had a proper intent to hammer (takes rl-days) 2mil would have claimed properly I'm pretty sure, but monkey rushhammers and the slot walks away scott-free. I'm pretty sure that is because many of ya would have hammered in monkeys place. "gotz to be unhesitant in lynching scumz or I'll look bad oh no".
Thing is, monkey was emulating himself a town and monkey isn't one to do that. He seriously broke character with 2mil hammer.

VOTE: Backhand
This slot has rushed a lynch on 2 claimed town PRs now.
One of those lynches would probs have swung on Mulch had people had more time to argue for it.
Any reasonable town would lynch this today. I don't actually think it's gonna happen here.
Peace.

pedit: or scumz like the way things are going and don't want fresh perspective to mess things up.
I don't follow your point on Uzi--to me, it broke down to:

Mulch claimed a power role Day 1
Mulch claimed LUV was vanilla
LUV said 'nuh uh' and claimed that he had investigated Mulch to find out he was
not vanilla which he had already claimed
which makes no sense! We might have it out more after the game but to me it looked very much like a poorly-thought-out counterclaim to try and get a mislynch. I can't speak to why monkey scumread million, he seemed townie when I buzzed through Day 1, but its clear that he did, so why would that hammer be suspicious?

Maybe I did rush the lynch on LUV, but I wanted that whole situation to be over, I probably wouldn't play with mulch again which is partially on me for replacing in without checking more closely on the gamestate.

Anyway.

I don't think tchill should be off the hook for going after mulch. Mulch set himself up for that blaze of glory, he knew he would be going down. Seems like a very easy situation to bus for a player that was being deservedly otherwise scumread.

Alternately, Flavor leaf needs to get involved in the game.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:51 am

Post by Formerfish »

How is the hammer any more suspicious that Dany popping in and out of the thread to throw down shitty votes. Uzi saw scum there, I feel obligated to believe that now, and his vote on 2mil was shady as fuck yo.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:54 am

Post by Formerfish »

Also iirc multiple people said they'd hammer if a wagon got to l-1, transcend was an other. I would think it be more scummy to know that and to quietly ring someone up to l-1 in anticipation of a townie lol hammering after they said they were going to.

I think Dany is today's lynch.

VOTE: Dany
Backhand
Backhand
Goon
Backhand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:57 am

Post by Backhand »

Fish, you were all up on tchill before the mulch/LUV stuff, does him taking LUV's side push him townie to you?
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:57 am

Post by iDanyboy »

@Monkey
Why is it scummy for Monkey to hammer and not Tchill? And how did you determine that Monkey is Town-Emulating? I did display a thought process it was the fact that one of these two players are scum and I had a preference on Uzi so I voted him first. If you thought it was scummy why did you not say so? Why do you state a reason for town reading Narna but then call it a null read?

@Tchill
you wouldn't be night killed because before the Mulch/LUV situtatuon you were at L-3 and it looked like you could be lynched and since FF is still alive he might tunnel you so you could be lynched.

@FF
Please tell me which votes where shitty and why? The fact that you are lying about Uzi is scum reading me is not very good.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:02 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 2710, Backhand wrote:Fish, you were all up on tchill before the mulch/LUV stuff, does him taking LUV's side push him townie to you?
Yes, for now. I don't see him pushing the mulch the way he did as scum. The only reason would be to pocket me. If he is trying to pocket me then I'm going to let him until he is wrong. If he helps us lynch scum he lives.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:07 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 2448, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Fish, why does town Mulch claims to have had scum reads on Dany and tchill and believes they're better lynch candidates but checks me?
First, this is the post I was thinking about. I had the person wrong, it was mulch that scum read you. Since scum will throw out a buddies name and I am currently town reading Tchill that helps me feel better about my vote even with messing up some of the details.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:11 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1230, iDanyboy wrote:UNVOTE:
In post 1910, Transcend wrote:UNVOTE:

first to L1 gets hammered unless it's myself
In post 1912, iDanyboy wrote:VOTE: TwoInAMillion
In post 1914, Game Replacement wrote:What's your read there, Dany?
In post 1916, iDanyboy wrote:His vote on tchill sucks 'I don't see any pro town reason for a neighbor to lurk. He's not a cop or a doctor or a super important role. The only thing that makes sense to me is that he's scum.' What is this?
He also voted rb for being obvscum but when rb puts a vote onto me he jumps onto it. I just see him jumping onto any wagon and seeing what sticks.
This succession of posts suck. You unvote at 1230, come in like 700 posts later without saying shit, right after someone posted that as soon as a lynch, any lynch other than his own, gets to l-1 he is going to hammer. Your naked ass shit vote came in on 2mil to put him to l-2.

No offense Tchill, but the optimal play was to not kill the enabler and go after someone more likely to be scum at the time. The way you went about coming onto that wagon was bad Dany, and youre probably scum for it.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Formerfish »

That last part isn't directed at Tchill, it's saying I think that Tchill was the optimal lynch day 1.
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:22 am

Post by iDanyboy »

What's bad about my reasoning for my vote? Why has it taken you until Day 4 to say anything about it? How could you of been scum reading Tchill for 3 days calling him confirmed scum in , , and now you find me scummy for something I did on Day 1 that is not scummy and it takes you until now to say anything?

VOTE: FF
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:24 am

Post by Formerfish »

Well let's see, the day ended quickly on day 1 after you made that post. Day 2 was all about mulch and Uzi, after I came in pushing Tchill for what I though was a save by counter wagon on town (the one you helped push through day 1), day 3 was over in like 4 posts and I didn't even have a chance to see the thread opened up.

Where would I have just casually thrown out there that I also had a scumbag feeling from you. It's grown to be a scum read over fucking g days man.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:26 am

Post by Tchill13 »

VOTE: idanyboy

I like where this is going and I agree with the thought process.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:26 am

Post by Formerfish »

Because I am townreading chill now, and in retrospect of what else has taken place in the game your behavior is looking more and more scum motivated.

You get that reads can change based on new info right? K, just checking.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:33 am

Post by Formerfish »

Just realized something else, Mulch was the one that brought all this up on day 2 in a classic case of scum buddies trying to distance themselves from each other.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:36 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Brought what up?
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:37 am

Post by iDanyboy »

Reads can change but it's not natural to got from 100% scum to town reading someone for Tchill going for Mulch over LUV. I agree that makes him townier but it is not enough to clear him. You were convinced he was scum not that he had some scummy posts so it is unnatural for you read to switch like that over something that could easily be faked.

You haven't explained why my vote on TIAM is scummy? Is it scummy to want someone you think is scum lynched? You could of said you scum read me at the start of the day. This scumread of yours did not start on Day 1/2/3 it started now since you posted the scumteam of Uzi/Chilli/Leaf in .
Backhand
Backhand
Goon
Backhand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:41 am

Post by Backhand »

In post 2718, Tchill13 wrote:VOTE: idanyboy

I like where this is going and I agree with the thought process.
You two agreeing on something is pretty compelling.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:04 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 2722, iDanyboy wrote:Reads can change but it's not natural to got from 100% scum to town reading someone for Tchill going for Mulch over LUV. I agree that makes him townier but it is not enough to clear him. You were convinced he was scum not that he had some scummy posts so it is unnatural for you read to switch like that over something that could easily be faked.

You haven't explained why my vote on TIAM is scummy? Is it scummy to want someone you think is scum lynched? You could of said you scum read me at the start of the day. This scumread of yours did not start on Day 1/2/3 it started now since you posted the scumteam of Uzi/Chilli/Leaf in .
I did explain that, i think it is scummy because you knew that people were itching for a lynch and you pushed him further on bullshit reasons. Thats my explination. Dont like it, oh well. And I had another 2 night phases with tchill to change my read. Shit happened in our pt that makes me town read him now, and his pushing on mulch is allowing him some leeway. Again a lot has changed in the game state, my reads may not seem transparent in here but thats only because of shortened day phases. Dany were you on the mulch lynch?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”