Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Is that in reference to your previous stance of wanting to vote UT before he became Wicked so as to give some context to your vote and that it makes sense in the grand scheme of the game?

I have read that.

If there is a specific thing you think I have not read that you think I ought to have read and want an opinion on, well, I am here to answer your questions.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by Kagami »

"thanks to dan" is serious. It reflects a sense of relief that you have support in the conviction that xyzzy is scum, even if that support isn't the most friendly otherwise, which feels genuine-ish.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by Kagami »

AD, that's more or less correct, except that my concerns about the slot mostly evolved after wicked's replace-in. The vote was placed with concern for the overall flow of the day given deadline approaching.

The organization point was a minor one that struck me as odd without an appropriate explanation. I don't really understand why you're treating it as some super important thing to me given you're aware of the vote's context.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by ActionDan »

The way the vote was placed looked more like that minor point was the one that broke the camel's back, instead of a "deadline's approaching, fuck it" kind of vote, even though I understand that there's commentary about the bins wagon in the same post. What were your concerns about the slot after wicked's replace in? activity or content related? (or both)
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by Kagami »

I'm out for the night, but the tl;dr is:

I didn't see a reason for town-wicked not to lay out some thoughts about the game since he had been keeping up anyway. Scum-wicked would also want to post immediately, but it's possible that his reads while following along were sufficiently on point that it would be damaging to post them carelessly.

I don't really care much for the readslist. It doesn't seem terribly deep, despite being somewhat against the grain. I didn't like that it seemed heavily influenced by recent events, in contrast to what I'd expect from someone who had followed along. I didn't really notice the bulb thing that hito mentioned at the time, but I think it's a fair point in retrospect.

And PoE. There are some people off chesskid's shortlist I would not feel bad lynching, but the list is good enough that I don't care to stretch things on longer with a vanity wagon. I was more or less set on bins or wicked earlier today, the flow was heading wicked's way, and I'm ok with that. Deadline is basically here, and we should have time both to handle claims and let someone with no coke hammer.

Why is xyzzy the better choice (I'm assuming that's still your favorite)?
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by Ginngie »

If anyone scumreads me after that fucking post you need to seriously stop fucking playing mafia.

I'm reading up and I literally seeing people go, Ginngie seems town but could lynch him

"that looked genuine, still could lynch him"

What in the fuck?

Things I dont get
In post 817, Bins wrote:Anyways unfortunately I have two midterms tomorrow so I'm going to be taking a lil day hiatus from mafiascum
I'd highly recommend town look for another lynch soon considering we have a day left
I didn't soft PR very obviously for no reason

Ginngie is still a good option and xyzzy probably is too
The thing that's got me fucked up here, is that I pointed out many things, the only people you attack are people that vote you, you never gave reasoning to townread anyone, your xyzzy read made now sense.

You answer me that, then I'll back off.

In post 816, Cephrir wrote:
In post 776, Ginngie wrote:Let me say it louder for the people in the back "I've never had a game where another town player said my tone or posts sounded fake because I was 'trying to sound town'
We heard you we just don't care
In post 818, ActionDan wrote:
In post 816, Cephrir wrote:
In post 776, Ginngie wrote:Let me say it louder for the people in the back "I've never had a game where another town player said my tone or posts sounded fake because I was 'trying to sound town'
We heard you we just don't care
^
This is honestly tunneling a slot and I seriously don't like it given that the post I made was heavy with analysis afterwards.

It's like they chose to ignore it in order to not have to deal with it.
In post 854, hitogoroshi wrote:Ginn has literally never ever mentioned Kagami or Andrius, and only mentioned me once trying to get me to vote elli. so just cheering on "yeah! question that town read!" from the sidelines and otherwise just tunneling somewhere else REALLY puts me off. And it puts me off in a way where I'm specifically more inclined to believe Ginn is scum and Desperado is town (you don't do this cheerleading for your own scumbuddy). Town in a tunnel want a really tight and constrained lynch pool and definitely DON'T want a distraction off of their pet case, but scum always love to hear about some mislynches maybe being on the table tomorrow.
*coughs*

I said quality post because he said he spotted a difference in people's reasoning and he's trying to sort that because he says it's AI.

It's quality because Desp's motivation town as fuck.

I mean I can see how you think that, but the reasoning I said it was because I thought it was a town post, so yeah.

Also chesskid already hit the nail on the head but I don't get what the fuck Cephir is doing.

He could have at least said to Bins "no don't, let's get back to Ginngie"'

but he just sheeped Bins

I can't remember anything but I need to get active in what's going on right now

So what the fuck is up with jester?
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 930, Ginngie wrote:If anyone scumreads me after that fucking post you need to seriously stop fucking playing mafia.
:roll:
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:42 pm

Post by Ginngie »

Cephir you can stop throwing shade

and actually talk about my concern about you.

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:43 pm

Post by Cephrir »

You want me to scum read bins because she thinks your tone isn't genuine and town never does that so she must be scum.

I don't believe that's a good reason for bins to be scum, nor am I convinced that you're town anyhow, so....... why would I care?????
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Give a guy a minute to type sheesh
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 930, Ginngie wrote:He could have at least said to Bins "no don't, let's get back to Ginngie"'

but he just sheeped Bins
I'm not really sure what this is referring to. I'm voting elli because I think he's scummy and it looks like the votes are materializing
Bartleby the Scrivener
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by Ginngie »

That wasn't my concern

and now I remember what I was typing before I left.

My concern is that you've wanted my head for a long time and you followed bins on it.

Then as soon as bins left you followed her and completely forgot about me.

I don't get the motivation to have that strong of a read where you ask people to join and then leave the wagon at the drop of the hat(bins unvoting)

Also given that I laid about 3-4 reasons to be scum, you're ignoring most of it, and if you townread Bins, you could breakdown why it's all wrong.

And just caring in general is important because you can and will be wrong in mafia, and telling me you don't care means you're not actually wanting to solve slots, just push lynches and I find that scummy.

You also haven't talked any about why you scumread me because I checked. Your ISO is just rhetoric of "lynch Gin" but there isn't any actual substance over the read.

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 935, Cephrir wrote:I'm not really sure what this is referring to. I'm voting elli because I think he's scummy and it looks like the votes are materializing
your read on Elli is also non-existent, going through your ISO, you said you would lynch him, yet you never stated why you got that read.

and what's scuy about the vote hop is the fact that my wagon was at 3

and Elli was at 1

bins go over, and then you go over, and now that is 3 votes.

Literally nothing changes numbers wise so you can't even say it was to go on larger wagon.

It just really bothers me that you were so adamant about my lynch and then moved your vote onto someone else when your expressed reads on both Elli and myself are about the same.

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 937, Ginngie wrote:what's scuy
I hate the fact that my "m" key has been fucking up lmao

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Gonna be hard to answer those from a phone. Ugh.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:13 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Short answer: my reads are gut based and your more recent posting has given me some pause. Also I like changing my vote to pressure different places when I get bored of what I'm doing/I've gotten everything I'm going to get out of the person.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 936, Ginngie wrote:Also given that I laid about 3-4 reasons to be scum, you're ignoring most of it, and if you townread Bins, you could breakdown why it's all wrong.
I don't think it's required for everyone to disembowel any case they don't want to sheep.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 936, Ginngie wrote:And just caring in general is important because you can and will be wrong in mafia, and telling me you don't care means you're not actually wanting to solve slots, just push lynches and I find that scummy.
You sound like my mother. When I say "I don't care" she gets all upset that I don't care about anything when I was just saying that one specific thing makes no difference to me. Such is the case here. That point doesn't do anything for me. If you want to scum read me for not bowing down to that frankly self centered point that isn't ever going to be the kind of thing to appeal to anyone but you, fucking go for it.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:17 pm

Post by Cephrir »

My vote switch was proximally caused by wicked putting elli in his scum list. It reminded me elli existed and signaled that was a vote that might go there.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:17 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I say proximal because I'm aware I already gave a reason for that but I'm also remembering that was the direct imminent cause of it happening at that moment
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I haven't had an "adamant" opinion or read yet this game.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 939, Cephrir wrote:Gonna be hard to answer those from a phone. Ugh.
:3 I'm on a computer and have free time, I start to really show I'm town when I'm on a computer because I can use like 5 different tabs to research everything and quickly edit posts. On phone my thoughts are meh cuz I'm on the move or walking to class lol
In post 940, Cephrir wrote:Short answer: my reads are gut based and your more recent posting has given me some pause. Also I like changing my vote to pressure different places when I get bored of what I'm doing/I've gotten everything I'm going to get out of the person.
If it's gut based and hard to explain, I get that because I can do that too sometimes. I ask, can you remember the posts that gave you the gut pings? like even just seeing quotes I can try to see how people read a post as scum. Plus it helps me understand if you're actually paying attention.
In post 941, Cephrir wrote:
In post 936, Ginngie wrote:Also given that I laid about 3-4 reasons to be scum, you're ignoring most of it, and if you townread Bins, you could breakdown why it's all wrong.
I don't think it's required for everyone to disembowel any case they don't want to sheep.
yeah, you might have a point here that you don't have to disprove someone's case, if only you didn't
In post 933, Cephrir wrote:You want me to scum read bins because she thinks your tone isn't genuine and town never does that so she must be scum.

I don't believe that's a good reason for bins to be scum, nor am I convinced that you're town anyhow, so....... why would I care?????
telling me you found one point to disagree with in order to not listen to me.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 946, Ginngie wrote:can you remember the posts that gave you the gut pings?
You can ask but I'm not doing it from a phone and my computers on the fritz. Hopefully I can get that resolved tomorrow.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:28 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 946, Ginngie wrote:telling me you found one point to disagree with in order to not listen to me.
The thing you quoted was my response to your taking issue with my "I don't care about that" post wherein I quoted one part of your post and said I didn't care about it

I get annoyed when people start losing the thread because I always feel like it's intentional to make me look bad even though I know that's probably irrational.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:31 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 948, Cephrir wrote:The thing you quoted was my response to your taking issue with my "I don't care about that" post wherein I quoted one part of your post and said I didn't care about it
So you didn't care about that one part?

but I assume you took time to read the rest?

I'm confused here

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”