avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by avinashv »

FBI Agent has no reason to. While this does have the unfortunate side effect of outing the lone town power role, it has the benefit of giving us a single confirmed townie (or near-confirmed) on D1. And quite frankly, I'd prefer a confirmed townie to a cop who is looking for one single person who may die before even giving us results.

The scum are forced to either fake-claim FBI Agent, thus giving themselves away, or claim townie, giving us our confirmed. It's their choice, really.
Agreed. And gauging reactions from either the fake-claim or real claim's announcement will provide for some in depth analysis.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by avinashv »

Ythill: I
did
think it through; don't patronize me.

Go back and look at my post one more time. I agreed with him that
the FBI agent has no need to false-claim
. I guess I should have split up his quote into two, as my second sentence was directed at the rest of what he wrote; and yes, I do stand by that in a mass claim situation the reactions would be useful. I never said that I would or wouldn't support a mass claim, though.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:38 am

Post by avinashv »

Because then we have one confirmed townie. The math is already shown in earlier posts. One confirmed townie means a lynch has a better chance of hitting scum, from a purely statistical standpoint. Factor in human deduction, and you're on better standing. Add to that the FBI might have played a little strangely and could have trigger someone's scumdar.

FoS: camisade
. I'm your second most suspicious, but Jdodge isn't lynch-worthy? Then who's your most susipcious.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:41 am

Post by avinashv »

Oh, just realized:
FoS: Senthaniel
for putting Jdodge at L-1 for what is a weak reason.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by avinashv »

I don't think JDodge is a strong lynch candidate based on the reasons presented here---I don't particularly have a read one way or another on him, and these stats are just that...stats. It doesn't make him lynch-worthy at all.

@goborage re #43: Last line really caught my eye--Ythill unvoted, yet you seem very eager to lynch JDodge for what I think are poor reasons.

@dave: I'm agreeing with JDodge so we're automatically scum-buddies? What if we are two townies in agreement? What if he is scum and we are in agreement on the matter? Hell, what if *I* am scum and we are in agreement? Weak, weak argument.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by avinashv »

...ok. My argument doesn't change.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by avinashv »

Of the two, I'd pick avin as scum
How about you do me a favor and post your current scummiest player?
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:23 pm

Post by avinashv »

I've played with JDodge before, and his play-style is...interesting :D. I never have a good read on him, because it seems that he's always a little scummy.

I've outlined already why I think a massclaim is a good idea (not what I was agreeing with in the first place, but I can't expect people to actually read my posts) and what I was *actually* agreeing to.

My PBPA:

@Ythill -- again, I only agree with
his reasoning
to the point where an FBI agent has no reason to false-claim.

@Dave -- lurkers are bad enough, but one who seems to think it is alright is even worse. As a pro-town play, that was a huge no-no, and as a scum play that seemed to be a tell.
FoS: Dave

@JDodge -- that Ythill vote was a bit random--I don't like the way you voted for him because it seemed that he attacked your integrity. For the moment I am putting this down to playstyle. Do you have a more...robust reason?

@camisade -- #72 was a big deal for me. You're essentially attacking him for having (and sticking) to an opinion. In #70 I most definitely agree with JDodge that you were fishing. Furthermore, JDodge is no longer at L-1, so you could happily vote for him, but you haven't done so yet. You just made my number 1 suspect.
Unvote, vote: camisade

@Senthaniel -- you seemed a bit jumpy when saying that JDodge and myself were the only candidates worth considering for a lynch--this is because we happen to agree on something. Trigger happy, much?

@gorborage -- I'm not convinced you were telling the truth about the #43 debacle. There's nothing you can do or say to change my mind about this, for pragmatic reasons, I just thought I would let you know. You asked me to explain my stance, mentioning you would unvote when I did. You seemed unconvinced; but where is my unvote? If you had already made up your mind, why ask me at all? Furthermore, you claimed I was SK because I agreed with JD. Why can JDodge not be SK for bringing up the entire thing to begin with?

@Jenter -- I'm interested in your PBPA. I am having the toughest time reading you right now. Your biggest contribution turned out to not actually be yours--you've really only made three posts with any significant analysis (correct or incorrect). Gun to my head I'd say you were town--but only because I've got bigger suspects. So yeah, PBPA!

Mod: thanks for making an active effort to have a vote-count on each page. That's
awesome
. I hope you keep it up.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:57 am

Post by avinashv »

@JDodge, #62 compared with #65? Yes, I agree. I'm not sure how much I put that down to him playing devil's advocate for his PBPA (as he should), but it's definitely something to think about.

@Ythill -- you haven't yet posting since my last post, but I see now that you're the last person left to vote. Based on what has happened since your PBPA, who would you vote for?
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:54 am

Post by avinashv »

@Senthaniel - you completely avoided my question.

@Dave - I do need to nitpick, and honestly, I didn't make *that* much of a deal about your not posting. I stand by that you originally came off as a happy camper lurking away in the background, but if you're here and posting when you think it's relevant, I guess that's better than nothing. Try making some posts without being asked to.

@camisade and whoever else commented about my post on JD's playstyle -- his playstyle is hard to get a read on. From what little meta-gaming I've done and from what minimal experience I've had in a game with him, I haven't been able to get a read. For the moment, there are people who are, to me, far scummier. Again, I've said this already: I don't have a read on JD because of his playstyle. It seems more statistically likely that he is town than scum.

@camisade: you're taking my words out of context. I said that you called JDodge your #1 suspect, but voted me. I wasn't saying he is lynch-worthy for *me*, but based on what I read from your previous posts, for *you*. I hope that's clear; yes, I think that was a misunderstanding.

@Yhthill -- re: 83. No, I've never discussed this on MS. Feel free to look at every post I've made on this site. I had no intentions of any sort, I was simply agreeing with JD because people were making kind of strange arguments (all of which, by now, have either been fixed or finished off). I never tried to push or incite anything, rather, I was forced to make my argument valid against you (that's a collective you).

re: 84 You say I am scumhunting, and then go ahead and vote for me. Again with the buddying to JD. As for the Jenter thing, I was making a point that his contributions up till then had been sparse. Whether that mathematical redundancy was his or not is irrelevant, it barely added to the flow of the game.

This is a strange turn of events, because the vote seems a little rash. A bit of a BW has started on me as the focus shifted away from JD, and it seems that you're trying to capitalize on that. Not much to go on, but definitely worth mentioning.

@Jenter -- firstly, it's a major peeve of mine when people feel the need to do a PBPA, include themselves and call town.
FoS: Jenter
. I find it's a scummy way to try and associate the word "town" with "Jenter". You seem to be rehashing arguments against me. The buddy-buddy with Ythill was either one of two things. (a) You're scum, and your worried that Ythill is going to out you so you're trying to get on his good side. (b) You're both scum, and you're trying to get Ythill on the town's good side. I'd have to say, based on what I've outlined in this post, that (b) is more likely right now, but I will agree that Ythill has been--for the most part--consistent and logical in his play. What I don't agree is that only pro-town players are consistent and logical. You called JD out for putting good mafia players out in the cold, but here you did just that.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:53 am

Post by avinashv »

Firstly, I will apologize about the (a)/(b) thing. Obviously the possibilities that you mentioned are definitely possible, I just felt they were unlikely at that point. I should have mentioned them though, yes, and that was my bad.
This is my view is a far more serious error than calling town on oneself - you have failed to even mention obvious possiblities which include me NOT being scum, thereby trying to associate my name with being scum.
I honestly don't understand this sentence. I'm not trying to be grammar police, mind you, but I tried reading it twice and that was too much.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:08 am

Post by avinashv »

Yes, thanks. My previous post's defense stands, then.

@Senthaniel: I just went back and looked, and apart from the similarities between my view on you with Ythill's, I don't see much rehashing. He disagrees with me on Dave, actually rehashed *my* argument on camisade later on, and takes a different approach or angle on everyone else. I'm glad I caught that, because I chalked that down to coincidence--now I know. If there's something I missed, please, point it out.

@gorborage: you haven't posted since my last PBPA on page 3.
Mod: I don't know when he last posted, but is it time for a prod yet?

@camisade: I know it's just one day late, and I've been guilty of lateness myself in other games, but where's that post?
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:33 pm

Post by avinashv »

@camisade -- thanks for the input; I understand that real life catches up to you :D.

@goborage --
goborage wrote:Ya I guess I should have said "convince me and I'll unvote".
That's a supremely underwhelming answer to the many points I made. You've just bought a lot more attention on yourself. Care to give it another chance, this time addressing certain things? And again I find myself asking why you did not unvote me. Was the reasoning not satisfactory? Say so.

Did you mean JDodge's talk about mass-claiming? There was no roleclaim that I saw, unless I am severely mistaken.

I'm a little amazed that thus far you haven't found anything else really to talk about (except for the Dave/Ythill thing) except for myself and JDodge and the claim debacle. I've seen plenty of scummy talk, but you seem real eager to have me lynched; case in point with the baiting of a potential unvote if I explained my stance.

I agree that it is a little suspicious that Ythill came to Dave's defense very quickly--but I don't think that because he did that when Dave had no votes, they are scum buddies. I should mention that I feel that Ythill voted for me because of what seems to me my calling Dave out.

I've already made it clear that I think Dave is the least useful person in the town right now: gun to my head, I'd say he was scum, but even if he isn't, he's not a useful asset to the town by any means. I have by no stretch enough material to make a solid read on him.

In the end, I don't think that they are potential scum buddies because Ythill defended him when Dave had no votes; no: to me, the biggest suspicion is that it was Ythill that defended him. Ythill has managed to create this character that plays "Consistent, logical" (to quote Jenter) play. While I completely disagree that it automatically makes him pro-town, it does make him reasonably active, and for him to defend Dave's extremely passive and a hinderance of a role is suspicious. Calling us out on pointing a finger at the weakest poster in the game is also suspicious.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:08 pm

Post by avinashv »

...why?
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #15) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:37 pm

Post by avinashv »

I will be busy for 2 days; expect no posts.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #16) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:32 am

Post by avinashv »

I'd like to say that I never abandoned my stance...I don't know where people got that from. I did let that argument go, because it was going nowhere. If that's what you meant, fair enough.

Furthermore, if I'm attacking other players, it's because they did something I felt was scummy. May not be the best from someone else's point of view, but it's how I feel I should scum hunt here.

JD: why is Senthaniel your #2, as opposed to say, me?

Ythill: When you posted that gob was a weaker poster than Dave, I wholeheartedly disagree. Dave has picked it up a little since, but he was not helpful at all before that.

Dave: are you voting for me because I am active?
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #17) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by avinashv »

I would think it's glaringly obvious that I don't want to be--I'm trying to reasonably ask you for some reasoning...you said you will, and that's cool.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #18) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:12 am

Post by avinashv »

JD: Thanks for the input. I've highlighted some similar lines of thought in my earlier posts--I didn't touch on the fact that narrowing down the list of FBI agent's is strange considering he is against a mass claim. I see you're not putting this down to a slip--fair enough. I will stand by Jenter in asking why mafia-hunting isn't a priority for you?
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #19) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by avinashv »

Yet another prod at Dave: you never answered me on my last post three days ago.

goborage: you seem to be admittedly not going on much on your claim that I am SK--is there no-one scummier here in your opinion?
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #20) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:43 pm

Post by avinashv »

Oh dear. I'm here, sorry. Reading and responding.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #21) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:51 pm

Post by avinashv »

Wait, was that just me missing the "deadline" by Ythill?

Damn. I just got off exam week. Have a good game guys.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #22) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:53 pm

Post by avinashv »

Mod
: I'd like to apologize for not picking up the prod much earlier---I was on a self-imposed Internet ban for finals, and it was totally my bad for not informing you. I appreciate the extension to the deadline and whatnot, but it looks like I didn't get enough time from the people here.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #23) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:17 am

Post by avinashv »

I actually stopped posting because I figured I was lynched, if I counted that right.

I'm town; you'll see shortly enough.

I'll say that Ythill is suspicious because he keeps trying to force the fact on others that he is playing pro-town; the only thing he did the latter half of today that was not scummy was to wait to give me time to respond, or to let people unvote.

Dave is highly suspicious--I think that has to do with misunderstanding, but he's been called out for a lot of things (I've been a part of this), and, in my opinion, they are right.

Oh, Ythill: I go to the University of Michigan. http://umich.edu is the website. Look up the academic calendar and you'll see that I'm not talking out of my ass.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:28 am

Post by avinashv »

Great play scum.

My vote for MVP is on JD--I think he played the best game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”