Mini 1975: A Village in the Woods (Game Over!)

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:49 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

do all of you who want ibuki think there are 2 scum teams or that ibuki was scum with moz or ibuki is 3p?
balance among all things
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:50 am

Post by Ghostly Penguin »

In post 946, Hopkirk wrote:@Ghostly: I treat gimmicks at NAI. It does not make me like Fern.
I'm not townreading the gimmick. I'm townreading the lines of inquiry and approach within the gimmick. Him calling himself top dog and the rest of us losers is most definitely NAI, and it's hardly endearing.
You quoted my post in 896. I asked UC why he thought your lack of posting was intentional as I believed it was due to being busy. Can you clarify whether you misinterpreted it?
In 895 you say UC is an easy lynch. You make this a point against Ibuku. In 899 you scumread UC yourself. Do you feel this is a contradiction?
I don't know how Ghostlin interpreted it precisely; my take on all three of your posts was that Ghostlin thought it was useless posturing from UCV and that your playing into it at all was also useless. I'm inclined to think that it was useless on UCV's part (I'll also note that he has yet to get back in here with relevant content beyond commenting on our (lack of) posting while being run up) and I'm not sure where you were going with it. I'd have been inclined to ignore the exchange and see what shook out, but Ghostlin's a bit more confrontational than I am.

UCV is probably viewed as a not-difficult lynch. The issue with Ibuki pushing it is that there's zero mention of any suspicion on cytheflyguy before UCV's replace-in, no specifics on what makes UCV likely mafia, and a feeling of being happy to lynch almost anyone here. Contrast that with my scumread on the slot: it's been specified since Day One, continues with a call-out on UCV about what I feel is missing from his play to make it pro-town, and we aren't tossing around lynch choices like confetti here. So no, I don't feel that it's a contradiction.
Cookies killing Joey was a thought I had. Dreal’s role might have weird stuff like that included. The workings of mine (as I mentioned before) are not fully explained.
Like I said, we'll be taking that possibility into account. If I squint really hard I can see our cookie acting like a vig shot, and I suppose given advertised ambiguity that could be the case. Flavor implies an assailant though, whereas our role PM is very clear that we're giving someone a cookie, not giving them a cookie and then smacking them around.

--PA

P-edit: OK, drealmerz7, what's your take on us then? FTR, when you said 'intent' we weren't hammerable. Looking back on it, we were never actually at L-1, since Ibuki unvoted, but in between our claim and your 'intent' Raya36 unvoted and Ibuki explicitly voted elsewhere. Why are you townreading Ibuki? You said a while ago that Ibuki hadn't struck you as bad. Anything more specific?
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:08 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

PA, I'm only trying to read ghostlin

having watched your method of playing in Maplewood I have zero delusions into thinking I can read you based on how you are posting and am only looking for logical inconsistancies from your posts (which I don't figure you to slip up on anyway)

I don't hardly ever put stock in a line of thinking like "ghostlin was like this as town in this 1game and is not like that here so is more likely scum" or "ghostlin was like this as scum in this 1game and is like that here so they are more likely scum" - but that is actually the sense/thoughts I'm getting here with ghostlin

I was in a game where he was scum the same time he was in maplewood and I saw 2 very distinct abilities in playing (he's got a muuuuch stronger town game if I am only looking at those 2 examples) - what I'm seeing here with him I'd say is very likely scum if he were solo, but with your posting it's harder to discern and with me not really having been "with" the game much I'm hesitant to have any position of much confidence

my main thing with ibuki is that I'm not nearly convinced there are 2 scum teams, and I don't see any way ibuki is scum with moz

I think there could be a PGO, and the PGO might not even be explicitly told they are, (like in my maplewood game, perhaps their flavor is just highly suggestive that they're PGO)

I think there could be a 3p, and it could be ibuki, absolutely, but I don't care atm and after I suggested that idea their wagon built pretty fast and it just makes me think "ah, scum think they've figured the 3p and are trying to remove it"
balance among all things
Ibuki Meowda
Ibuki Meowda
Goon
Ibuki Meowda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:16 am

Post by Ibuki Meowda »

In post 940, mutantdevle wrote:VOTE: Ibuki

Who do you live with and why should we believe you’re masons instead of scum partners? (I’m assuming Ibuki lives with someone and hence probably has a PT with them since they asked drealmerz if he lived with anyone after he claimed).

this is a really bad post lol
Ibuki Meowda
Ibuki Meowda
Goon
Ibuki Meowda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:18 am

Post by Ibuki Meowda »

my role is confirmable though so if you want to leave me alive go ahead and do that
but i'm not really gonna say i want to be here LOL

not really gonna give more info than that
bins/dreal you two should trust me
Ibuki Meowda
Ibuki Meowda
Goon
Ibuki Meowda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:20 am

Post by Ibuki Meowda »

i'm consistently playing dumb or scum with fern
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:27 am

In post 917, drealmerz7 wrote:I don't see how the slot posits the possibility of it being 10:3:1 if they're town

if it's 10:3:1 Ibuki is not scum-buds with mozamis and it doesn't make sense to go for 3p so why push that slot or hold that idea?
In post 952, drealmerz7 wrote:I think there could be a 3p, and it could be ibuki, absolutely, but I don't care atm and after I suggested that idea their wagon built pretty fast and it just makes me think "ah, scum think they've figured the 3p and are trying to remove it"
We had two nightkills. Assuming our cookies aren't secretly shapeshifting cookies that come back to life and shove people's heads in the dirt, both those kills came from scum, as neither makes sense as a vig shot. That means two anti-town factions. In a game of this size, it's either 2:2 or 3:1, and as we said, 2:2 makes more sense to us given flavor, voting patterns, and revealed/known to us town power. We could be utterly off-base and it's 3:1, in which case I'll agree it's unlikely Ibuki is groupscum. Even in that case though, we're scum reading Ibuki independently of other factors, so it's not much concern to us whether they flip scum or 3p. Hell, if they're 3p, they're actually an ideal lynch here--eliminate 50% of the NKs, sounds pretty good for town to me. And if groupscum are helping in that...more power to them? Why do you seem to disagree, if I'm reading your posts right?

I'm still betting that Ibuki flips not-Blade groupscum, especially with the refusal to claim, but right now I'm not picky. Tomorrow I'd be picky depending on flips and NK(s).

--PA
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:30 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

can you tell me why 2:2 makes more sense given flavor?
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:41 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I hate when ppl won't claim at L-1
balance among all things
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:54 am

In post 952, drealmerz7 wrote:PA, I'm only trying to read ghostlin

having watched your method of playing in Maplewood I have zero delusions into thinking I can read you based on how you are posting and am only looking for logical inconsistancies from your posts (which I don't figure you to slip up on anyway)
Also, I haven't rolled a real scum role/played with anti-town intent for 3.5 years because hiatus. I have no idea how I'd play as scum these days. Happy to point you to my 2014 scum games, but I suspect they'd be of limited utility.

--PA

P-edit: Flavor-wise, the part where mozamis flipped purple scum and town has flipped green indicates a secondary scum team in the purple folks. The other aspects of the game are stronger indicators for me. Your role for example: at this point I'm assuming you're either paranoid or insane. That means your first result at least is very likely going to be misleading unless you're lucky enough to investigate someone who dies that night. And even then you're going to need multiple results to know if you're paranoid or insane. That's a dangerous role at best, one that mislynches at least one town at worst. Assuming Bins is town, as seems likely, if you'd gotten her mislynched, your neck would be in the noose the next day. Adding in the possibility of cross-firing counters that to some degree. Elsewhere, Bins has claimed inventor, which means her PR effects don't go off until at least Night 2. Our role is most likely useless. (If we are responsible for Joey_'s death, this all goes out the window, obviously, but I'd be pretty annoyed if we were; in the meantime we have to assume hoofbeats mean horses, not zebras.) On the flip side, scum flipped a straight-up roleblocker. So either town have a lot of power and we've coincidentally uncovered only the worst PRs, or scum need a way to mess with an opposing scum faction. Looking at what's flipped from NKs as well, Joey_ is either a role/flavor cop or a back-up, neither of which is very strong. And ABR was TRUST, which I'm assuming was something like an activatable IC or a neighbor of some type. Activatable IC isn't bad, but it's not a sledgehammer either. So in a 10:3 scenario, that's five known PRs that are low powered or low/negative utility.

Add in what I've said previously about the NK choices and the wagon, and there seems to be a lot pointing toward two killing factions, high likelihood of 2p each.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:25 am

Post by Hopkirk »

UNVOTE: Ghostly
Reread the iso. Better than I thought. I don't want to lynch Ghostly, especially with the CV claim.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Out of the three main wagons, right now I'd probably lean towards Raya.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Bins »

I like GP's claim.

Raya is still the better wagon. Unless y'all wanna yolo lynch UC Voyager, which I'm also down to do.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Bins »

VOTE: Raya

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:02 am

Post by Bins »

Ah, this is just as much as voting UC at this point.

Please weigh in.

gtkas
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:03 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:03 am

In post 949, drealmerz7 wrote:aye, ghostlin is just a decent lynch whereas others at this point will be shite lynches and non-informative

I think UCV, raya, and mutant are more likely scum than ghostly at this point, but ghostly certainly isn't ruled out any not even close to a townlean so...it's a good lynch
This is pretty god damn close to "I think GP's pretty close to null, because information reasons, I have other scum reads but I'm tempted to push this lynch anyway" which if I was actually honest-to-god scum reading you, would earn you a 'go fuck yourself' and a vote. The Ghostlin of a few years ago would of done exactly that. We have literally NO scum motivation to tell you all of this if we were scum killing Joey. If we were more transparent, our avatar would turn into just a fucking square. So I will tell you to 'go fuck yourself' and go play with our Town reads.

PA is also a very important part of this hydra and the whole 'you guys should know better' from us even mildly entertaining the fact of scum reading you and then your cavalier dismissal of her is insulting to both me and her, so you've earned two 'go fuck yourself's here. Also, you're literally letting ibuki go with 'there's no reason to scum read me' and not claiming at L-1. WHY. WHY ARE YOU FUCKING DOING THIS, DREAL? YOU SHOULD KNOW FUCKING BETTER. WHY IS TOWN DOING THIS?

--Ghost (and approved by PA via discord)
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:31 am

If you want some fresh takes, the following is all true:

1) We believe that Bins and Dreal are both town. There's little way that I see scum Dreal and scum Bins trust another player with what happened Day 2, and both reactions are pretty god damn organic.
2) Raya is good lynch--PA will talk about this more (I wanna kind of twitch about ibuki for a moment, and god fucking dammit, I'm gonna)
3) ibuki borrowing dreal's shtick of 'you have no reason to scum read me' and refusal to claim is really fucking scummy if you think about it and their play for 2.5 seconds.
4) if UCV is Town this game, he's probably the easiest lynch this game. I'd rather raya and/or ibuki--I played a game where we lynched him Day 1 recently and I'll post that on request. I've not seen anything from him seeming that he's a stronger player as of late. (I don't think he is Town, and PA scumread cy prett hard)
5) Hopkirk and for me to a lesser extent, DD, are Town reads. PA had a PMysterious town read, and we're BOTH TRing Fern.
6) playing PoE for a moment, that really leaves us with UCV, Raya, ibuki in most configurations where we aren't a lethal baker.
7) I believe there is no gamestate where ABR gets shot by a Town agent and that Town agent DOES NOT claim. I actually don't care too deeply if it's 10:2:1, 9:2:2 or 9:3:1; we lynch scum, which means we lynch from 6.
8) I believe there is no state where a Town player kills Joey, claim or no--that's where the whole 'I think we have two anti-towns shooting' comes from.

That's where I am on this game state. PA is probably similar with a few tweaks, but nothing that would involve hydra dissonance.

-Ghost
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I'll only be online for at the very most most two more hours, then I'll be offline until deadline- and obviously unable to change my vote or anything.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:23 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 966, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
In post 949, drealmerz7 wrote:aye, ghostlin is just a decent lynch whereas others at this point will be shite lynches and non-informative

I think UCV, raya, and mutant are more likely scum than ghostly at this point, but ghostly certainly isn't ruled out any not even close to a townlean so...it's a good lynch
This is pretty god damn close to "I think GP's pretty close to null, because information reasons, I have other scum reads but I'm tempted to push this lynch anyway" which if I was actually honest-to-god scum reading you, would earn you a 'go fuck yourself' and a vote. The Ghostlin of a few years ago would of done exactly that. We have literally NO scum motivation to tell you all of this if we were scum killing Joey. If we were more transparent, our avatar would turn into just a fucking square. So I will tell you to 'go fuck yourself' and go play with our Town reads.

PA is also a very important part of this hydra and the whole 'you guys should know better' from us even mildly entertaining the fact of scum reading you and then your cavalier dismissal of her is insulting to both me and her, so you've earned two 'go fuck yourself's here. Also, you're literally letting ibuki go with 'there's no reason to scum read me' and not claiming at L-1. WHY. WHY ARE YOU FUCKING DOING THIS, DREAL? YOU SHOULD KNOW FUCKING BETTER. WHY IS TOWN DOING THIS?

--Ghost (and approved by PA via discord)
do you see me pushing your lynch though? I simply like to talk about possibilities sometimes - you're not a bad lynch as far as things go is where I was at, and it is usually quite hard to organize a good lynch this close to DL, so I was willing to go with it at a point - this is no longer true and I'm about to vote raya which is who I've wanted for a while

I didn't intend to cavalierly dismiss PA, not in the slightest, sorry it seemed like that

I'm not ignoring what she says in the slightest if that is what you thought I meant?

balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:28 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 967, Ghostly Penguin wrote: -readslist stuff -

-Ghost
ummm, what about mutant?
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:30 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

to elaborate where I WAS at with you, ghostly, was yes, a nullish read with some scumish pings and seeing you as a decent lynch as far as information goes and a few +s for scum-potentiality

I much prefer other lynches, at this point my order is

raya
mutant
UCV
ibuki
balance among all things
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:11 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 967, Ghostly Penguin wrote:If you want some fresh takes, the following is all true:

1) We believe that Bins and Dreal are both town. There's little way that I see scum Dreal and scum Bins trust another player with what happened Day 2, and both reactions are pretty god damn organic.
2) Raya is good lynch--PA will talk about this more (I wanna kind of twitch about ibuki for a moment, and god fucking dammit, I'm gonna)
3) ibuki borrowing dreal's shtick of 'you have no reason to scum read me' and refusal to claim is really fucking scummy if you think about it and their play for 2.5 seconds.
4) if UCV is Town this game, he's probably the easiest lynch this game. I'd rather raya and/or ibuki--I played a game where we lynched him Day 1 recently and I'll post that on request. I've not seen anything from him seeming that he's a stronger player as of late. (I don't think he is Town, and PA scumread cy prett hard)
5) Hopkirk and for me to a lesser extent, DD, are Town reads. PA had a PMysterious town read, and we're BOTH TRing Fern.
6) playing PoE for a moment, that really leaves us with UCV, Raya, ibuki in most configurations where we aren't a lethal baker.
7) I believe there is no gamestate where ABR gets shot by a Town agent and that Town agent DOES NOT claim. I actually don't care too deeply if it's 10:2:1, 9:2:2 or 9:3:1; we lynch scum, which means we lynch from 6.
8) I believe there is no state where a Town player kills Joey, claim or no--that's where the whole 'I think we have two anti-towns shooting' comes from.

That's where I am on this game state. PA is probably similar with a few tweaks, but nothing that would involve hydra dissonance.

-Ghost
Any particular reason as to why I am excluded from this list? I am assuming you still view me on the same level as Hopkirk.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:12 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 969, drealmerz7 wrote:VOTE: Raya
You were already voting Raya.

Also, you've mentioned a few times that you scum read me. Care to elaborate?
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:13 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 968, Hopkirk wrote:I'll only be online for at the very most most two more hours, then I'll be offline until deadline- and obviously unable to change my vote or anything.
Would you consider hammering Ibuki before you leave?
I mostly just lurk now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”