Team Mafia 2018: Mafiosi Revolution (Over)

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Votecount 44

3 Mulch (Kagami, implosion, Spiffeh)
2 Eddie Cane (Chara, Kmd4390)
2 Kagami (Firebringer, Mulch)
1 Cabd (Toranaga)
1 Ginngie (Patrick)
1 Kmd4390 (UnaBombaH)
1 Spiffeh (Ginngie)

4 Unvote (Aristophanes, Cabd, Cheetory6, Eddie Cane)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
The deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-05 00:00:00), on Sunday, February 4 at 11:59 pm EST.

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1618, Chara wrote:i don't feel that Eddie's meta argument for why Mulch-town is really Mulch-null is all that genuine. not that it looks fake, but i haven't been able to parse it for alignment one way or the other.

Eddie: would appreciate you reading the full game if you're able. if not, doing some ISOing and some work would help me see town. i don't believe that's the case but if you're town i think you can show me eventually.
it isn't really "skimming" that i did, not the right word. i followed along with the game and other than the mulch-fire shit at the beginnign i read most of the posts and made random comments at transcend on discord. i just didn't follow too closely, only really in depth followed mine and alisae's (followed by this and invetion the shithole games - haven't touched mathblade's i can't stand opens). also, i don't need to show you eventually explciitly, you've seen me you know i obv town. i've been mislynched once unless i'm forgetting something in like the past 20 town games on this site, and i had both scum caught (hi rc and gerry xd) it was just a bad town (hi luv xd) (was also not my town game technically it was a hydra but shrug i did most of the posting cough cough mastina). you will not be lynching me itg.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1626, Eddie Cane wrote:(hi luv xd)
If you want to see a fun game check Twoninamillion's normal. I was about to be mislynched day 1, boon saved me, I ended up catching 2/3 scum in which one was LUV :cool:
Amrock#3784
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by Chara »

UNVOTE:
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1623, Mulch wrote:
In post 1620, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1614, Mulch wrote:
In post 1612, Kmd4390 wrote:
In post 1607, Mulch wrote:
In post 1604, Kmd4390 wrote:Mulch what case? The one that transcend quoted that caused the swap?
Yeah it read as really towny to me. Bad but towny.
What about it felt town specifically?
Basically, eddie has a history with me. Basically an ego battle on who can read each other more. I'm pretty sure he's come into the game thinking he was going to catch mulch scum from the get go, and was being conf-biased. It's hard to see that when someone is aggresively pushing your mislych but whatever. The case was desparate, a village desparation more than a manipulative desparation, it had genuine frustration and I finally could see why he was scumreading me, I can see where he is coming from. Plus it just felt towny. My best reads are ones that are kinda hard for me to explain but basically it felt more like viillage eddie than wolf eddie. Especially because how bad he would have looked when I flipped.

Is that a good explanation?
It also wasn't a case arguing why you were scum but why you weren't town.

But, anyways, I did come into this game very biased towards scumreading you. In the 66%~ likelyhood your team got at least 1 scum pm, I see very little reason you wouldn't take it. You know you are going to get scumread regardless because of that because you know boon tora me etc have enough experience with you to know your winrates and personal opinions on scum and town. You know you get lynched significantly less as scum... but also that people would be thinking you're scum here anyways. Town mulch would have to defend against the EXACT same stuff scum mulch would, so I don't see the motivation you would possibly have for not taking the scum pm to play the alignment you perform better at.

I'm well aware this is not a popular path to go down for reads due to WIFOM but its particularly relevant in cases like Creature and Mulch where one alignment is so vastly significant to the other. Its also what earns Aristo a ton of town points - he hates scum as much as ThinkBig IIRC. This also obviously isn't a lock and key situation because hell 33% of the time they didn't get a scum pm in the first place, but its a bias I'm aware of and don't think should be shut off.
You realize that I knew this and my team knew this too? We didn't get any scum role pms, and I'm telling you there is no way in hell I would ever play an open game or Alisae's game anyway. I just woulden't. I am always taking a normal game over any other game. I'm pretty sure I would take the scum role PM if we got one in the normal games but we didn't, we just didn't. I don't know how to convince you. Everyone that knows me well is calling me town brother. Not much more I can say. I'm just not scum

If you read me by my play maybe null maybe town? read me by other who know me I should be town by now.
There was no way I was playing any game besides a normal either. I believe that part at least.

On play alone, I would say you are a scum lean, but a full read. If boon gets to this point in the game and still townreads you, I'm going to reevaluate fully without the bias of picking pms and see where that gets me.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1629, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1623, Mulch wrote:
In post 1620, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1614, Mulch wrote:
In post 1612, Kmd4390 wrote:
In post 1607, Mulch wrote:
In post 1604, Kmd4390 wrote:Mulch what case? The one that transcend quoted that caused the swap?
Yeah it read as really towny to me. Bad but towny.
What about it felt town specifically?
Basically, eddie has a history with me. Basically an ego battle on who can read each other more. I'm pretty sure he's come into the game thinking he was going to catch mulch scum from the get go, and was being conf-biased. It's hard to see that when someone is aggresively pushing your mislych but whatever. The case was desparate, a village desparation more than a manipulative desparation, it had genuine frustration and I finally could see why he was scumreading me, I can see where he is coming from. Plus it just felt towny. My best reads are ones that are kinda hard for me to explain but basically it felt more like viillage eddie than wolf eddie. Especially because how bad he would have looked when I flipped.

Is that a good explanation?
It also wasn't a case arguing why you were scum but why you weren't town.

But, anyways, I did come into this game very biased towards scumreading you. In the 66%~ likelyhood your team got at least 1 scum pm, I see very little reason you wouldn't take it. You know you are going to get scumread regardless because of that because you know boon tora me etc have enough experience with you to know your winrates and personal opinions on scum and town. You know you get lynched significantly less as scum... but also that people would be thinking you're scum here anyways. Town mulch would have to defend against the EXACT same stuff scum mulch would, so I don't see the motivation you would possibly have for not taking the scum pm to play the alignment you perform better at.

I'm well aware this is not a popular path to go down for reads due to WIFOM but its particularly relevant in cases like Creature and Mulch where one alignment is so vastly significant to the other. Its also what earns Aristo a ton of town points - he hates scum as much as ThinkBig IIRC. This also obviously isn't a lock and key situation because hell 33% of the time they didn't get a scum pm in the first place, but its a bias I'm aware of and don't think should be shut off.
You realize that I knew this and my team knew this too? We didn't get any scum role pms, and I'm telling you there is no way in hell I would ever play an open game or Alisae's game anyway. I just woulden't. I am always taking a normal game over any other game. I'm pretty sure I would take the scum role PM if we got one in the normal games but we didn't, we just didn't. I don't know how to convince you. Everyone that knows me well is calling me town brother. Not much more I can say. I'm just not scum

If you read me by my play maybe null maybe town? read me by other who know me I should be town by now.
There was no way I was playing any game besides a normal either. I believe that part at least.

On play alone, I would say you are a scum lean, but a full read. If boon gets to this point in the game and still townreads you, I'm going to reevaluate fully without the bias of picking pms and see where that gets me.
Why are you scumreading me on my play and let me show you why it's wrong :]
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by Mulch »

Also chesskid scumreading me is high end bullshit and scummy

Yeah
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by Mulch »

I'm feeling in a great mood rn

Also hosting another turbo tonight if people want to join

fire? Eddie?
Amrock#3784
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I have no word better than gut, sorry. My case was because I have nothing over gut, and I think I've said this like 4 times but I wanted to show people that their reasons for townreading you were bad because you do those things actively as scum too - they should have you at null if anything. Again, it hinges on boon, we use the exact same tells (read the apartment scum pt if you really want to see us talking about it a lot of the convo took place there) though he has more experience with you. If he townreads you, I'll accept I'm at least decently probably wrong and reread fully.

Do we need to keep rehashing this convo or can I move onto reads :P

and nah on the turbo, sorry, gotta sleep its early but i was up til 6 last night and had to wake up at 10 for an exam so i'm tired as ffuck
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Mulch »

:facepalm:

Sigh
Amrock#3784
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1627, Mulch wrote:
In post 1626, Eddie Cane wrote:(hi luv xd)
If you want to see a fun game check Twoninamillion's normal. I was about to be mislynched day 1, boon saved me, I ended up catching 2/3 scum in which one was LUV :cool:
pretty sure i actually skimmed that game a little bit i usually skim normals and themes
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Where the hell is cabd
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by Mulch »

Town tend to win when I am not mislynched day 1

In fact I don't think I've ever lost a town game in which I wasn't mislynched day1

Don't quote me on that but thinking back I think this is true
Amrock#3784
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Mulch, I dunno. It's entirely possible that transcend said hey Eddie can you write up a really good case on mulch for me and that's what he came up with. If you said it came across as genuine that's one thing. But you're going with this whole ego battle thing that basically implies he didn't even believe in the case which doesn't really sound all that town to me.

Eddie, man you were obvtown as mutton lol. But wasn't Boon's other game that I linked the large you're talking about?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1610, Mulch wrote:
In post 1605, Mulch wrote:but I do want to know why transcend is meta reading me when he said he dosen't read me on meta/
Eddie can you just ask transcend this please
he said its not really meta; he knows the limits you pass when you are scum, you passed them, you aint dun nuttin to make 'em think youre town

paraphrasing direct questions is annoying
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1639, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1605, Mulch wrote:but I do want to know why transcend is meta reading me when he said he dosen't read me on meta/
he said its not really meta; he knows the limits you pass when you are scum, you passed them, you aint dun nuttin to make 'em think youre town

Also just personally it really feels like shit to have your emotions called fake btw
Amrock#3784
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1636, Firebringer wrote:Where the hell is cabd
give him some time. he got laid off wednesday and is probably busy.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1638, Kmd4390 wrote:Mulch, I dunno. It's entirely possible that transcend said hey Eddie can you write up a really good case on mulch for me and that's what he came up with. If you said it came across as genuine that's one thing. But you're going with this whole ego battle thing that basically implies he didn't even believe in the case which doesn't really sound all that town to me.

Eddie, man you were obvtown as mutton lol. But wasn't Boon's other game that I linked the large you're talking about?
Transcend didn't ask me to write anything. I tagged him, said here's a favour because they're giving you shit for not writing cases and stuff when that's not you, especially since I agreed with his push. It still wasn't a "really good case", I don't think any single person has referred to the case positively actually.

Was it? I didn't click the links, I went by the descriptions. It would be dumb for me to try and argue why your meta on transcend is wrong and he was town when I'm biased by seeing our green pm. I just wanted to reply to the points you made and see if you had actual transcend meta (though I've been in 2 larges with both of you). Is it the link you're talking about? The descriptions didn't match my perception.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1640, Mulch wrote:
In post 1639, Eddie Cane wrote:

Also just personally it really feels like shit to have your emotions called fake btw
Do you think I should reasonably be confident that those are genuine emotions? Faking emotions is something I've done many times as scum (and town actually), you've done many times as scum, many others. Since you pride yourself on being able to replicate your town meta as scum almost flawlessly, how am I supposed to know your emotions aren't fake? In beneath the mask you faked a blowup and emotions.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

OKAY readz time ><
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by Patrick »

Back and forth on the last page or so seems very town to me. No doubt all Mulch attackers and Mulch himself will tell me he produces all that stuff as scum anyway, but meh

One question though, why Firebringer town? On ISO he's one of the few players I don't get any town feel from any posts. Not much scummy there either, but I can easily imagine his posts as scum.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by Ether »

Toranaga has been prodded.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1645, Patrick wrote:Back and forth on the last page or so seems very town to me. No doubt all Mulch attackers and Mulch himself will tell me he produces all that stuff as scum anyway, but meh

One question though, why Firebringer town? On ISO he's one of the few players I don't get any town feel from any posts. Not much scummy there either, but I can easily imagine his posts as scum.
I’m unreadable for most unless they know me
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Or I get really involved in game.
Show

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Eddie yeah I didn't really go into the crazy LYLO stuff because it makes no sense to compare Transcends LYLO play to here when we are still on Day 1.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”