Team Mafia 2018: Mafiosi Revolution (Over)

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Votecount 59

Be careful driving wagons in the dark, dark
Can't be sure when they've hit their mark, mark
And besides, in the mean mean time
I'm just seeing scum tearing us apart
I'm sick of de-dealing with this drivel
Your play is awful but I'm trying to be civil
I just want you guys to type a case
I can prove you're off-base
Gonna need some logic to fight
-[
My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark,
Fall Out Boy
]
5 Kagami (Firebringer, Ginngie, Chara, Kmd4390, Mulch)
2 Mulch (Kagami, Eddie Cane)
1 Cabd (Toranaga)
1 Chara (implosion)
1 Spiffeh (Patrick)
1 UnaBombaH (Spiffeh)

4 Unvote (Aristophanes, Cabd, Cheetory6, UnaBombaH)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
The deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-05 00:00:00), on Sunday, February 4 at 11:59 pm EST.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2072, implosion wrote:Yo.

I’m phone so no real content but I feel a bit incrementally better about mulch from the last couple pages.

Anyone who strongly thinks Kagami is town has until I get home in a couple hours to convince me not to join the wagon bc the only reason I remember anyone saying is liking their entrance and I remember finding it mediocre.
i have mixed feelings about my agreement with this, considering where your vote is!
oh well.
i'll pick this up later.

feel free to ignore this, but: would it be possible to use the quote buttons so you have page links in your quotes? i already find quote-walls difficult to read but without post-links for context i really can't parse them at all.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by Chara »

also i want to call Eddie's side of things town. Mulch i'm less sure on. i might go back and check this later, but i'm content with it now.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by Patrick »

Kmd wrote:Patrick, was that Boost Mafia where I bussed the shit out of Mastina just to get town cred and get boosted and it worked but we still lost the game? Also, you said you don't see the case on Kagami. Have you read any of what I said about Kagami and you disagree with it or...?
I read back and I think this is the meat of it:
Kmd wrote:It was mostly the way she approached my reasoning for Mulch being town. I had her as maybe gut scum before that anyway, but she didn't seem to be trying to understand my logic when for townreading Mulch at first. I called her out for it and suddenly she started attacking me for inconsistencies that simply weren't there. Then when I pushed back, suddenly she's townreading me again. It didn't feel like natural progression. I asked her why and somehow it's meta from a game that I was really too busy to play which doesn't at all fit how I'm playing here. The way she reacted to cabd's soft claim was weird too. Like, someone said as scum she probably wouldn't out it and would just save it for the PT, but I'm not sure that's 100% true. But my issue wasn't really her outing it. It was the way she instantly trusted it despite once being part of a scum team that successfully pulled off a friendly neighbor fakeclaim. It feels too much like "well, this lynch is off the table" rather than "ok, we'll give him a chance to prove it". Mulch has also mentioned the way Kagami has been latched on to him for pretty much the entire game. I'm not entirely sure this is scummy, but it's one more thing you can consider.
Regarding Kagami's interaction you, I thought the change of mind looked natural and would not have been a move that scum-Kagami would have felt pressured to make, since your reason for town-reading Mulch didn't make sense, at least certainly not to the degree you were pushing it. If scum-Mulch felt town-Toranga was going to be quickly read as town this game, I don't think a light hearted mason claim would be out of the question whatsoever. I think asking "what does scum Mulch get out of it?" is the wrong question entirely - not everything done by scum is for a clear benefit.

Not arguing Mulch is scum for doing it, but I didn't agree with your thoughts on that at all, and though Kagami's questions were appropriate.

As to the other game, I haven't read it but it sounds like Kagami showed a reasonable difference there.

As for sticking to Mulch, I didn't buy this as scummy before, but now I'm less sure. My own thoughts on Mulch have changed alot rapidly so the rigidity does seem a bit off.
Cheetory wrote:I've asked people to engage me on what I thought was something townish about Kagami but nobody has so I'm probably just going to trust my effort over people's kneejerk gut reactions to their posts.
I thought it obvious enough from my previous post on Kagami, but I agree with your comment that he looked like he was trying to sort Kmd.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Patrick »

Kmd's last post feels protown. Now he can come after me as well =p
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by Patrick »

In post 2076, Chara wrote: feel free to ignore this, but: would it be possible to use the quote buttons so you have page links in your quotes? i already find quote-walls difficult to read but without post-links for context i really can't parse them at all.
Test run achieved. Will try to remember, but it took me longer than normal.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by Chara »

what took you longer than normal?
haha. there are no links in your last quote post either. :>
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:43 pm

Post by Patrick »

Before I was just copy pasting whatever text I wanted and clicking the "quote" tag to turn it into a quote. In my post directly before this one, I did what you asked but took about 3 previews to get it right.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:45 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Patrick wrote:I thought it obvious enough from my previous post on Kagami, but I agree with your comment that he looked like he was trying to sort Kmd.
I think it's moreso the people who are pushing Kagami that I was hoping to get engagement from on it as to why I was potentially wrong.

I've got some work stuff that's been keeping me from really diving into anything deep and so anything I post until that's done is probably going to be a little surface level, but I do eventually want to sit and think about your responses to things to get a better feel for you because I think what you've posted about your distaste for scum is compelling, I just haven't gotten that same impression of towniness from your actual game-related content if that makes sense?

I also really want to pick apart the Kagami cases that I've seen because I know that I disagree with them, but I need to articulate why in the thread in a way that's generally accessible.

The number of people hopping on because "lolPoE" and "shrug I don't townread him" is kind of concerning and feels kind of weak given that this is Team Mafia and I've been kind of expecting town to be tryharding here?

Chara and Ginngie it's like, okay, sure I understand context for these [and I hope Chara eventually follows through on that casing that it promised], but implosion doing that feels really weird if he hasn't established reasoning for why Kagami is scum before now. [And with a lazy control F I'm not seeing anything compelling in terms of reasoning for Kagami other than hesitation from him and even a post about "I don't want the day to end because it's productive right now so I won't vote Kagami", so I'm kind of unsure why he's suddenly okay with it given that we're still being generally pretty productive right now?]
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by Chara »

wait, what casing did i promise? i think i promised Kmd my explanation on Aristophanes and Patrick, and maybe i promised casing of my three scumreads...? is that right?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 1815, Chara wrote:(i will actually ISO him and give you something more concrete when i'm home.)
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2082, Patrick wrote:Before I was just copy pasting whatever text I wanted and clicking the "quote" tag to turn it into a quote. In my post directly before this one, I did what you asked but took about 3 previews to get it right.
oh, now i see what you meant by test run.
what i do is highlight the text i want to quote, then hit the quote button. it automatically formats it properly.

no worries if it's annoying to do, but i do appreciate you trying it out. :>

pedit: thank you Cheet!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Chara »

ok, i did a very quick look at Kagami because i did want to reward how hard Cheet is trying here, but i just don't feel like going through and casing him.
i'm a little disappointed my question in wasn't answered.
in , Kagami said they had me confident town, but has gotten more waffly now. i don't really see why they feel this way or evidence of trying to correct it, and it's just vague.
yes, the part that stood out to me is the read involving Chara, surprising no one.

also needs an explanation of what Kagami means. is it PoE?

this game feels like one which can be solved by PoE, by the way. i have a lot of good townreads, and it's my preferred method of sorting anyway.
i think i could probably squeeze more out of Kagami's ISO if i had time. if they're town i'd go for implosion scum next, i think.

Aristophanes and Patrick reminder.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by Patrick »

In post 2083, Cheetory6 wrote:The number of people hopping on because "lolPoE" and "shrug I don't townread him" is kind of concerning and feels kind of weak given that this is Team Mafia and I've been kind of expecting town to be tryharding here?
I agree with this and especially in regards to implosion's last. I guess the implication is that feeling incrementally better about Mulch makes a Kagami vote look better, but it doesn't feel great.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Chara wrote:ok, i did a very quick look at Kagami because i did want to reward how hard Cheet is trying here
<3
In post 2087, Chara wrote:this game feels like one which can be solved by PoE, by the way
I certainly agree, but I think day one is a day we can afford to not be satisfied with complacent PoE while everyone is relatively high energy. We still have roughly a week, I'd like us to force scum to really have to put 110% in to not get scrutinized with what time we have left remaining.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 2083, Cheetory6 wrote:The number of people hopping on because "lolPoE" and "shrug I don't townread him" is kind of concerning and feels kind of weak given that this is Team Mafia and I've been kind of expecting town to be tryharding here?

Chara and Ginngie it's like, okay, sure I understand context for these [and I hope Chara eventually follows through on that casing that it promised], but implosion doing that feels really weird if he hasn't established reasoning for why Kagami is scum before now.
This is fair. I have had vague reasons for a while beyond just lolPoE but I haven't really synthesized them well which I'll try to do in the next hour. I'd like to say that my lessened reluctance to voting is because Mulch has acted somewhat townier and part of what's holding me back on Kagami scum is also being unsure on Mulch and thinking they aren't scum together, but the real reason is just that i am giving in to a whim and impatience. Although if you as you just said want to draw out the day longer I'm fine with it.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 2087, Chara wrote:ok, i did a very quick look at Kagami because i did want to reward how hard Cheet is trying here, but i just don't feel like going through and casing him.
i'm a little disappointed my question in wasn't answered.
in , Kagami said they had me confident town, but has gotten more waffly now. i don't really see why they feel this way or evidence of trying to correct it, and it's just vague.
yes, the part that stood out to me is the read involving Chara, surprising no one.

also needs an explanation of what Kagami means. is it PoE?

this game feels like one which can be solved by PoE, by the way. i have a lot of good townreads, and it's my preferred method of sorting anyway.
i think i could probably squeeze more out of Kagami's ISO if i had time. if they're town i'd go for implosion scum next, i think.

Aristophanes and Patrick reminder.
but what's your read on kagami?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Feel like it should be kind of evident that Chara is scumleaning Kagami based on them having voted Kagami, saying they're PoEing them as most likely scum and the overly negative assessment of Kagami's ISO.

Are you doing catch-up things right now Tor?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 2092, Cheetory6 wrote:Feel like it should be kind of evident that Chara is scumleaning Kagami based on them having voted Kagami, saying they're PoEing them as most likely scum and the overly negative assessment of Kagami's ISO.

yes, I'm ISOing mulch and my opinion on him so far is that he can die

I was townreading him on things that might not be as AI as I wished and his first 100 posts are pretty weak. town mulch is incredibly evaluative and this isn't showing here.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:46 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I wanna know the why's about that read because I skimmed kagami and I can't see it
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:46 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 2074, Kmd4390 wrote:Eddie, you asked me about scummy things Implosion has done. I really should dig deeper on him anyway because my gut is telling me he has a decent chance of being scum here. Far from my strongest scum read, but enough to be worth looking into. So...
-I hate to keep going back to this, but I didn't like the way he reacted to Mulch's whole mason claim thing. It seemed like he was trying to fake an easy opinion by shrugging it off as "well that's just Mulch". See where he said:
Implosion wrote:This is something he has explicitly stated he just does sometimes.
And Mulch answered with simply "I have?". It feels like he saw what happened and decided what stance to take without thinking critically about it. And then after that, he said that Mulch was after town cred. That makes no sense to me considering Mulch's line of reasoning was even if he (Mulch) flips scum, we should still treat Tora as confirmed town. It just doesn't feel like Implosion is actively sorting here.
I don't see how my opinion on this is an "easy opinion"; it's somewhat nuanced, specifically that I don't think that it's alignment-indicative for Mulch but I can understand why some people would think it is, given that it could easily be alignment-indicative for a random player off the street.

I don't think I ever said that Mulch is after town cred; what I said is that *if* he's scum, then that's his likely motivation. Basically it's just a thing that he's probably perfectly capable of faking for towncred, not necessarily that he is. I might have said that I leaned that way at some point but like, I really think that thing is just not worth spending time reading in to.

Mulch's line of reasoning being "even if I flip scum you should still treat tora as confirmed town" means absolutely jack shit. The moment Mulch flips scum, everything he's said of that nature is fully WIFOM and not worth trying to read deeply in to unless you know Mulch very very well. I don't understand why you put so much emphasis on that line, honestly. I've ignored it because it seems vacuous to me. It doesn't mitigate that Mulch could have been doing it for town cred.

I think you're misinterpreting my stance here slightly as thinking that Mulch most likely did it for towncred; my stance is simply that it's something completely within his ability to do as town and as scum, and that probabilistic arguments (i.e. "he's done it in X towngames and only Y scumgames") are inherently less reliable in team mafia because it's a natural time to break meta, and that therefore it's null.
-This:
Implosion wrote:But it's not really accurate to say that I'm scumreading anyone right now. I'm pretty reluctant these days to actually scumread anyone early d1 unless something sort of falls into place, which it does sometimes but not always. I mostly just accumulate townreads.
And I know he's not the only one guilty of it (see spiff), but it really felt like he wanted to fly under the radar for a while. And not just in the sense of activity. But more...just not stirring up controversy. Not getting his hands dirty. Not giving anyone a chance to say "man that was a really scummy push".
I feel like I've made moves this game that had the potential to get on many peoples' nerves (mulch, chara, cabd maybe, kagami maybe, that one post about Firebringer). Feel free to keep pushing this against me if I don't commit to more solid reads as the game prolongs, but keep in mind we are a week into the game. My reads aren't that great yet (I actually had a pretty solid amount of confidence in them like 3-4 days ago and then Mulch muddied everything up again), and I tend to have relatively weaker (as in, less accurate) reads on d1 anyway, I think. Though that might not be true anymore thinking about it. I can point to certain games where I had a lot of confidence in a scumread on d1, but I can also point to games where I didn't that are similar to this (shaziro mafia i think fits that). And a lot of those games I act similarly to this, not really ruffling feathers actively because there aren't a ton of feathers I strongly want to ruffle.
-His confidence in me being town just feels unnaturally strong. I mean, he did say it was because of my stance on teammates helping, so it's not like he hasn't given a reason but it seems like he's coasting on that as a reason and for me to be his "strongest townread", "unquestionably town", and "blatantly obvtown" over it just doesn't feel right. I feel weird having issues with town reads on me because it keeps coming up and I don't usually do that to this extent, but some of them just feel out of place and Implosion's fits that category just like Kagami's does. Cheet and maybe Spiff I think just have the right read for the wrong reasons. These two don't feel natural.
I'm happy to justify all the reasons why I have you as town at this point. It's not just the thing it was earlier. But it seems like mostly a waste of time since neither you nor me is under pressure right now.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1249, Mulch wrote:I don’t want to be policy lynched this game

I’m trying to be calmer

This is what our team predicted would happen

I also chose a normal pregame and we didn’t get any scum pms

It’s not my fault I like scum better
this is a little angly if you ask me
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 2093, Toranaga wrote:
In post 2092, Cheetory6 wrote:Feel like it should be kind of evident that Chara is scumleaning Kagami based on them having voted Kagami, saying they're PoEing them as most likely scum and the overly negative assessment of Kagami's ISO.

I was townreading him on things that might not be as AI as I wished and his first 100 posts are pretty weak. town mulch is incredibly evaluative and this isn't showing here.
Read the rest of my posts thx
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by Mulch »

Plz stop talking about mason claim

So much controversy
Amrock#3784
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 2097, Mulch wrote:
In post 2093, Toranaga wrote:

Read the rest of my posts thx
bro I am

I'm sure my reads now will be more garbage-y than when I was interacting in real time and caring about the game lol

outside the vote and read on you, why do you have kagami as scum?

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”