Team Mafia 2018: Mafiosi Revolution (Over)

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #3025 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:46 am

Post by Ether »

Day 2, Votecount 12

Look at this game, wasn't it neat
Wouldn't you think scum could barely compete
Wouldn't you think with those roles
Those roles could catch anything?
Look at your play, wasn't that swell
How in the world did my team make this sell
How in the world did you think
Christ
...we proved anything?
-[
Part of Your World,
The Little Mermaid soundtrack
]
4 Cabd (Patrick, Kagami, UnaBombaH, Spiffeh)
1 Aristophanes (implosion)
1 Chara (Eddie Cane)
1 UnaBombaH (Kmd4390)

7 Unvote (Aristophanes, Cabd, Chara, Cheetory6, Firebringer, Ginngie, Toranaga)

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
The deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-16 19:00:00), on Friday, February 16 at 7:00 pm EST.

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3026 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Chara, ISO KMD and tell me your thoughts pretty please
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #3027 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:59 am

Post by Chara »

sure.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3028 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1141, Kmd4390 wrote:
unvote vote transcend

I see my Kagami vote went nowhere...
did you push Kagami somewhere i missed, Kmd? i see a discussion but not why Kagami was scum except for saying they didn't make an effort to understand you.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3029 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Chara »

Kmd read was stale and it seems based on Kmd agreeing with my reads at the time. knowing they're wrong i have less to like from it.
i did like asking Toranaga about Almost's read on me (though Toranaga is stil disengaged), but in hindsight anyone could do that. about halfway through.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3030 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:20 am

Post by Chara »

i'm not sure if i see Kmd scum so much as the reasons i had it as town don't really seem to apply now. considering i had the same bad reads, i don't know if it was scum trying to save Mulch or just wrong town.
scum Kagami means town Kmd, as an aside. but i don't think i'm feeling scum Kagami.

short answer: Kmd's out of the townpile, Aristophanes and Patrick are in it.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3031 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:28 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

VOTE: KMD

its hard putting my vote places while i wait for cabd

I still don't see what you and Cheet do that makes Ari town
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3032 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:31 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I'll try to take some time to look at KMD's ISO.
I will say that I feel like scumKMD spends less time trying to convince people that they're underestimating his scumplay in general when they say they're townleaning him and the Cabd defense is really just.. blatant and unorthodox in a way that's mostly ineffective and just draws attention to himself, so if Cabd flips scum [which I think is honestly pretty much a certainty at this point] then I think KMD doesn't really fit for a partner?

Have you played with scumAristophanes before Eddie?
He's notoriously not that great at scum.
I doubt he could have put together compelling answers/reasoning for things he'd done in that short of a time in that responsive/real time of a way as scum.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3033 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:34 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1396, Eddie Cane wrote:I don't think there's a rush there's no chance ari picked scum he hates it
if you ctrl f ari in my iso, there's a lot there. i know he doesn't like scum and is pretty bad at it, but his play here is atune to my impression of his scum meta and he's being all around useless.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3034 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Reck pointed out to me that it seems pretty plausible that Ari had a slow start this game because of RL stuff and a generally fast pace to the game.
He said he couldn't play in my latest paint mafia because he actively wanted to avoid large themes/that he didn't think he could keep up and this game's moved more or less at that pace.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3035 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Chara »

on Ari: i thought he was avoiding anything more than vague answers and explanations of gut, but it seems he really was just having trouble catching up and needed some time to get his thoughts down. at least, the impression i got. the explanation of reads he had in the past doesn't seem made up in the present, but rather a recounting of his old thoughts.

he's not locktown by any measure, but i'm happy taking him out of the leftovers pile.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3036 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Chara »

In post 3033, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1396, Eddie Cane wrote:I don't think there's a rush there's no chance ari picked scum he hates it
if you ctrl f ari in my iso, there's a lot there. i know he doesn't like scum and is pretty bad at it, but his play here is atune to my impression of his scum meta and he's being all around useless.
i thought the same thing.

Ari, if you still happen to be casting around for ways to not fall behind.
often i will just not read pages if i miss them. my reads are better in real-time anyway, and i'll end up knowing what i've missed when i ISO players anyway. it causes problems sometimes but in a large game like this, info gets repeated so often you're going to hit on it eventually. everyone is quoting each other. :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3037 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:40 am

Post by Chara »

In post 3031, Eddie Cane wrote:VOTE: KMD

its hard putting my vote places while i wait for cabd

I still don't see what you and Cheet do that makes Ari town
i'm mad because i think i did just ISO Kmd right then becaude you were voting me, despite knowing i would never actually be lynched from such a vote and saying it wouldn't do anything in the first place.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3038 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:41 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

i didn't say anything with my vote on you, a vote does wonderful things
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3039 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:48 am

Post by implosion »

In post 3032, Cheetory6 wrote:the Cabd defense is really just.. blatant and unorthodox in a way that's mostly ineffective and just draws attention to himself, so if Cabd flips scum [which I think is honestly pretty much a certainty at this point] then I think KMD doesn't really fit for a partner?
IMO this is also pretty much true of his mulch defense. His insistence on there being no way scum-mulch calls Toranga conftown, and continuing to insist it when multiple people were arguing against it, is a bit odd from scum. Unorthodox is a good word.

I don't really see the upgrading Ari from those posts but I like chara's reasoning for it.

I still think Firebringer should be on the table.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3040 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:55 am

Post by Chara »

In post 3038, Eddie Cane wrote:i didn't say anything with my vote on you, a vote does wonderful things
i know!! exactly!!
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3041 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:23 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 3033, Eddie Cane wrote:if you ctrl f ari in my iso, there's a lot there. i know he doesn't like scum and is pretty bad at it, but his play here is atune to my impression of his scum meta and he's being all around useless.
This is why I initially scumread Ari (and assume that is why Boon did too).
This is also why I was asking around D1 why people didn't scumread him, but apparently it was more along the lines of "let's worry about Ari later.."
I'm just worried that there are multiple slots that need the same treatment now, namingly Cabd and Aristophanes, and it seems unlikely to hit scum on BOTH.. :?

I'm also willing to make another check on Kmd, I'll read them tomorrow if I'm not awfully busy at work.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3042 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:31 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 3039, implosion wrote:I still think Firebringer should be on the table.
For now I have a gutfeeling that he shouldn't. :?
Or should I go back to "everyone is on the table, NO ONE IS SAFE!!!" ? :lol:

My effy-pile is still pretty much the same as it was D1 - now that Cabd is on the actual scumread-department, it leaves me waffling mostly on Ginngie/Ari.
(I'm seeing a lot of townbinning on Ginngie, but I do not have a metaread on her, so I'm left here wondering why. :] )

My actual "scumread"-list is rather short currently.
Cabd's Friendly Neighbour claim was indeed fake, as it felt from the start in D1.
I think his bulletproof-claim is POSSIBLE, but the way he "reached that conclusion" felt bad.
I do not feel like voting anyone else today.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3043 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:54 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 3009, Eddie Cane wrote:hey cheet I'll iso implosion later

but kagami and cheet, wanna iso kmd? curios what you think, slot has a lot of scum equity imo
It does, but I would lynch a lot of other people before him.

There are enough sane members of the town left that I'm not too concerned with the need to force a lynch order or anything like that prior to flipping Cabd.

I continue to think that Una is the most likely to be the final scum, and only an un-CCed doc claim would really make me think otherwise at this point.

If Una were town, there would be a claim, not some "I hope someone in the town says that I don't have to claim so I have an excuse not to! O, no one did. I'm still going to pretend that there's some utility in not claiming, despite my being an extremely suboptimal kill anyway."
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3044 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:58 am

Post by implosion »

Una wouldn't surprise me as scum by any means but I don't particularly think he is.
Cheetory wrote:Reck pointed out to me that it seems pretty plausible that Ari had a slow start this game because of RL stuff and a generally fast pace to the game.
So what's your current complete opinion on him, then? Do you think his recent posting is good enough to toss him in the town pile? Because I feel like he still needs to show commitment to solving the game at some point. Even if he had a slow start that's no excuse for not having read up on the game during night phase, and not at least trying to follow along with the game live if not doing a full reread.

Basically if he keeps posting things like that have Actual Real Opinions and/or Analysis in them then I'm good with continuing to ignore
those opinions
him. But I'm not ready to write him off at all yet.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3045 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Do you expect townAri to commit to solving the game?

He's more or less committing to engaging with the current gamestate instead of trying to catch up and has started giving opinions on things as they're happening.

Also can believe the Mulch townlean with the added context of his explanation and it didn't seem like something he'd been working on for a long time and was just something he threw together (which I don't think he could do as scum here). I'm kind of struggling to understand how you're feeling strongly about him having not caught up completely during the night and if you like his latest analysis post I'm not sure why you care so much as to what my current read on him is?

I could be wrong and I'm not like saying he's townbinned, but I definitely feel like there are people I'm more interested in going into D3.
Do you see something that links him strongly to Cabd and do you think his explanation for the Mulch townread makes sense?
Because if you don't have direct concerns with regard to either angle, then this poke on me feels really strange.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3046 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by implosion »

He's more or less committing to engaging with the current gamestate instead of trying to catch up and has started giving opinions on things as they're happening.
Yeah, I'm good with this if it keeps happening, basically just that one post isn't enough for me to square him away. Honestly I'm less familiar with Ari's play than I think I've made it sound like I am, I think I have one completed game with him, and that post on its own isn't strongly town I think.

I thought you were completely townbinning him and wanted to clarify if you were, because it seems inappropriate to me to do so.

Him not catching up overnight was something sleepykrew mentioned being annoyed at.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3047 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 3043, Kagami wrote:
In post 3009, Eddie Cane wrote:hey cheet I'll iso implosion later

but kagami and cheet, wanna iso kmd? curios what you think, slot has a lot of scum equity imo
It does, but I would lynch a lot of other people before him.

There are enough sane members of the town left that I'm not too concerned with the need to force a lynch order or anything like that prior to flipping Cabd.

I continue to think that Una is the most likely to be the final scum, and only an un-CCed doc claim would really make me think otherwise at this point.

If Una were town, there would be a claim, not some "I hope someone in the town says that I don't have to claim so I have an excuse not to! O, no one did. I'm still going to pretend that there's some utility in not claiming, despite my being an extremely suboptimal kill anyway."
work is over, cabd is still ghost. so, yea, I tried playing devils advocate but it's either just scum or town that needs to die before lylo anyways.

VOTE: cabd

give him til morning or whatever if you feel generous, but I'm fine with a hammer now. don't think there's anything left to discuss that's pressing.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3048 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

:V
VOTE: cabd
I am not generous
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3049 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Aristophanes, if you aren't caught up by day 3 I'm going to push for your lynch. just a heads up mate. you just had 48 hours, now you have 48 more plus however long before hammer.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”