JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:35 am

Post by JDodge »

destructor wrote:And jesus, can you guys talk about someone else? I've already said how many times that I'm catching up with another game? At least I'm explaining why I'm not actually posting more content and I'm not the only freaking player here...

I think it's pretty telling that some players like Skruffs and peg are continuously steering conversation back to me, to the apparent complete neglect of basically every other player.
Why are you trying to get us to ignore you?
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by destructor »

I don't believe you guys are as thick as you're letting on. Since when was obsessing over one player good for the town?

And JDodge, do you
really
believe that's what I'm trying to do? Seriously. As if that's going to happen. How about trying to get a read on some other players? :roll:
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by JDodge »

destructor wrote:I don't believe you guys are as thick as you're letting on. Since when was obsessing over one player good for the town?

And JDodge, do you
really
believe that's what I'm trying to do? Seriously. As if that's going to happen. How about trying to get a read on some other players? :roll:
Yes. I do believe that's what you're trying to do. And normally you tell me why I'm wrong instead of saying "do you
really
think that :roll:". Why isn't that happening here?
stream

destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by destructor »

Because I see this town steering itself to a loss because so many of its players aren't scum-hunting. There have been next to ZERO topics of discussion today and for a good part of Day 2 besides ME. I fail to see how this is productive. I've responded to criticism each time it's bought up and I think I've done so well enough to receive a decent response or have the issue dropped. I'm honestly getting tired of having to fend the attacks off for a two main reasons reasons - 1. I KNOW they're misguided (if from town), and 2. NO ONE else is being discussed.

If there were actually healthy debates on other topics going on too, I wouldn't have half as much of a problem with it all. And on top of that I've stated a number of times
why
I'm not posting more "in depth" content where post players haven't and aren't, yet I'm being criticised for it anyway. If the only people attacking me are town, then scum are likely sitting back rubbing their hands with glee. If scum are on it, then well done, the town's making it that much easier for them.

I'm not asking to be ignored at all. I'm asking the town to realise how narrow and contained discussion has been up to this point.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by JDodge »

Thank you. That is exactly the response I expected from you and exactly the reason why you're town.
stream

pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:41 am

Post by pickemgenius »

unvote:

vote: TSP
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Elmo »

destructor: No, I don't. I haven't seen a good reason to believe you're scum, from anyone - more often than not, I understand people's positions even if I disagree with them, but I have literally no idea what this wagon's about.

Predictably, I still want to hear everyone's reasons for pushing destructor's lynch, now and previously.

PEG: What precisely prompted that?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Elmo wrote: PEG: What precisely prompted that?
mostly his last/most recent vote
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:21 am

Post by destructor »

w00t, I am up to date in my other game. I'll be rereading and pointing out teh scumz soon.

Elmo, who do you think is likely scum?
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:46 pm

Post by destructor »

Reread's coming along. I have no idea if Flameaxe is scum. He should post more. I actually feel like trying to read and build cases on other players is a waste of time given his lack of content.

Did anyone realise that we're one mislynch away from lylo? Well, almost. If we mislynch today, we'd probably be better off no lynching tomorrow. I know I don't want to be in lylo with Flameaxe since there's no chance scum will kill him, so unless he start playing I'm happy to lynch him today.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:07 pm

Post by destructor »

In other news, Skuff's play seems inconsistent with his play before replacing ryan. These two posts, in particular:
Skruffs in Post 258 wrote:TylerJ - then we shouldn't, theoretically, lynch at all until there are only five of us left, becasue at 5 people there will be a much higher percentage of lynching scum then of town. Right? Wrong. :P There's no reason to assume one person is town over another, being eager to lynch ryan or deathsauce is only scummy if YOU know they are town. So: *fos*
Compare that to his post in Day 2 (after replacing ryan) where he raises the same argument, but makes no mention of TylerJ at all, instead pointing at me:
Skurffs in Post 301 wrote:If you are a townie, do you really carae who else gets lynched, day 1? Do you have any reason to defend anyone, regardless of how they are acting?

Which is why the people defending dryan are more likely scum.

I am getting the feeling that Elmo is buddying up to me, which is what led to me asking him if he thought I wasn't scum back here (click)

Here's the possible buddying up:
Elmo in Post 172 wrote:I never thought destructor suggesting lynch all lurkers was a bad idea; I don't generally agree with it wholesale, but I can certainly see why someone would suggest it, especially in a mountainous. As far as I can see, that's what started the destructor wagon, and I don't/didn't like it.
Elmo in Post 410 wrote:Still don't like the destructor wagon. PEG, Skruffs, what do you feel is the strongest reason to think he's scum? (I am still somewhat lazy, and still need to read his exchange with pwayne at this point.)
Elmo in Post 492 wrote:Someone sit me down and explain to me why destructor's supposed to be scum in words of one syllable?
What makes me iffy is that he's questioned the wagon, expressed disapproval of it, yet made no apparent effort to look into himself. I can't see any other players he's given this treatment to.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:13 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Flameaxe - destructor
pickemgenius -
Jdodge - Lowell
TheSweatpantsNinja - pickemgenius
Elmo -
Skruffs -
Lowell -
destructor - TheSweatpantsNinja
Not Voting -JDodge, Flameaxe, Elmo, Skruffs

5 will lynch
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:50 am

Post by Skruffs »

TylerJ wrote:
asking for replacement
sorry guys. Finals coming up and mlay production is nearing show time.
This was in february.

Why did TylerJ drop out of my realm of perspective? I don't know, because, maybe, by actively scum hunting you have to have something to hunt on? When he's replaced, I'll scrutinize his replacer.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:05 am

Post by destructor »

He has been replaced already - TheSweatpandsNinja.

And you're missing the point. I didn't note that you weren't "actively scumhunting" him, but that you didn't even
mention
him. You made a point of it in Day 1, FOSing him for it. Come day 2, and you bring the same argument up again, but this time I'm suspicious for it. And from most of what I've made out, that's pretty fundamental to whatever case it is that you think you have on me.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:14 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Scrutinize away.

I'm not sure why the wagon on destructor suddenly disappeared. He still seems like the best play to me, to be honest.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Lowell »

I've been chasing wagons every which way. Whenever I get on people jump off. Do I smell or something? So let's try this again.

unvote, vote destructor
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:29 am

Post by JDodge »

Vote: TSN

Anyone who doesn't realize why destructor is town by now is advised to learn how destructor plays - he's inexperienced to the point that he thinks there's still such a thing as a universal scumtell.

I'm willing to write Lowell off as being Lowell for the time being.
stream

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:28 am

Post by Lowell »

Not saying I can't be swayed here, but... I really don't see the case on TSN
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:09 am

Post by JDodge »

Lowell wrote:Not saying I can't be swayed here, but... I really don't see the case on TSN
Pushing a lynch on obvobvobvobvobvtown destructor.
stream

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Skruffs »

So I'm suspicious for not making the same point to the same person twice?

I don't get it. I already told TylerJ that - did he continue to act in the manner I reprimanded him for? Wether he did or didn't, if you then started acting in the same manner, and then asked why I wasn't attacking him for it, doesn't that mean you intentionally acted in a scummy manner?
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by destructor »

Skruffs wrote:So I'm suspicious for not making the same point to the same person twice?

I don't get it. I already told TylerJ that - did he continue to act in the manner I reprimanded him for? Wether he did or didn't, if you then started acting in the same manner, and then asked why I wasn't attacking him for it, doesn't that mean you intentionally acted in a scummy manner?
There are a few things wrong with this. Firstly, you're strawmanning my point. I didn't say you were scummy for not making the same point to the same person. Secondly, the behaviour of mine you criticised came
before
TylerJ's anyway. The inconsistency is that you didn't criticise me for it the first time, focusing on Tyler, then in Day 2 you seem to forget that you FOSed him for it and point at me instead. You haven't mentioned him (or really anyone else) for a good part of this game since.

Also, this was not a rhetorical question:
destructor wrote:Did anyone realise that we're one mislynch away from lylo?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:21 am

Post by JDodge »

Vote: No Lynch

It's optimal to no lynch tomorrow if we mislynch today; why not no lynch now and get the info to hopefully get us going in the right direction?
stream

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Lowell »

JDodge wrote:

It's optimal to no lynch tomorrow if we mislynch today; why not no lynch now and get the info to hopefully get us going in the right direction?
Because it's boring.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:05 pm

Post by destructor »

JDodge wrote:

Aw man, can't we just lynch Flameaxe? It's not like he's going to be nightkilled...

I'd rather lynch Flameaxe and No Lynch tomorrow. Worst case scenario, he's town, we cry a bit and No Lynch tomorrow. Best case scenario, he's scum, we party and are in a much better position tomorrow.

I could see a No Lynch being more useful if we didn't have any lurkers here. I'm pretty confident of a few players scum won't be nightkilling anytime soon, so the No Lynch would do nothing to give me a better read of them.

JDodge, you said you knew a Flameaxe town tell that you hadn't seen yet. You haven't mentioned it again so I assume this means you haven't seen it yet. In light of this, do you have any reason to believe he's town? If not, do you see any substantial reason not to lynch him today?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:38 am

Post by JDodge »

I do not know a reliable BBM scum-tell yet.

Absence of a towntell does not prove anything at all.

I do have substantial reason not to lynch him today - his lynch is motivated by the way he always plays.
stream

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”