Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3325 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:38 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Same with gamma to be honest here, why would the counter at this point in the game ALSO be on scum if CES is scum. Are you suggesting that scum is trying to save their buddy by voting another buddy?

Please don't ignore the wagon on me.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3326 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3312, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:From my point of view I also think a reasonable high-level summary of (part of) nsg's case is that my play has been focused on getting what I see as the right lynches and not on unimportant stuff like town reads on people that are in no danger of getting lynched. Certain people might find that scummy but that's essentially just my playstyle. I also had fully intended to give a full reads list on Sunday when we got home from our Cardiff trip but that trip ended up being another 3 hours longer than I was expecting so I would've ended up talking about several things she's complained I haven't talked about if not for happenstance.
So what you're saying is you're getting scumread for having different priorities?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3327 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3323, Thestatusquo wrote:I think if CES flips scum it pretty much clears:
NSG, Lycanfire, davsto.

Lycan is less important because I was already heavily town reading them, but a ces scum flip would cause me to drastically rethink my NSG read because this doesn't feel like bussing on her part.

I think the people who would look bad with a ces scum flip are:
Ranmaru and Dunn.

CES town looks bad for: Me, NSG, Gamma.
Why does CES!town look bad for NSG? Also Ran being scum with CES is off the table for me pretty much.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3328 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:43 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

My vote on CES, for those who keep saying its "SUS" is because we're at deadline and I thought his reaction to the NSG was horrific. It didn't respond to any of her points. It's main contention was that NSG was simply misunderstanding CES, but I don't think that's fair. It went point by point to make it seem like it was big and full of line by line retorts but it wasn't. It was mainly just repeating the same thing over and over and again and accusing NSG of being disingenuous when I really didn't think she was.

Also, anyone who is saying I had a firm town read on him before is DELIBERATELY mistating what I have said before.

I've had him as null town, because of meta, but that meta does not include responses like this. That's not ces town play, and we're at deadline.

If there were a viable wagon on Dunn I would join it, but its not there.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3329 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:46 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 3327, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3323, Thestatusquo wrote:I think if CES flips scum it pretty much clears:
NSG, Lycanfire, davsto.

Lycan is less important because I was already heavily town reading them, but a ces scum flip would cause me to drastically rethink my NSG read because this doesn't feel like bussing on her part.

Ranmaru and Dunn.

Why does CES!town look bad for NSG? Also Ran being scum with CES is off the table for me pretty much.
Because NSG was the third vote on the wagon, mostly. If ces was the chosen misslynch for scum today thats exactly where I would expect her to be.

Actually now that I think about it CES town also looks really bad for Marquis, because he's the wagon that was on the block before that and NSGs big case essentially took him off the table. If CES is town NSG/Marquis could easily be a scum team.

Why don't you think ran can be scum with ces?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3330 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:51 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like he's clearly doing EVERYthing in his power to stop this wagon and putting votes every place he can possibly think of, imploring town to join him. Town he was shading earlier in the day with the same level of certainty he's now shading me.

I had him as a high town read but his play today has not been town at all.

Today he has declared that the following people are all scum:
Me
You
ActionDan
Marquis
Dunn
LQ
CES

He might have called NSG scum too. I'm not remembering.

He also voted ces at the beginning of the wagon and then hopped off as it began to gain steam and then started attacking the people on it.

Like its textbook how I would expect a buddy to interact. Distancing, then trying to stop the wagon, but never outright defending ces.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3331 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3328, Thestatusquo wrote:My vote on CES, for those who keep saying its "SUS" is because we're at deadline and I thought his reaction to the NSG was horrific. It didn't respond to any of her points. It's main contention was that NSG was simply misunderstanding CES, but I don't think that's fair. It went point by point to make it seem like it was big and full of line by line retorts but it wasn't. It was mainly just repeating the same thing over and over and again and accusing NSG of being disingenuous when I really didn't think she was.

Also, anyone who is saying I had a firm town read on him before is DELIBERATELY mistating what I have said before.

I've had him as null town, because of meta, but that meta does not include responses like this. That's not ces town play, and we're at deadline.

If there were a viable wagon on Dunn I would join it, but its not there.
I feel your vote was valid initially, but he actually responded very intensively and in full, so it was just a knee-jerk reaction
<Embrace The Void>

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3332 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

CES reacted validly and in full? Can you talk about that? I think thats exactly what I'm saying. He reacted with a LOT of stuff, but I felt like all of that stuff was mostly nonsense.

Can you tell me what about it you liked?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #3333 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:54 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 3326, Gamma Emerald wrote: So what you're saying is you're getting scumread for having different priorities?
It does feel like a large part of it, yeah.
In post 3328, Thestatusquo wrote:It went point by point to make it seem like it was big and full of line by line retorts but it wasn't. It was mainly just repeating the same thing over and over and again and accusing NSG of being disingenuous when I really didn't think she was.
I also invite you to discuss the 2 examples I mentioned in .
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3334 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3329, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 3327, Gamma Emerald wrote:
NSG, Lycanfire, davsto.

Ranmaru and Dunn.

Because NSG was the third vote on the wagon, mostly. If ces was the chosen misslynch for scum today thats exactly where I would expect her to be.

Actually now that I think about it CES town also looks really bad for Marquis, because he's the wagon that was on the block before that and NSGs big case essentially took him off the table. If CES is town NSG/Marquis could easily be a scum team.

Why don't you think ran can be scum with ces?
Look at what you wrote in the next post. If Ran was scum why not just coast off the bus?
<Embrace The Void>

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3335 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:57 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Because I don't think coasting off the bus works, and we're getting to the point in the game where I think scum are less likely to bus. 3 mislynches means they're very close to a win. 2 plus 1 scum means they're 1 lynch away from a loss.

It's also not a play he could make if he felt like the third on their team was in danger of being lynched. So if the scum team is Dunn/Ran/Ces he would have to go the mat to save CES because there's no way that Dunn is living to end game.

Coincidentally, if ces flips scum I think thats exactly who the scum team is.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #3336 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:00 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 3328, Thestatusquo wrote:It was mainly just repeating the same thing over and over and again and accusing NSG of being disingenuous when I really didn't think she was.
I think I repeat myself twice, both at relevant points. The vast majority of my reply posts is providing context and explaining where I was coming from. This is not in any way accurate.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3337 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3332, Thestatusquo wrote:CES reacted validly and in full? Can you talk about that? I think thats exactly what I'm saying. He reacted with a LOT of stuff, but I felt like all of that stuff was mostly nonsense.

It's that it doesn't feel like a desperate recovery attempt and more like an actual explanation of what the situation is and what is wrong with the case.
<Embrace The Void>

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3338 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:34 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 3336, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 3328, Thestatusquo wrote:It was mainly just repeating the same thing over and over and again and accusing NSG of being disingenuous when I really didn't think she was.
I think I repeat myself twice, both at relevant points. The vast majority of my reply posts is providing context and explaining where I was coming from. This is not in any way accurate.
I dont mean you're literally repeating yourself word for word, I mean that your defenses as far as I can tell basically boil down to "NSG is removing context" when I don't think she was and I don't think the removed context was relevant and "you are misunderstanding."

Obviously theres a little more to it than that, but your defense basically hinges on her taking you out of context when I don't think she was and that she was misunderstanding you when I don't think she was.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3339 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:35 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 3337, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3332, Thestatusquo wrote:CES reacted validly and in full? Can you talk about that? I think thats exactly what I'm saying. He reacted with a LOT of stuff, but I felt like all of that stuff was mostly nonsense.

It's that it doesn't feel like a desperate recovery attempt and more like an actual explanation of what the situation is and what is wrong with the case.
Leaving aside that I disagree and think its fairly desperate, isn't this what you would expect a scum and town player to do?

It seems pretty NAI at best to me.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3340 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:11 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 3115, Lycanfire wrote:team is convinced I'm a goner tonight
In post 3308, Ranmaru wrote:I disagree, I am trying to win this for town and lynch scum before I am night killed.
No chance, no way, this scene won't play; I bet you know deep inside, it'll be NSG or even Davsto! More than a prediction, it's my absolute conviction
You'll keep on mislynching, without ever once flinching, though, to cure your affliction: lynch Dunn with my benediction!
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3341 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:13 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 3273, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 3269, LicketyQuickety wrote:The point that Dan brings up for CES asking them why they have no interest in lynching Dunn is completely and 100% dropped. Neither of these players ends up bringing it up again up to current time.
I respond to it in .
Fair enough.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3342 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:15 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 3340, ActionDan wrote:
In post 3115, Lycanfire wrote:team is convinced I'm a goner tonight
In post 3308, Ranmaru wrote:I disagree, I am trying to win this for town and lynch scum before I am night killed.
No chance, no way, this scene won't play; I bet you know deep inside, it'll be NSG or even Davsto! More than a prediction, it's my absolute conviction
You'll keep on mislynching, without ever once flinching, though, to cure your affliction: lynch Dunn with my benediction!
Why don't you think the team is Dunn/CES/Ran.

I think the team is Dunn Ran CES.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3343 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:20 am

Post by ActionDan »

I'm going through the rebuttals and other such things now.

p-edit. It's a definite possibility, and if it's a choice between you and CES I'll be voting CES no question. I didn't mean to imply that CES was a mislynch from that or that Ran was town.

Currently I think it's most likely Dunn/Ran/? where ? could be a number of options, though CES is one of them
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3344 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:20 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

I hate to say this because it means I was wrong, but I think the shea wagon is a Scum driven wagon.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3345 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:21 am

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 3313, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 3271, Ranmaru wrote:Quick: Same question. Who is scum on CEStown flip, and CESscum flip. In fact, everyone answer this. Ces scum = Ces, Shea, Quick.
I still don't understand why you think ces flip makes me scum. With LQ of literally all players. That would require you to think scums strategy is just basically turbo bussing which is just bizarre.
I think you are scum regardless of his flip.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3346 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:21 am

Post by ActionDan »

Also I'm fairly certain Ran/Dunn/Lycan will be parking their votes on me tomorrow regardless of any outcome today, which is mainly where the mislynch bit came from.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3347 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:22 am

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 3344, LicketyQuickety wrote:I hate to say this because it means I was wrong, but I think the shea wagon is a Scum driven wagon.
I predicted you'd change your stance once you get the opportunity to join a Shea wagon. Who is scum on a CEStown flip and CESscum flip?
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3348 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:23 am

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 3346, ActionDan wrote:Also I'm fairly certain Ran/Dunn/Lycan will be parking their votes on me tomorrow regardless of any outcome today, which is mainly where the mislynch bit came from.
No, I won't.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3349 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:31 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 3344, LicketyQuickety wrote:I hate to say this because it means I was wrong, but I think the shea wagon is a Scum driven wagon.
*falls out of chair in absolute god damned shock*

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”