Micro 309: Triplicate Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:21 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 87, LeMidget wrote:I've completed one game, but I'm on mobile so linking is hard. It was the "Dry, Bland, and Tasteless" Mini Normal. By caledfwitch or someone along those lines.
wtf your join date is over a year ago.

Nevermind...
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:22 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 80, Blackfish wrote:I am not sure yet. Do you?
I'd place a vote on this, especially given your alt-status, but I can't.

Other people in Blackfish's group, pls vote blackfish kthx.
LeMidget
LeMidget
Goon
LeMidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:28 pm

Post by LeMidget »

I joined a long time ago, got replaced due to inactivity, and just recently found it again.

I understand where you are coming from with post #101, but I don't think there's anything there. At this exact moment, Who is the scum in team Coconut.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:29 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 98, LeMidget wrote:Why not? He brings up an honest point. Why did you focus on the Private Thread thing for so long, anyway? What made you think it wasn't just nothing?
Sorry if I'm missing somethingbut who is this directed at?
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:29 pm

Post by Blackfish »

In post 76, BipolarChemist wrote:Do you think Blackfish's overt pushing is too much to the point of being scummy? Or maybe overzealous town?

I'm leaning overzealous town, but he is quickly picking some fights early in the game, which could lead to a decent sized distraction.
I don't like this post for several reasons.

The first is the hedging. You lean overzealous town on me but you also think that I could be scum. It feels like a whole lot of nothing.

The second is the content. How am I "
picking fights
" and "
leading to a distraction
?" At the point I was pushing the game forward, the only discussion in thread was what I generated to get us out of RVS. It wasn't like there was a ton of content that I trying to bury by creating pointless side arguments. Besides, how is pushing on people and questioning them a "
distraction
?" That's how the game is played.

The third is your phrasing of my actions. "
Picking fights early in the game
" as opposed to "
scumhunting, questioning people
", "
overzealous
" as opposed to "
pro-active
". You spin my actions in a negative way which is at odds with your townread on me. It feels more like you are trying to justify a scumread and strikes me as dissonant like you don't actually believe in your read but you think it is a read that you should have if you were town. (Calling the aggressive, active players town is a fairly common scum strategy).

Your townread on me overall feels slimy and wobbly. If you didn't think that I was town, there would be no reason to announce it. But, you say that I am town anyways (unnecessarily) despite the fact that you don't actually seem to have a read with any amount of confidence.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:33 pm

Post by Blackfish »

In post 101, BROseidon wrote:
In post 80, Blackfish wrote:I am not sure yet. Do you?
I'd place a vote on this, especially given your alt-status, but I can't.

Other people in Blackfish's group, pls vote blackfish kthx.
Why do you find it scummy that I am uncertain about whether there is scum in our group and asked LeMidget about his own reads? Why does my being an alt have anything to do with it?
LeMidget
LeMidget
Goon
LeMidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Post by LeMidget »

Assuming you're an alt means you have experience.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 104, Blackfish wrote:
In post 76, BipolarChemist wrote:Do you think Blackfish's overt pushing is too much to the point of being scummy? Or maybe overzealous town?

I'm leaning overzealous town, but he is quickly picking some fights early in the game, which could lead to a decent sized distraction.
I don't like this post for several reasons.

The first is the hedging. You lean overzealous town on me but you also think that I could be scum. It feels like a whole lot of nothing.

The second is the content. How am I "
picking fights
" and "
leading to a distraction
?" At the point I was pushing the game forward, the only discussion in thread was what I generated to get us out of RVS. It wasn't like there was a ton of content that I trying to bury by creating pointless side arguments. Besides, how is pushing on people and questioning them a "
distraction
?" That's how the game is played.

The third is your phrasing of my actions. "
Picking fights early in the game
" as opposed to "
scumhunting, questioning people
", "
overzealous
" as opposed to "
pro-active
". You spin my actions in a negative way which is at odds with your townread on me. It feels more like you are trying to justify a scumread and strikes me as dissonant like you don't actually believe in your read but you think it is a read that you should have if you were town. (Calling the aggressive, active players town is a fairly common scum strategy).

Your townread on me overall feels slimy and wobbly. If you didn't think that I was town, there would be no reason to announce it. But, you say that I am town anyways (unnecessarily) despite the fact that you don't actually seem to have a read with any amount of confidence.
My initial thoughts on you were town doing scumhunting, as I stated before, but your posts have been very aggressive, which I don't think you can deny. I don't know your playstyle, so I can't tell where you lie right now and I'm back and forth between town and scum with you. What could be scumhunting, could easily be scum trying to control the lynches of the day.

I've seen you ask others for some links to games where they were town or scum, would you be willing to do the same?
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:43 pm

Post by Blackfish »

I don't want to reveal my main although I wouldn't mind if you still want it after the game.

Both scum and town try to control the lynches of the day. Why does that give you cause for concern? Would you expect town to lie down and not attempt to control who gets lynched?
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:47 pm

Post by Blackfish »

In post 98, LeMidget wrote:Why not? He brings up an honest point. Why did you focus on the Private Thread thing for so long, anyway? What made you think it wasn't just nothing?
I think the answer is fairly obvious. I wanted to generate discussion, kickstart the game, force people to take positions, and hopefully develop alignment revealing information. It could have been nothing. I could have just sat around and been more passive. I just chose not to.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:54 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 86, BROseidon wrote:gm, our completed games together are LotR and your Large Normal, right?

Which would mean that I don't have much scope on what sorts of behavior are alignment indicative for you, since I, y'know, have barely seen your game.

You're right that me being a dick isn't alignment indicative; I'm just usually a dick ^_^
The Narnia Micro as well, and I think you were a hydra in something else too, I don't recall.
In post 89, RedCoyote wrote:
Tier 68 wrote:RC, who do you think the scum is within our group atm and why?
By default I am leaning toward goodmorning for being a little too wordy and having too much of a forced presence.
...too wordy?
LM IS TOWN

WOOOO

I'm beginning to really enjoy this game.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:55 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 108, Blackfish wrote:I don't want to reveal my main although I wouldn't mind if you still want it after the game.

Both scum and town try to control the lynches of the day. Why does that give you cause for concern? Would you expect town to lie down and not attempt to control who gets lynched?
I've seen it quite often that the loud player of the day either gets lynched or controls the lynch. When someone is being so aggressive, mafia have a good chance of getting them lynched if the loud player is town. They can also get the lynch with having very little, if any, flack coming their way.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:00 pm

Post by Blackfish »

In post 111, BipolarChemist wrote:
In post 108, Blackfish wrote:I don't want to reveal my main although I wouldn't mind if you still want it after the game.

I've seen it quite often that the loud player of the day either gets lynched or controls the lynch. When someone is being so aggressive, mafia have a good chance of getting them lynched if the loud player is town. They can also get the lynch with having very little, if any, flack coming their way.
This doesn't answer my question. Why do you find aggression and controlling the lynches of the day to be scum motivated behaviors. Aren't they things that both scum and town aim for?
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:00 pm

Post by Blackfish »

GoodMorning, why is LeMidget town?
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:09 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 112, Blackfish wrote: This doesn't answer my question. Why do you find aggression and controlling the lynches of the day to be scum motivated behaviors. Aren't they things that both scum and town aim for?
I find over-aggression to either be dangerous for a townie, as it could lead to an easy lynch that mafia could drive, or as mafia it could allow for mafia to have control over the day. Either way, I find over-aggression bad and I'm worried you're bordering on overly aggressive.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:13 pm

Post by Blackfish »

In post 114, BipolarChemist wrote:
In post 112, Blackfish wrote: This doesn't answer my question. Why do you find aggression and controlling the lynches of the day to be scum motivated behaviors. Aren't they things that both scum and town aim for?
I find over-aggression to either be dangerous for a townie, as it could lead to an easy lynch that mafia could drive, or as mafia it could allow for mafia to have control over the day. Either way, I find over-aggression bad and I'm worried you're bordering on overly aggressive.
I disagree that mafia in general try to lynch aggressive townies as opposed to townread them but it really depends on who the scum are and some scum may try it but I can buy that you legitimately think that.

Why do you believe aggressive scum can control the lynch but not aggressive town?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 113, Blackfish wrote:GoodMorning, why is LeMidget town?
Because he's acting like it.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:16 pm

Post by Blackfish »

In post 116, goodmorning wrote:
In post 113, Blackfish wrote:GoodMorning, why is LeMidget town?
Because he's acting like it.
How so? He asked me a question to which the answer is obvious. He thought BC was honest. The post you quoted read fairly null to me.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:22 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

Because there are two scum working together and the one town would be alone. It's simply power in numbers and I see an aggressive scum being able to control a lynch more than aggressive town.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:22 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

^That was to Blackfish (forgot to quote oops)
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:45 pm

Post by Blackfish »

In post 118, BipolarChemist wrote:Because there are two scum working together and the one town would be alone. It's simply power in numbers and I see an aggressive scum being able to control a lynch more than aggressive town.
Your explanation is somewhat simplistic and I again disagree but I think it is plausible that you as town could genuinely think that.

Can you provide a list of your reads?
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:02 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

For my group, I'm still fairly null on FF and I have a town read on Bro.

In coconut: Who has been quiet lately, after the discussion of how we should play the day out, he didn't seem to have much to say. I haven't been fully following LeMidget, but I do enjoy his percentages.

Finally, in Avocado: This is the only group I'm remotely confident in my reads. Tier hasn't posted in a while and I would like his input on that last couple of pages, but I do have a town read from early game on him. GM is working nicely towards discussion. I could see RC as scum, and would be my choice for this group for a lynch. His reads feel odd and forced.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Post by Blackfish »

Why do RedCoyote's reads feel "odd" and "forced?"

Also, I gather that you've played offsite. You don't seem to have any completed scumgames onsite but can you link me to a couple of your offsite games? Preferably one town and one scum game.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:10 pm

Post by Blackfish »

Also, can you explain your townread on BRO?

Do you agree with my points about him?

Do you think Who's quietness or LeMidget's numbers are alignment indicative?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "GM has been working nicely toward discussion."
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:18 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

Scum Game: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/show ... ame-Thread
Town Game: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/show ... ame-thread
In post 89, RedCoyote wrote:
Tier 68 wrote:RC, who do you think the scum is within our group atm and why?
By default I am leaning toward goodmorning for being a little too wordy and having too much of a forced presence.
This is the post that jumps out at me as forced.
In post 49, RedCoyote wrote:To be clear, I am proposing we more or less completely leave out cross group discussion until D2 and let each group kind of decide their own fate. This is because this will automatically put the scum at a disadvantage, I think, by keeping them from working together to influence the other groups. Any thoughts on this?
This one felt the most odd and I completely disagree with his logic. I think his logic would stifle conversation and is overall scummy.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”