Micro 932: A Normal Blitz - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:23 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Are you saying it gives insurance in case I’m actually not Town?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:27 am

Post by Datisi »

Well, yes and no. George is also one of the "not technically confirmed" players. Do I think you're scum here? No. God no. But it just *is* in extra shot that we're needlessly throwing out.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:32 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Ok, i can see your plan is sensible. I still feel reluctant because it seems the perfect win is right in front of us.

I’ll wait and see what the others think.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:33 am

Post by Luca Blight »

UNVOTE:
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:42 am

Post by Micc »

Votecount 2.06
HoldenGolden (2) -
GeorgeBailey, HoldenGolden
shiki (1) -
humaneatingmonkey

Not Voting (4) -
Datisi, Madoka, shiki, Luca Blight

With 7 players alive it takes 4 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 2 is in (expired on 2020-04-09 22:35:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:11 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

Lynch me/shiki/Luca (non PR) today: 5v1

If george is NK: 4v1-
Madoka:
Madoka reports check, clears one suspect
Madoka reports check, finds red on a player-> auto win
Madoka reports no check (rb), monkey is most likely confirmed via set up spec.

Monkey:
Monkey reports check, clears one suspect
Monkey reports check, finds PT access -> autowin
Monkey reports rb, madoka is most likely confirmed via set up.

Now the reason why we lynch here is that if one of the invest roles dies, the following setup is here:

2 confirmed townies: Datisi and George
1 claim PR role: Madoka/Monkey.
2 suspects: 2 of me/shiki/Luca.

Multitasking rb does not matter as they have to burn the rn on george to kill one of the invest roles. The remaining invest should have a check on one of those two people. Meaning that we auto win
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:18 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

We basically should win unless scum has some why to throw off town, or town has some false positives in the pool secretly like Miller's (but since from what I read Miller's must know they are millers in a normal set up, I doubt that is the case.)
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:19 am

Post by Datisi »

there is literally zero possible way in a Normal game that any scum would appear innocent to a PT cop (unless traitor, but there cannot be a traitor in a 9p) or to a Neapolitan
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:21 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 1032, Datisi wrote:there is literally zero possible way in a Normal game that any scum would appear innocent to a PT cop (unless traitor, but there cannot be a traitor in a 9p) or to a Neapolitan
I was talking about town having false positives like a Miller. Not scum having ways to hide alignment
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:23 am

Post by Datisi »

Ah sorry i can't read. I'm the "Miller". I report positive to both. But ye players cannot have roles hidden from them so yes.
~M
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:24 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

I'm sad too that my fake breadcrumbing wasnt picked up by mafia honestly. Quite sad.

Oh that is a fair point actually. Town neighbor is basically a miller.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:25 am

Post by shiki »

In post 982, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 578, humaneatingmonkey wrote:also, you've called him null/town all game but you were willing to hammer 3 hours before deadline? if bugs is town, you're definitely scum.
Posts like this, I thought were probably beyond his scum range. But now it’s pretty clear he’s scum all things considered.
i think monkey is just applying his own logic to hiraki here, which is the same thing he was doing with madoka when talking about if madoka were fake claiming.
In post 1007, humaneatingmonkey wrote:if i'm scum, i'm doing a bad job making things easy for myself. i killed Hiraki, the person whose most vocally suspicious of me — who some people already read to be scum. i claim an investigative role, when i already have the information that there's another one.
there is a user on this site named flavor leaf who is frequently saying things like if 'i were scum here, i would not have killed hiraki because he was pushing george and monkey'. the obligatory response to this from at least one player is 'wifom'.

monkey is suggesting we lynch me and investigate holden instead of lynching holden and investigating me seemingly because he wants me to die before he loses, the same reason i think he killed hiraki. for some players this game is filled with little victories instead of focusing on winning as a team.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:31 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

Sadly I'm under a eldritch blood pinkie pact that prevents me from explictly agreeing with scum!monkey reads.

Whoever we lynch here doesn't matter. I push me simply because I already forsee a similar situation to newbie 1944 (into the jungle something one) where I as town was kept alive until the end due in part of the threads scum read on me despite multiple townies changing their minds.

We do not progress any further until we see what happens doing the actions of night 2 and flips/results day 3
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:42 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Shiki, do you think we should play it safe (Datisi’s strategy) or go for the perfect win?
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:00 am

Post by shiki »

In post 1038, Luca Blight wrote:Shiki, do you think we should play it safe (Datisi’s strategy) or go for the perfect win?
i am okay with either. to me right now monkey is the most likely scum, holden is a rather distant second, and madoka is the horse in the race who is currently eating hay in the stable. with either plan, there are no outs for holden or monkey. any wariness i have towards datisi's plan is due to my unsuredness with regards to madoka. this isn't to say what datisi and madoka both have said doesn't make sense to me, however, so i'm good to go with it. from my perspective lynch holden check luca is auto but everyone would have to accept town me for this to work.

each time you question datisi's plans i try to figure out if it is you as scum trying to get around ever being investigated. i think it is not because the bus from the beginning of the game strategy would imply it was rather thought through and agreeing to the first plan and finding the holes for yourself (since for it to work we must agree you are town) would be a more reliable way for scum you to go about doing this.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:07 am

Post by shiki »

now you might ask, hasn't holden been awfully towny today? well yes, but his only out since the claims has been to play possum and hope town skips the step of actually lynching or checking him.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:19 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1038, Luca Blight wrote:Shiki, do you think we should play it safe (Datisi’s strategy) or go for the perfect win?
i'm sorry for trying ok
~M
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:26 am

Post by shiki »

In post 1041, Datisi wrote:i'm sorry for trying ok
datisi's frustration here seems kinda towny.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:43 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

We go with what we been discussing. It's not much of a swag victory tbh, and the only way scum gets a major out is if we lynch monkey and he flips town.

Madoka will check Shiki, Monkey will check Luca, I get lynched. No need to trust anyone besides george (who would be dead) and Datisi who is clear by set up pretty much. Aka, out of the four remaining players, two should be cleared either automatically or through reasonable deduction
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:45 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

I will fight every other course of action as it is no where as good as the current plan which should most of the time lead to an auto win
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:48 am

Post by Datisi »

wait am i stupid.

actually yeah that seems like a better plan. George on Madoka. Madoka -> shiki, Monkey -> Luca.

alternatively swapping holden and shiki around would *in theory* give same results. though i'm saying this more out of an interest to see a shiki scumcase from monkey.
~M
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:51 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In theory yes, in practice it gives scum an easier ML if they have some way to divert the invest checks.

Shiki summed it up best that my slot has a lot or WIFOM around it (asking to be lynched, the town case on bugs, etc). If the rest of yall wants to switch out me with somebody fine I guess, but I think by removing me it forces scum in that situation to reach more in scum reading the other person.

I guess if madoka or monkey is scum, they always can fake claim a red check as the cornerstone of their case though lylo
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:54 am

Post by shiki »

In post 919, shiki wrote:who can die in the night that makes madoka checking me and monkey checking luca or vice versa not auto?
In post 1043, HoldenGolden wrote:Madoka will check Shiki, Monkey will check Luca, I get lynched. No need to trust anyone besides george (who would be dead) and Datisi who is clear by set up pretty much. Aka, out of the four remaining players, two should be cleared either automatically or through reasonable deduction
In post 1045, Datisi wrote:wait am i stupid.

actually yeah that seems like a better plan. George on Madoka. Madoka -> shiki, Monkey -> Luca.

alternatively swapping holden and shiki around would *in theory* give same results. though i'm saying this more out of an interest to see a shiki scumcase from monkey.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:01 am

Post by Datisi »

it's just that i'm trying to think through all the possible d3 scenarios, in case i die, and that includes No Result claims.

like, if Madoka were to die and Monkey claims No Result. that would mean that either george is a multitasking roleblocker, or luca is an ascetic mutitasking roleblocker. which i am aware both sound highkey batshit insane.

i'm just afraid of losing this game after doing so well day 1.
~M
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:04 am

Post by shiki »

In post 1048, Datisi wrote:like, if Madoka were to die and Monkey claims No Result. that would mean that either george is a multitasking roleblocker, or luca is an ascetic mutitasking roleblocker. which i am aware both sound highkey batshit insane.
why can't monkey be the roleblocker here?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”