Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:34 am

Post by Quailman »

I find it interesting that mlaker claimed cowardly townie and that he had hidden in Stewie's house, and Stewie had not been voting for him. How convenient. Then Stewie makes no mention of this fact, and votes for someone else (the Shadyforce bandwagon).
FOS: Stewie and mlaker
. And while Shadyforce's numbers are crap, it does not seem prudent to hide the first night with a random unknown.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:37 am

Post by mathcam »

Why would Stewie have voted for mlaker?

I'm not even sure what you're implying...that mlaer was lying about his role? Or that he somehow got converted while hiding as Stewie's house?

Cam
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:07 am

Post by Cadmium »

Quailman wrote:I find it interesting that mlaker claimed cowardly townie and that he had hidden in Stewie's house, and Stewie had not been voting for him. How convenient. Then Stewie makes no mention of this fact, and votes for someone else (the Shadyforce bandwagon).
If I understand this correctly, you think it's not a coincidence that mlaker chose Stewie's house for hiding (or making us believe this) and that Stewie never voted for him. Hmm, there could be a connection. What's bothering me too is the fact that Corsato called both Mathcam and Leonidas just townies (not cowardly townies). And I don't think that they would have been a replacement if they were cowardly townies (unless they have the same role now). More to think about :?.

I think I'll leave my vote on mlaker for now. This seems somewhat more suspicious to me than the Shadyforce happening.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:45 am

Post by Jalyn »

7 seems fairly safe...

vote:shadyforce
for insisting on the Leonidas/mathcam connection that doesn't make any sense & for voting mlaker after he made a reasonable, though certainly not assured, role claim. See, that makes him less likely to be scum. It doesn't guarentee his innocence, but it is less likely than otherwise.

FOS: Cadmium
for the second half of my reasoning on shadyforce.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:36 am

Post by shadyforce »

Ok, where is everyone getting 'she' from :evil: ?
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:49 am

Post by shadyforce »

Also I mentain that rather than faulty logic, it was my lack of experience playing the game, and by that I mean I don't know how Mathcam and Leonidas operate, and thus aren't in the best position to judge whether they are acting suspiciously or not.

The logic part of my argument: chance of getting 2 mafia instead of one was sound but it was my judgement on who was more suspicious that let me down.

Rather than saying: crap logic and nothing else and hopping on another bandwagon, it was only Mathcam himself who looked at it and pointed where my argument might fail.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:48 am

Post by Corsato »

The Votes:

8 Shadyforce (Coolbot, Darkblade, DP, Electra, Fletcher, Jalyn, Leonidas2, Stewie)
6 Mlaker (Cadmium, Discer, Mathcam2, Mole, Nehi, Shadyforce)
2 Leonidas2 (Kerplunk, Shadyforce)
1 DP (Quailman)

Not voting: (DS, Dourgrim (not allowed), JTMan5, Polotet, Werebear)
Not posting: JTMan5 (looking for a replacement)

Two things:
- Updated the opening post as requested by Mathcam (updated the second post as well).
- I'm probably NOT online until sunday, but I'll try.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:09 am

Post by Quailman »

That makes two consecutive vote counts in which mlaker is NOT listed as either voting for someone or not voting. Dourgrim got a mention, even though he cannot vote. Either something is going on here or the Mod omitted his name.

There are 22 awake and one sleeping, with 11 votes required for a lynch. I don't know if mlaker's absence is significant, but it's apparent.
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:53 pm

Post by Leonidas »

(Ahem ahem, both Kerplunk and Shadyforce unvoted me, Corsato... ;))
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:42 am

Post by Cadmium »

Yes, both Kerplunk and Shadyforce unvoted Leonidas, but mlaker voted for him a while ago and never unvoted after that. So, I say we ask for a new vote count and see what's going on here.
On 20 Jun 2003 08:10 pm, Corsato wrote:Leonidas, townie, killed by mafia.
Macros, Berlucci mafia, killed and canned by a Serial Killer.
Mathcam, townie, killed by an assassin.
Both Leonidas and Mathcam are refered to as townie, nothing more, nothing less. The post I took the quote from, is the only one that says Mathcam was a townie. The first two posts of this thread don't mention Mathcam's role at all. More weird stuff.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:01 pm

Post by Fletcher »

Does everybody else think that it's about for time shadyforce to role-claim?
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:20 pm

Post by Stewie »

Fletcher wrote:Does everybody else think that it's about for time shadyforce to role-claim?
I do.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:52 pm

Post by Corsato »

Leonidas and Cadmium are both right. My excel sheet was actually right, must be a copy-paste error or something ;). Same goes for Mathcam's role. I've updated all.....

The Votes:

8 Shadyforce (Coolbot, Darkblade, DP, Electra, Fletcher, Jalyn, Leonidas2, Stewie)
6 Mlaker (Cadmium, Discer, Mathcam2, Mole, Nehi, Shadyforce)
1 Leonidas2 (Mlaker)
1 DP (Quailman)

Not voting: DS, Dourgrim (not allowed), JTMan5, Kerplunk, Polotet, Werebear

In other news, Mikehart just moved into the house of JTMan5. He will replace him from now.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:15 pm

Post by shadyforce »

Fletcher wrote:Does everybody else think that it's about for time shadyforce to role-claim?
You'd be doing it merely bacause I happen to have the bandwagon on me rather than any huge suspicion. I guess it's got to be somebody next though. A more clever thing to do would be to splash out a lot of ideas, possibilities and suspicions (like I tried to do) and to take whatever logical action you see fit then.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:05 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Also, you're the most suspicous with your theories. Often, mafia will throw a bunch of stuff to see what sticks. This seems to be what you're doing. I think it's high time for a claim.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:31 am

Post by shadyforce »

Alrighty then.

I have a pro-town role that is
potentially useful
to the town but much use at the present moment.

I will
not
reveal what the role is because it will largely render the role useles. It won't exactly deprive the town of any information since if you lynch me you'll find out anyway and if I survive, I might still be able to help the town in some way later on.

That's all I can tell you for now, do what you must...
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:30 am

Post by mlaker »

O.K.
Unvote Leonidas
I got a new computer and have been really busy with that I posted in the vacation limited access thread.I don't have much input but I
have
to hide with someone each night.

mlaker
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:01 am

Post by Leonidas »

Ok, so you're saying you
have
to hide... explains why you would have used your ability night 1.

And your role claim... explains why the mafia would not target you - ever.

Convenient, convenient. I think I'm not buying... :roll:
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:41 am

Post by shadyforce »

Well I could have made up some roles fairly easily but I know that lying will mislead, not to mention annoy, the town.

I don't understand your first sentence btw.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:43 am

Post by Cadmium »

Okay, I was just thinking.

If
mlaker is telling the truth, then there probably are more players with the same role. What if mlaker goes to Stewie again this night (because we already know he's innocent) and the doc (there must be at least one) protects Stewie, than all the other cowardly townies can go to Stewie too. This will make it really hard for the mafia to kill someone.

There probably are pro's and con's to this idea, and I haven't thought it through yet, but I wanted to throw it in the group.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:01 am

Post by shadyforce »

unvote: mlaker
I'm starting to believe him.

Well first of all I think it unlikely that there be more than one hider. Now I think a good tactic might be to turn hiders into investigative roles. You'll die if you hide with an unfriendly right? So why don't you post who you will hide with every night and if you are dead the next morning then we know they are mafia. We can get a doc to protect who you are choosing to hide with. Please let me know if there is something I overlooked.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:09 am

Post by CoolBot »

shadyforce wrote:I don't understand your first sentence btw.
Who are you talking about here? If you talking about my last post, I explain in the second sentence of the same post.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:15 am

Post by Cadmium »

That's the first plan I came up with. But we have to be really carefull. It'll work if he's telling the truth. But what if he's lying? Then we'll think people are innocent while they might be mafia plus we lose a protection every night.

If mlaker is the only one with this role, my plan is worthless. But the first time I saw (and had) this role, in Trouble in Haiti, I believe every townie had the opportunity to hide if they wanted to.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:16 am

Post by Cadmium »

I was refering to Shadyforce's post.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:54 am

Post by Stewie »

mlaker wrote:I'm a Cowardly Townie each night I hide in somebodys house and I can't be killed if someone targets me.I'm killed if the person I'm hiding with is mafia scum etc.
or if that person is targeted.
that part I bolded is where this plan can fail. What if every person that can hide in someone elses house hides in mine and the mafia and doctor target me. his rolesays that they die if the mafia targets the player in whos house he's hiding, not if that player die. Although I kinda likethe idea of using him as a cop, that plan has flaws too.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”