mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:58 pm

Post by mathcam »

Hey, that was cool...you posted in between me clicking post reply and me typing a one-sentence post and posting it, Sugar. If we lynch Nyar because of your vote and he's mafia, then you're all but cleared in my mind. I note that you didn't actually switch your vote though. I encourage you to do so.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:59 pm

Post by mathcam »

Well, that was ridiculous. It happened again.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:02 pm

Post by mathcam »

Okay, it seems like it's certainly in my best interest, whether or not I'm mafia, to now

Unvote: Sugar

and

Vote: Nyarlatothep

A mutually benficial exchange of votes, Sugar. Go us. Sorry for the like quintuple post everyone.

Cam
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:20 pm

Post by jeep »

Deadline: Thursday 10am PST (UTC-8)

Vote Count: 5 to lynch; 3 to lynch at deadline

Nyarlatothep 3 (Cuban Smoker, sugar, mathcam)
Mathcam 2 (Nyarlathotep, MatthewV)
Sugar 1 (quercitron)

-JEEP
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:32 am

Post by cuban smoker »

I'm here, and watcing this little exchange very carefully. If nyarlahotep gets lynched and turns out to be innocent, I blame the non-voters. If someone comes in to vote at the last minute, I will be very suspiscious of them.

jeep
, what happens with say, a 3-3 vote tie at the deadline?
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:25 am

Post by Beaudoin »

After reading through the thread, I wasn't completely convinced of mathcam's innocence, but Nyar did look more and more guilty to me.
Vote: Nyarlathotep
Beaudoin responds: "Hey! Well, no hard feeling, I guess. Since 2 is greater than 3, I'll help y'all string up Medicated Lain" -jeep, Minigame 20
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:50 am

Post by mathcam »

If someone comes in to vote at the last minute, I will be very suspiscious of them.

That role has now been amusingly filled by Beaudouin.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:56 am

Post by cuban smoker »

I actually meant voting for you, mathcam; but yes, it is amusing. 5 minutes to the deadline!
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:08 am

Post by jeep »

In case of a tie, the person who gets to the number first gets lynched.

Cuban Smoker walks up to MatthewV and states "You didn't listen to people last night, I've got my eye on you..."

"Now, Jadesmar was almost lynched yesterday, why'd anyone kill him?? It must be Quercitron!"

"BAH! I do nothing but sit on my ass. I've clearly proven my innocence," replies Quercitron. "Mathcam, you suck, YOU must be mafia."

"OK, OK, if you do nothing but sit on your ass, I guess I'll let it slip," says mathcam.

Several hours pass with everyone just sitting in silence.

"Uh... ok, Lystrodom, I've got a hunch you are guilty," says mathcam.

"WHAT!?!? ME?" exclaims Lystrodom incredulously.

"Uhhh... yeah, sure, why not?" says mathcam.

"Well, I for one believe that Quercitron really does sit on his ass all night." says Cuban Smoker. "MatthewV, you must be guilty!"

"Well,
I
think it's you, Mathcam! You are just being too helpful to the town." says Nyarlathotep.

"MatthewV, why are you spending all your time in the bathroom?" asks Cuban Smoker. "I'm going to string him up if I can..."

"Well, I'll help you lynch mathcam," says Sugar.

MatthewV return. "HEY! You suck CS! Just 'coz I got the trots is no reason to punish me. Besides, it's my dads fault!"

Quercitron wakes from a daydream. "Wha? What's going on? Wow, two others have grabbed mathcam?" Quercitron lets go of mathcam.

Cuban Smoker boldly proclaims "Sugar, Nyarlathotep and Lystrodom are Mafia. That's where my money is"

"WTF? TOO HELPFUL?" mathcam is incredulous. "FINE! I'll try to be less helpful then... sheesh."

MatthewV looks apolgetic. "OK, I probalby over-reacted." He let's go of CS. "I will, however, help y'all lynch mathcam!"

Cuban Smoker accepts MatthewV's apology. "OK, now it looks like you are paying more attention to what's going on! Hmm... innocent people attack their accusers, while guilty people attack the evidence (or in this case, lack thereof). Nyarlahotep, I think you are guilty."

"OK, I'll bite. Nyarlathothep I'm going to help take you down." says mathcam

"Well, I think mathcam is innocent, so I'll switch to someone else if it gets a bit darker... but for now, I think it's sugar."

"Well, I'll follow you quercitron." With that, mathcam grabs Sugar.

"No, no, it's not me. I think it's Nyarlathotep!" exclaims Sugar.

Mathcam begins to panic... "Uh.. guys... it's not me... really... ok, ok, since Sugar is no longer anxious to lynch me, I'll change back to Nyarlothep."

"If nyar is innocent, it's not my fault!!! It's all you guys just standing around..." syas Cuban Smoker

Beaudoin chimes in "Well, I'm not convinced mathcam is innocent, but I think Nyarlathotep is more suspicious."

With that, Nyarlathotep, is dragged to the lynchin' tree. After going through his pockets, you find three handguns and two knives. If this guy wasn't mafia, then no one is.

Nyarlathotep, mafia, was lynched

It is now night, please send in choices.

-JEEP
Last edited by jeep on Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:19 am

Post by cuban smoker »

What do you mean: night?!?! What was he?!

[jeep]Patience... it takes a little while to write the story (I was busy last night). I didn't want any more posting going on... ;) [/jeep]
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:51 am

Post by jeep »

Everyone sleeps in a bit. In the middle of the morning everyone gathers for another fun-filled day of lynching. The only thing that seems odd is that Lystrodom now insists on being called MikeGoo

Mikegoo is replacing Lystrodom. Lystrodom contacted me saying that IE wasn't working and that 'e wasn't going to be able to continue.

Oh yeah, with 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

-JEEP
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:55 am

Post by cuban smoker »

I'm alive! Being very arrogant, I'm going to assume that the doctor(s) protected me, and the foolish mafia tried to off me. Now, let's see what mikegoo knows about his former self, who I also found suspiscious.

vote: mikegoo
because I was going to vote for lystrodom next.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:02 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Of course, if this is the case, I am extremely grateful to the clever doctor(s) who saved me. You know who you are!
MatthewV
MatthewV
Ninja
MatthewV
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:25 pm

Post by MatthewV »

I wont vote for mikegoo, because he hasnt said anything to make him suspicious.

I still have my finger on mathcam, even though he has been trying to help us...but not everything he has said makes me think innocent.

Beaudoin coming in at the last minute was strange, but I think I would do the same thing unless I had the choice to post earlier. (But I usually log in at times when most people dont have deadlines set)

Im also wondering about sugar, but currently I am kinda playing in the same way.

Currenly the person I find the most scumlike is mathcam, but I dont think I have any good reason to vote at this point in the day. I will make up my mind in my next post...
Disclaimer: This informatin may not be used against me in any way, shape, size or form.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:29 am

Post by Werebear »

Mathcam was one of the first on the last bandwagons that nailed a mafia, and he didn't waver in his vote. This doesn't make him town for sure, but it does help ease my mind on his role a little.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:53 am

Post by mathcam »

I didn't waver in my vote??? I just about voted for every last one of you in one half-hour segment last night? Okay, that's not true, but I certainly wavered. In addition, to respons to Cuban Smoker's "quick to jump" accusation some time ago, I think my vote for Nyar was perfectly reasonable. Whether or not I was mafia, I would have switched my vote to vote to ensure that someone would besides myself would die. I think there is no information to be gained my last-minute vote shift.

I think it's high time we started looking at Cuban Smoker for some sweet, sweet evil. I don't know why, but all of a sudden, I'm very suspicious. Lystrodom was going to be my next vote, but something about the immediate "I'm not dead, the mafia probably tried to kill me" strikes me as funny. More likely, in my opinion, was that CS was shocked that whoever he tried to kill didn't end up dying so felt obligated to post the first explanatory message.

In another note, do we believe there's only one more mafia? Two? It still seems to me that the cop should come forward with his/her information. The cop definitely has information about someone alive, since there was no kill last night. Probably there is at least one more piece of information available as well. Knowing 2 citizens right off the bat now would be very excellent. Having a cop is pointless if we don't use him/her. If they get murdered over night before having talked (which is getting more and more likely with fewer and fewer people) then we might as welll not have had a cop in the first place.

One last thing to think about, and one that I don't have the answers to: Who would a doctor tried to have protected? And who would each of us have tried to kill if we were mafia. If we can find someone we're pretty sure the doctor would have protected, and find someone who likely would have tried to kill
that
person, then I think that's a pretty strong case.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:57 am

Post by mathcam »

Oh wow, I didn't see we already had 3 mafia dead. So almost certainly just one more, right? If this is true, then I'm now positive a cop should come out, and will argue this point with anyone who cares to do so.

Cam
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:13 am

Post by cuban smoker »

mathcam, I can't help but hope you just read the dead list wrong. In 2 of those cases of "mafia" deaths, it was the mafia who performed the kills, not who died. Nyarlahotep is the only dead mafia, and may I remind you that I found him?

I assure you our cop, if s/he hasn't investigated me yet, will do so soon. There is no need to become all suspiscious when someone actually suggests we lynch a mafia.

Well, we do know we have a doctor, so if there is a cop, maybe they should come out... Or maybe not. It's normal not to come out unless they catch someone. Say, the cop comes out and says quercitron and cuban smoker are innocent. I go whoop de doo. And then one of us dies the next night. Odds of cop dying soon are small.

Of course, if the cop does have a mafia, by all means, expose yourself. Point, and we will follow.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:45 am

Post by Werebear »

(Attempting informative, as well as humourous.)

We already have a dead cop, and a dead laundry attendant (version 2). The chances of us having another cop or of getting our pants pressed in this town is probably down to nil. There might be another special role out there. Not "special" as in "special olympics". "special" as in "Save the town". One can hope they don't ride the short bus to school.

There is probably only one killing group. Nights 1 and 2 have been as regular as Gandhi on metamucil. Night 3 appears to have been the same, only someone was saved by a doc. No pattern displays any more kills per night than one.

We know the mafia group is down one. And probably annoyed at that. As there's one group, most likely there's 2 members left, possibly 3, but if there is three, then there's more out there on the town's side then one doc left, I would hope.

Cuban Smoker and mathcam were the two first to vote on the mafia bandwagon. Either could be mafia or town, but I did think it was funny that you assumed the doc saved you, cuban smoker. It might well be, but still... and I'll definitely assume mathcam just read the list wrong... I doubt he was trying to convince those of us left that there were three mafia dead.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:34 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Well it made sense to me... cuban smoker suggests we kill nyarlahotep on a "whim", turns out mafia. I suspect my list is sniffing too close. Does anyone ELSE think they were saved? Now, everyone VOTE!
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:11 am

Post by mathcam »

Ah yes, Idiot be me am. Oops. But perhaps it's my subtle ploy to get you to believe I do ride the special bus, as it were, and then KABAM! You're all dead at night.

Well, this "new" information certainly changes my feel for the game, and I take back everything bad I ever said about anyone and/or their mothers.

Say, the cop comes out and says quercitron and cuban smoker are innocent. I go whoop de doo. And then one of us dies the next night. Odds of cop dying soon are small.

I agree that there's a greater chance that you would die that night, but then again, we (almost) clearly have a doctor, at least helping us get a 50/50 shot. Plus, even if you did die, knowing two citizens for one turn and one citizen on the next is a big help in eliminating suspicion and honing in on the real baddies.

I tend to think, now that I have temporarily regained my sanity, that there probably are three mafia total (2 left...not 0) with a doctor left and probably no more investigative roles.

I guess I'll go back to my original thinking yesterday, and

vote: mikegoo

p.s. MatthewV, not voting for mikegoo because he's new doesn't seem like the best plan. We still have all of Lystrodom's old posts to go off of, so really, until mikegoo posts, he's still Lystrodom.
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:48 pm

Post by mikegoo »

Having very carefully read through the thread it all seems very clear to me:

from mathcam:

Well, this "new" infor
ma
tion certainly changes my
f
eel for the game, and
I
t
a
ke back everything bad I ever said about anyone and/or their mothers.

Notcie how he clearly is leaving the message that he is mafia with those strategically placed letters.

Actually i am more suspiscious of mathcam than anyone else. He is a wealth of information...mostly all bad. He brought up the idea of the mafia being incompetent after lynching jadesmar...possibly trying to get suspicions onto new players. He then wanted a cop to come forth on day 2 and then conveniently misread the dead list and tried to get the cop to come out today. There just seems to be sooo much coming from him and very few good ideas (and several that are down right bad for the town).

vote: mathcam

Now tell me why I'm wrong since I didn't do the most thorough of readings (skimmed many posts) and likely missed a lot.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:04 pm

Post by Sugar »

This is scary for me, being on "the list", but at this point I am willing to trust cuban smoker's instincts again. If he's going after Lystrodom/mikegoo, I'm with him, simply because he was right about Nyarlathotep, and I'm not suspicious enough of anybody else right now to vote them.
Vote: mikegoo
[color=#500000] [size=75]Man! Today is so loopy! - The Tick[/size][/color]
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:18 pm

Post by jeep »

Vote Count: 5 to lynch

mikegoo 3 (Sugar, mathcam, Cuban Smoker)
mathcam 1 (mikegoo)

-JEEP
MatthewV
MatthewV
Ninja
MatthewV
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:09 pm

Post by MatthewV »

I dont think mike as being the same person as lyst. He is more like a person we get with a slight, and very slight, background. Besides, the people who are being replaced generally have boring roles, unless they are being replaced for unexpected reasons. This generalization probably isnt true, but it has some logic in it. And it seems like people agreed with CS the last time something similar to this came up...

I see mafia in mathcam, most of his thoughts seem to be using information he knows but is trying to hide. He just seems to want the important people to come out, even when they dont feel it would be helpful (mind you im assuming the special people are smart.)
also, i still think he is trying to overempize some parts, speficially his random vote for jadesmar. I wouldnt be surprised if he has an investigation role under his belt.

mike is currenly my second choice, but he is helping us by undertaking the sucky role of replacement. ive done it before, and it does suck; everyone wants to kill you are you spend time reading and rereading 5 pages of text. ugh. I got killed during the next night, it was stupid. (thank you mikegoo)

vote mathcam
would have come after is paragraph, but this is where the bold tags got placed.
Disclaimer: This informatin may not be used against me in any way, shape, size or form.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”