Micro 309: Triplicate Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:32 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

I find BRO to be fairly off the cuff in his remarks and speaking fairly openly. I'd equate that with being fairly town. I like the way he is contributing to discussion.

I'm not sure you've given thoughts on BRO past "I like BRO's posts. All of them." Do you have some updated thoughts in BRO?

For LeMidget's numbers, I think they are somewhat playful but I wouldn't say they are indicative of alignment.
For Who's quietness, I'd say that is a lot more indicative of alignment and I believe enough has gone on that he should have some opinions on the matter.

I'm still fairly null on GM, but I think he's contributing enough, at least more than some people (Who!).
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:33 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

I now I am going to bed.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:33 pm

Post by Blackfish »

You seem very inactive in the scumgame you linked. Can you link to one where you were more active?
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:35 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

That's my only one.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:36 pm

Post by Blackfish »

My updated thoughts on BRO are in .
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:37 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:38 pm

Post by Who »

My reads:

RedCoyote - Null
TierShift - town
LeMidget - town
BROseidon - null
BipolarChemist - null
goodmorning - town
Blackfish - scum
Formerfish - null
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:43 pm

Post by Blackfish »

Okay, I have another solid townread: BC based on reading both games and his completed towngame onsite and analyzing his responses to my questioning. The things he is pointing out as scummy matches up with what he would find scummy as town. His thoughts about "loud" players being easy to lynch or controlling lynches checks out as well as his actual beliefs and is null at worst. His reactions to me overall feel town and what I'd expect from him as town. If you want me to elaborate on any part of my reasoning, let me know.

With strong townreads on BRO and BC, I am leaning towards wanting FF lynched out of their group but I'll be interested in hearing how he responds to all this and see if theirs is the all-town group.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:10 pm

Post by Blackfish »

@ Who, explain your reads please.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:49 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 76, BipolarChemist wrote:
In post 75, Formerfish wrote: From my skim I'm not a huge fan of RedC for his position on how the game should be played, my fishy counterpart is questionable, and whoever said Blackfish was town for continuing to push a bullshit tell. That's who I'd be looking at as scum.

Do you think Blackfish's overt pushing is too much to the point of being scummy? Or maybe overzealous town?

I'm leaning overzealous town, but he is quickly picking some fights early in the game, which could lead to a decent sized distraction.
It came off to me as making noise about a non issue to appear active and in the process of scumhunting. I also don't really like it when people try to get town cred for pushing the game past rvs. Scum also has an advantage in doing that because it gives town less to go off of in regards to associative tells. This game is a little different but it focused the discussion on the pretty magicians assistant and we missed the trick being set up.
In post 78, Blackfish wrote:
In post 75, Formerfish wrote:whoever said Blackfish was town for continuing to push a bullshit tell. That's who I'd be looking at as scum.
Why is this scummy?
We have no way of telling if the way you are acting is alignment indicative at all. At best this is a null tell and shouldn't have been used at all. The fact that you got town read for it is bullshit and suspect.
In post 87, LeMidget wrote:
In post 84, BROseidon wrote:
In post 81, LeMidget wrote:I haven't really looked into page 3 and the latter half of 2 yet so I don't know much about Who but I have a 65.89% townread on you, 18.67% scumread on you, and the other 15.44% in constantly in flux.
Uh...

You haven't looked at nearly 1/2 of a 4 page game with limited content?

Also, can I get a list of your completed games?
I glanced at it. Hadn't really looked at it all that much. Either way, not very good at scumhunting so.

I've completed one game, but I'm on mobile so linking is hard. It was the "Dry, Bland, and Tasteless" Mini Normal. By caledfwitch or someone along those lines.
If you aren't good at scum hunting where would you say your talents for lie?
In post 96, Blackfish wrote:
In post 76, BipolarChemist wrote:Do you think Blackfish's overt pushing is too much to the point of being scummy? Or maybe overzealous town?

I'm leaning overzealous town, but he is quickly picking some fights early in the game, which could lead to a decent sized distraction.
I don't like this post.
I hope you don't do this often. It's a pet peeve of mine when people make an empty post like this. It allows the allusion of hunting by letting others fill in your blanks. If you don't like a post say why, makes things a bit harder as scum because it starts to pin them down.
In post 108, Blackfish wrote:I don't want to reveal my main although I wouldn't mind if you still want it after the game.

Both scum and town try to control the lynches of the day. Why does that give you cause for concern? Would you expect town to lie down and not attempt to control who gets lynched?
You apparently utilize meta in your own play, why are you being so reluctant to allow us the same courtesy? This is uberhypocritical and no bueno senor.
In post 123, Blackfish wrote:Also, can you explain your townread on BRO?

Do you agree with my points about him?

Do you think Who's quietness or LeMidget's numbers are alignment indicative?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "GM has been working nicely toward discussion."
Jesus Christ you sound a lot like Thor right now.
In post 131, Who wrote:My reads:

RedCoyote - Null
TierShift - town
LeMidget - town
BROseidon - null
BipolarChemist - null
goodmorning - town
Blackfish - scum
Formerfish - null
I agree with Blackie on this one, posting a bit more would be very helpful, especially since you basically came out of nowhere with those reads.

I myself will get to a reads list soon. Taking care if a sick baby has left me with limited time.
LeMidget
LeMidget
Goon
LeMidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:50 am

Post by LeMidget »

Um, at this stage in the game, I'd like to ask Blackfish to put his vote on Who. I'm fairly certain that you can unvote even if there's a lynch until all three lynches are satisfied.
LeMidget
LeMidget
Goon
LeMidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:51 am

Post by LeMidget »

In post 1, zoraster wrote:
General Rules

7. Scum have daytalk.
Oh, hey. Look what I found. We should look at people's ISOs for character change.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:24 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 89, RedCoyote wrote:
Tier 68 wrote:RC, who do you think the scum is within our group atm and why?
By default I am leaning toward goodmorning for being a little too wordy and having too much of a forced presence.
Explain this, please. I see random words together and I can't connect them to gm's play.
Why aren't you trying to figure out my alignment?
In post 95, LeMidget wrote:I can't really link posts since I'm on mobile but if Blackfish is scum BROseidon is
at least
2.63 times as likely to be scum, due to fact that they have the first solid (like, solid solid) townreads and they're on each other, or at least it looks that way. Could be wrong.

BRO is probstown though, like 73.81%, I think. 23.44% scum, 2.75% flux. If my math is wrong, Add/subtract from flux.
Stop doing this stupid maths thing pls it's annoying.
In post 98, LeMidget wrote:Why not? He brings up an honest point. Why did you focus on the Private Thread thing for so long, anyway? What made you think it wasn't just nothing?
Me likes.
In post 101, BROseidon wrote:
In post 80, Blackfish wrote:I am not sure yet. Do you?
I'd place a vote on this, especially given your alt-status, but I can't.

Other people in Blackfish's group, pls vote blackfish kthx.
Me likes
In post 102, LeMidget wrote:At this exact moment, Who is the scum in team Coconut.
Why?
In post 121, BipolarChemist wrote:For my group, I'm still fairly null on FF and I have a town read on Bro.

In coconut: Who has been quiet lately, after the discussion of how we should play the day out, he didn't seem to have much to say. I haven't been fully following LeMidget, but I do enjoy his percentages.

Finally, in Avocado: This is the only group I'm remotely confident in my reads. Tier hasn't posted in a while and I would like his input on that last couple of pages, but I do have a town read from early game on him. GM is working nicely towards discussion. I could see RC as scum, and would be my choice for this group for a lynch. His reads feel odd and forced.
Hmm ok you are probably town even though some of your earlier reads/plans are really stupid
In post 135, LeMidget wrote:Um, at this stage in the game, I'd like to ask Blackfish to put his vote on Who. I'm fairly certain that you can unvote even if there's a lynch until all three lynches are satisfied.
Why?

I think gm is not scum so I wanna lynch RC in A
FF doesn't give me townvibes in B
Not sure yet if BF or Who for C
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:09 am

Post by Blackfish »

Feeling pretty good about FF being scum.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:10 am

Post by Blackfish »

In post 134, Formerfish wrote:It came off to me as making noise about a non issue to appear active and in the process of scumhunting. I also don't really like it when people try to get town cred for pushing the game past rvs. Scum also has an advantage in doing that because it gives town less to go off of in regards to associative tells. This game is a little different but it focused the discussion on the pretty magicians assistant and we missed the trick being set up.
I explained why I pushed Tiershift: I wanted to see if he was faking towntells or if he genuinely made a mistake. By doing that, I generated discussion and pushed the game past RVS. I disagree that scum has an advantage in doing it. How does it cut off associative tells? In fact, by forcing people to comment on it, I increased the amount of information and associative tells that we gained. Putting a stop to RVS is objectively pro-town. I agree that scum may do it but the motivation is to blend in with the town by doing pro-town things, not to cut off associative tells.
In post 134, Formerfish wrote:We have no way of telling if the way you are acting is alignment indicative at all. At best this is a null tell and shouldn't have been used at all. The fact that you got town read for it is bullshit and suspect.
Firstly, read the thread. It was BipolarChemist who had townread me. You seem to have a scumread on the guy townreading me yet you barely even remember who it is.

Secondly, I disagree with your BC scumread. I've been active, scumhunting, asking questions, and pushing the game forward. If I were an objective outsider, I'd probably townread my slot pretty heavily. I think BC's leaning-town read on me makes sense from a town POV. Your posts are missing the depth of scumhunting that I saw in BipolarChemist's posts. Where as you focused on the fact that I disagreed with you on Tiershift, BipolarChemist looked at the bigger picture. He tried to get at my underlying motivation for acting the way I did speculating that I could be trying to control the lynch as either affiliation. He then wondered as to how and why scum would be able to control the lynch. He is trying to see if my actions line up more with town or scum. In being stuck on my initial question to Tiershift, you are missing the big picture.
In post 134, Formerfish wrote:
In post 96, Blackfish wrote:
In post 76, BipolarChemist wrote:Do you think Blackfish's overt pushing is too much to the point of being scummy? Or maybe overzealous town?

I don't like this post.
I hope you don't do this often. It's a pet peeve of mine when people make an empty post like this. It allows the allusion of hunting by letting others fill in your blanks. If you don't like a post say why, makes things a bit harder as scum because it starts to pin them down.

1) BRO has made a similar post . You haven't commented on it at all. Why not?

2) It shows a lack of reading the thread. I explained what I didn't like about BC's post here in post . Did you miss it?
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:15 am

Post by Blackfish »

Blueberry Group

1. BipolarChemist - Town read
2. BROseidon - Town read
3. Formerfish - Scum read

I have a moderately strong town read on BRO, a very strong townread on BC, and a moderately strong scum read on Formerfish. This is the group I feel most confident about. BRO, BC, thoughts about that?
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:20 am

Post by Blackfish »

In post 135, LeMidget wrote:Um, at this stage in the game, I'd like to ask Blackfish to put his vote on Who. I'm fairly certain that you can unvote even if there's a lynch until all three lynches are satisfied.
I am not confident about our group yet although I am leaning towards it being Who as well.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:21 am

Post by Blackfish »

In post 137, TierShift wrote:
In post 101, BROseidon wrote:
In post 80, Blackfish wrote:I am not sure yet. Do you?
I'd place a vote on this, especially given your alt-status, but I can't.

Other people in Blackfish's group, pls vote blackfish kthx.
Me likes
What do you like about it?
LeMidget
LeMidget
Goon
LeMidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:28 am

Post by LeMidget »

In post 102, LeMidget wrote:At this exact moment, Who is the scum in team Coconut.
Why?
Honestly? Blackfish seems more town than Who right now, combine that with posts (lack of reasoning) and (dodging a question and not wanting cross-discussion). For all I know Team Coconut could all be town.
In post 134, Formerfish wrote:If you aren't good at scum hunting where would you say your talents for lie?
Durdling around and asking smart people stupid questions. I don't know yet. I haven't played much.

Oh! I also played in Whisker's Flavourless Mafia, just found that one
LeMidget
LeMidget
Goon
LeMidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:29 am

Post by LeMidget »

Bottom sentence was for BROseidon, mostly. Not connected to formerfish's question
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:30 am

Post by zoraster »

Avocado
goodmorning ( 0 )

RedCoyote ( 0 )

TierShift ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 3 )
goodmorning RedCoyote TierShift

Blueberry
BipolarChemist ( 0 )

BROseidon ( 0 )

Formerfish ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 3 )
BipolarChemist BROseidon Formerfish

Coconut
Blackfish ( 1 )
Who

LeMidget ( 0 )

Who ( 1 )
LeMidget

Not Voting ( 1 )
Blackfish

DeadlineDeadline is March 15 at 20:00 EDT --- Time Until Deadline: (expired on 2014-03-15 20:00:00)
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:57 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 142, Blackfish wrote:
In post 137, TierShift wrote: Me likes
What do you like about it?
Because i thought along the same lines.
In post 143, LeMidget wrote:
Why?
Honestly? Blackfish seems more town than Who right now, combine that with posts (lack of reasoning) and (dodging a question and not wanting cross-discussion). For all I know Team Coconut could all be town.
Explain to me why blackfish is town, then.

Who, convince me that bare readsposting is not indicative of your scumgame.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:59 am

Post by Blackfish »

In post 146, TierShift wrote:Because i thought along the same lines.
Okay, why do you find it scummy that I am uncertain about whether there is scum in our group and asked LeMidget about his own reads? Why does my being an alt have anything to do with it?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:00 pm

Post by TierShift »

Post 80 just sucked, mkay.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by Blackfish »

Yeah, I get that you don't like it considering you made it obvious. My question is why.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”