Mini 1651: One Flew Over The Monkey's Nest(Scum Wins!)

Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:25 am

Post by Aquanim »

@Metalcyanide
: I think that in the next two days we're going to lynch Mykonian and Boonskiies and they're both going to flip mafia. This is your opportunity to sell me on the idea that you shouldn't come next.

Besides Mykonian and Boonskiies, who do you think is mafia and why? Why do you not think the other people are mafia?
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:27 am

Post by Bellaphant »

TheDudeAbides wrote:Bell,

What don't you like about Myk backing away from Eek? It seems like you should be okay with that.

What do you mean by weirdness around metal?

Because, as I said, it feels like he's looking around, zero-ing in on someone and then moving off if he can't get much going. It's not a comment on Eek, it's a comment on the 'unstickiness' of his reads.

Myk seems to be defending metal; now, metal may or may not be scum, but either way he's not obv!town, as evidenced by points raised in Elyse's and his defense/counter in . Regardless of Elyse's alignment (though I'm currently town-reading her), there is some suspicious activity and I can't see the advantage of town!Myk defending this.

Aquanim wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean here.

The three of you used very similar wording, one after the other, to explain something. It might mean nothing, it was just really..noticeable to me.

Elyse wrote:Deadline is Monday? I won't be available Monday but I will be able to check in until then. I still prefer a metal lynch but if it doesn't look like it's happening I will move my vote before deadline. The last thing we need is another NL.

I do implore everyone to ISO me for my metal case and see what you think because I really think he's scum and I'm afraid that all of the opposition to his lynch means I'm right. The speed of the Myko wagon is certainly frightening but Aquanim's point regarding his Boon read is very strong. I understand the reasons to lynch him but it still makes me worry a little bit.

If a Metal lynch doesn't look like it's happening, would you be willing to move your vote? 'Course, now with the deadline extension, you might have more time to convince people.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:38 am

Post by Elyse »

Yes I would be willing to move my vote but I'm still not sold on mykonian as scum.

Also, metal, could you answer TDA's question to you regarding your reaction test? I don't think you addressed that.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by toolenduso »

I feel better about a Metal wagon than a Myk wagon.

VOTE: Metal

I hope at some point we can pay more attention to eektor.

Spoiler: My reread of the second half of Metal's ISO
-#660 and #669 are the culmination of Metal responding to Aqua's cautioning the town not to forget about lurkers by listing the lurkers and then realizing that some of them weren't lurkers at all, which was pretty much just him letting Aqua drive his actions. This happens later when he votes Myk after Aqua's case.
-#1012 is another good example of this, but a particularly weird one. He gives a list of three people he wants town to consider lynching, then all it takes is Aqua asking about eektor for Metal to say eektor should be on the list as well. It looks like scum testing the waters for as many lynches as possible/not having a valid reason to scumread people.
-Metal's vote for RC in #1143 is weird because I don't think there was like any support for an RC lynch at that point. There are several possible scum explanations, him not caring about lynching because he's not town/being too scared of how he would look if he voted for IL/not wanting to vote for a buddy. This happened the day before the D1 deadline.
-Same with the vote for mykonian in #1202. RC was the only other person voting myk at that point, and it's p weird in my opinion that so close to deadline he goes from scumreading RC to voting with RC on a wagon nobody else is interested in.
-He finally votes for IL in #1263, but it's an hour before deadline and he makes sure to point out that everybody else made him do it by not going along with his unpopular wagons.
-Level of anger at Boon in #1349 isn't justified and therefore seems manufactured.
-The whole "semi-crazy" and "just a theory" thing in #1412 doesn't make sense given his later explanations. I asked him about this and he said he put that in there as a reaction test, but if you want to reaction test then it doesn't make sense to say that your read isn't even really a read, but more just a wild idea. I think this comes from a scummy mindset of wanting to test the waters and give yourself an out if people don't agree. Then I ask him about it later and he applies retroactive reasoning.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1572, mykonian wrote:don't think too much, it makes your head hurt.

@Elyse, toolenduso
: The above is Mykonian's reply to TheDudeAbides questioning Mykonian's scumread on TDA; Mykonian is not actually trying to push TDA with any reason or case, despite his vote on TDA, and the above post looks like the kind of thing that would be said to someone you know is town.

That being said: You have both alluded to some cause for doubt that Mykonian is town. You are going to have to explain that.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by Aquanim »

EBWOP: "cause for doubt that Mykonian is mafia" or "cause to believe that Mykonian is town". Whichever way floats your boat.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:10 pm

Post by eektor »

I can get behind a mykonian lynch.

VOTE: mykonian

He's at L-1 now.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:50 pm

Post by Aquanim »

@eektor
: Can you give an update as to your read on Bellaphant/InsidiousLemons?

If you have any other interesting reads or points I'd quite like to hear them too.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:31 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Vote Count 2.06 - up to post #1607.

Mykonian[5]: Aquanim, Metalcyanide, TheDudeAbides, pisskop, eektor[L-1]
Metalcyanide[1]: Elyse, toolenduso
TheDudeAbides[1]: mykonian
Aquanim[1]: Boonskiies

Not Voting[1]: Bellaphant

Mod Notes: Eektor, Mykonian, TheDudeAbides, and pisskop are V/LA.

With 10 alive, it requires 6 votes to lynch.
Day ends on Tuesday, April 7th at 7:00 PM USA Mountain Time
, or when a lynch occurs
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:31 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 1600, Aquanim wrote:
@Metalcyanide
: I think that in the next two days we're going to lynch Mykonian and Boonskiies and they're both going to flip mafia. This is your opportunity to sell me on the idea that you shouldn't come next.

Besides Mykonian and Boonskiies, who do you think is mafia and why? Why do you not think the other people are mafia?

Tool is a good possibility he has had a slight defense of Boon for a good part of the game and has not made a read on Myk besides early game.
The only other person I think could be scum, and this is a very weak scum read, is Bell. He & IL could of been distancing themselves from Myk and Boon but again this is a real stretch
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:06 am

Post by Elyse »

My hesitance to lynch mykonian stems from my early townread on him. He and I had very similar thought processes and he would say things that were on my mind. This either comes from a town mindset or an adept scum mindset. Not to say that mykonian isn't skilled, but it's hard to fake.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:29 am

Post by eektor »

In post 1607, Aquanim wrote:
@eektor
: Can you give an update as to your read on Bellaphant/InsidiousLemons?

If you have any other interesting reads or points I'd quite like to hear them too.

My scum read was on IL but since Bella replaced I haven't seen anything particularly scummy so far which is making me think my scum read on IL was due to lack of activity.

So far I'm wondering why metal was so reluctant to vote IL when he was on the lynching block and yet he jumped pretty quickly onto the myko wagon.

Then another thing is when myko's wagon is catching steam, tool dropped his vote on me and went to metal.

So, if myko is scum, I think tool could be a possible buddy as well as Boon. But I do see a link between metal and IL/Bella which worries me.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:42 am

Post by Boonskiies »

tool or aqua. not myko. myko's town. rawr.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:11 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@boon, is my slot skill scum for you? Thoughts on metal?

@eek, hi! Someone I know.

I dunno why metal is being odd around me. @metal, why no vote for my predecessor?

Ugh, my vote needs to go somewhere. So, this is intent to hammer Myk tomorrow (deadline approaching) or, metal.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

I didn't want to vote for IL because of his IRL stuff thats it
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:23 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1610, Elyse wrote:My hesitance to lynch mykonian stems from my early townread on him. He and I had very similar thought processes and he would say things that were on my mind. This either comes from a town mindset or an adept scum mindset. Not to say that mykonian isn't skilled, but it's hard to fake.

Were most or all of those thoughts about Taly?

Because, while I didn't think Taly was scum myself, nor that on the whole he played exceptionally badly... pointing out his "mistakes" was like shooting fish in a barrel.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by Elyse »

Yeah I guess. Basically this:
In post 1009, Elyse wrote:Yes, I agree with you in that interaction.

There have been several times throughout the thread where mykonian has posted exactly what I am thinking and I know it's coming from a town mindset. Also, there's one specific time I remember he wanted to interact with me because it would firm up his read on me which made me feel better because there was a slight worry he was buddying me.

Most of it was about Taly, though most of D1 was about Taly.

@metal
You still have to explain your reaction test.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:48 pm

Post by toolenduso »

I have my doubts about mykonian but I'm not joining a wagon with eektor and metal on it.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:46 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1617, toolenduso wrote:I have my doubts about mykonian but I'm not joining a wagon with eektor and metal on it.

Given Metal's previous statements about Mykonian (and Boon) he didn't have a choice under the circumstances, whatever his alignment or Mykonian's.

Have you looked at eektor's meta?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:40 am

Post by mykonian »

I have just returned home, read the last page, seems there's little left to do with an extension and no counterwagon.

I suspect it's not worth the effort to quickly read everything.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:41 am

Post by pisskop »

unvote
vote: Metalcyanide

No counterwagon is troublesome. I have schoolworks I
have
to do, but Id like to exp]lore this game.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:46 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 1616, Elyse wrote:
@metal

The reaction test was to see how you would respond, to see if others would respond, and just get conversation going again because we were at a stand still at the time
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:48 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 1620, pisskop wrote:
unvote
vote: Metalcyanide

No counterwagon is troublesome. I have schoolworks I
have
to do, but Id like to exp]lore this game.

Voting for me just to have a counterwagon is counter productive right now imo. You're basically helping scum use me as a distraction.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:45 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 1621, Metalcyanide wrote:
In post 1616, Elyse wrote:
@metal

The reaction test was to see how you would respond, to see if others would respond, and just get conversation going again because we were at a stand still at the time

What were you expecting? How would I have responded if I was scum?
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:54 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

Not expecting anything just looking at what I got.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”