Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:28 am

Post by Bookitty »

Okay, Orci! I can only read so much tonight :)

Anyway I believe you. I'll check them out and report back too.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:30 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1724, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1716, Brian Skies wrote:There's nothing to ask Lynx or STD because neither of them contribute any original thought to the game.

This probably isn't worth arguing, but ouch

I'll put your contributions up against Brian Skies any day of the week, STD. At least your attack on me made sense.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:30 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

I've looked at mara's scum-claiming tendencies going back to sep last year now. she does not claim VT. she fakeclaims even in open setups.

i see nothing town in her soft to me at all
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:31 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1721, Bookitty wrote:@Brian Skies: What did you mean by your , then, if you're not suggesting I was using a weak reason to justify his actions?

Can you clarify what you think now that you've actually read my post in context?

The context hasn't changed because your position hasn't changed. It was never a question (it was actually a pointed comment) and it's only a question now because you're responding to it.

I was expressing my distaste (there's a better word for this, but I can't think of it right now) of your post. You acknowledged what he was doing, but it didn't seem like you had any semblance of a scumread on him. Like you're fencesitting your position in the event the wagon doesn't actually take off.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:35 am

Post by Bookitty »

I still want an answer from wgeurts about why he accused and voted Mara and then backed off completely. I want the reasoning behind why he said what he did, disappeared and then came back and recanted.

I have a paranoid theory that he wanted us to quicklynch her while he was gone.

@BrianSkies: Whatever, you said you didn't even read the first post which was the only reason I commented it. If SMP doesn't start calling the Lynx wagoneers scum I wouldn't have posted anything about it because IT WASN'T MY PRIMARY INTEREST. I don't know how I can make it any more clear to you that I don't care about a Lynx wagon because I am looking at other people right now.

Speaking of fence-sitting, why don't you give those reads? You're still voting grapes and, while you made a pointed little comment about my vote on Varsoon, you voted him too. So let's hear some non-fence-sitting from you, okay? Reads please. Make our eyes bleed.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:37 am

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p5114229

fakeclaims town bp

i will fucking keep going

and i'm not just cherry picking games here

in every game, going back to july, that Mara has played as scum and has claimed in, she has fakeclaimed. in open setups. in non-open setups. in sun. in rain. in the heat of hell. in chicago.

fakeclaiming is mara's scum MO.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:37 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1681, Cheetory6 wrote:Can I get some reasoning on him being town?

In post 1613, wgeurts wrote:then a member of our hood get a mod message saying orcinus is town.

Not so much an argument for him being town. But I think this is a fair reason to at least consider looking elsewhere?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:47 am

In post 1670, Cheetory6 wrote:Strikes me as scum trying to spread votes/trying to look like they're townhunting because they don't want to seem like they're just sitting on an inevitable mislynch all of D1.

if i had a dime for each time people ragged on me for jumping votes around too much
In post 1670, Cheetory6 wrote:#165. Lolwut. Okay with voting NS at any point, but BPC doing it is scummy?

ns struck me as a policy lynch start of day 1 so obviously sitting a vote on useless shit like him is scummy when there's actually something to talk about

he has since picked up his game
In post 1670, Cheetory6 wrote:#197 tells ssk to move off notsci and back onto Varsoon while he's voting for BPC. Lol.

i told ssk to move onto varsoon?
In post 197, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:ssk why are you even bothering notsci is vigbait/policy lynch. tell me about varsoon walking into a neighborhood and calling ppl "assholes"

i don't think i did, hm.

In post 1670, Cheetory6 wrote:Either being protown or trying to look protown. Leaning to the latter because I'm biased at this point.

interesting how many times you say this but that you never try to counteract your bias

In post 1670, Cheetory6 wrote:
orcinus wrote:Id love to help but unfortunately I don't like discussing my Cabd read in front of Cabd

Please explain this.
Interactions orci has with cabd are weird. I don't like them.

Unfortunate, isn't it?

i'm late for a meeting brb
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:48 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1729, Bookitty wrote:Whatever, you said you didn't even read the first post which was the only reason I commented it.

Your first post is irrelevant anyways.

In post 1729, Bookitty wrote:Speaking of fence-sitting, why don't you give those reads?

Don't feel like it. And Honeybee never answered the question (and I'm not putting in more effort than I need to). The only reason I'm giving the choice to her is because I believe it actually makes a difference in her read on me based on prior experience with her. You don't even know me.

In post 1729, Bookitty wrote:while you made a pointed little comment about my vote on Varsoon, you voted him too.

Yes, I voted him because I thought he scumslipped into the wrong topic. And I thought he was full of shit with his "I think everyone in my hood is town."

The issue I have is the way you pushed the Varsoon wagon, making an argument about how he was concocting an epiphany based on taking a stance that was provided to him from you. He didn't because he already explained his stance regarding what information scum had in 647. But you acted as though you caught lying scum instead of actually trying to figure out his thought process.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:12 am

In post 1670, Cheetory6 wrote:I get this feeling from orcinus's posts that he cares about how people are thinking about him in a self-centered way.

you say this like it's bad but i'm not too sure why

In post 1670, Cheetory6 wrote:#649 but no varsoon vote. Lol.

it was like 2 days into the game i didn't want to end day yet?

of course that changed when i realized varsoon would just be anti-town

In post 1670, Cheetory6 wrote:This is a shit reason to scumread someone.

Cheetory

i'm going to be very honest with you, and i don't do this with a lot of people

i've always cared very much about your judgement of how good my reasons to scumread people are

without exaggeration my gameplay on this site has been heavily influenced by your opinions. i've always tried to model my play and analysis to some extent after what you do. you mean very much to me, and for the year i've spent here nobody else has had an impact on me the way you have

and so please understand that i feel hurt on a very personal level that you might say this. if you think my reasoning is shit, couldn't you at least tell me why? no doubt you are correct, but know that as part of my continuing struggle to reach your level of excellence, any detailed feedback as to why my reads are shit would be heavily appreciated.

please also be kinder in the future. i write this with a broken heart.

In post 1670, Cheetory6 wrote:I don't mind a meta case on Mara, but it feels like he's trying too hard to make his scumread on Mara seem legitimate/trying to discredit Mara's scumread on him.

i don't think i can even respond to that

"cheetoy, i like your entrance posts, but it feels like you're trying too hard to look like town/trying to make your opinions heard."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:12 am

Post by Bookitty »

@ Brian Skies: Your position makes no sense. Here's a summary of why:

People vote Lynx.
SMP says, What what WHAT? You guys are voting him for no reason! Scumpoints for the wagon!
Bookitty says, It's not no reason. Lynx essentially voted for Mara without any reason at all. That's a good reason to vote someone.
Brian Skies says, Why are you defending Lynx like that? Why why why?
Bookitty says, What, I wasn't defending him, what the hell?
Brian Skies says, Oh, I didn't read the context. But it doesn't matter anyway because irrelevant! Irrelevant!

What the hell, man. Make sense.

Your refusal to give reads is noted, as is your lack of pretty much anything else of use in this thread.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:14 am

Post by Natirasha »

Vote Count 2.4

<Cackling Intensifies>

wgeurts(1):
Bookitty
LynxKuroneko(5):
Konowa, Honey bee, Save The Dragons, orcinus_theoriginal, Cephrir
Flubbernugget(1):
MafiaSSK
Cephrir(0):

Save the Dragons(0):

BipolarChemist(0):

fferyllt(0):

MafiaSSK(0):

honey bee(0):

Cabd(0):

Ms Marangal(0):

Albert B. Rampage(0):

SMP(0):

Brian Skies(0):

Cheetory6(1):
Brian Skies
Bookitty(0):

orcinus_theoriginal(2):
Ms Marangal, Cheetory6
Saki(0):

Konowa(0):

notscience(2):
Albert B. Rampage
No Lynch(0):

Not Voting(10):
BipolarChemist, Cabd, SMP, Saki, notscience, Neotank Mk2, fferyllt, Flubbernugget, wgeurts, LynxKuroneko

With twenty-one alive, it takes eleven to lynch.

(expired on 2014-11-27 21:00:00)
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:15 am

In post 1731, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 1681, Cheetory6 wrote:Can I get some reasoning on him being town?

In post 1613, wgeurts wrote:then a member of our hood get a mod message saying orcinus is town.

Not so much an argument for him being town. But I think this is a fair reason to at least consider looking elsewhere?

does anybody else find it strange that i was the investigation target?

anybody at all?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:18 am

Post by Bookitty »

Yeah, you wouldn't have been my first choice, Orcinus.

I don't know. I have major paranoia about that slot. I can't imagine revealing role information or results in his neighbourhood would be safer than revealing them to the entire town, given that fact.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:19 am

Post by Bookitty »

that slot = wgeurts.

I just can't spell it without looking it up.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:20 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I find it mildly entertaining how you try to make other people look bad in relation to you. Your summary is a blatant misrepresentation of our exchange.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:24 am

Post by Bookitty »

Please, explain how I'm misrepresenting you using direct quotes, as I did.

I think the misreps went ALL the other way.

And you look bad all by yourself. How's that vote on Cheetory working out for you? If you think Lynx is so scummy that my failure to comment it vociferously enough is grounds for an interrogation, why aren't YOU voting him, hmmm?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:27 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1741, Bookitty wrote:Please, explain how I'm misrepresenting you using direct quotes, as I did.

Where have I misrepresented you? And how does your summary in any way reflect our exchange? This is just you throwing shade.

I'm okay with my vote. I don't think Cheetory's scum but I'm posturing my vote in three different ways right now. And he's not in any danger of getting lynched so I don't care.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:33 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1696, Brian Skies wrote:you think a desire to use one's ability merits opportunism and general lack of anything that may resemble scumhunting/actual contribution to the thread

Phrased as a question. Can't be derived from anything I said. Obviously attempting to influence others to think I somehow implied that.

In post 1704, Brian Skies wrote:you were the one who said it didn't look scummy.

I didn't say that.

In post 1709, Brian Skies wrote:To make it more understandable and less pointed for you, why don't you think it makes him scummy?

Again, I didn't say that. I said his wagon was justified. I didn't say anything about scummy or not scummy except that I thought his wagon was JUSTIFIED. That I understood why people were voting him. That I was okay with the wagon. Wow, I must really have not thought he was scummy, right?

There's three times you tried to put words into my mouth or asked questions in a leading way that didn't reflect anything I'd said.

Meanwhile, your vote is sitting on someone you don't think is scum. So that's awesome too.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:38 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1743, Bookitty wrote:Phrased as a question. Can't be derived from anything I said. Obviously attempting to influence others to think I somehow implied that.

Uh, yes it can. I literally got that from you because you said you didn't think it made him scum after acknowledging he only voted for stahr points, which I explained later.

In post 1743, Bookitty wrote:
In post 1704, Brian Skies wrote:you were the one who said it didn't look scummy.

I didn't say that.

You're right. I realized my mistake and fixed it here.

In post 1743, Bookitty wrote:Again, I didn't say that. I said his wagon was justified. I didn't say anything about scummy or not scummy except that I thought his wagon was JUSTIFIED. That I understood why people were voting him. That I was okay with the wagon. Wow, I must really have not thought he was scummy, right?

Read my words.

In post 1743, Bookitty wrote:Meanwhile, your vote is sitting on someone you don't think is scum. So that's awesome too.

I dare you to try and make this a scumpoint for me. I guarantee you'll lose (I have meta on my side muahahahaha).
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:02 pm

Post by LynxKuroneko »

I would have investigated orcinus N1 for trying to direct doc actions. Sure, he tried to safeguard any scrutiny through it, but it didn't feel right to me.

And why are people insisting I joined Varsoon's wagon? Is my name on there without my knowledge or something?

What do you guys think are the odds of scum in a two-person hood given a game of this size? :/

Anyway, throughout the reading, orcinus is actually one of very few, if any, that stood out to me.
Cheetory6's post here actually mirrors some of the things that didn't sit well. Also due to the doc manipulation he tried to pull D1, orc's the only one I'm comfortable saying I have a scum read on.

As far as the Mara interactions, it seems like a lot of loose ends were created there. A quick ISO of yoghurts seems to show that he's content posting behind a veil where his actions look useful but don't help us out at all. Can we believe #1613?

I tend to take an anti-lurk stand in my games, but I know doing that here would be quite hypocritical considering. But I'm hoping to change that soon as I continue to read into things. (I wanted to suggest something related to this, but I think at this point it'll only worsen any scumreads on me).
When locked in a fortress in your own mind, be careful what door you open.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:16 pm

In post 1745, LynxKuroneko wrote:Sure, he tried to safeguard any scrutiny through it, but it didn't feel right to me.

tell me more
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by LynxKuroneko »

Wondering why you're so keen on trying to manipulate night actions, sleepy_pikachu. From what I've seen, players don't go around giving orders to the town doc (that may or may not exist, too). Ah, and then you go and mention soft claims. Right?

I sure hope you feel better hopping onto my easy wagon instead of pursuing your crusade. :)
When locked in a fortress in your own mind, be careful what door you open.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by Konowa »

In post 1745, LynxKuroneko wrote:And why are people insisting I joined Varsoon's wagon? Is my name on there without my knowledge or something?

Ugh? I don't think anyone is doing this? It's the surety of your post [Why isn't Varsoon lynched yet?] before you disappeared.

My vote on you was mainly for your vote on Mara Today.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:33 pm

In post 1747, LynxKuroneko wrote:1

Wondering why you're so keen on trying to manipulate night actions, sleepy_pikachu. From what I've seen, players don't go around giving orders to the town doc (that may or may not exist, too). Ah, and then you go and mention soft claims. Right?

I sure hope you feel better hopping onto my easy wagon instead of pursuing your crusade. :)

i'm giving mara until tonight to respond. she just got into chicago yesterday.

thanks for linking where i called for doc protections. i was asking you why it didn't feel right to you. when i have a reason to, and when i'm townread as I am in this game, i call for doc protection on certain targets. i've done this in the past and it's proven fairly effective.

this time i wanted fery/ceph/me to survive so i could land in a neighborhood with them. i know that proximity with fery and ceph will allow me to read them with a very high degree of accuracy.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”