PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:11 am

Post by PolarBoy »

Sorry for dissappearing, forgot I'd be away over the weekend and couldn't get to the computer 'til just now.

NEHI, I didn't put much weight behind "I have some information that makes me believe him". The fact is that malaprop had been doing a lot of things I didn't like from day one. Most notably misrepresenting a good deal of what was said. Also I caught a tone in his posts that almost said "I was right on the money about PBuG/rOver and you guys aren't gonna be able to lynch me because of it.". I'm sorry that it turned out badly.

I'm going to reread the thread.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:18 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Vote Count

No votes.

9 alive, 5 to lynch.

No post in a whole day. Shame on you... Setting a revokable deadline, which can be revoked, if there's enough discussion.
Deadline: Friday 20.00 h GMT. If not revoked then 3 to lynch on the deadline.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:26 am

Post by PolarBoy »

Untrod Tripod wrote:How did I "celebrate" when he died?
You were kind of callous about it. What was that about?

NEHI, you have some information, is there any evidence to confirm or deny Untrod Tripod/Indentureddjinn's role-claim?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:05 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Being callous=celebrating? Oh well, I'll leave it alone, he was probably just using hyperbole.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:59 am

Post by PolarBoy »

Where the heck is everybody?
NEHI
NEHI
Goon
NEHI
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:19 am

Post by NEHI »

PolarBoy wrote:NEHI, you have some information, is there any evidence to confirm or deny Untrod Tripod/Indentureddjinn's role-claim?
No, I'm afraid not.

OK, let's consider this... I had a theory that each role is related to Franky in a different way. So there would only be one sister-of-Franky, only one son-of-Franky, etc. What does everyone think of this theory?

Also, I think that the idea Tigris had, for the cop to come out, if we have a cop, might be a good idea.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:50 am

Post by PolarBoy »

hmm...I just noticed that indentureddjinn claimed to be a nephew of Franky, and said that Untrod Tripod was his mother. That would make UT a sister of Franky. So so far we have a sister, brother, nephew, son, and daughter of Franky. So I guess I should mention that my role is also a sister of Franky. On the other hand Franky could certainly have more than one sister. Why won't anybody else talk?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:38 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I've done a fair share of talking/throwing around stupid allegations/and just generally being an idiot. I think it's someone else's turn.
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:04 am

Post by indentureddjinn »

im very lost at this point. the only person i see warranting thought is polar, because of his insatiousness to know something about UT, but that may just be curiousity...

Anyway small
fos:polarboy

vote:polarboy
to get the discussion going, if no one jumps on the wagon or it is proved false i will withdraw
"na hanyate hanyamane sarire"
-Chapter 2, verse 20 Bhagavada Gita
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2469/irvington9zs.jpg
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:05 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Well, I can see why he would want to know about me. I mean, you roleclaimed for me. That probably seems a little suspicious to him.
Besides, he wants to get discussion going.
vote Tigris
That's to get discussion going as well.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:40 pm

Post by Tigris »

Discussion would be helpful at this point. Perhaps this will help meaningful discussion.

1) I doubt that there is only one of any given relation to Franky, especially given that I am his 'brother'
2) I have narrowed who the cop could be to two people (actually I am almost positive I know who it is), coming out now would be highly advised, especially as you have at least 1 investigation result and with 3 investigations, sanity shouldn't be too much of an issue, and if I can narrow it down, the mafia can likely do so as well.
3) The night deadline was not reached before day started=all choices were in before the deadline=cop received a result and doc/blocker knows who (at least) one innocent/guilty person is. Combining that with the first night, at the very minimum that provides 1 person cleared, in which case the doc would be well advised to remain silent.
4) Why am I so sure that there is a cop? Because I am the back-up cop, 'Paperclip Tigris' is what they call me, which is why I was pressing Boo earlier about names. Why am I claiming now? Because I am irritated at the pace of this game (at least partially my fault) and hope all this will at least spark some discussion/information. Plus it somewhat forces the cop's hand, before there could be speculation as to whether there was a cop or not, now there cannot (unless I am lying).

Oh and I am finding PB less suspicious for his last second vote, I have voted for people because they were irritating me as well (if I am reading PB's post correctly).
Yanqush
Yanqush
Goon
Yanqush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:55 pm

Post by Yanqush »

few thoughts and questions on this matter:

1)I doubt that knowing what relation a particular person is in relation to Franky is likely to help much, since the scum can just make up any old relation.... but i have a feeling that the wife of Franky might know exactly how many relation Franky has?

2)I am interested to know what are the merits of actually flushing out our cop at this particular moment?

3)Also, I am a tad curious of NEHI's aims of putting his vote on a quiet one then coming up with other reasons to fos someone else.

4)Whats with "Paperclip Tigris", is that the name that came with your role?...
Its spelt with a Q, a Q I tell ya!
[size=92][i]Everything, but not anything, in moderation...[/i][/size]
[size=67]Well..... except maybe mafia.....[/size]
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:04 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Vote Count

PolarBoy (indentureddjinn)
Tigris (Untrod Tripod)

Not voting: the rest.

5 to lynch.

I think I will revoke the deadline, although I'm not very much impressed by the number of posts, I see that many of you haven't forgotten about the game. Also, I don't like deadlines.
Deadline: revoked
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:55 am

Post by PolarBoy »

"Paperclip Tigris"...Was that some sort of pun on "Paper Tiger"?

I don't have much to say right now. Except that I agree with Tigris in that it's a good idea for the cop to come out.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:16 am

Post by Tigris »

I'm not really sure about the pun of paper tiger, but essentially I use paperclips to pick locks to see what people are doing. I guess based on the reaction that few other people received a name *shrug*.

Benefits of the cop coming out now; sure to be protected from a kill, which will likely be aimed at him/her tonight if they don't come out, gives more information into the game and helps to direct the town. Essentially, three investigations in a mini gives the town a considerable amount of information, but that all gets lost if the cop gets killed, hence why I think it is a good idea for the cop to come out now.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:20 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Why don't you come out right now?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:22 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I only say that because a mafioso would also be eager for the cop to come out right now so he could nightkill them or find a reason to lynch them. Not that I'm accusing you, but we have to examine everything.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:39 am

Post by Gaspode »

I guess it's time. I am Franky's wife. Since I own the castle, I have the keys to all its rooms. Each night I investigate someone's room, searching
only
for a CIA badge (i.e. I doubt I can find SK's). I haven't found one yet, but assuming I'm not naive (the role says I don't know much about the business) I can 100% confirm one person and mostly confirm two others--I'll explain that if we decide to reveal my investigations.

Based on these investigations and his conduct in the game,
major FOS: Polarboy
. I also don't like Tigris' role claim much; did anyone else get a name?
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:17 pm

Post by PolarBoy »

No name here, just sister of Franky. Tigris' roleclaim strikes me as odd too. Of course a single non-sequitor role is a definite possibility. What makes it weird is that Kerplunk was pretty open about how roles would be written at the beginning.

Vote: Tigris
For the role claim, but also for other reasons.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:33 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I am also sister of Franky. Although Franky could have multiple sisters, I also think that Tigris has been setting off my scumdar for a while now.

vote Tigris
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:57 pm

Post by indentureddjinn »

unvote:polarboy

vote:tigris

tigris does seem suspicious, and since no one really can prove he isn't bad (unless Gaspode knows something we don't) then i believe he is the best vote we have
"na hanyate hanyamane sarire"
-Chapter 2, verse 20 Bhagavada Gita
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2469/irvington9zs.jpg
NEHI
NEHI
Goon
NEHI
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:10 pm

Post by NEHI »

WTF? I don't see what's suspicious about Tigris' claim. Why would he claim it if he's scum? Why would he add the name? Why would he come out defending Boo, whose role looked suspicious before. At least let's not rush into this! He only needs one more vote. Can we talk this over more? I really think his plan is a good idea.
Untrod Tripod wrote:I only say that because a mafioso would also be eager for the cop to come out right now so he could nightkill them
Except he wouldn't be able to, because the doc would protect the cop.
Untrod Tripod wrote:or find a reason to lynch them.
Right... Tigris says the cop should come out. The cop comes out. Tigris says let's lynch the cop! Idiotic.

And now that the cop HAS come out, you want to end the day before we can at least discuss what to do about it! UNVOTE NOW.

Also, I believe now that my theory was definitely wrong. Someone else who has claimed has the same relation as mine, and I believe they are innocent.
NEHI
NEHI
Goon
NEHI
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:14 pm

Post by NEHI »

Untrod Tripod wrote:I am also sister of Franky. Although Franky could have multiple sisters, I also think that Tigris has been setting off my scumdar for a while now.
I might be misunderstanding you here, but Tigris did not claim sister. He claimed brother. PolarBoy is the other sister. At least get your reasons straight, however poor the reasons may be.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:29 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

ah crap! sorry, I read PolarBoy's post, and saw sister and Tigris' name, and was thinking about voting Tigris... you know how it is. Although that wasn't really a reason why I think he's suspicous, I DID get that wrong.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”