New York 194: Guns N' Roses Mafia! (Day 8)

KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 8:30 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 2060, Killthestory wrote:dont try to comment on every page. just read and give your thoughts or youll never finish
This.
In post 2062, RachMarie wrote:@Kill doing short catchups as I go along so that its not one huge ass wall,
There's less wrong with walls than there are a page of first three-four sentence posts.
In post 2063, RachMarie wrote:Ok caught up
Bullshit. It took me six hours to get through everything, and that was when the page was on ~Page 54.
In post 2067, Slandaar wrote:Assume there is a player X who is playing similar to Snarky and doing very little.

If this player X is town then they are helping scum I can accept this argument. They are helping scum because they are an easy target for a mislynch. The issue is that player X can be scum. When they are scum they are helping town making themselves a likely target for a lynch so their actions are pro-town. Taking all this into account we can say their actions are actually neutral unless you know their alignment. What they are actually doing is being anti-agenda, which is to say they are not playing to help their agenda whatever that is.
I'll try to rephrase this to optimize clarity. If someone is doing something that is not helping town then they are not using their town slot as much as possible, which is akin to two wolves bringing sheep to their slaughter. It's a tug of war and town need to pull or they're being pulled. I don't accept the idea of neutral forces.
In post 1470, KuroiXHF wrote:Snarky is not helping the town. Snarky does not produce content. Snarky is coasting by, laying under the radar more than anyone (save one or two) and
Snarky doesn't show that he's going to do anything differently.
You imply Snarky posting more would have been a town action here.
?[/quote]
Abso-freaking-lutely. The EASIEST way for scum to sneak under the radar is to post enough to be seen as not being a lurker, but not enough to really be noticed. At the same time, it's one of the first things I look for. I look for people who post little or a lot, but with low content. I give them more less benefit of the doubt than I do someone who posts a lot, but is controversial with their opinions.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 9:15 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 2074, RachMarie wrote:So that means you think frag is fake claiming that would mean you think frag is scum, why are you not voting for him then instead of a non entity like yume?
Why can't they both be town?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 9:46 am

Post by KickAssAndGiggle »

Mod: ilikebugs hasn't posted for a while...like...uh...12 days
It's OK if you disagree with me. I can't
force
you to be right...
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 10:03 am

Post by Fraggernaut »

Prod dodge. Gotta work 12 hours & won't be back till tomorrow
GP:6 Town W/L (2-4) Mafia W/L (0-0)

Currently Playing: NY 194: GnR Mafia
Currently Modding: None
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 11:26 am

Post by RachMarie »

how can they both be town based on their claims? Frag states as part of his claim that he watched Ira go to dude who got killed? Not sure what the enabler part is all about, but when I was a town ascetic I could not be watched, investigated, or anything, but killed by mafia or lynched during the day. So

Either Frag is lying about his results since he would not be able to watch the ascetic OR he is telling the truth and Ira is lying about his claim umm how on earth is that possible that both can be town?
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 11:40 am

Post by Killthestory »

lynch irao kekek ek kek ek
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 11:53 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Iroan Enables an Ascetic.
He isn't one himself.

He should still die.
Can someone hammer?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:08 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 2009, iraonavp wrote:It's obvious that he only claimed now because he was about to get lynched. He would've immediately claimed the result on day 2 if he was what he claims to be, especially after nobody wanted to lynch me.

I'm town ascetic enabler. So there is almost certainly an ascetic role in this setup.
If we see that you're town , then Frag was lying to us, then we'd lynch him next . I caught up to part of pg 81 so far and it looks like Frag's telling the truth so UNVOTE:
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 2028, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:
In post 2026, Aristophanes wrote:I wouldn't call it a policy, as it is situationally based.
However, I'd rather risk losing an ascetic enabler than a watcher.
If he is scum, he's dead meat tomorrow. If he's town, he is far better to us alive than dead.
It's merely weighing the potential risks. Your lynch is the better play here.
If it's a fake claim by iraonavp, it's a strange one. I've never been in a game with an ascetic enabler before, so it's hardly common. I get the logic in your post but I find Frag's claim much more suspect than iraonavp's. My gut says Frag is bs'ing.

If iraonavp is telling the truth though, and scum have an ascetic, no way they kill him.

UNVOTE:

For now.
Ascetic OR Enabler would even make more sense. But a Town Ascetic Enabler, no I don't think so. Almost finished my catchup, on pg 82 now.

Intent to hammer.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 2031, Fraggernaut wrote:Instead of being a detriment to town if you're town (I don't think you are), & try to actually analyze the information I provided you.

I seriously doubt there is another protective role in this game
:(
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 2042, DrippingGoofball wrote:What is it with the idiotic Irannavp votes????

He's really towning it up

I bet all of Yume's buddies are on his wagon already.
WOW.....this slot. :facepalm:
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:23 pm

Post by Performer »

Something else that's still bothering me is that Yume & Guy replaced out right after n2 when there was only 1 death - the death of Egg.
Hmm.
-----
In post 2052, Killthestory wrote:lol im going to lynch you for tunneling this fucking hard on inactives. this is literally a PL wagon
I'd have to disagree that it's a PL on Yume slot.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by Performer »

VOTE: iraonavp
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by RachMarie »

My pred did not replace out, he flaked out, and he was not very active when he was here, I think the yume slot also is another flake out and I believe the mod is looking for a replacement, hopefully someone who gets into the game more,

Still, either replacing out or flaking out is generally a null tell.

What do you think of Oz? Granted he has been sick, but I definitely got pings on my scumdar from him.

Do you think DGB's death tunnel on nonentities in the game means she is scummy or town? Or just annoying? I want to look at a few of her recently finished games, since she does tend to tunnel a lot in either faction.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Meh I was just about to tell Performer not to hammer.
Not sure where I stand after a scumflip but I think Firebringer and Ari are still scum.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 2089, Something_Smart wrote:Meh I was just about to tell Performer not to hammer.
Not sure where I stand after a scumflip but I think Firebringer and Ari are still scum.
I think the ira lynch is the best way to go after all things considered. I seriously hope this night won't go to waste.

@Rach I think Drip could be scum but her predecessor's play made me think otherwise.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2089, Something_Smart wrote:Meh I was just about to tell Performer not to hammer.
Is this you admitting you know Iroan is scum?
Hmmm?
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 2088, RachMarie wrote:My pred did not replace out, he flaked out, and he was not very active when he was here, I think the yume slot also is another flake out and I believe the mod is looking for a replacement, hopefully someone who gets into the game more,

Still, either replacing out or flaking out is generally a null tell.

What do you think of Oz? Granted he has been sick, but I definitely got pings on my scumdar from him.

Do you think DGB's death tunnel on nonentities in the game means she is scummy or town? Or just annoying? I want to look at a few of her recently finished games, since she does tend to tunnel a lot in either faction.
Drip does tunnel very much, at least based on the game I was in with her against 2-man scum team of 2 Mafia Vigilantes, hosted by BBMolla in a 14-man large normal.

Replacing out can be seen as null but I factor in other things to try getting a better read on why they'd replace out.

Ozgin I thought, was likely town based on a post that he made about replacing out if things got worse.

Because of a new route of thinking that I literally happened upon today regarding this specific game, I am second guessing my reads on Guy, who I believe I had as a townread, and even Ozgin, who I townread too. I'd have to see what happens into next day phase. I also propose we wagon much more quickly next phase.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by Performer »

I've also reviewed ira's votes from his ISO and they're rather interesting to say the least (VCA).
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

@Ari: I am still expecting him to flip town, but I was intending to come up with two readlists, one assuming he flips town and another assuming he flips scum. I probably won't have time to do that however.
Also, it seems like you believe ira's claim. Do you believe the claim but still think he is scum?
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by RachMarie »

You do realize I replaced Guy, right Perf?

Why not share after all we are waiting for the mod, so any info that can help us tomorrow is useful

Pedit

I believe one of them is lying, a watcher is more believable than a town acetic enabler,

Especially since if frag is lying about his claim he knows he will swing tomorrow. They both can't be telling the truth, so therefore one has to be scum,

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2094, Something_Smart wrote:@Ari: I am still expecting him to flip town, but I was intending to come up with two readlists, one assuming he flips town and another assuming he flips scum. I probably won't have time to do that however.
Also, it seems like you believe ira's claim. Do you believe the claim but still think he is scum?
I see.

I think his claim is probably legit. However, an enabler, especially of Ascetics, is no great loss, and with a track to the kill, likely scum.

I have seen many enablers on scumteam before.
- Jingle
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by RachMarie »

watch not track Ari. I got those mixed up once and screwed up my n 1 watch, Fixed it later but it did cost us a bit, A watcher only sees what comes to his or her target, a tracker follows his target if said target goes anywhere.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 2088, RachMarie wrote:Still, either replacing out or flaking out is generally a null tell.
nope scumtell
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 4:43 pm

Post by iraonavp »

I was town-aligned, good luck.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”