Goon
Goon

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:43 am

Post by BroodKingEXE »

In post 2118, Zdenek wrote:
--snipped--
In post 2108, BroodKingEXE wrote:
In post 1971, Zdenek wrote:
In post 1952, Fate wrote:^Awkward jokes about "hacking his account n saw ur role pm" which are forced

So Fate's scum. Town Fate would have kept his mouth shut and let BroodKing respond.
In post 1966, BroodKingEXE wrote:OMGUS in terms of me disagreeing with you

You think that I think you're scum because you're disagreeing with me? What gave you that idea.

Because you are doing the same thing with Zeta, your first few posts on him were disagreements, then they blossomed into a scum read. Can you come up with motive behind why I would be pushing malpa or things I am saying wrong since my initial posting on malpa? It feels to me like you are digging to much into statements rather than the words in between them. Its true that scum have statements do have contradict, but if you can't find a motive it doesn't do much to convince anyone.

Even if this was true, it's ridiculous to assume that because once I had a disagreement with someone that blossomed into a scum read that it's going to happen every time. However, it's false because I didn't find Zeta scummy for disagreeing with me. I found him scummy for the things that he said during our argument.

Can I come up with a motive for pushing Malpa? Of course I can, there are fucking piles of possibilities.

What the fuck does digging into statements rather than the words in between them even mean? It looks to me like you are just posting nonsensical and meaning garbage that you think will sound good.

You're being vague, what do you find about Zeta in your argument. I only see disagreement in his response to you and at the very most I see a stubbornly wrong response. This is an important distinction because the way you scumhunt, that is looking for statements that are wrong, doesn't actually find scum, because being wrong is a null trait. If you think someone is wrong in their statement, then you obviously disagree with them. So I can conclude that you find scumminess in statements you think aren't correct.

"Digging into statements rather than the words in between them" means looking for motive in posts. I realize the statement's wording is really fucked though, so I understand how you could misunderstand. About the motive, do any of them make sense with how I am posting though? Sure I could make up a list of stuff about anybody about motive, but the list wouldn't make sense with how they are posting. I want you to give me a motive of why I would be pushing malpa or if you don't see a motive behind the push.
A message to all scum: Dead or alive, you're coming with me! But mostly dead :p
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:45 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2148, xtopherusD wrote:Where did I talk about bastard modding? I didn't realise that that was what I was doing :oops:

jesters

Brood, where would you say you have been looking for motive behind actions? Direct me to specific posts, please.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
BroodKingEXE
BroodKingEXE
Goon
BroodKingEXE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:53 am

Post by BroodKingEXE »

Malpa pushing buldermar without intent to lynch, voting Pandorica very early in the game and contradicting that vote with a town read and him defending Tazaro to try and hold off the lynch.
Buldermar and Pandorica were pushes on people without intent to lynch, and defending Tazaro prevents a lynch of a scum buddy.
xtopherusD
xtopherusD
Goon
xtopherusD
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:55 am

Post by xtopherusD »

Anyway, I didn't know that Jesters were counted as bastard roles here. And especially after just reading through all of malpascp's posts (of which there were quite a few during the discussion on buldermar's claim), seeing other people being alright with it obviously confused me. But I can stop doing that now. Sorry :/
no.
BroodKingEXE
BroodKingEXE
Goon
BroodKingEXE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:56 am

Post by BroodKingEXE »

EBWOP: Bulder and Pandorica were pushes without intent to lynch. I've addressed the Tazaro and Buldermar interactions in my ISO. I can requote them if you can't see (although it should be obvious).
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

ok now that the details about the role have come out, I'm good with looking for a different lynch today.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: combinatorialEnigma
This guy will do
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:22 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Sun and Rain,
what did you find scummy about xtoph's reaction to malpa's claim.

In post 2142, xtopherusD wrote:In this game, we agree that there are most likely at least four members of the Felt Mafia. With two of them dead, we have two unknown. If malpascp is also one of them, it leaves one final Felt member for malpascp to "ignore".
Overly obvious "buddying" was not the phrase I was looking for there. I was more talking about arguing on the other person's behalf (Mini 1196's 572 and 576). You can see this sort of thing in posts such as 731 (it's different but the inclusion of "weak" has the same idea to it) and 1204, from this game.
malpascp also likes to pay a lot of attention to scumbuddies (in that link, the person you're looking for is Bub Bidderskins). And malpascp spent a fair amount of time on players who we now know are scum. And of course, ends it with very non-committal conclusion(s).
And he does the same thing again. malpascp suddenly is talking about Paschendale/Tazaro (and again here).

Having read through this game, and Micros 1194 and 1196 (two of his scum games), I think that his play has a similar feel here to how he plays scum. And I have already stated what I think of meta.

I disagree with most of your conclusions here. First of all, I don't think that 731 was him arguing on another person's behalf. 1204 was him questioning votes on a wagon, which I think is one reasonable point against him, but that has nothing to do with meta, and it's a pretty weak point, since generally getting people to explain their votes is a positive thing. As far as playing attention to his buddied, he talked about Pandorica early, while he was voting him and then later, explaining what he was doing, and he spoke about Pasch mostly to call him scummy. It's a massive leap from Malpa pays attention to his buddies and Malpa paid attention to two scum in this game, to Malpa being scum. That sort of argument is ridiculous. Finally, looking over the games you provided, well except for the newbie one, malpa's scum play seems much more relaxed than he was here; I didn't see anything like his blow-up over buldermar's scum claim or the anger that he's expressed over being voted that he's shown here. Plus Nacho's provided meta of him overreacting to things as town, so to me his meta points to him being town.
In post 2146, Shrimp85 wrote:Just because I don't want to join the bigger wagons, I'm scum?

Nope, it's because you didn't comment on them. Nice misrep though.
In post 2149, BroodKingEXE wrote:You're being vague, what do you find about Zeta in your argument. I only see disagreement in his response to you and at the very most I see a stubbornly wrong response. This is an important distinction because the way you scumhunt, that is looking for statements that are wrong, doesn't actually find scum, because being wrong is a null trait. If you think someone is wrong in their statement, then you obviously disagree with them. So I can conclude that you find scumminess in statements you think aren't correct.

"Digging into statements rather than the words in between them" means looking for motive in posts. I realize the statement's wording is really fucked though, so I understand how you could misunderstand. About the motive, do any of them make sense with how I am posting though? Sure I could make up a list of stuff about anybody about motive, but the list wouldn't make sense with how they are posting. I want you to give me a motive of why I would be pushing malpa or if you don't see a motive behind the push.

I was pretty explicit about what I think of Zeta, here look:
In post 1608, Zdenek wrote:I don't believe that Zeta believes in his argument that scum provide catch-up posts because the same reasoning that his using here can be ascribed to Nacho's 1290: his official re-read, but Zeta didn't say hide nor hare about that.

In post 1655, Zdenek wrote:
In post 1547, ζ wrote:Later he finally votes a townie and tunnels on him aggressively.

This is part of Zeta's case on malpa - that he's tunneling on townie Buldermar.
In post 1642, Quilford wrote:I had not noticed buldemar's claim until very recently. Moreover, I try to focus on a small range of suspects per day.

But he hadn't noticed the claim, so where did his town read on Buldermar come from? Hint: nowhere, it's manufactured for the purposes of his case.

On top of that there is the deliberately narrowed focus in a multiscum game.

In post 1656, Zdenek wrote:Well, you don't need to, since you're scum, but town would because actually considering the circumstances under which posts are made and the content of player's posts are what matters.

which was in regards to:
In post 1608, Zdenek wrote:I think that your failure to actually consider the circumstances under which I replaced in and actually consider the posts reads at best as lazy and thoughtless.

In post 1617, ζ wrote:Why would I need to consider either of those things?

After I presented him with something that he should have found scummy, based on his argument against me:
In post 1656, Zdenek wrote:Also, I've presented him with something by all rights, considering his case on me, he should find scummy, but rather than offering an opinion on it, he just makes an excuse for not talking about it.

As you should be able to see, I did not, think that he was scum over a disagreement. So what are you talking about?

One scum motive for pushing Malpa is fucking clear: a case has been made against him that's gained a lot of traction, so your vote on him won't be questioned, and it's a great way to blend in. Just for clarity, I'm not trying to argue that voting for Malpa is scummy, but BroodKing is trying to argue that there's no scum motivation in such a vote, which is just foolish.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:54 pm

Post by Phillammon »

In post 2147, DeasVail wrote:"Some Jailkeepers not only protect their target from all kills, but also render its target untargetable by all other actions during that Night. This variant is also known as Alien."

It's a JK variant, and I see it as very possible for town.

Misunderstood- there exist within the source material literal aliens with their own justice system, hence my confusion.
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by quadz08 »

DrippingGoofball replaces Murderface, effective immediately.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

VOTE: malcasp
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Post by Titan »

Awesome hammer. Finally <_<
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Post by Fate »

In post 2158, quadz08 wrote:
DrippingGoofball replaces Murderface, effective immediately.

In post 2159, DrippingGoofball wrote:VOTE: malcasp
\

Oh.

My.

God.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Post by Fate »

Zdenek is still scum as fuck no matter WHAT HE FLIPS

AND IF DGB IS STILL ALIVE IN THREE FUCKIN DAYS AND IM DEAD YOU DONT LET HER SWEETTALK HER WAY TO NO GODDAMN VICTORY
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Post by Titan »

Eh he was bound to get hammered sooner or later. And you'll see when he flips scum ;)

Actually malp if you're around and is town you should prob give finals reads and stuff. And sorry for lynching if you're town :(
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Post by Titan »

Actually if you're scum please come and comfort me because I really don't feel like waiting mad fucking long.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Post by Titan »

PS: If I die today take a good hard look at my lynch list.
xtopherusD
xtopherusD
Goon
xtopherusD
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:01 pm

Post by xtopherusD »

The hell just happened.
no.
BroodKingEXE
BroodKingEXE
Goon
BroodKingEXE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:03 pm

Post by BroodKingEXE »

In post 2156, Zdenek wrote:
--snipped--
In post 2149, BroodKingEXE wrote:You're being vague, what do you find about Zeta in your argument. I only see disagreement in his response to you and at the very most I see a stubbornly wrong response. This is an important distinction because the way you scumhunt, that is looking for statements that are wrong, doesn't actually find scum, because being wrong is a null trait. If you think someone is wrong in their statement, then you obviously disagree with them. So I can conclude that you find scumminess in statements you think aren't correct.

In post 1608, Zdenek wrote:I don't believe that Zeta believes in his argument that scum provide catch-up posts because the same reasoning that his using here can be ascribed to Nacho's 1290: his official re-read, but Zeta didn't say hide nor hare about that.

In post 1547, ζ wrote:Later he finally votes a townie and tunnels on him aggressively.

In post 1642, Quilford wrote:I had not noticed buldemar's claim until very recently. Moreover, I try to focus on a small range of suspects per day.

But he hadn't noticed the claim, so where did his town read on Buldermar come from? Hint: nowhere, it's manufactured for the purposes of his case.

In post 1656, Zdenek wrote:Well, you don't need to, since you're scum, but town would because actually considering the circumstances under which posts are made and the content of player's posts are what matters.

which was in regards to:
In post 1608, Zdenek wrote:I think that your failure to actually consider the circumstances under which I replaced in and actually consider the posts reads at best as lazy and thoughtless.

After I presented him with something that he should have found scummy, based on his argument against me:
In post 1656, Zdenek wrote:Also, I've presented him with something by all rights, considering his case on me, he should find scummy, but rather than offering an opinion on it, he just makes an excuse for not talking about it.

As you should be able to see, I did not, think that he was scum over a disagreement. So what are you talking about?

One scum motive for pushing Malpa is fucking clear: a case has been made against him that's gained a lot of traction, so your vote on him won't be questioned, and it's a great way to blend in. Just for clarity, I'm not trying to argue that voting for Malpa is scummy, but BroodKing is trying to argue that there's no scum motivation in such a vote, which is just foolish.

Your first post is good, but the whole argument about him not taking into account the situation is a moot point. You say yourself he could be lazy and thoughtless, both traits that are null. That interaction itself seems more like a disagreement, because he is being stubborn and you have a good point. What is the thing that was Zeta-scummy that you did? Also, looking through your correspondence, again, I noticed you were misinterpreting the quickness of links post. Is that still a factor in your Zeta vote?

Last thing, you never answered the question I originally asked. I'm arguing that you have not find a motive in
my
posting. You said yourself that situations differ, how is my motivation different from say your motivation for voting malpa?
BroodKingEXE
BroodKingEXE
Goon
BroodKingEXE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:03 pm

Post by BroodKingEXE »

In post 2156, Zdenek wrote:
--snipped--

which was in regards to:

Your first post is good, but the whole argument about him not taking into account the situation is a moot point. You say yourself he could be lazy and thoughtless, both traits that are null. That interaction itself seems more like a disagreement, because he is being stubborn and you have a good point. What is the thing that was Zeta-scummy that you did? Also, looking through your correspondence, again, I noticed you were misinterpreting the quickness of links post. Is that still a factor in your Zeta vote?

Last thing, you never answered the question I originally asked. I'm arguing that you have not find a motive in
my
posting. You said yourself that situations differ, how is my motivation different from say your motivation for voting malpa?
BroodKingEXE
BroodKingEXE
Goon
BroodKingEXE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by BroodKingEXE »

That's 14 right? Don't ring me, I've got a call.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:35 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2168, BroodKingEXE wrote:Your first post is good, but the whole argument about him not taking into account the situation is a moot point. You say yourself he could be lazy and thoughtless, both traits that are null. That interaction itself seems more like a disagreement, because he is being stubborn and you have a good point. What is the thing that was Zeta-scummy that you did? Also, looking through your correspondence, again, I noticed you were misinterpreting the quickness of links post. Is that still a factor in your Zeta vote?

Last thing, you never answered the question I originally asked. I'm arguing that you have not find a motive in my posting. You said yourself that situations differ, how is my motivation different from say your motivation for voting malpa?

I said it was at best lazy and thoughtless, at worst it's scum clinging to stupid/false reasoning to push an argument. Are you even reading? Zeta-found me scummy for making a catch-up post. The links thing has to wait until after another game finishes for me to discuss it in a non-cryptic way. Finally, I don't think that you've ever actually asked me that, but since you seem to want it:
You defended Noir in 301, which has the possible scum motive of defending a buddy.
In 1728, 1733 you over justify your vote on Malpa which has the possible scum intent of making sure that your vote won't be questioned.\
In 1912 you jump to Zeta's defence and argue on behalf of S&R which could be jumping to the defense of buddy or defending town to try to look good/ to buddy.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:45 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Is it scum intent or just could be scum intent?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2171, Cheery Dog wrote:Is it scum intent or just could be scum intent?

Could be, like practically everything in this game.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I really don't think malp is actually that close to being lynched.
2084:
malp has 10 votes.
xtoph adds 1. (11)
S&R moves hers. (10)
phill adds 1 and then removes it. (10)
Cheery Dog moves his. (9)
DGB adds hers. (10)

Learn to count, people. We are nowhere near a lynch.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:45 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 2173, Alduskkel wrote:I really don't think malp is actually that close to being lynched.
2084:
malp has 10 votes.
xtoph adds 1. (11)
S&R moves hers. (10)
phill adds 1 and then removes it. (10)
Cheery Dog moves his. (9)
DGB adds hers. (10)

Learn to count, people. We are nowhere near a lynch.
You literally suck.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”