Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:13 am

Post by Bobacino »

Mackay, my drunken sugarplum, you are most probably right. I love you for more than your fine looks, sexy smile, furious libido and hordes of cash... I love you for your brain. I'm sure that my idle fantasies are unfounded, but isn't that why you love me, for my huge... imagination?

I think my darling fionce has explanatorized it in the best possible way.
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:28 am

Post by Beaudoin »

Nonplayer comment: Okay, that's getting creepy, albeit in a hilarious way. :)
Beaudoin responds: "Hey! Well, no hard feeling, I guess. Since 2 is greater than 3, I'll help y'all string up Medicated Lain" -jeep, Minigame 20
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:29 am

Post by PolarBoy »

I think Bob's hypothesis about the priest being ressurected is just wishful thinking. It's gonna be pretty hard to have the wedding without him.

Seriously though I don't think we should read to much into "Apparently the self-protection part didn't work out." That sounds like writer's comment and not actual game text to me. What it sounds most like is that Corsato was not able to self protect if he was, for instance, investigating or protecting someone else.

I guess I'll just use my vote to bandwagon for pressure.
Vote: Warrior4037
MUNSCM Delegate for the United Kingdom
Check out the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage]ScumWiki[/url], and while you're at it, check out [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DocumentModeMafia]DocumentModeMafia[/url]
MatthewV
MatthewV
Ninja
MatthewV
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:56 pm

Post by MatthewV »

you're right MeMe, i should be showing this in this way, right.
unvote MeMe

I dont care for the bandwagon. But I like to have my vote.
vote PolarBoy
and I have many reasons:
a- it was snowing today (about 1ft today)
b- it was windy
c- this is 2nd time its snowed this winter
d- i am now on spring break
e- i live in alaska
f- the grass was green before today
g- the airplanes couldn't fly today
h- i dont want to live here
Now, all the targets PolarBoy 'cause of his name.
Disclaimer: This informatin may not be used against me in any way, shape, size or form.
Mackay
Mackay
Goon
Mackay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:37 am

Post by Mackay »

Mackay, my drunken sugarplum, you are most probably right. I love you for more than your fine looks, sexy smile, furious libido and hordes of cash... I love you for your brain. I'm sure that my idle fantasies are unfounded, but isn't that why you love me, for my huge... imagination?

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

I don't think I can say anything that will top that. :)
Vote: Polarboy
I suppose.
- Mackay
warrior4037
warrior4037
Watcher
warrior4037
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:56 am

Post by warrior4037 »

wow, already 2 votes, hmm...
I think it's interesting that on the same night that the priest dies, 2 people fall in love. Unless there is a justice of the peace or something like that, these 2 people can't really get married anymore, also to the two lovers: get a room! anyway, i'll
random
ly
vote: Polarboy
cus the random number between 1 and 11 at the random number site was 10.
MatthewV
MatthewV
Ninja
MatthewV
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:01 pm

Post by MatthewV »

I dont believe that the vote was random. Look, PolarBoy just got two votes, in like the last two posts.
vote arrior####

yeah, i know that PolarBoy has load of guilt (see my last post) but the thrid "random" vote is spooky.
Disclaimer: This informatin may not be used against me in any way, shape, size or form.
warrior4037
warrior4037
Watcher
warrior4037
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:26 pm

Post by warrior4037 »

I dont believe that the vote was random

fine then go to random.org and go to the random integer thing, and when you get 10, like i did, then you can say "oh wow, it was a random vote..."
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:19 pm

Post by PolarBoy »

In truth Matthew, if he had done it randomly, the odds of such a coincidence are 1 in 11. Fairly good odds of it happening. So while it was an off chance, it's not really very good evidence.
Check out the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage]ScumWiki[/url], and while you're at it, check out [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DocumentModeMafia]DocumentModeMafia[/url]
MatthewV
MatthewV
Ninja
MatthewV
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:13 pm

Post by MatthewV »

Although according to Warrior4037 (right number?) the sunspots seem to favor PolarBoy....

but I think that there is no better reason to vote for PB than war...so my vote change with a reason wont matter much.

and then the rant:
it is impossible to make a truely random vote. Some things just depend a huge number of factors that become impossible for us to predict, but the same outcome if all (yes all) the factors are exactly the same. Of course a factor could be the gravitational attaction between two flies three thousand miles away. So basically your vote was random. \ignore me
MatthewV
MatthewV
Ninja
MatthewV
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:15 pm

Post by MatthewV »

double post to correct polarboy, the odds would be 1/10 not 1/11. think about it.

and we have no evidence for anything, so anything is reasonable to go off of.
Mackay
Mackay
Goon
Mackay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:04 am

Post by Mackay »

*gets a room with Bob*

*yells through door*
My vote for polarboy was bandwaggoning, not random. I figure we need to get information out of someone on the first day. It's just pressure, not malice. Now, where was I...?

...mmmmmmmrowwwrrrrr!
- Mackay
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:40 am

Post by Bobacino »

*Stumbles, gently cradling manhood between cupped hands, out through door*

Polarboy seems to be getting a lot of abuse in all of the games he's in, doesn't he? Oh, well, we need a bandwagon like my lover has just said so...

unvote: warrior
and
vote: Polarboy

*Fetches ice for afore mentioned manhood and stumbles back into room*
MatthewV
MatthewV
Ninja
MatthewV
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:01 am

Post by MatthewV »

well, neither war or pb want to say anything. I think we have created a nice balance with each holding about half the votes.

about the right time for a vote count

well, we could use a little bit of chatter here.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:52 am

Post by MeMe »

Speaking of the need for chatter, Pestilenz hasn't posted at all yet and Atticus still hasn't corrected his "random" vote for a non-player.

~pokes Pestilenz~
~kicks Atticus~
~tries, unsuccessfully, to avert eyes from Boba's...erm...
manhood
~

I thought the purpose of "getting a room" was to be a bit more private...if you leave the door open, it's kind of useless guys.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:10 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Good point, Meme.
unvote: Dirge, vote: Pestilenz
. I realize a solo vote might not push them into talking, but maybe some people will follow me.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:48 pm

Post by MeMe »

I'll help you push.

unvote: warrior4037
vote: Pestilenz
Pestilenz
Pestilenz
Townie
Pestilenz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:59 pm

Post by Pestilenz »

I just was away for the whole weekend and had no chance to post.

For now:
vote Atticus
(random vote)
I wonder, what this red button does?
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:26 am

Post by Dirge »

Before I commit to jumping on a bandwagon. I would like to hear from more experienced players their take on some of the roles that our mod has put togther. Does incompetent mafia mean that they might kill each other? How about the leprosy? How can a player (mayor) have less power than a townie?
Thanks, Dirge
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:32 am

Post by MeMe »

Not that I
should
take on the mantle of "experienced player," but you know I can't resist throwing my opinion out there. So, here goes.

All of these roles are new to me...I've got a few guesses, though.

I expect that at least one player has leprosy and, since it's a communicable disease, can spread it to others. If it were a serial killing role, the killer himself should die (unless he's just a
carrier
, and not afflicted with symptoms), so that would be weird. How 'bout this: maybe the leper(s) can create a mason group by spreading the germ -- lepers are usually quarantined in a colony...

As for the incompetent mafia -- I rather doubt they'd be a danger to themselves. Perhaps they're just not guaranteed to take out their chosen target? Or have a chance of being "seen" when carrying out their kill?

And another thing. It's possible Dirge is just playing dumb and knows
exactly
what is meant by incompetent mafia.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:55 am

Post by PolarBoy »

Yeah it is one in ten, "without saying it, you've said it" -Paul Atreides
In warrior's original "random" post he said he set the thing for 1 to 11, which to me looks like it was potentially a mafia slip, although I suppose it's equally likely that it's an honest slip.

And as far as randomization and philosophy go: [unrelated discourse]I wonder what this whole demented search for "truly" random numbers is. For the purpose of arbitrarily selecting from equally good choices need not be "random" so log as it is "uninfluenced". As long as you don't know how random or non random it doesn't particularily matter. And on top of that we all know that some supposedly random votes will be informed votes based on roles. In conclusion, just use random.org and shut up about "true" randomization.[/unrelated discourse]

I've been wondering aboput leprosy too, mod said it would be random, so I wonder if people will be getting it through infection. Although saying it was random might've been a red herring. If we don't know who has leprosy, then it will seem random even if it isn't(see unrelated discourse).

I suppose I'll
Unvote: Warrior4037
and
Vote: Atticus
because his earlier vote is either a poorly told joke or a grievous slip and he hasn't talked since, and anyway a bandwagon is a bandwagon(So long as it isn't on me :wink: )
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:04 am

Post by mathcam »

it is impossible to make a truely random vote.

a) I think you would be hard-pressed to prove that (though maybe that we don't currently know how), and
b) At least the mathematical definition of randomness is precisely the statement "Impossible to predict", though maybe a more heuristical definition is what you meant.

Nonetheless, this doesn't mean that we can't be suspicious of things, simply because they
could
be random. If someone comes up to you, tosses a coin 100 times, and they all come up heads, we're mathematically allowed to be suspicious of this because we don't know for sure that the coin is indeed random. Similarly, we're allowed to be suspicious of warrior's vote of PolarBoy, even though (of course) it
might
be random as he claims. Still, if it's not random, jumping on a bandwagon isn't the most suspicious move ever, especially given a bandwagon on himself....so he doesn't attract my vote.

As for the roles, I tend to think that incompetent mafia means that they only have an X% chance of killing their target each time, and would guess X at around 66. The mayor might have a handicap, as in something like whoever he votes for gets counted as a negative vote, or something to that extent. He/she could actually be very detrimental to the town. Or he/she could be a townie that accidentally kills people, or locks them up, or who knows what, overnight. The possibilities are endless.

And another thing. It's possible Dirge is just playing dumb and knows exactly what is meant by incompetent mafia.

True, but he/she did ask about the other vague roles as well...I'm not saying disregard the question, but he is a newbie.

And, basically, whatever:

Unvote: Whomever Vote: Atticus
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:29 am

Post by MeMe »

mathcam wrote:though maybe a more heuristical definition is what you meant.
How about "though maybe a definition of 'heuristical' is necessary"?

So, I admit it. I had to look it up. And for all of those who, like me, are too lazy to ever consider using a word like...what was it again...oh yeah - heuristal - when there are perfectly good two-syllable words that will get similar concepts across, here's the definition:

"Relating to or using a problem-solving technique in which the most appropriate solution of several found by alternative methods is selected at successive stages of a program for use in the next step of the program."

You're welcome.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:37 am

Post by MeMe »

:lol: You're full of information, 'cam, but you apparently didn't remember that you're
already
voting for Atticus.

By my count, he's got four. If he doesn't show up soon, he'll have five, my compliments. As our push resulted in a post,

unvote: Pestilenz

Just a quick aside -- we had a debate going in one of the discussion threads on this board about posting in games in which you're not a player. I am whole-heartedly against the practice, and I think this case (Atticus voting for CS) only helps prove my point that it's potentially damaging to game play.
MatthewV
MatthewV
Ninja
MatthewV
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:02 pm

Post by MatthewV »

What about loving one of the players? Does it hurt the game or is it just role playing?

We need the voted people to speak. If you dont...::holds a length of rope:: ...the tree is always ready.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”