All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:39 am

Post by All Alone »

In post 116, TheDominator37 wrote:This is the first game ever that I have had no reads this far

In post 146, TheDominator37 wrote:I'm going with who I think is most scummy atm
VOTE: rad

In post 210, TheDominator37 wrote:Nether and eventi are looking like scum buddies VOTE: nether

In post 233, TheDominator37 wrote:Image
In post 221, Alchemist21 wrote:@Dominator, care to explain your scumreads?

I may have been scumreading RC partly for playstyle. There are still parts of her early play that don't add up, and I still have a mild scumread on the slot, but I want to engage some other players for a while.

VOTE: Duppin

Where is this guy?

In post 244, TheDominator37 wrote:Lynch me if you want I'm town
And when I flip kill nether

Here's why Dominator is scum.

At the time of 116, there were no wagons. Dominator says it has no reads.

At 146, there was a wagon on Cowbells. Dominator says its biggest scumread is Cowbells.
Note that Dominator has not mentioned Cowbells at all since this post.
Townies don't just vote their top suspect and then never mention them again.

At 210, there were competing wagons on Nether and eventi. Dominator says it thinks Nether and eventi are scum together. Nether and eventi were attacking each other hard at this point. Of course two players fighting each other doesn't rule out the possibility of them being scum partners, but it's not a very intuitive assumption - it's unlikely that a townie will suspect two fighting players of being distancing scum without a compelling reason to suspect them both. Dominator's compelling reason is "bandwagon".

Finally, at 244, Dominator offers its own lynch today for Nether's lynch tomorrow. Townies who use this sort of rhetoric only do so when they're confident the player is scum, not when they're just bandwagoning. But what really makes me believe this isn't genuine is that Dominator only had two votes at this time, while Nether had three. If your town and your top suspect has more votes than you, you're not gonna tell people to lynch you instead, that'd be ridiculous. I think Dominator only said this to try to get town cred.
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:50 am

Post by duppin »

In post 237, Firebringer wrote:So PMysterious you have any reads? This feels like your first post in the game. I had to actually look back and see that you were in the game.

Been very lurking this game.

So far I think Nether and Raidant are most likely scum or at least one. If only one then I have no clue on the other. Perhaps dupin.

Anyways going to V/LA till Sunday. Will try to post 1 or 2 times till then, but no promises.

What do you think about TheDominator and eventi?
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:05 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

I can't defend you make no sense
All I can say is I'm not scum
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:17 am

Post by Netherspite »

@All Alone

TheDominator
is obvious scum since beginning of the game.
I'm just trying to find more obscure scum because we can always lynch
TheDominator37
. I doubt town will need any more to be convinced lynching him.
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:47 am

Post by davesaz »

through is a weird little head to head between RC and Firebringer. It could be a relatively meaningless personality clash, but I'm making a note of it because scumbuddies occasionally stage this kind of drama as an attempt to make it look like an obvious TvT squabble.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:52 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 181, Thesp wrote:[total aside]
In post 171, RadiantCowbells wrote:Why the hell would I tell my scumread why I think they're scum?

It warms my heart to see someone else expressing this notion, when I feel like saying this nearly every game to someone. [/total aside]

I agree. You might want to explain to town why you find someone scummy, but telling your scumread how to become town isn't good.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:52 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

In post 253, Netherspite wrote:
@All Alone

TheDominator
TheDominator37

Yup I'm 10000000000% percent scum lynch me now
VOTE: dom
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:57 am

Post by duppin »

In post 256, TheDominator37 wrote:
@All Alone

TheDominator
TheDominator37

Yup I'm 10000000000% percent scum lynch me now
VOTE: dom

Uh I definitely want to lynch you now. If you are town you should never vote on yourself.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:59 am

Post by PMysterious »

Whoa now, gotta let down a little. This could ruin any chance of any more D1 talk. Slow the votes guys, and let's see if we can find his partners.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:22 am

Post by Thesp »

davesaz, thanks for immediate posts!

UNVOTE: davesaz

In post 258, PMysterious wrote:Whoa now, gotta let down a little. This could ruin any chance of any more D1 talk. Slow the votes guys, and let's see if we can find his partners.

There's been practically nothing from you this whole game. Do you still think eventi and TheDominator37 are best bets for scum?

In post 223, duppin wrote:As previously stated I believe that was a scum train, so I'd like to look at the people who voted on her. (Alchemist, Firebringer, eventi and TheDominator.
In post 223, duppin wrote:Anyway, I have Alchemist and RC as town and Firebringer is leaning town.

Why do you have Alchemist and Firebringer in the town column?

In post 223, duppin wrote:
In post 210, TheDominator37 wrote:Nether and eventi are looking like scum buddies VOTE: nether

He calls out eventi, the other person I find suspicious. I am not sure I like the vote on Nether though, I would have prefered if we had voted on eventi.

I agree with this.

In post 243, Netherspite wrote:
In post 241, All Alone wrote:
I think this is a legitimate town-slip from Firebringer.

I don't think he really meant that there are exactly TWO scum in the game.
He just meant that both of us could be scum in his opinion.

Firebringer, is this accurate?

Updated favorites for scum: eventi, TheDominator37, PMysterious.

VOTE: eventi

I'm equally happy with a TheDominator37 lynch. I typically have little tolerance for self-votes.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:28 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 237, Firebringer wrote:So far I think Nether and Raidant are most likely scum or at least one. If only one then I have no clue on the other. Perhaps dupin.

Firebringer seems to be trying to find a scum pair. If he were scum, he would definitely be aware that there are in fact three scum in this setup:

Calling this a town slip is a massive stretch. Regardless of the number of scum, finding pairs is the way it usually goes.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:33 am

Post by davesaz »

I'm all caught up, now I need to think about it a bit.
Off the top of my head I'm getting scum vibes that match with Thesp's really well. That makes it feel too easy, so I think more digging is needed.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:35 am

Post by duppin »

In post 259, Thesp wrote:

Firebringer:
I liked his interactions with RC.
When TheDominator (my scum read) stated he had no reads, Firebringer asked him if he didn't find RC suspicious. I do not believe they are aligned, so that means Firebringer would have to be town then.
It is obviously possible both of them are scum, but I would be very surprised if a scum asked his partner d1 to sheep his vote.

I do however not agree with any of his reads and that is concerning. I don't believe he is aligned with TheDominator, but he could definitely be with eventi (he "defended" him earlier.)
This makes eventi a very interesting lynch, but if TheDominator is town he deserves to die for voting on himself.

Alchemist:
I had him pegged as town because of his initial defense of RC and I really liked him questioning RC. This was mainly due to him bringing up the exact same thing I wanted to (RC voting on Firebringer instead of you).
He changed his mind on RC and I felt like he was revaluating and scumhunting. His play seemed very townish to me.

I do realise I have to reconsider my read on him though, because if RC and Firebringer are both town (which I am inclined to believe at the moment), he is actually fairly suspicious. I could also see him being with TheDom or eventi. But overall I think his play has been town.

I also have a town read on you (Thesp) simply because we scumread the same people.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:33 am

Post by pistachi0n »

I'm weakly town-reading Nether because of his recent post 253. TheDominator is acting super scummy especially with his recent self vote. It's also an easy wagon. I like that Nether acknowledged how scummy Dom is being but still wants to keep discussion open for the day and get more scum-reads before the lynch.

If Dom flips town, Nether will be looking especially towny to me.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:44 am

Post by pistachi0n »

I was town-reading Eventi in the early game. I didn't agree that his vote on RC was opportunistic, he backed it up with quotes from the text and explained what he didn't like about them. Yeah, scum can do that too, but opportunistic is still the wrong label. Dom's 146 and 210 are what I would characterize as opportunistic, vague reasons like "I think they're the most scummy atm" on popular bandwagons.

But back to eventi, his early case on Nethersprite was based off of timezone stuff, which is pretty bad reasoning. Later he said that Nether was following RC like a puppy, which was true early game, and definitely more of a case than timezones, but I still don't like associative lynches on day 1. And then a few of his later posts were ad hominem attacks, like 206.

So, now I'm weakly scum-reading eventi.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:47 am

Post by pistachi0n »

TheDominator is pretty clearly scummy. All Alone made a pretty good case, but I'd also like to add that NOT ONLY did he say he had no reads in 116, but he DID have reads before that!

See:
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

Duppin was my RVS vote. Everything he's posted has been null/town so far. 223 and 262 were good posts. UNVOTE:
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:50 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

Also, Alchemist's vote on Duppin was grasping at straws. Maybe he's seeing something I'm not. I looked through his Iso expecting some glaringly obvious statement that he was scum, but the rest was pretty towny. I agree with his analysis on Thesp/RC. What's up with the Duppin vote, Alchemist? Why's he scummier than anyone else in the game?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 238, Netherspite wrote:
In post 237, Firebringer wrote:So PMysterious you have any reads? This feels like your first post in the game. I had to actually look back and see that you were in the game.

So far I think Nether and Raidant are most likely scum or at least one. If only one then I have no clue on the other. Perhaps dupin.

Anyways going to V/LA till Sunday. Will try to post 1 or 2 times till then, but no promises.

OMGUS is strong in this one.

Where is the OMGUS in this post?

In post 237, Firebringer wrote:So far I think Nether and Raidant are most likely scum or at least one. If only one then I have no clue on the other. Perhaps dupin.

Firebringer seems to be trying to find a scum pair. If he were scum, he would definitely be aware that there are in fact three scum in this setup:

In post 0, ActionDan wrote:
3 of you will receive

Welcome,
ActionDan
, you are a
Mafia Goon

Abilities

• During the Day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
  • Factional Kill
    - The Mafia may kill one player per Night. This may be done in addition to other actions.
  • Factional Communication
    - If there are other Mafia-aligned players, there will be a Mafia QT that can be used pre-game and during the Night.

Win Condition

You win when all town players are eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive (or nothing can prevent the same).

Maybe. I don't think it's as telling as his overall play has been, but regardless Firebringer is my strongest Townread.

In post 246, davesaz wrote:My slot didn't RVS?

Steelers fans tend to play rough, and mafia play rough, so...
VOTE: TheDominator37

OK, got that out of my system. :cool:
UNVOTE:

Catching up, 10 pages shouldn't be too bad.

Good to see you again. Your entrance posts make me feel comfortable about your slot for now.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 252, TheDominator37 wrote:I can't defend you make no sense
All I can say is I'm not scum

He makes a lot of sense actually.

@All Alone

TheDominator
TheDominator37

This is pretty much how I feel.

In post 262, duppin wrote:
In post 259, Thesp wrote:

Firebringer:
I liked his interactions with RC.
When TheDominator (my scum read) stated he had no reads, Firebringer asked him if he didn't find RC suspicious. I do not believe they are aligned, so that means Firebringer would have to be town then.
It is obviously possible both of them are scum, but I would be very surprised if a scum asked his partner d1 to sheep his vote.

I do however not agree with any of his reads and that is concerning. I don't believe he is aligned with TheDominator, but he could definitely be with eventi (he "defended" him earlier.)
This makes eventi a very interesting lynch, but if TheDominator is town he deserves to die for voting on himself.

Alchemist:
I had him pegged as town because of his initial defense of RC and I really liked him questioning RC. This was mainly due to him bringing up the exact same thing I wanted to (RC voting on Firebringer instead of you).
He changed his mind on RC and I felt like he was revaluating and scumhunting. His play seemed very townish to me.

I do realise I have to reconsider my read on him though, because if RC and Firebringer are both town (which I am inclined to believe at the moment), he is actually fairly suspicious. I could also see him being with TheDom or eventi. But overall I think his play has been town.

I also have a town read on you (Thesp) simply because we scumread the same people.

I'd like to see more posts with fleshed out reasoning like this. Can you flesh out your reads that aren't based on associatives?

In post 267, pistachi0n wrote:Also, Alchemist's vote on Duppin was grasping at straws. Maybe he's seeing something I'm not. I looked through his Iso expecting some glaringly obvious statement that he was scum, but the rest was pretty towny. I agree with his analysis on Thesp/RC. What's up with the Duppin vote, Alchemist? Why's he scummier than anyone else in the game?

Something felt off the first time he just popped in immediately after being mentioned, and he did it again when I voted him. I didn't really care for his response to my reasoning because it reeked of lurkscum, but if the vacation thing was true and he starts posting more then hopefully I'll get a more accurate read on him.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:53 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 269, Alchemist21 wrote:Something felt off the first time he just popped in immediately after being mentioned, and he did it again when I voted him. I didn't really care for his response to my reasoning because it reeked of lurkscum, but if the vacation thing was true and he starts posting more then hopefully I'll get a more accurate read on him.

I understand that, but why does he have your vote and not just your suspicion? As of day 1 conditions, he seems unlikely to be scum, if he continues lurking it's probably worthy of consideration.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:30 pm

Post by Netherspite »

In post 268, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 238, Netherspite wrote:

OMGUS is strong in this one.

Where is the OMGUS in this post?

He scumreads those who were pushing him.
Ain't it the essence of the OMGUS?
Now modding:
(Day 2)
eventi
eventi
Goon
eventi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:29 am

Post by eventi »

In post 264, pistachi0n wrote:I was town-reading Eventi in the early game. I didn't agree that his vote on RC was opportunistic, he backed it up with quotes from the text and explained what he didn't like about them. Yeah, scum can do that too, but opportunistic is still the wrong label. Dom's 146 and 210 are what I would characterize as opportunistic, vague reasons like "I think they're the most scummy atm" on popular bandwagons.

But back to eventi, his early case on Nethersprite was based off of timezone stuff, which is pretty bad reasoning. Later he said that Nether was following RC like a puppy, which was true early game, and definitely more of a case than timezones, but I still don't like associative lynches on day 1. And then a few of his later posts were ad hominem attacks, like 206.

So, now I'm weakly scum-reading eventi.

It wasn't based on timezones, that was Netherspite's assertion. I said it was suspicious that after being away for 12+ hours Nether popped out of nowhere when Radiant called. Nether picked on me using my local time in my post which was a mistake, but not relevant to my argument.

Anyway, thanks for coming out so strong.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:35 am

Post by Netherspite »

In post 272, eventi wrote:It wasn't based on timezones, that was Netherspite's assertion. I said it was suspicious that after being away for 12+ hours Nether popped out of nowhere when Radiant called. Nether picked on me using my local time in my post which was a mistake, but not relevant to my argument.

Actually, timezones stuff makes the whole argument invalid: it's obvious I stopped posting at 23:00 because, well, I was going to sleep.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:47 am

Post by PMysterious »

I'm certain Dominator is scum, but like I said, lynching him too early will cause less time for day talk. As for eventi, I'm certain he/she is probably scum too, but odds are probably not exactly the smartest of townies. For now, I'm certain there's nothing coming out of eventi, so I'll lay back on that.

UNVOTE:
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”