Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2024 3:42 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 2747, SmileyDude1 wrote: Pretty sure scum can't have a roleblocker here. Simple Normal rules dictate that duplicate roles aren't allowed and a town roleblocker already flipped. See this link https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ple_Normal.

+ less importantly that also would bring into question what would happen in regards to RBer vs. RBer type conflicts that feel too complex for a simple (e.g scum roleblocker targets town roleblocker while they target a scum goon performing the kill. How would that resolve. That's an important question that'd be brought into NAR conflict here).
Hm, I'd never noticed the no duplicate roles rule but I don't know that Town Roleblocker and Mafia Roleblocker would be considered duplicate roles. (wait is that why the other game was a Regular, because two scum neighbors?? :thinking:)

Roleblocker vs. roleblocker conflicts should be irrelevant when there's no multitasking. They could cross-block each other and it wouldn't matter because that's all they can do so they do nothing. Your proposal easily resolves with the scum roleblocker blocking the town roleblocker, preventing the town roleblocker from acting and thus the goon is free to kill. There's no conflict in it.

@mod: Would a Town Roleblocker and Mafia Roleblocker be considered duplicate roles by the Simple Normal rules?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2024 4:40 pm

Post by tris »

A mafia game with a Town Roleblocker and a Mafia Roleblocker would not be considered a Simple Normal.
here's what it says
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2024 5:14 pm

Post by Aureal »

Huh. Okay then, so much for that thought. I guess having potential Juggernaut shots would still be a pretty reasonable Mafia PR in a setup with two roles that can block kills. Makes more sense than a Mafia vanilla/role cop.

Maybe Smiley really did get shot at, I'm gonna have to seriously consider this world aren't I :?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2024 8:50 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 2750, Aureal wrote:
In post 2747, SmileyDude1 wrote: Pretty sure scum can't have a roleblocker here. Simple Normal rules dictate that duplicate roles aren't allowed and a town roleblocker already flipped. See this link https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ple_Normal.

+ less importantly that also would bring into question what would happen in regards to RBer vs. RBer type conflicts that feel too complex for a simple (e.g scum roleblocker targets town roleblocker while they target a scum goon performing the kill. How would that resolve. That's an important question that'd be brought into NAR conflict here).
Hm, I'd never noticed the no duplicate roles rule but I don't know that Town Roleblocker and Mafia Roleblocker would be considered duplicate roles. (wait is that why the other game was a Regular, because two scum neighbors?? :thinking:)

Roleblocker vs. roleblocker conflicts should be irrelevant when there's no multitasking. They could cross-block each other and it wouldn't matter because that's all they can do so they do nothing. Your proposal easily resolves with the scum roleblocker blocking the town roleblocker, preventing the town roleblocker from acting and thus the goon is free to kill. There's no conflict in it.

@mod: Would a Town Roleblocker and Mafia Roleblocker be considered duplicate roles by the Simple Normal rules?
It was a regular because neighbor isn't a simple role lol
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 1:21 am

Post by Black »

In post 2738, Aureal wrote:
In post 2658, Black wrote: I truly don't know if it's better to no lim here or not
It's pretty common practice in such a situation

Wanna get shot and not have to bother with this anymore? :D
If you're offering, sure :shifty:
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 1:33 am

Post by Black »

In post 2711, Gypyx wrote: AAAAAAAAH

PLEASE SOMEONE ELSE GET IN THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW
In post 2716, Gypyx wrote: Aureal you're looking mighty punchable right now, like, you're really doing a good job grating my nerves
In post 2722, Gypyx wrote: Yeah i know but like UGHHHHHH

it's ELO, ELO unlock the spamposting part of my brain
In post 2724, Gypyx wrote: sorry for getting heated, i really need to work on trying to manage myself better

it's just the second fucking time this happens and i can't ~_~
Gypyx why did Aureal's comments here bother you so much? You even mention that this is the second time this has happened. I was there for the first and I think your anger made complete sense to me in that game. Aureal's posts don't feel even remotely close to the way Jackson treated you
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 1:44 am

Post by Gypyx »

Yeah i mean, it's less personal and more that i feel like Aureal is really getting away with murder here
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 1:45 am

Post by Gypyx »

extreme scumsiding

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 1:47 am

Post by Gypyx »

also i'm getting passionate

bottom text
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 6:32 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 2754, Black wrote:
In post 2738, Aureal wrote:
In post 2658, Black wrote: I truly don't know if it's better to no lim here or not
It's pretty common practice in such a situation

Wanna get shot and not have to bother with this anymore? :D
If you're offering, sure :shifty:
Someday... it's gotta be something I can pull off someday, right? :P
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 6:42 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 2755, Black wrote:
In post 2711, Gypyx wrote: AAAAAAAAH

PLEASE SOMEONE ELSE GET IN THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW
In post 2716, Gypyx wrote: Aureal you're looking mighty punchable right now, like, you're really doing a good job grating my nerves
In post 2722, Gypyx wrote: Yeah i know but like UGHHHHHH

it's ELO, ELO unlock the spamposting part of my brain
In post 2724, Gypyx wrote: sorry for getting heated, i really need to work on trying to manage myself better

it's just the second fucking time this happens and i can't ~_~
Gypyx why did Aureal's comments here bother you so much? You even mention that this is the second time this has happened. I was there for the first and I think your anger made complete sense to me in that game. Aureal's posts don't feel even remotely close to the way Jackson treated you
Do you guys think Gypyx and I look significantly less potentially partnered after this reaction from her?
-furtiveglance
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 6:46 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 2690, Black wrote:
In post 2683, T-Bone wrote: That's not quite a summary of the game but follow up question

Why is no one biting on that?
In post 2689, T-Bone wrote: I don't know and I'm asking why no one else seems to have an opinion on this. I just replaced in, I asked for information about the game from the remaining players, then I asked this question, it sure would be nice if someone could answer any of my inquires. I'm not reading the 100 non-Day 5 pages, that's just not realistic.
Well personally I had about 9 minutes before I had to clock in so I didn't really have time to give you a game summary, and I still don't, so you'll have to patiently wait or do some work yourself
You know I wasn't being snarky but it had been almost a day at that point. If your answer isn't in the next set of posts I end up quoting, what do you think of the game right now, your point of view? If you want me to be cliche, tell me who scum is.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 6:47 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 2692, Gypyx wrote:
In post 2689, T-Bone wrote: I don't know and I'm asking why no one else seems to have an opinion on this. I just replaced in, I asked for information about the game from the remaining players, then I asked this question, it sure would be nice if someone could answer any of my inquires. I'm not reading the 100 non-Day 5 pages, that's just not realistic.
day 4 is imo a pretty important read too but to give you the context :

there was a nokill

doctor nick came out as jailkeeper having jailkept smiley (who kinda was a middle of the pack, nullish slot)

DGB came out as roleblocker, having roleblocked Grovyle

Grovyle claimed novice vanilla cop and confirmed to being blocked

and apparently jailkeeper and roleblocker can't coexist in a setup so we chose to kill DGB
I'm down to re-read Day 4 for important context but this is the type of content I was looking for thank you.

I wanna know the perspectives of the remaining players in the game too because I'm not going to get that by reading back because I didn't experience it in real time.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 6:55 am

Post by T-Bone »

Grovyle, did you out all your results? If not, can you do so and explain why you made those choices?

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 6:56 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 2729, Gypyx wrote: Anyways i'll let you two interact, wouldn't want to disturb 2 absolutely real townies trying to find each other :D !
LMAO coming back to this as post of the year if this is indeed the solve

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 7:00 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 2744, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 2683, T-Bone wrote: That's not quite a summary of the game but follow up question

In post 2685, T-Bone wrote: If there is guaranteed scum between you and Grovyle, why are you the only player interested in resolving?
Think most of town not involved in the 1v1 was in the process of trying to sort between the two before committing either way there. As for Grovyle they made their case advocating for no-lim in
We probably should no lim today but we don't have to tortoise it to the finish line if that is making people feel like the day is a waste. Where's the flash wagon on no elimination?

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 7:21 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 2764, T-Bone wrote:
In post 2729, Gypyx wrote: Anyways i'll let you two interact, wouldn't want to disturb 2 absolutely real townies trying to find each other :D !
You bet you can start writing your scummy nom bestie cause i've got them on the ropes

like, simply put, notice the HUGE difference in how Aureal is treating Grovyle vs how Aureal is treating other slots, with Grovyle she's all nice, trying to get him to explain himself, while everyone else is getting aggroed without many second thoughts

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 7:23 am

Post by Gypyx »

Nolimming is the coward's way out, we're figuring out this shit today, everything that needs to be said has been said

bottom text
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 7:59 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 2766, Gypyx wrote:
In post 2764, T-Bone wrote:
You bet you can start writing your scummy nom bestie cause i've got them on the ropes

like, simply put, notice the HUGE difference in how Aureal is treating Grovyle vs how Aureal is treating other slots, with Grovyle she's all nice, trying to get him to explain himself, while everyone else is getting aggroed without many second thoughts
"everyone else"? :?

Does "everyone else" feel like that's a reasonable perspective? Am I aggroing on the rest of you?
-furtiveglance
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 8:03 am

Post by Gypyx »

To phrase it better, the way you go about pushing stuff about grovyle is very different from the way you go about pushing stuff other than grovyle

bottom text
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 8:04 am

Post by Black »

In post 2760, Aureal wrote: Do you guys think Gypyx and I look significantly less potentially partnered after this reaction from her
I was thinking it's an unlikely pairing until you asked this :lol:

Part of me feels like it's really good theatre and you trying to read the room to see if anyone is buying it doesn't feel great
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 8:07 am

Post by Black »

In post 2761, T-Bone wrote:
In post 2690, Black wrote:

Well personally I had about 9 minutes before I had to clock in so I didn't really have time to give you a game summary, and I still don't, so you'll have to patiently wait or do some work yourself
You know I wasn't being snarky but it had been almost a day at that point. If your answer isn't in the next set of posts I end up quoting, what do you think of the game right now, your point of view? If you want me to be cliche, tell me who scum is.
I'm trying to focus on Grovyle and Gypyx since there is guaranteed scum there. I don't think fading outside of these two is a good idea. I'm struggling to solve the 1v1. I keep getting pings both ways
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 8:25 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 2770, Black wrote:
In post 2760, Aureal wrote: Do you guys think Gypyx and I look significantly less potentially partnered after this reaction from her
I was thinking it's an unlikely pairing until you asked this :lol:

Part of me feels like it's really good theatre and you trying to read the room to see if anyone is buying it doesn't feel great
alright so i know i'm working from a pretty biased perspective, but tinfoil hat theory is that this is willingly Aureal trying to look herself partnered with me

i agree that it's a really weird thing to be thinking about as town

bottom text
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 9:18 am

Post by Aureal »

No, I'm saying you seem to be making intentionally bad attacks because
1) you don't have much in the way of a good response to give because you didn't actually have a thought process there to explain; and
2) if you were still able to come up with good-looking responses it would make us both look townier to interact with each other discussing them, but you're probably going down anyway and don't want me to look townier because I'm not your partner

If you were town here I'd think you'd want to try to explain things if I've misunderstood them and try to find me. You're just shutting me out without any explanation.
-furtiveglance
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 9:20 am

Post by Gypyx »

You're scum lol, i don't need to explain shit

bottom text

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”