Eminence in Shadow: Season 1 [Game Over]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2975 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:45 am

Post by PenguinPower »

i had my first go are color coding d1 votecounts and then my browser quit on me...i'm done for now.
<(") | (")>
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2976 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:31 am

Post by SirCakez »

it looks like the end of day 1 Dunn wagon was almost all town, only Pooky and Penguin (who is TBD) on there everyone else is flipped town
Gamma and TP were on Penguin who was the CW

hmm
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2977 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:34 am

Post by SirCakez »

i still feel like vca past day one is gonna be absolutely trashed because of all the fuckery with the trial and two guilties
might be worth looking around day five and the T3 wagon
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2978 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:42 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2976, SirCakez wrote: it looks like the end of day 1 Dunn wagon was almost all town, only Pooky and Penguin (who is TBD) on there everyone else is flipped town
Gamma and TP were on Penguin who was the CW

hmm
Why didn’t you say TP was TBD?
<(") | (")>
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2979 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:26 am

Post by SirCakez »

My point on that wagon was that everybody except for two or maybe only one slots was town, so the vca is kinda wacky and I think it doesn't necessarily make you scum even though it looks bad at surface level since you were the D1 CW to Dunn. But it really does seem like town mostly just shat itself day one which I mean typical day one large theme

T3 was solo voting Alisae so that doesn't tell us much either
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2980 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:22 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Prodding tired person
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2981 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:56 am

Post by tired person »

this day phase i was both tempted to just lolvote penguin at one point because i liked sircakes entrance and because i was left alive, and later tempted to lolvote sircakes because he's just straight up ignoring the clearing evidence of me being town which penguin pointed out:
In post 2974, PenguinPower wrote: what does give me pause is your play around t3's wagon because you easily could have gotten me pushed out that day since sakura was equally willing to vote either me or t3 and only voted t3 because he was the larger wagon.
and i also thought that penguin going after me at day start didn't make sense from scum since why would sircakes go after me (when he voted penguin over t3 earlier meaning he was scumreading penguin), but luckily i reread sircakes iso and i guess he does express later that he suspects me more than penguin.

so i'm back to leaning penguin but i have a few questions to sircakes:
1. what do you think of the above quote? if penguin is town why didn't i push him over t3, considering i was basically the one who made sakura go for t3?
2. what objective evidence do you see that clears you? and what evidence clears penguin other than voting t3 when it was him or t3 on the chopping block?
I'm tired.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2982 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:47 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

that's not clearing evidence and i'm not going to comment further on that rn

i'm about to just vote you for saying how "clear" you are multiple times and then disappearing and not really caring about the outcome after that.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2983 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:50 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

nothing to say on my actual response to why i thought you could be scum?
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2984 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:50 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

given, ya know, you asked me first?
<(") | (")>
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2985 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:14 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 2982, PenguinPower wrote: that's not clearing evidence and i'm not going to comment further on that rn

i'm about to just vote you for saying how "clear" you are multiple times and then disappearing and not really caring about the outcome after that.
that post was aimed at sircakes not u

so please feel free to ignore it k thanks
In post 2983, PenguinPower wrote: nothing to say on my actual response to why i thought you could be scum?
you want me to respond to u talking about ceohrir's play? i am not cephrir so how can i defend him exactly.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2986 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:26 pm

Post by tired person »

i will say that obviously my slot is town so i know ur wrong about it being theater. and i do think you should be giving more weight to std's read on cephrir considering how much weight was given to klick's read on kawaii (and std is notorious for reading cephrir well). this is what i can say. i cannot say "well actual u r wrong on why cephrir didn't push pooky to end" because i don't know why cephrir didn't push pooky to the end. but i can say you shouldn't clear sircakes either because he also ended up voting you over pooky on day 1 and also you over t3 on day 5 and if you are town then it's crazy to me that you think i'm scum for "distancing" but sircakes isn't.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2987 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:29 pm

Post by tired person »

and it's just my playstyle to say that i am cleared, you are scumreading me for playstyle and it's annoying. u urself said it's nai but now you want to vote me for it.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2988 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:37 pm

Post by tired person »

let me explain my whole thought process yeah

i thought penguin was unlikely to be scum at first because of his cross vote with t3 on day 5. then i didn't die so i decided maybe it wasn't sircakes. then up until post 2964 it looked like sircakes was trying to solve and penguin was trying to go for the easy mislim so i thought it was penguin. then penguing posted 2974 and i thought maybe he wasn't going for the easy mislim and i re-evaluated, and at that point i forgot that sircakes was suspecting me day 6 and townreading penguin, so i thought it'd be easier for a scum penguin to vote sircakes (who i was already scumreading and who i thought was scumreading him) rather than me, so therefore suspecting me was a town move on penguin's part and sircakes later also expressing suspicion of me was scum taking the easy route. but then i remembered that sircakes did express suspicion of me day 6 and did tr penguin day 6 so i'm back to thinking penguin could be scum just going for the easy mislim on me.

but i'm still wary of sircakes because i don't really understand why anybody is clearing him and especially find his comment that he and penguin are more objectively cleared than myself extremely weird, so that's why i asked him what he means by that.
I'm tired.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2989 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:45 am

Post by Firebringer »

With the Sanctuary destroyed and the cult going back into hiding, it was time again to return to the Shadows. As the Bushin Battle Festival was coming up, Cid decided to go undercover to live out a long standing fantasy of being the super weak underdog that shows up out of nowhere to beat them all. Little did he know was there were bigger plots happening at the Festival than he knew of.

Day 8 - Bunshin Festival
Vote Count 8.01

Lurking in Shadows (Not Voting - 3) : tired person, Penguinpower, Sircakez

With 3 Alive, It Takes 2 to Eliminate.
Deadline is (expired on 2024-02-21 11:44:00)

Mod Note: No mod notes
Last edited by Firebringer on Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2990 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:45 am

Post by Firebringer »

Sircakez has been prodded
Show

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2991 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:33 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2987, tired person wrote: you are scumreading me for playstyle and it's annoying.
again...no i'm not.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2992 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:38 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2986, tired person wrote: but i can say you shouldn't clear sircakes either because he also ended up voting you over pooky on day 1 and also you over t3 on day 5 and if you are town then it's crazy to me that you think i'm scum for "distancing" but sircakes isn't.
i haven't cleared cakez and i never said i did. jingle did. klick did. sakura did. i didn't.

i still need to read cakez, but this weekend was busy so i didn't.
<(") | (")>
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2993 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:58 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2981, tired person wrote: this day phase i was both tempted to just lolvote penguin at one point because i liked sircakes entrance and because i was left alive, and later tempted to lolvote sircakes because he's just straight up ignoring the clearing evidence of me being town which penguin pointed out:
In post 2974, PenguinPower wrote: what does give me pause is your play around t3's wagon because you easily could have gotten me pushed out that day since sakura was equally willing to vote either me or t3 and only voted t3 because he was the larger wagon.
and i also thought that penguin going after me at day start didn't make sense from scum since why would sircakes go after me (when he voted penguin over t3 earlier meaning he was scumreading penguin), but luckily i reread sircakes iso and i guess he does express later that he suspects me more than penguin.

so i'm back to leaning penguin but i have a few questions to sircakes:
1. what do you think of the above quote? if penguin is town why didn't i push him over t3, considering i was basically the one who made sakura go for t3?
2. what objective evidence do you see that clears you? and what evidence clears penguin other than voting t3 when it was him or t3 on the chopping block?
1. how did you get sakura to vote t3? i don't see where that happened day 5. and you were pushing on penguin before the t3 wagon started adding up so i don't get the second question here
2. when i say objective im talking about the reads all of the dead conftown have stated on me, klick, sakura and bingle all had me as town and we know they were town. that seems pretty cut and dry to me.
the penguin evidence is less clearing sure, i still think that hammer would have been a weird choice as scum there because the elimination was definitely not inevitably t3 or penguin, there was still a week left on deadline and people were already talking about jjh as a potential wagon day five, why not try to pivot there versus giving up and yeeting t3?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2994 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:00 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2988, tired person wrote: let me explain my whole thought process yeah

i thought penguin was unlikely to be scum at first because of his cross vote with t3 on day 5. then i didn't die so i decided maybe it wasn't sircakes. then up until post 2964 it looked like sircakes was trying to solve and penguin was trying to go for the easy mislim so i thought it was penguin. then penguing posted 2974 and i thought maybe he wasn't going for the easy mislim and i re-evaluated, and at that point i forgot that sircakes was suspecting me day 6 and townreading penguin, so i thought it'd be easier for a scum penguin to vote sircakes (who i was already scumreading and who i thought was scumreading him) rather than me, so therefore suspecting me was a town move on penguin's part and sircakes later also expressing suspicion of me was scum taking the easy route. but then i remembered that sircakes did express suspicion of me day 6 and did tr penguin day 6 so i'm back to thinking penguin could be scum just going for the easy mislim on me.

but i'm still wary of sircakes because i don't really understand why anybody is clearing him and especially find his comment that he and penguin are more objectively cleared than myself extremely weird, so that's why i asked him what he means by that.
i am finding it really weird today how you are consistently both appealing to me that you are town and still also repeating suspicions that i am scum. it feels to me like you are trying to keep your options open, and the repeated assertions that you are obviously town are not helping.

like i'll be straight up right now, i'm feeling somewhere in the 75-80% chance that you are the scum here because penguin is playing how i'd expect town pengy to be dealing with this while your motivations look very scummy to me
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2995 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:02 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2986, tired person wrote: i will say that obviously my slot is town so i know ur wrong about it being theater.5 and if you are town then it's crazy to me that you think i'm scum for "distancing" but sircakes isn't.

-snip-

but then i remembered that sircakes did express suspicion of me day 6 and did tr penguin day 6 so i'm back to thinking penguin could be scum just going for the easy mislim on me.
how do you go from your slot being obviously town to being an easy mislim in two posts?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2996 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:39 am

Post by tired person »

In post 2995, SirCakez wrote:
In post 2986, tired person wrote: i will say that obviously my slot is town so i know ur wrong about it being theater.5 and if you are town then it's crazy to me that you think i'm scum for "distancing" but sircakes isn't.

-snip-

but then i remembered that sircakes did express suspicion of me day 6 and did tr penguin day 6 so i'm back to thinking penguin could be scum just going for the easy mislim on me.
how do you go from your slot being obviously town to being an easy mislim in two posts?
u r reading the whole thing in bad faith. in post 2986 what i meant is not that i look towny, but that obviously from my perspective my slot is town and not scum.

and u literally changed the meaning of that post by removing words from it, wtf. how do u expect me to take this seriously.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2997 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:47 am

Post by tired person »

In post 2991, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2987, tired person wrote: you are scumreading me for playstyle and it's annoying.
again...no i'm not.
u can say that but it doesn't change the fact that u r. i asked several times and u can't name any reason to scumread me except that cephrir's play could've been scum theater, which again applies to sircakes as well, and then you decide u wanna vote me because i am saying i am clearly town and it's annoying u, which is clearly a playstyle point.

but ok, go read sircakes iso.
In post 2994, SirCakez wrote:

i am finding it really weird today how you are consistently both appealing to me that you are town and still also repeating suspicions that i am scum. it feels to me like you are trying to keep your options open, and the repeated assertions that you are obviously town are not helping.

like i'll be straight up right now, i'm feeling somewhere in the 75-80% chance that you are the scum here because penguin is playing how i'd expect town pengy to be dealing with this while your motivations look very scummy to me
i am not appealing to u, i am trying to make sense of your reads because they are bad reads and i'm tempted to call u scum for these reads, but if u are town then i want to understand how come u have them.
I'm tired.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2998 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:51 am

Post by PenguinPower »

VOTE: tired person

if it's cakez i blame klick, bingle, and sakura.

but i am tired of this person.
<(") | (")>
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2999 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:57 am