Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:17 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Gay. CES is clearly wrong about who we should choose but I don't think he's scum for holding that position.

Unchoose
Permanent V/LA.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:19 pm

Post by Minimum »

In post 295, Lyanna Stark wrote:CES? you're giving me a headache...don't give me a headache. I took your answer as the first person to post as Mina serious, but your answer that all of your responses were you as a joke. I took into account the fact that whoever posted first chose MoI and he was the largest wagon into account, but you? Also asked why I was suiciding in your first post and seemed to not believe tierce when she cleared up the alts. Both of those things lent belief to that being Mina last night. I still don't understand the suicide question.

But talk more!

The idea was it would be perceived as a package deal since the joke clearly relied on me immediately contradicting myself. Doesn't work as well as I imagined in hindsight. How did the Tierce interaction suggest it was Mina?

Right, talking. Salamence's really is implausibly over-the-top and him hounding people over why they're suspicious of him is weird; neither of those match what I saw of him in the last game (in which I correctly pegged him as town). I'm not really sure why people think snowstorm is town based on bringing up something weird considering the reasons for the early suspicion against him and the early-game nature of what he posted.

Tyene Sand wrote:I find arguing with -mum to be tedious and avoidable whenever possible.

You're mean.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:23 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

"There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him." ~ Some sort of prophecy about something not very important!

Day 1, Votecount 11

MagnaofIllusion (1) - Shadow1psc
Mastermind of Sin (1) - sword_of_omens
Starbuck (3) - Feysal, redFF, Dolorous Edd
SnowStorm (2) - Plessiezarus, Regfan
Minimum (7) - MagnaofIllusion, Salamence20, Hasdgfas, Lyanna Stark, StefanB, Benmage, BBmolla

Petyr Baelish (1) - Mastermind of Sin
Benmage (1) - SnowStorm
Salamence20 (3) - pappums rat, Staeg, Minimum
Feysal (2) - Starbuck, Pandora
redFF (1) - Tyene Sand
BBmolla (1) - Hyperion

Not Voting (5):
Mockingjaye, Petyr Baelish, Bvoigt, Jal, Plum's Yo Mamma

With 28 alive it takes 15 to lynch.

• Deadline
    : 3rd September at 11:59pm Ireland time. (GMT+1)
  • Countdown to deadline
    : (expired on 2012-09-03 18:59:59)
  • redFF is V/la until Friday.

CHOOSE POTATOES

MagnaofIllusion (2) - sword_of_omens, MagnaofIllusion
Tyene Sand (1) - Feysal
Dolorous Edd (1) - hasdgfas
Feysal (4) - Dolorous Edd, Salamence20, StefanB, BBmolla

Hasdgfas (1) - Shadow1psc
Minimum (4) - Pandora, Regfan, Tyene Sand, Plum's Yo Mamma

Starbuck (2) - Starbuck, Staeg
redFF (2) - Benmage, Minimum

Not Choosing (11):
Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye, Petyr Baelish, Hyperion, redFF, pappums rat, Bvoigt, Plessiezarus, SnowStorm, Jal, Mastermind of Sin

With 28 alive it takes 15 to 'Choose'.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 301, Minimum wrote:
In post 295, Lyanna Stark wrote:CES? you're giving me a headache...don't give me a headache. I took your answer as the first person to post as Mina serious, but your answer that all of your responses were you as a joke. I took into account the fact that whoever posted first chose MoI and he was the largest wagon into account, but you? Also asked why I was suiciding in your first post and seemed to not believe tierce when she cleared up the alts. Both of those things lent belief to that being Mina last night. I still don't understand the suicide question.

But talk more!

The idea was it would be perceived as a package deal since the joke clearly relied on me immediately contradicting myself. Doesn't work as well as I imagined in hindsight. How did the Tierce interaction suggest it was Mina?

Right, talking. Salamence's really is implausibly over-the-top and him hounding people over why they're suspicious of him is weird; neither of those match what I saw of him in the last game (in which I correctly pegged him as town). I'm not really sure why people think snowstorm is town based on bringing up something weird considering the reasons for the early suspicion against him and the early-game nature of what he posted.

In hindsight probably nothing. I'm not sure why I read "we'll see" as particularly Mina-ish, but I did. What were you meaning then?

Are you saying you have a scum read on snowstorm then? If you do, why aren't you pushing it? (I don't have any read on him as he hasn't given me enough to go on yet so would be interested in why you do.)
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:31 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 297, Tyene Sand wrote:
In post 292, Salamence20 wrote:And for the record: who is Lyanna Stark?
A little wolf whose house cannot even welcome the royal family without crumbling to shambles. That would
never
happen in Dorne, with sweet Myrcella and her companions.

You're right because it definitely wasn't in Dorne that sweet Myrcella was struck in the face and lost an ear.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Post by Hyperion »

In post 262, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 254, Dolorous Edd wrote:How come you always manage to find a ridiculous reason to just throw shit my way?

Calling out your behavior is hardly a 'ridiculous' reason to suspect you. Fact stands that it is more likely for Town than scum to be the first to broach "Multiball" and more likely Scum to be the one who jumps on them for bringing up the possibility.

Sheeping MOI
adding to this, you did say:
Yea, I was surprised at that too...

Also, there is so many possible anti-town factions:

The Greyjoys
Stannis
Dany
The Martells
Aegon/Connington/Varys/Illyrio

And I can see Tyrion being an SK

It looks like you are already suggesting multiball, but then attack Feysal for suggesting ti.

Choose: Deolrous Edd
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:37 pm

aaaaaand I'm already annoyed by the roleplaying.
Permanent V/LA.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:40 pm

Post by Minimum »

In post 303, Lyanna Stark wrote:In hindsight probably nothing. I'm not sure why I read "we'll see" as particularly Mina-ish, but I did. What were you meaning then?

Are you saying you have a scum read on snowstorm then? If you do, why aren't you pushing it? (I don't have any read on him as he hasn't given me enough to go on yet so would be interested in why you do.)

"We'll see" just meant pretty much what it says, i.e. "We'll find out if you really aren't Tammy in due time."

I do have a weak scum read on snow but I haven't really seen much reason to push it.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Post by Jal »

@Dolorous Edd
: I don't understand where your votes are coming from.

Your sudden unvote for Starbuck and vote for Sal in post 214, for example. It took me quite awhile going through the thread looking for any recent Sal posts you were referring to. You're telling me that given your level of participation in this thread along with other suspect contributors whoch you underlined in Benmage's town/scum post, your legitimate next-best vote was Sal? I don't buy it.

Your re-vote for Starbuck indicates your unvote from earlier was due to you thinking that she's town. What made you start thinking she's town?

I'd like to know your own thoughts on the people you underlined in 212 also. What category would you put them in?

@BB:
I really couldn't get a could gauge on Sal's alignment with his wall post. What about it seem town enough to make him go from obv scum to town in your eyes?

Meanwhile, I'd like to see Starbuck post without being on the defensive constantly, or at the very least give us some content while doing so. Hasdgfas strikes me as town along with Benmage a long ways after. There's just something off about Tyene's posts I can't quite pinpoint.

VOTE: Dorlorous Edd
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:48 pm

In post 0, Eddard Stark wrote:22) Pandora (Hydra)

wait...we have an anonymous hydra in this game? Fuck that shit.
Permanent V/LA.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:52 pm

Post by Minimum »

It's just Quilford-Shadoweh. Canadians aren't very good at anonymity.
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 307, Minimum wrote:
In post 303, Lyanna Stark wrote:In hindsight probably nothing. I'm not sure why I read "we'll see" as particularly Mina-ish, but I did. What were you meaning then?

"We'll see" just meant pretty much what it says, i.e. "We'll find out if you really aren't Tammy in due time."

I do have a weak scum read on snow but I haven't really seen much reason to push it.

Okay. So, you thought that Tierce and I were playing let's switch and see who notices?

But, wait, you haven't seen much reason to push it or mention it before this. The only interaction you had with him was to tell him not to get too caught up in the flavor. Why didn't you try to interact with him to get a read on him?
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 306, Mastermind of Sin wrote:aaaaaand I'm already annoyed by the roleplaying.

You're boring MoS. (And for someone who tends to annoy people in games just for the fun of it a little hypocritical.)

Also, I think it's fun that we have a Starbuck and someone with a totally different name but an av of Starbuck.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 283, Minimum wrote:I genuinely am clueless as to how to respond to this level of wrongness in any terms but these. Mindbogglingly wrong.

Yes, act so outraged you can't elucide the reasons for your 'policy lynch'. That will be helpful :roll:

--

@Those Choosing Minumum instead of voting
- if you flipped to actively lynching instead of giving them the ability to kill we'd be at L-4. Frankly that's more productive than splitting between the two and there are less of you to flip at this point.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:02 pm

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 285, Minimum wrote:
Unchoose, choose: redff

P.S. Zar, is all your scum meta on me that one Westeros game?

My read on you is based on the games I've had some degree of interaction with you. The WoT game, the Westeros Mini and the TM White Flag. ~Zar.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:02 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 308, Jal wrote:@BB: I really couldn't get a could gauge on Sal's alignment with his wall post. What about it seem town enough to make him go from obv scum to town in your eyes?

He used his brain while writing it
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:14 pm

Post by Minimum »

In post 311, Lyanna Stark wrote:Okay. So, you thought that Tierce and I were playing let's switch and see who notices?

But, wait, you haven't seen much reason to push it or mention it before this. The only interaction you had with him was to tell him not to get too caught up in the flavor. Why didn't you try to interact with him to get a read on him?

It was more me being generically contrarian. I totally would've been jokingly implying that if I had thought of it though.

I'm lazy and I don't particularly think it's a big deal?
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 255, Plessiezarus wrote:
In post 159, SnowStorm wrote:No, I haven't read any games modded by Eddard Stark.

Oh. You should? Or skim them, maybe. A lot of the people in this game were in one or more of them, so it might give you a good read on people you've not seen before. Plus they're quite fun to read?

~ Pless

I think one of the advantages of not knowing who I'm playing with is that my reads are unbiased. Reading other games they've played in would probably change that.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Last post of the Night - Minimum is bascially playing the "Ignore all the votes on me and reasons for them and they will go away as other people derp in thread". I'm not about to let that happen given their scumminess.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:21 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 284, Plessiezarus wrote:Hey, D.Edd, is all the content you've been posting purely Arthur content?

Yes.

In post 289, Lyanna Stark wrote:
Dolorous Edd
I don't think Alek's been posting, or if he has it hasn't been much at all. If he hasn't posted, why not? Please have him start posting. I'd like to feel more confident on my read on you guys. Thanks.

I'm not sure why he hasn't posted yet :(

But he said he was lost in the beginning and is trying to catch up, so he should show up soon :)

(As a note, I'm moving in to college this week, so it's going to be hectic and stuff, so I'll be V/LA for a bit.)

In post 305, Hyperion wrote:
In post 262, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 254, Dolorous Edd wrote:How come you always manage to find a ridiculous reason to just throw shit my way?

Calling out your behavior is hardly a 'ridiculous' reason to suspect you. Fact stands that it is more likely for Town than scum to be the first to broach "Multiball" and more likely Scum to be the one who jumps on them for bringing up the possibility.

Sheeping MOI
adding to this, you did say:
Yea, I was surprised at that too...

Also, there is so many possible anti-town factions:

The Greyjoys
Stannis
Dany
The Martells
Aegon/Connington/Varys/Illyrio

And I can see Tyrion being an SK

It looks like you are already suggesting multiball, but then attack Feysal for suggesting ti.

Choose: Deolrous Edd

This is ridiculous. There is a difference between speculating about multiball and mentioning it offhandedly like it's common knowledge. Or are you having trouble seeing that?

In post 308, Jal wrote:
@Dolorous Edd
: I don't understand where your votes are coming from.

Your sudden unvote for Starbuck and vote for Sal in post 214, for example. It took me quite awhile going through the thread looking for any recent Sal posts you were referring to. You're telling me that given your level of participation in this thread along with other suspect contributors whoch you underlined in Benmage's town/scum post, your legitimate next-best vote was Sal? I don't buy it.

Your re-vote for Starbuck indicates your unvote from earlier was due to you thinking that she's town. What made you start thinking she's town?

I'd like to know your own thoughts on the people you underlined in 212 also. What category would you put them in?

@BB:
I really couldn't get a could gauge on Sal's alignment with his wall post. What about it seem town enough to make him go from obv scum to town in your eyes?

Meanwhile, I'd like to see Starbuck post without being on the defensive constantly, or at the very least give us some content while doing so. Hasdgfas strikes me as town along with Benmage a long ways after. There's just something off about Tyene's posts I can't quite pinpoint.

VOTE: Dorlorous Edd

Aww, I don't even get a "hi" after all we've been through (Newbie 1237!!)

In any case, I voted Sal because I looked up at the VC and saw a decent wagon that I can add some pressure to. Plus I wanted Sal to contribute more.

About my unvote of Star, I thought she was genuinely confused when she said we should pick scum to target other scum or something like that which was just weird, but then it all just felt off when her idea didn't make sense at all, and I can't see where she's coming from.
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Post by Minimum »

I knew I was forgetting something: that meta is definitely going to be misleading, Zar.

P-edit:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Last post of the Night - Minimum is bascially playing the "Ignore all the votes on me and reasons for them and they will go away as other people derp in thread". I'm not about to let that happen given their scumminess.I'm not about to let that happen given their scumminess.

I'm definitely ignoring you as much as possible.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:33 pm

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 317, SnowStorm wrote:
I think one of the advantages of not knowing who I'm playing with is that my reads are unbiased. Reading other games they've played in would probably change that.

What are your reads, so far? ~Zar.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:45 pm

In post 312, Lyanna Stark wrote:
In post 306, Mastermind of Sin wrote:aaaaaand I'm already annoyed by the roleplaying.

You're boring MoS. (And for someone who tends to annoy people in games just for the fun of it a little hypocritical.)

Also, I think it's fun that we have a Starbuck and someone with a totally different name but an av of Starbuck.

I only annoy people for the fun of it when provoked. Don't give me a reason.
Permanent V/LA.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:47 pm

Post by Minimum »

This is Mina, and I've skimmed the thread on my phone during my breaks, but didn't have enough time to post before. But before I catch up more thoroughly, here's an answer to a few points and questions directed at us
in which I am the model of reasonable and composed and pretend not to hate you all as much as I do
:

1) The only posts I've written this game were this, this, and this. (Fun fact, though, Tammy--I was actually going to make my first post a vote for BBmolla, since we'd agreed to choose MagnaofIllusion, but CES ninja'd me after I spoke to him about it on AIM.)

Feysal, which posts did you think were me, out of curiosity?

2) I don't think we've written anything that couldn't have been faked as scum up to this point, so I don't object to the fact that people suspect us. (It's my own fault to an extent for being lazy and not posting before I went to bed last night.) However, let it be said that if you suspect me because "asking MoI why he self-Chose was soooo scummy!" (not because you thought it was a waste of a question, but because MoI was so obviously towwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn for daring to self-Choose with no explanation), then you are
dumb

To amend something CES said before, town actually has more of a motivation to choose themselves than to self-vote--Starbuck's self-Choose looked really genuine, for example. However, 1) scum under suspicion have the same motivation to self-Choose, and 2) MoI's self-Choose came out of nowhere. I saw several possible motivations for it as scum
or
as town, a major one being that it was an obvious attempt to gain town cred (I know he's self-voted as a SK before as a clumsy AtE). (I found Benmage's self-Choose less suspicious since "I'll singlehandedly take out the scum!" arrogance is in character for him, but didn't see the harm in asking him while I was at it.) And you definitely get no town cred
whatsoever
by self-Choosing, and then immediately going, "You're scum for asking why I did it, because I'm obviously confirmed town for self-Choosing."

And I know MagnaofIllusion tends to use selective reading comprehension, but the sarcasm in my response was obviously not "cheeky scumbag"...if I was "afraid" that his choosing himself meant I , I could have fucking moved my Choose off him.

3) Regfan, I assume you were just trying to find a concrete reason to explain a gut read, but how many town reads did you expect us to announce on page two? I had maybe a couple of really weak ones at the point which didn't overlap with CES's, anyway (for example, I thought Edd's entrance looked like overeager town; CES countered that Ser-Arthur is always overeager), but why would I even bother sharing them before they solidified? It would completely undermine any pressure someone might have placed on them, and tell people what the "right" opinions to have are.

I could write a perfunctory big post of reads that would probably would be 5% more accurate than one generated by random.org, but I'll be honest--it would pretty much be a "Look, guys, I really am town! Here, look at these independent thoughts I have. No, really. I'm town. Could you unvote me, now?
Please
?" post. This early in the game, I think questions are more useful than answers.

4) When the game has been open twenty-four hours, it's too early to base Choose or suggested vig targets based on who's not getting lynched today. (For example, I'd wager there's a very low chance that Minimum will actually get lynched today
although it'll involve me failing my French test on Thursday
--I start off a bit awkward sometimes, but my alignment generally shines through once I get into the game.)

5) Benmage, I don't have a particularly high opinion of my scumhunting, but I'd trust myself with a vig a lot more than I'd trust you. Speaking of which, you never explained why you were so interested in Minimum's vote for Starbuck (and then for Snow Storm).
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:51 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

We're not lynching Hydrina or choosing them today.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”