Smudger -

Not Voting (2): Haschel Cedricson, Zhero

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline is (expired on 2013-08-03 00:00:00) from now, which is
August 3rd, 12:00 AM EST

Zhero has requested replacement.

Prodding: N/A
Replacing: Zhero
Last edited by Ankamius on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:19 am

Post by Toomai »

In post 299, Haschel Cedricson wrote:[...] it seems to me like you're placing an undue amount of weight on MD's list.
Yeah I'm kinda thinking we shouldn't care too much about his list either. It may be from a town player but he protected his third-scummiest read and his play in general has been agreed as pretty poor. That said, I don't really think Smudger is putting "undue weight" on it. Slight bias maybe.

For the record, my list is currently something like this:

Haschel Cedricson

Feel It

Smudger

2birds1stone

Zhero

Daemon385
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:07 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Freshmaniscoolman replaces Zhero starting immediately.
2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:11 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

Toomai wrote:
In post 299, Haschel Cedricson wrote:[...] it seems to me like you're placing an undue amount of weight on MD's list.
Yeah I'm kinda thinking we shouldn't care too much about his list either. It may be from a town player but he protected his third-scummiest read and his play in general has been agreed as pretty poor. That said, I don't really think Smudger is putting "undue weight" on it. Slight bias maybe.

For the record, my list is currently something like this:

Haschel Cedricson

Feel It

Smudger

2birds1stone

Zhero

Daemon385
This strikes me as a generally fluffy post (specifically; lists aren't useful). Given that fluff was what I originally called Toomai out on at the start of the game, I feel comfortable in keeping my vote where it was (though, to be perfectly fair, his posts haven't been fluffy overall, it's really just two notable instances which stick out at me; what really bugs me about the two fluff posts is they're both posts masquerading as useful information, which is substantially more malicious than fluff posts that are obviously fluff).

Has anyone actually got a case on Haschel? I've seen a few votes his way, but he strikes me as very much town, and I don't recall seeing anything convincing put against him.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:16 am

Post by Toomai »

Okay I'll add s'more work.

Haschel Cedricson
Has seemed generally town throughtout; has done nothing scummy and does good hunting.
Feel It
Also looks to be comprised of good posts and town reasoning.

Smudger
I was rather clueless on his predecessor, but he looks to be starting to make up for it.

2birds1stone
Has shown okay town-motivation in , , and , but the D2 hammer looks bad as does 's intentional vagueness. Overall leaning town.

Zhero
Just hasn't done much. is his only real townpost.
Daemon385
I see waffling and emptyposting in , , and . parrots my .
Feel It
Feel It
Goon
Feel It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:05 am

Post by Feel It »

UNVOTE: Freshmaniscoolman

Zhero seemed scummy but he was also away and was probably busy and has a replacement now. I wanna give him a chance at least.
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 303, 2birds1stone wrote:Has anyone actually got a case on Haschel? I've seen a few votes his way, but he strikes me as very much town, and I don't recall seeing anything convincing put against him.
my post
"There is nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself"... R.D.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Smudger
2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:34 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

Not believing a claim isn't a scumtell. Keeping the vote there was bad, but it was consistent with his play (inconsistency being substantially more a scumtell than bad play is).

Regardless, I've been chewing Toomai over, and I'm kinda unsure. I see lots of scumminess in the slot, but nothing damning.

Ultimately, I really do want to keep my eye on Toomai, I do not have him down as town by any means, but at the same time, it's a slightly risky lynch.

Unvote
Vote: Daemon385
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:43 pm

Post by Smudger »

Birds why say Toomai then vote Daemon, who is actually at the bottom of Tomais scum register and, if I read that properly Toomai believes is scum? Are you suggesting that Toomai is busing Daemon? or have you just made a fundamental error?

2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

My initial reaction was "Yes, Toomai is bussing Daemon".

My second reaction is "Wait, he's a buddy down already".

Huh.

Not sure what to make of this.

Keeping with Daemon for now, simply because he's scummier than Toomai is.

I suppose I could assume Daemon and Toomai are opposite-alignment, but that kinda feels like a cop-out.

Ugh, this game just got less clear.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:52 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

There are aspects of Toomai's play which just bug me. For the most part, he has answered for himself relatively calmly and consistently, but certain things he has done very much ring scum to me; the other part of me is pointing out that most of it can be put down fairly simply to bad/suboptimal/unusual play.

I'm not sure if I'm overthinking this, or underthinking this, or something else altogether.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:12 am

Post by Toomai »

In post 310, 2birds1stone wrote:[...] the other part of me is pointing out that most of it can be put down fairly simply to bad/suboptimal/unusual play.
Which parts can't you link to being bad? Those I might be able to explain.

Daemon and replacementguyman need to show up.
Daemon385
Daemon385
Goon
Daemon385
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Post by Daemon385 »

Can I get an explanation on why I am scummy? I haven't really heard any good reasoning yet.
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:25 pm

Post by Toomai »

In post 312, Daemon385 wrote:Can I get an explanation on why I am scummy? I haven't really heard any good reasoning yet.
In post 304, Toomai wrote:I see waffling and emptyposting in , , and . parrots my .
Daemon385
Daemon385
Goon
Daemon385
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Post by Daemon385 »

Well as for waffling I did say I was highly skeptical. I still think Zhero is scum and that is why I have no voted for him. As for the parroting, I said it because you made a valid point. There was probably some kind of scum on that list who voted for him. Again I'm still saying Zhero. Or who ever his replacement is I forgot the name who ever you are sorry about that.
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:14 pm

Post by Smudger »

@Toomai, I don't agree with your picks there, they don't appear to be so scummy to warrant FoS,

@Daemon the , Freshmaniscoolman/Zhero slot, can you give instances where it seals your vote please?

Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Post by Smudger »

sorry 2Birds I replaced in so if this is known forgive me but are you a hydra? your posting styles changed in between your last two posts?

and I find "as it says on the tin", a cop out. what is your basis for suspecting Daemon over Toomai, can you give some examples?

Daemon385
Daemon385
Goon
Daemon385
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:25 pm

Post by Daemon385 »

In post 112, Zhero wrote:mnemonic, who is scum?
In post 128, Zhero wrote:
In post 118, Daemon385 wrote: Honestly I feel your hiding behind someone you think (or know is town). Not saying your scum (yet), but I think it is pretty suspicious to just hang back this early on and wolf your way into sheep clothing.
I voted mnemonic before Haschel did, if that's what you mean. I guess my 'RQS is potential scumtell' post got lost to the void, but I'm not sure how I'm sheeping here.
In post 143, Zhero wrote:
In post 139, 2birds1stone wrote:
In post 138, Zhero wrote:I don't like that mnemonic is so vague, but I'm not sure he's scum yet.

This sounds like scumbuddy talk.
Is this elaborable?

I'm cool with being wrong about Toomai if Zhero and mnemonic are scumbuddies.
"don't like that mnemonic is so vague" sounds like coaching, and "not sure he's scum yet" is both a soft defense and also leaves room for future bussing if necessary. Both mnemonic and pitoli have ben very reluctant to take a stance on each other's wagon.
In post 169, Zhero wrote:I think I believe the claim, actually.

UNVOTE:

Need to reread the thread, content post probably later tonight.
In post 235, Zhero wrote:Reread the thread, and can still definitely see a mnem/pit team. Contrary to my last post, I'm okay with either lynch.
In post 206, Infinity 324 wrote:Hi guys, I agree that pitoli was scummy, but my role PM said I'm town, so :/

Actually I wouldn't be that opposed to my lynch because it would give lots of info
Big scumpoints here.
In post 210, Infinity 324 wrote:I'll wait for others to weigh in on the toomai/2birds thing before explaining.
This also flags me. Basically waiting for someone to make a case for him, and when Toomai obliges, switches gears from a Toomai vote to a 2birds vote accordingly.

Also as mentioned above, he seems to be casting a wide net, without really getting into many details.

VOTE: Infinity
In post 253, Zhero wrote:VOTE: mnemonic
These are the reasons why. At first he seemed to hide behind and even "sheep" behind mnemonic for a moment. Then he goes on an off on fit about him being scum and about a him and pitoli team. Vote infinity then the next day jumps right on mnemonic as the first vote. I feel maybe he threw infinity under the bus for his recklessness and proceeded to go jump on the mnemonic wagon to even the field a little more.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:38 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Freshmaniscoolman has been prodded.
2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:08 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

In post 316, Smudger wrote:sorry 2Birds I replaced in so if this is known forgive me but are you a hydra? your posting styles changed in between your last two posts?
No, but I am something of a schizophrenic poster; I naturally play in a stream-of-consciousness style, but this isn't actually very readable for a lot of people, so I try to force myself to play in a more analytical manner. The result is what you saw there (and on an unrelated note, This is my hydra).

In post 316, Smudger wrote:and I find "as it says on the tin", a cop out. what is your basis for suspecting Daemon over Toomai, can you give some examples?
Daemon's a gut thing which I can't be bothered analyzing more deeply atm, but the "suspecting Daemon over Toomai" came from towntells dropped on Toomai's part, not greater scumtells on Daemon's part.

Having said that, I'm actually changing my vote back to Toomai.

Unvote
Vote: Toomai

I've skimmed (very lightly skimmed, mind) day one of his newbie games, and iso'd him in those games, and his play there strikes me as more together than it is here; I would not have picked him as a new player in those games, beyond the obvious tells someone drops as a new player. In this game, I very much had him down as a new player, which I now believe is the nerves of someone who is scum for the first time on site.

Also,
In post 311, Toomai wrote:
In post 310, 2birds1stone wrote:[...] the other part of me is pointing out that most of it can be put down fairly simply to bad/suboptimal/unusual play.
Which parts can't you link to being bad? Those I might be able to explain.
Nope, don't like this post at all.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:58 am

Post by Smudger »

In post 319, 2birds1stone wrote:I've skimmed (very lightly skimmed, mind) day one of his newbie games, and iso'd him in those games,
anything in particular you want to share with us to back it up?

Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:28 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

In post 317, Daemon385 wrote: These are the reasons why. At first he seemed to hide behind and even "sheep" behind mnemonic for a moment. Then he goes on an off on fit about him being scum and about a him and pitoli team. Vote infinity then the next day jumps right on mnemonic as the first vote. I feel maybe he threw infinity under the bus for his recklessness and proceeded to go jump on the mnemonic wagon to even the field a little more.
Where is this sheeping you're referencing? Are you talking about post 112?
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:57 am

Post by Smudger »

VLA till Sunday guys

Daemon385
Daemon385
Goon
Daemon385
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:58 am

Post by Daemon385 »

In post 321, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 317, Daemon385 wrote: These are the reasons why. At first he seemed to hide behind and even "sheep" behind mnemonic for a moment. Then he goes on an off on fit about him being scum and about a him and pitoli team. Vote infinity then the next day jumps right on mnemonic as the first vote. I feel maybe he threw infinity under the bus for his recklessness and proceeded to go jump on the mnemonic wagon to even the field a little more.
Where is this sheeping you're referencing? Are you talking about post 112?
Yes that is what it looks like to me.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:13 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

That doesn't look like sheeping at all, especially given mnemonic attributed his prior vote to mere OMGUS and had given no scum reads up to that point.

In addition, mnemonic's reply to the question is that Toomai and Feel It are scummy, yet Zhero never votes for or expresses suspicion of either of those two players.

Either we have two very different definitions of "sheeping" or you are doing bizarre mental gymnastics to push a crappy case.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”