Open 177 (Monks and Masons) - Game Over.

Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Fuzzyman »

The there's never enough bacon on my sandwich Vote Count

Fuzzyman: Scien, Hewitt, Riceballtail
Farside22: Fuzzyman
Scien: ZazieR
Maemuki: Wulfy
Riceballtail: ODDing, Farside22, ElectricBadger

Not Voting: Maemuki, Canada
With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Countdown to deadline is here
Lots of love,
Hayl xxx

Riceballtail wrote:Where did I say I was gung-ho about lynching a mason? I was rather disappointed Fuzzy was one, but I'm too sure he's scum to think of anything else.
Unvote; Vote: Riceballtail

I hadn't confirmed being a mason when you said this. I am only doing so now. As such, the only way that you could be sure that I'm a mason is hewitt telling you in the pregame.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:39 am

Post by ODDin »

To be frank, when hewitt said he was a mason with you and you didn't say it wasn't so, one could logically assume you that you've implicitly confirmed that the claim was true.
Mostly because if you weren't a mason with hewitt, then you would have every reason to say that he's lying and vote for him (unless, of course, you're his scumpartner and this claim was a part of your plan).
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Scien »

^ This.

Jumping to conclusions much Fuzzy?
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:54 am

Post by Fuzzyman »

Meh. Guess the trap failed then. I still think everybody here* wants an explanation for Post 330, though.

* As farside has noted, Zazie needs to get replaced.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by Scien »

To RBT. Ok, so you are claiming that you are not gung-ho over lynching Fuzzy because of the claim, you just want to because before the claim he seems scummy. That's fair I guess.

I was reading into the time of your vote as the claim having significance as well. That might not be the case, and I guess that is your answer to me.

I still want to hear why exactly you thought the mass claim would be good. Yes I know you have touched on it a bit. But could you go into more detail?

ODDin, what exactly do you want me to comment on? I can go reread it to derive meaning if you want me to, but it looked like a bunch of 'meh' to me. (I'm taking your advice and trying to start conversations that interest me, since I have having problems with the ones ongoing. Yes I know that this advice wasn't directed at me.)
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by ODDin »

Well, farside presented a case against me. I'd be happy if you said whether you agree with it or not (and why).
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Scien »

Ok. Fair. Tell me if I miss anything you want my opinion on.

1) She accuses you of twisting her comments with your "look how extremely and terribly aggressive I'm being right now. Ergo: I'm not scum."

My opinion? She has a point. She was making a point that in her opinion scum are rarely aggressive. She was not trying to push a point that she her being aggressive made her not scum. On the contrary, I believe she has said before that she plays aggressive as scum (somewhere in some meta discussion. I can find it if you wish).

You kind of have a point on your side, and we shouldn't discount her being aggressive scum. But trying to act like she was suggesting herself as pro town for being aggressive seems a stretch to me.

2) She goes on about the twisting. Pretty much my same comments above. Yes, what you are saying is a concern. But I don't see where she was pushing that her aggression made her pro-town. I think that's a derived thought coming from you.

3) She quotes your reasoning for your vote on her. I'm not seeing what she is getting at. It looks like you are saying that all cases are weak, and you don't want to lynch anyone yet in your quote, and that you just pressure voted. In general I would say meh to everything in that quote. But I wouldn't necessarily call it scummy. Indecisive would be a better word. (Of course to her, that is scummy). Also, saying your vote is for pressure removes pressure.

4) She suggests a pairing between me and you. The only thing I can comment on here is that as a townie, I can only assert that for my side of this 'pairing', its a mistaken view. However you could be scum and buddying to me for some reason. My opinion was that you were kind of objective, so I don't really see the buddying claim.

5) She comments on your pressure vote, and not wanting to talk about others at this time. I say my comments ditto 3 above. I can see her complaint, and she has already let the town know she is a stickler about this, but IMO what your quote was indecisive not necessarilly scummy in its own right.

6) More of her accusing you of twisting words. Meh, partially true. I think you are making assumptions that
might
be protown, but to get to those conclusions takes an assumption. Pressing that as a case is going to look wrong, and that's kind of what you are doing.

7) She complains about you calling her vote OMGUS. I disagree with it being that. She definitely has claimed issues about your case in thread.

Conclusion? I can see where you are coming from. I'm not going to lie and say I don't (even now) suspect Farside, but much of your case does seem fairly weak, and stretched.

I think you have valid concerns. But many of them make assumptions that we can't prove. Trying to push a case at this time isn't going to work. I think you have been fairly vocal about your case, and you didn't take the easy route and back off. But the case itself has issues, and she is right to question you about it.

Why are you interested in where I stand in the you vs Farside discussion anyway? What does my opinions gain you? Are you looking for an ally? Are you wanting to stir Farside up? I kind of find it odd that I was polled here. Why am I so special?
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by ODDin »

I want everybody's opinion, not only yours. You happened to catch my eye because you were posting at the moment, but haven't really said anything on this issue. It also looked as if you might be trying to use the discussion on the setup to avoid discussing other matters.

Why am I interested in your opinion? Mostly because I want to have as much info as I can as we continue the game. I've often seen people conveniently avoiding to comment on important issues, and then later in the game, after some deaths and the like, you try to reread the game - and find out they haven't really said anything on the subject. For instance, if farside flips scum at any point in the game and you will be alive, I will reread the game to try and understand how you interacted with her.
Plus, the more info I have, the better I can catch scum, ay? :)

In this light, @everyone who hasn't said so yet:
1) What do you think of farside's case against me?
2) Who do think is most scummy? Why?
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by ODDin »

Also, on the matter itself: I can agree with many of your points. Indeed, my case was based on many assumptions which aren't really provable at this point. It was, as it were, a pressure case - I held to it for a bit longer than I've myself expected, but I was driving a knowingly weak case in an attempt to get to something.
And yes, I know that saying it's a pressure vote removes the pressure. I just felt the need to defend myself, and I don't usually lie as town - if I'm specifically questioned on my motives, I will say them. Also, I think it worked rather well nevertheless :)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by farside22 »

Top 3 scum suspects
RBT - I didn't care for his predessor but his first comment about lynching any claimed M/M's is scummy, his vote on fuzzy and reasoning is poor
fuzzy - buddying, talks about dogding question but doesn't bring proof, dodges comments himself. I find scum the biggest hypocrites in game.
hewitt - I found that he doesnt' vote till he's questions a big fat ? Then he votes on his mason buddy and it too looks like scum trying to get rid of town role. Serioulsy if fuzzy is town hewit looks more like scum to me on this.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

ODDin wrote:In this light, @everyone who hasn't said so yet:
1) What do you think of farside's case against me?
1. There's a little validity to it. Your insistence that her comment was an unprompted townie claim is a misrepresentation, imo, and I'm not sure why you're pushing it so hard.
2. RBT, for throwing out misleading information; Fuzzy, for general tone and joining the last two bandwagons on very weak reasoning.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Way to misrep me farside. I never said we were going to lynch the mason/monk pairs. Just get them out into the open. I have not once put any misleading information out, and anyone who thinks that is such doesn't understand and is also trying to misrep what I have been posting.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

Riceballtail wrote:Have no fear, for setup-breaker is here!

If you are a monk or mason, you should claim immediately, along with your partner. There are four available setups, and these pairings are, in essence, neighbors with one confirmed non-scum faction. I do believe it is in our best interest to make sure these pairs are listed, as one flipping scum will confirm a town. Since the odds of all four being town is 1/4, we can provide additional information to the remainder of the town for other places to find scum. It will probably cost us a townie or two, but the benefits outweigh the cost. Yes there is more reasoning, and no, you can't have it yet.

VOTE:ODDin
This is all for claiming and then possibly looking to lynch an M/M reading it.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

And you still haven't explained the 330 monster.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

I never said we were going to lynch a Mason or Monk. You are putting that in there yourself to taint my words.

Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:10 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

Farside is not forging statements, Rice. You said it.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:22 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Show me exactly where I said I wanted to lynch a mason or monk today then.

Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:27 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

" I do believe it is helpful to have the pairs listed, as one flipping scum will confirm a town"
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:34 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Where does it say I want to lynch one?

Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

To me, and apparently farside unless she says she was speaking of something else, the sentence I just quoted is the one in which you indicate that you think a Mason/Monk lynch would be beneficial. I don't know how I can explain more clearly.

Off subject, do you accuse me of being a Werewolf or a Goon?
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:06 am

Post by Riceballtail »

If you're a mason, it is impossible for you to be mafia. Thus, you must be a werewolf (of which I figured anyway).

Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

Why are you voting me? You quoted hewitt's claim when you voted, which indicates to me that his claim at least in part motivated you to. I can't see for the life of me how it did, though.
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

Also, it's less than 72 hours to the deadline. We seriously need to get a lynch on me or Rice.
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

On the other hand, I may not be the one in second right now.

Mod: May we have a vote count?

(I'm trying to find excuses to bump the thread)
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

More implicitly, the fact I already thought you were scum, and then Hewitt claimed that he was suspicious of his mason buddy definitely confirmed the suspicions I had already detailed in the page previous.

Return to “Completed Open Games”