PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4125 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3653, Cabd wrote:10 players alive....

Hider Cleared (100% conf):

23 Cabd
19 Malakittens

Cop Cleared:

12 RachMarie

Cleared by virtue of Viomi being derp (technically could be a gambit):

11 PeregrineV

Cleared by virtue of being really obviously town in my eyes and not on the table while I live:

22 beastcharizard

The leftovers:

4 vezokpiraka
6 Aunt Jemina
7 Luca Blight
14 ZZZX
25 displaced

So that's 5 and 5. Pretty much near a complete town rout if any of those remaining five unclaimed have any sort of provable PR or results etc. And even if not, it's pretty much a veeeeeery stacked in towns favor odds of hitting scum by lynching that pool of 5. Assuming worst case...

10 alive (1/9)
Mislynch, nightkill
8 alive (1/7)
Mislynch, nightkill
6 alive (1/5)
Mislynch, nightkill
4 alive (1/3)
Nolynch, nightkill
3 alive (1/2)

So we have 4 lynches to hit scum in five players. I don't suppose scum is willing to claim and let us get this over with nicely?

In post 3655, Cabd wrote:
In post 3550, Chandra Nalaar wrote:Mmk, result get. ZZZX is clean.

Oh, missed this. If there's not a godfather, we autowin.

Yeah, so all of the ridiculous speculation that I could be a Godfather but the 2 other cop cleared players could NOT be godfathers can be the source of the next few days conversations.

And this speculation would have to lead to

Encryptor-JK-Tracker
vs
Rolecop-Encryptor-GF/Ninja
vs
dayvig-hider-doc-cop-deputy-AuntJclaim-VTs
vs
kill proof but not II SK

So talk about what's wrong with this speculation and how 1 of the 3 cleared players is a GF. Because yeah.

Vote: Aunt Jemima
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4126 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:18 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

beast do the right thing and vote for AJ.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4127 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:12 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Day 8 Vote count 3

Aunt Jemina 3 - ZZZX,vezokpiraka, PeregrineV
vezokpiraka 3 - Aunt Jemina,vettrock,Malakittens
Vettock 1 - beastcharizard

Not voting

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch

(expired on 2014-09-01 16:55:29)

till Day 7 Deadline
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4128 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:59 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 4125, PeregrineV wrote:Yeah, so all of the ridiculous speculation that I could be a Godfather but the 2 other cop cleared players could NOT be godfathers can be the source of the next few days conversations.
This is precisely one of the reasons I think Zexxy could be sour, deary.

Encryptor-JK-Tracker
vs
vs
vs
kill proof but not II SK

So talk about what's wrong with this speculation and how 1 of the 3 cleared players is a GF. Because yeah.
It's not, deary. It'd be Encryptor-JK-GF/Ninja vs. Encryptor-2xRolecop-2xTracker(-?).

You appear to not have the scumteams straight. DC,
if
still existing, likely have another member, either a goon or another weak role. (JOAT, 2x roleblocker, or something akin to that.) Marvel, however, must be the faction with the Godfather-ninja.

I would strongly advise you to unvote if you made your vote on faulty analysis, as you appear to have.
Have a cookie. It makes everything better.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4129 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:05 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In short, you are forgetting about which factions were which flip, deary. The tracker flip came from DC, and was two-shot. Thus, as a result, the Godfather-ninja must by necessity be Marvel, not DC. Marvel requires a serious power role to counter the town's strength. If you think they would be left defenseless against dayvig/hider/doc/cop/deputy/watcher (or even if you exclude my watcher claim, that is STILL too much power for the town), then you would be correct unless making them possess at LEAST a godfather as traditionally defined. When including the fact that I am sweet, by necessity you must also therefore acknowledge that it is jason's hyped-up stronger godfather. You can see citations of him having leaned this way towards GF design already with his answer to what a rolecopped godfather would come up with: as the most town result for a godfather possible. It therefore stands to reason from his answer that GFs would show up as VTs to a rolecop that they could not be caught visiting by a tracker or a watcher.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4130 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:16 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 0, jasonT1981 wrote:
The Ruffling was Ultron. Marvel Universe Villain Alliance mafia Encryptor lynched day 1

Squirrel Girl was Venom, Marvel Universe Villain Alliance mafia Jailkeeper executed Night 1

Viomi was Green Arrow, DC Universe Alliance mafia Rolecop lynched day 2.

Titus was Nightwing DC Universe Alliance mafia Encryptor lynched day 3

Nero Cain was Batman DC Universe Alliance mafia Tracker turned 3rd party survivor modkilled Day 5
mozamis was Sin, 3rd Party Serial Killer with 1 shot kill immune lynched day 4
Here are the flips clustered by their faction. Encryptor plus Jailkeeper plus mysterious third player that is likely of strength.
Versus Encryptor plus rolecop plus tracker. (And perhaps fourth--see below.)
I've been working under the assumption of them being 2x, as I could have sworn that was included in both the tracker and rolecop flips, but as I cannot see that in the moderator iso, I must have been mistaken. However, this only makes it all the more evident:
Marvel needs a ridiculously strong role in order to counterbalance the fact that DC has
two
roles that can find them, and the town has a ton of strength even excluding me. Godfather that has immunity to trackers and watchers provides that. It makes them immune to the rolecop, the tracker, my watch, and the godfather: the majority of investigative power in the game. And once more, the support for it can be found here:

If the godfather has fake-claim, any hypothetical rolecop would get their fake claim. If fake claims have not been provided they would get a VT result.
A godfather is proven to be immune to a rolecop, and by its very definition, a cop as well.

Grinny,
you were there in the quicktopic where dramonic claimed
, and know that jason has extended this immunity to trackers and watchers before.
So it is not only entirely plausible, but almost assuredly a guarantee that the last Marvel is in fact a Godfather(-ninja).
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4131 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:19 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

My mind is racing right now.

Many apologies, but I'm slightly reverting to my natural style of posting that my other account uses. I'm not entirely settled down.

I do request that nobody hammer (and perhaps one unvote) as to allow my mind to process the information it is flowing through.

I may have the game figured out 100%.
I am not sure. I need time to let my mind actually stop jumping to every possibility and focus on the probabilities and narrow things down.
But I may have broken the game.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4132 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:21 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

Hmm, I realize that applies to myself as well.
UNVOTE: vezokpiraka.

He may in fact not be scum after all.
He may be scum, that is true.
But I am not certain of it anymore.

As I said, I need time to run things through my mind. There's been an overflow of information rushing in that I have yet to process.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4133 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

There is no way there is still a DC left. That would be too many scum in the game. It would be a little less than 1/3 of the game being scum. Standard amount is 1/4 of the game being scum.

I feel like I should go with my gut since the game has started and vote AJ. But then again I also think Vettock is scum. But then again AJ has me paranoid about Vezo.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4134 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:13 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 4133, beastcharizard wrote:There is no way there is still a DC left. That would be too many scum in the game. It would be a little less than 1/3 of the game being scum. Standard amount is 1/4 of the game being scum.

I feel like I should go with my gut since the game has started and vote AJ. But then again I also think Vettock is scum. But then again AJ has me paranoid about Vezo.

Please end this. Vote for AJ. This game is giving me a mental breakdown.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4135 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:45 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 4133, beastcharizard wrote:There is no way there is still a DC left.
I am in agreement, but I am in the middle of processing a final batch of information. Give me 24 hours to finish.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4136 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:55 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

I have such a big confirmation bias on aj that everything she does I see as coming from scum.
In the last few days irl I would find she did as town and then explain it with scum motovation.
Even if she is town and vettrock is the last scum I can't get myself to think shr isn't scum.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4137 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:30 am

Post by Malakittens »

I'm probably gonna give AJ another 42 and then hammer I'm really just lost and going back isn't helping because Day 1 associate tells aren't super strong so
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4138 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:37 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4128, Aunt Jemina wrote:
In post 4125, PeregrineV wrote:Yeah, so all of the ridiculous speculation that I could be a Godfather but the 2 other cop cleared players could NOT be godfathers can be the source of the next few days conversations.
This is precisely one of the reasons I think Zexxy could be sour, deary.

Encryptor-JK-Tracker
vs
vs
vs
kill proof but not II SK

It's not, deary. It'd be Encryptor-JK-GF/Ninja vs. Encryptor-2xRolecop-2xTracker(-?).

You appear to not have the scumteams straight. DC,
if
still existing, likely have another member, either a goon or another weak role. (JOAT, 2x roleblocker, or something akin to that.) Marvel, however, must be the faction with the Godfather-ninja.

I would strongly advise you to unvote if you made your vote on faulty analysis, as you appear to have.

Yeah, I see I got the groupings wrong, but all and all you get my drift.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4139 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:33 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

Point of clarity: my time is up right now, but I intended for that to be time to think, not time to post. Now that I have had my time to think, I am writing up my thoughts now as quickly as I can manage, because this old lady thinks she has done it and solved the puzzle. I considered whether or not to make it one post or several smaller ones, but ultimately, the latter makes for easier reading. Here I go.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4140 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:38 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 4137, Malakittens wrote:I'm probably gonna give AJ another 42 and then hammer I'm really just lost and going back isn't helping because Day 1 associate tells aren't super strong so

I'm also inclined to hammer AJ as I don't want to end with a NoLynch again. I'm pretty sure AJ or Vezok is the reamaining scum. I wouldn't expect there to be more than one scum remaining.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4141 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:54 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

Now, first batch of information:
The setup as we know it is objectively Encryptor-JK-? vs. Encryptor-Rolecop-Tracker vs. 3x Dayvig, Hider, Cop, Deputy, Doctor. This is a tremendously strong town up against two scumteams that as a result must be incredibly strong themselves. DC's scumteam, which I now firmly believe to be eliminated, had two investigative roles as well. This gives them an extreme ability to find power roles, at the cost of being unable to eliminate them aside from the nightkill. It also gives them plausible cover: claiming rolecop may be risky, but is viable. Claiming tracker is assuredly doable. (Nero chose not to, but it mattered not; regardless of his claim, he was getting lynched that day anyway.)

What, therefore, must Marvel have? Marvel must, by necessity, have the ability to subvert not only this incredible town power, but also the strength of the DC investigatives. The role best suiting this function is a Godfather. It gives a counter to the Cop/Deputy, while additionally giving a counter to the DC Rolecop, as confirmed by jason. However, also confirmed by jason is that the rolecop would receive a vanilla result or a fakeclaim if existing. I checked my role in Dr. Who, and while I had a fake name, I did not have a fake role attached to it (though I did have a fake rolename to claim), meaning that jason likely did not give a fakeclaim attached to any scum role PM. Thus, the result a godfather would return to the rolecop would be vanilla, of the godfather's fake-rolename. (As an example, last game I was Omega with the fakeclaim of Martha Jones. Were I a godfather rather than roleblocker, a rolecop would have returned the result of Martha Jones, Vanilla.)

However, if the godfather is immune to the cop (as is necessary by the very nature of the role), and if the godfather is immune to the rolecop (as confirmed by jason), then it stands to wonder, why would jason let a "vanilla" be caught visiting? I.e., why make the godfather be vulnerable to tracks and watches when either would end up exposing the "vanilla" as being something else? Again, I cite Dr. Who for why jason would not allow this to happen. Dramonic, my scumbuddy, was a Godfather. His role was called Godfather, not Godfather-ninja. However, in spite of being called simply "Godfather", dramonic's role granted him the powers of a ninja in addition to his powers as a Godfather. It is the reason why he performed our N1 nightkill; our scumteam knew he could not get caught doing it.

Ergo, the remaining Marvel role is a Godfather with the properties of a ninja added in. Jason did it before, and has no reason not to have done so again this game. It gives the Marvel Villains precisely what they need in order to survive: invisibility to the majority of investigatives, and defensive power. It is therefore a simple divide. Rather than give both scumteams a single investigative and a single method of interfering with investigatives, jason divided it up by giving DC two investigatives and giving Marvel two methods of interfering with investigatives, the JK (if used as an RB and not as a protection) and the Godfather.

Thus, I am working under the assumption that the remaining Marvel is not a ninja (I am not even sure jason knows what that role is, yet alone made use of it), but rather a Godfather. It is with that understanding that I will launch into my additional analysis.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4142 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:56 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

EBWOP:
I can go into the theory of why I feel there is not an additional DC scum left, however, doing so would be what I see as a waste of time. The important takeaway from it is that we have two mislynches, not one, which is important in my analysis for the game.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4143 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:30 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

This takes me to my first round of psychological profiling. Tell me, dearies. In a scumteam with what amounts to a super-powerful Godfather, what do you think you would do with the role? The answer is rather simple: at all costs, keep that role alive, and yet try to avoid drawing attention to it. A notable post on the matter is fliggy's, here:
In post 9, The Rufflig wrote:Ok, 1 point for PeregrineV (who has a broken link in his sig) and 1 point for Squirrel Girl.
And it is entirely viable for fliggy to mention both scumbuddies in his post.
In post 38, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 33, Aunt Jemina wrote:Though I am in fact town, you are not. You are pulling the same opener as last game and expecting me to townread you for it. You are also far more active early-on than the sweet-Grinny I am used to seeing.
What? Damn it! You two have had a game together since the last time I've seen you. Back to the drawing board.
This, about Grinny, also serves to be noteworthy about an interaction suggesting Grinny's sour. Note fliggy and Squirly's early lighthearted conversation.

In post 96, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 95, Josh_B wrote:Sheeping is convenient. -for scum. How about I promise to vote exactly opposite on every one that you vote for except for the times that I come to the conclusion on my own that I should vote on the same person that you are voting for. And even then, it will be voting in opposition.
In post 97, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 95, Josh_B wrote:Sheeping is convenient. -for scum. How about I promise to vote exactly opposite on every one that you vote for except for the times that I come to the conclusion on my own that I should vote on the same person that you are voting for. And even then, it will be voting in opposition.
Wouldn't it be easier just to vote him for sheeping? How did the Umbrage analysis go?
Note how both are, in contrast, drawing attention towards vetty's slot, Joshy. Thus, vetty is already an unlikely candidate for being sour.

In post 549, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 260, beastcharizard wrote:ZZZX was saying they were voting for info and not because they thought the person was scum. At least that is what I got from their explanation. I didn't agree with this so I was saying someone doesn't vote a town read for info they only should vote scum reads/null. That is what I found odd about what they did. The fact that didn't say they had a scum read but rather the vote was purely for info.
@beast: I'm confused by this post. ZZZX did state that he was voting Yates for info. I don't recall ZZZX ever stating that he had a town read on Yates. It appeared that ZZZX did not have any sort of read on Yates. So, ZZZX was voting for a null read. Did I miss something?
As if we needed more reasoning for Beasty to be sweet, this post is drawing attention to him that would be a bad idea.

In post 550, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 151, vezokpiraka wrote:Anyone who isn't voting ruffing or zzzx should reread these two guys.
@vezok: What don't you like about ZZZX?
This does much the same, and reduces vezzy's chances of being sour.

In post 691, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 673, Josh_B wrote:Chainsaw Defense. Busted!
Bro, do you even scumhunt? :P
Especially given daytalk, this is another reason vetty's slot is unlikely to be sour: it's drawing attention to Joshy unnecessarily, and not in a positive way. The main danger to a Godfather is either the lynch or the nightkill, so it is best for the Godfather to remain out of sight.

In post 797, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 793, Josh_B wrote:I think this post decently sums up the entire argument between Yates and SqG. and to think it all started with
In post 140, Squirrel Girl wrote:I don't have much of anything to off Pidgey on, but will admit to a slight gut townish on him moreso than Yates simply because he appears to be trying to scumhunt right out the gate which Yates did not. I would neithe rparticularly support nor oppose either being lynched at this stage.
It was very peculiar for SqG to say Pidgey was scum hunting at that time, and the "[he] doesn't say that he wasn't scumhunting
at all
disclaimer looks like back peddling. The "right out of the gate" scum hunting claim was negated.
I have never changed from my opinion as expressed there. The disclaimer you're talking about is something Yates said I believe - not something I said. The 'right out of the gate' was not negated except via Yate's misrep.
This is another vetty-slot interaction that does not seem sour. The only post which so much as remotely seems to suggest as such would be , and even then unlikely that heavy-handed. alone shows why the Squirly interaction with vetty's slot is not that of a sour player with their scumbuddy. takes it even further. Again, this is a drawn-out exchange that does nothing except put attention on both of them, attention that they desperately wish to avoid.

In post 1063, Squirrel Girl wrote:I've called the following scum and still believe that; Josh, Umbrage, Displaced, TheAdmiral
I have a generally positive vibe towards Aunt Jemina though she feels hard to read. Basically I feel like she could fake me out easily. I sort of generically am okay with the pushes on ZZZX, beast, and maybe even Unfriendly.
Most of the rest of the crowd I don't think I have a very good feel for, a lot just feel like they...well, exist. I mean, they've done stuff but they don't feel like they stand out. I am pretty much content with the idea of flipping one of my scum reads until I hit a scum and then reassessing at that point though, because otherwise I can't figure out how you're supposed to sort this many people - there's too much we don't even know yet.
This is a particularly important Squirly post. Keep in mind that the scumbuddy is likely to be kept out of sight, meaning either not mentioned (vezzy, Grinny), or in the positive (objectively only I qualify for this aside from the dead fliggy, though I think Squirly avoided putting her second scumbuddy there). Putting the Godfather in the negative as she did with Joshy (vetty's slot) is particularly bad play. This does give slight evidence in Zexxy's favor as well, albeit not strongly. (Not to mention, yet again Beasty.)

So what we learn from this is that vetty is incredibly unlikely to be sour. However, there is more to the day than just that: there is the activity of the user and the posts that player made. The latter will be my next post, but off the top of my head, I can tell you that the Godfather is likely to have kept a low posting rate, in order to avoid drawing attention. While there's virtually no player who does not fill into this category at least partially, the player who least fit into it for D1 was Joshy, as he was posting frequently and in the spotlight rather a fair amount: not where you want your Godfather to be. Thus, vetty's already sweet.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4144 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:54 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

To quickly demonstrate what I mean, observe raw post numbers:
At the end of D1, I had 16; Kitty's slot had 16;
Vezzy had 23;
Beasty had 26;
Grinny had 73;
Zexxy had 85;
Joshy had

This does not account for content within the posts (some players post more content than others within each post and thus, have a lower post rate), nor accounting for style. (For instance, I am known on this name for a lower post count number than I am on my other account, as I make a few longer and more-informed posting rather than a number of less-informed posting that would increase my post count significantly.) It also does not take into consideration player activities. (I had a fair amount of mini-V/LAs during that time period, where I was absent for multiple periods of less than three days; Kitty's slot got replaced. This just to name the bottom two. Vezzy I believe may have also held a V/LA during this time period as well.)

If you take a look at the content within the posting, then the scales tip. Joshy's posting was almost nothing but content, which appears to be trying to solve the game. Zexxy, vezzy, and Grinny are all about equal in different ways with how their posting contains some content, but not as much as their post count may indicate, and may not be scumhunting. So it comes down more to who they were pushing and why, and what makes more sense for a Godfather to do. As I said, I am going to cover this one next.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4145 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by Aunt Jemina »

Before I begin, I should note that a trend of the Godfather would be that they are not going to be afraid of bussing as much as most players would be: as essentially the strongest scum role on their team, they would prioritize their own survival above their scumbuddies. However, that being said, they are not going to throw away the life of their scumbuddy unnecessarily, as the game becomes harder to win by numbers alone if having done so. Thus, what we are looking for is a player who is willing to bus, but may not have done so: someone who did not interact strongly with the flipped Marvel scum.

Let us begin with highlights from Joshy, of course. Joshy's early play does in fact contain what is a strong indication of unfamiliarity with scum roles on this site:
In post 474, Josh_B wrote:Why are you so hung up on KidA, He freely claimed wolverine at the beginning. Now unless you have some reason to believe that wolverine isn't in this game, or that wolverine is a fake claim that just hasn't been CC'd yet, I'm not seeing any issue against him that would indicate that he's scum.
In post 479, Josh_B wrote:
In post 476, Chandra Nalaar wrote:Who cares? If I freely claimed, I don't know, Thor at the beginning, would that make me automatically town? Fakeclaims exist.
Thanks Bulbafenix for responding to this. I'm not saying that a claim automatically makes a person town. I'm asking if there's a reason to not believe that KidA's claim is true. If you claimed such a prominent character at the beginning with no prompting, and you weren't CC'd on it, I'd think you were probably town too.
In post 483, Josh_B wrote:
In post 481, Chandra Nalaar wrote:ew or not, but
any mod worth his salt gives fake rolenames to the mafia
around here if they're necessary.
Really why? Which mods give that sort of advantage to scum? If they are going to give an advantage to scum like that, why even give character names in the first place. Why would a mod go through all the trouble to create a game, such as this one, with a theme, that was made clear was Marvel Avengers Alliance vs. People outside the Marvel Universe and then give fake claims to the non marvel characters?
and more importantly, What would make predetermined fake claims necessary for this game?
In post 485, Josh_B wrote:
In post 484, Chandra Nalaar wrote:ass flavor claim wouldn't pass the review process.
That would have to mean there aren't enough characters in the theme to support a generous pool of fake claims. Do you think that applies to this theme? A mass flavor claim in this game even with the number of people playing would still allow a viable pool of likely town character claims from scum. without fake claims predetermined, the opportunity for CCing allows the game to maintain a certain balance that causes most themed games to be a little more enjoyable.
In post 502, Josh_B wrote:
In post 499, Yates wrote:Are you assuming scum didn't receive fake claims for some reason? My experience with Jason's games is that he does give them out:
WWE
Heroes of Comedy - it doesn't say in the end game but I had a fake claim of Ross Gellar
DC Universe
Inbetweeners Mafia
That, I think, should suffice to illustrate that Jason typically gives fake claims. Some of his games that were eaten by Tigers I also know had fake claims but I can't find them to link, obviously.
I didn't know that before I jumped in this game. No offense to Jason, but I'd rather play bastard games, than play themed games where the theme has no value. I think that giving mafia fake claims takes away from the value of the game being themed. I'm not going to quit this one mind you, but it's something I'll watch out for in the future.
In post 506, Josh_B wrote:
In post 503, Chandra Nalaar wrote:You'll want to stay away from all theme games on this site then.
Why theme a game then, if counter claims are impossible? Why go through all the work of assigning characters to the roles if they don't mean anything?
In post 511, Josh_B wrote:Sorry bro. I'm not new to Mafia, but I am new to this site. Knowing what to expect is important.
-Thanks guys for clearing it up. I'm still trying to adjust to MS.net's plethora of VT's and Goons vs. Debate.org's overabundance of power roles.
This could also be a bit of a townslip of him being a VT. By saying he is adjusting to the abundance of VTs, that implies he does not have a role.

In post 575, Josh_B wrote:
In post 564, Squirrel Girl wrote:I don't think I made anything unreadable, and if I did you can just skip it. It's like you are skipping it, because he never called it silly and I never said he did, and I just made a post clarifying this fact that you decided to take time out of your day to suggest was poor play on my part while clearly not reading it - I guess because I make things unreadbale.
I also don't think I have failed to comment about other issues, but if you think there's an issue that needs my attention feel free to name it. :igmeou:
OK. How do you feel about KidA, chandra and rufflig
This interaction does not look like that of a scumbuddy, and is showing direction being placed towards fliggy as well. By itself makes Joshy an unlikely candidate for being sour.

In post 703, Josh_B wrote:Also, Aronis shouldn't have been shot. jk says he thought that Aronis was scum. Aronis wasn't scum. I went back through the DP and tried to find out who if anyone was pushing for this. I'm not surprised that I found Ruflig.
ZZZX can wait for now, Let's ratchet this ImageBack up to where it needs to be.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Ruflig
Joshy was a strong early pusher of fliggy being sour. Again, a sour Godfather has reason to prioritize their own survival higher, but are very likely not going to discard their scumbuddies so readily. Especially given that contains a rather strong Squirly attack as well. Joshy attacked not only fliggy, but also Squirly. Now Joshy may have been new to the site, but I think him not to be stupid. To bus both your scumbuddies so strongly, you would have to be a complete moron.

I could continue to quote Joshy's Squirly interactions and continued push against fliggy, but the simple fact is, the majority of his time was spent pushing them. And just as Rach's slot spending so much time defending them meant Rach couldn't be scum, the same is true of vetty's slot having done the inverse.

Joshy pushed hard, and spent the majority of his time scumhunting on D1, and very clearly was trying to figure out the game, having both fliggy and Squirly in his sights the entire time. Thus, vetty in his slot is without a doubt town. And this is just off of D1 for him. (There is more on the profile of a Godfather after their scumbuddies have died that I will cover after I finish with the D1s of the other relevant players: Grinny, vezzy, and Zexxy in particular.)
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4146 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

VOTE: Aunt Jemina

Ok Vezo, if you are scum and win can I win by association?
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4147 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by Aunt Jemina »

What the hell, deary.
I was not even remotely finished.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4148 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:37 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 4146, beastcharizard wrote:VOTE: Aunt Jemina

Ok Vezo, if you are scum and win can I win by association?

Are you claiming scum?
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4149 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:09 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Did we finally lynch AJ?
I can't believe this.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”