Mafia Reunion | Postgame

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:09 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Giving scum more information is kind of a necessity to give Town information, so I don't see your point. It is important to regulate what that information is of course, but my personal opinion is that revealing names is likely to be worth the tradeoff.

The names don't give any real hints about role, and while it is possible that talking about this could cause people to slip that names are relevant to their role, even that doesn't give any insight into what the role actually IS, and since we're in role madness scum already know we're all PRs anyway, so... I'm not really worried about that part of it.

The part that is potentially a concern is giving scum more accuracy in their actions, particularly if Theta's correct about recruitment being tied to names, though honestly even that isn't strictly a negative imo.

Ultimately, I think it's probably worth it, but there is potential for it to go wrong, so if people don't want to take the chance we don't have to.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:04 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

thinking about it

i doubt a recruitment action would be solely balanced behind names not being known so we
might
be safe to do a claim of names

we should probably like
do a vote for it though i would say
or wait to do it later in the game when we have more information from flips
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:28 pm

Post by Celebloki »

Oh shoot, did I miss RVS?

VOTE: Doctor Drew

If we are out of RVS, I do think claiming names is a bad idea at this point. There has to be a setup reason they are hidden to start and outing them has to give power to someone and I feel that someone is most likely scum. That said, I don't think RR is necessarily scum for suggesting it, just misguided.

I also have no idea how Drew could be considered to be role fishing with his posts. That seems like a stretch.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:51 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 52, Celebloki wrote: Oh shoot, did I miss RVS?

VOTE: Doctor Drew

If we are out of RVS, I do think claiming names is a bad idea at this point. There has to be a setup reason they are hidden to start and outing them has to give power to someone and I feel that someone is most likely scum. That said, I don't think RR is necessarily scum for suggesting it, just misguided.

I also have no idea how Drew could be considered to be role fishing with his posts. That seems like a stretch.
Then why are you voting Drew?
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:57 pm

Post by Celebloki »

It was my late comer RVS vote. Are we not doing that anymore?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:12 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 52, Celebloki wrote:
If we are out of RVS,
I do think claiming names is a bad idea at this point. There has to be a setup reason they are hidden to start and outing them has to give power to someone and I feel that someone is most likely scum. That said, I don't think RR is necessarily scum for suggesting it, just misguided.
Yeah I really don't like this. This has nothing to do with being out of RVS in a town mindset. In a scum mindset focused on minimizing ones exposure it could - but what would the reason be, for town, to wait for being out of RVS before addressing something like this?
VOTE: Celebloki
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:08 pm

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Aureal DV is fine too.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:20 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 49, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 48, DeasVail wrote:
In post 40, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 36, Radical Rat wrote: For what it's worth, I do not believe I am fishing for roles here.
In post 37, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 36, Radical Rat wrote: For what it's worth, I do not believe I am fishing for roles here.
Oh, why didn't you just say that from the start?

My bad

:roll:
Snark from me aside lol

We don't know how roles operate besides our own, mafia are a collective that know how each of their roles work and are for this reason more informed of how everything works here.

Why would you want to potentially give them more information at this point?
When you actually think about it, this question has no practical purpose other than role-fishing.

Now do I think Dr Drew is intentionally role-fishing? No, not at all. I don’t actually think it’s that common for scum to do that. But my point is that I don’t think RR is either.
Somehow this doesn't answer how I was role phishing.

I literally have no idea what you mean with my question.

I am saying that we shouldn't voluntarily give more info to the group who could benefit from more info.
You acknowledge that the info we each have on the setup is based on our own roles, and then you ask why RR would want to give more info to scum.

How would you expect RR to answer that question in any way that doesn’t relate to their own role?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:21 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Also I think NK15 is town
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:37 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 57, DeasVail wrote:
Spoiler: Drew, DV, Drew, RR
In post 49, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 48, DeasVail wrote:
In post 40, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 37, Doctor Drew wrote:
Oh, why didn't you just say that from the start?

My bad

:roll:
Snark from me aside lol

We don't know how roles operate besides our own, mafia are a collective that know how each of their roles work and are for this reason more informed of how everything works here.

Why would you want to potentially give them more information at this point?
When you actually think about it, this question has no practical purpose other than role-fishing.

Now do I think Dr Drew is intentionally role-fishing? No, not at all. I don’t actually think it’s that common for scum to do that. But my point is that I don’t think RR is either.
Somehow this doesn't answer how I was role phishing.

I literally have no idea what you mean with my question.

I am saying that we shouldn't voluntarily give more info to the group who could benefit from more info.

You acknowledge that the info we each have on the setup is based on our own roles, and then you ask why RR would want to give more info to scum.

How would you expect RR to answer that question in any way that doesn’t relate to their own role?
I mean, they did respond in so.

But given how Drew didn't seem to follow you in , and in fact didn't seem to be cognizant of his own question, to me it's safe to say that the question was likely just rethorical.

Btw, I'm against mass nameclaiming. Not only needing to dox someone in order to act looks thematically a pretty villanous thing to do, but also there is very little room to fakeclaim a name in the first place since there are exactly 15 of them so there isn't much need to lock claims in advance
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:00 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 29, Radical Rat wrote: Essentially, what I believe massclaiming offers is everyone knowing who they're targeting instead of having to guess if theirs is a role that targets flavor names.
Whether this is a net benefit to Town or to Scum depends on the exact roles in play, which we do not know, nor should we be trying to speculate on so early.

However, it is my belief that the chance is worth taking to enforce consistency and accountability.
[Emphasis added]
This is a bit of a cop-out. It posits that we should take an action for... effects whose benignancy is not known, nor should be inquired on.

VOTE: Radical Rat
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:52 am

Post by Radical Rat »

That isn't quite what I meant.

I'm saying that I believe massclaiming names is likely to benefit Town more than it does Scum. However, depending on the specific roles in play for each side, it could end up helping scum more instead. We do not have any real information about the roles in play until we start seeing claims/flips, but it's obviously way too early to start claiming, so we should not be speculating on specific roles.

That does not mean we can't discuss, in the abstract, potential benefits/detriments of sharing names, as has been happening already, but it will ultimately be taking a chance. I believe it is a chance worth taking, but if everyone else is too afraid of the risks, that's fine. I don't think it's going to make or break the game either way at this point.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:04 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 61, Radical Rat wrote: That isn't quite what I meant.

I'm saying that I believe massclaiming names is likely to benefit Town more than it does Scum. However, depending on the specific roles in play for each side, it could end up helping scum more instead. We do not have any real information about the roles in play until we start seeing claims/flips, but it's obviously way too early to start claiming, so we should not be speculating on specific roles.

That does not mean we can't discuss, in the abstract, potential benefits/detriments of sharing names, as has been happening already, but it will ultimately be taking a chance. I believe it is a chance worth taking, but if everyone else is too afraid of the risks, that's fine. I don't think it's going to make or break the game either way at this point.
Make, no. Break...
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:07 am

Post by KittyTacky »

Meow hi!

Well oh tootie patootie I missed the game start, will catch up tomorrow.

Uh
sup clodpoles i'm the jester and i'm here to troll the fecal matter out of this game! VOTE: Kittytacky
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:08 am

Post by KittyTacky »

)drunk)
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:08 am

Post by KittyTacky »

Good night.
~Vasex
~Enchant
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:04 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 7, Flavor Leaf wrote: Last
scum lord
VOTE: flavor leaf
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:14 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 45, DeasVail wrote: I wonder if it’s apparent to anyone else that dr drew is role fishing even more than RR is
this post doesn't even make sense at all with what drew has posted
VOTE: deasvail
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:53 am

Post by biancospino »

doesn't make any sense
is too harsh, cf . Still predicated on an excessively literal-minded, and peculiarly nitpicky, reading of Drew's posting

In post 61, Radical Rat wrote: I'm saying that I believe massclaiming names is likely to benefit Town more than it does Scum. However, depending on the specific roles in play for each side, it could end up helping scum more instead. We do not have any real information about the roles in play until we start seeing claims/flips, but it's obviously way too early to start claiming, so we should not be speculating on specific roles.

So, yes, you are indeed advocating we take a chance that is possibly harmful depending on circumstances we can't, or at least shouldn't ascertain.

You are implying that revealing the names looks like a good thing unless perhaps we're real unlucky with what roles scum have; but I believe that's exactly backward and I'd be surprised if there
isn't
such a distribution of roles
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:46 pm

Post by DeasVail »

UNVOTE:

My point is still mostly that the discussion about mass nameclaiming and associated accusations of role-fishing are silly, but I also am not sure that there’s much else to talk about right now. Scum are probably more likely to be on the sidelines of the discussion rather than directly involved.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 58, DeasVail wrote: Also I think NK15 is town
Why? seems like nitpicking at nothing to me.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:43 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 59, biancospino wrote: But given how Drew didn't seem to follow you in , and in fact didn't seem to be cognizant of his own question, to me it's safe to say that the question was likely just rethorical.
Yeah, exactly. I think it's pretty safe to assume any question like "why would you want to help scum?!?" is rhetorical :lol:
Btw, I'm against mass nameclaiming. Not only needing to dox someone in order to act looks thematically a pretty villanous thing to do, but also there is very little room to fakeclaim a name in the first place since there are exactly 15 of them so there isn't much need to lock claims in advance
I don't know about that first point, but the second is solid. Having the real names tied to the player is going to benefit anyone who has a role which uses someone else's real name. I don't immediately have strong feelings about whether scum roles are likely to get more benefit than town ones. But since we can decide to claim real names at any point, and have a reasonable certainty of the accuracy of the claims due to having an exact list of them, I don't see a need to rush to do it.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:47 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 61, Radical Rat wrote: That does not mean we can't discuss, in the abstract, potential benefits/detriments of sharing names, as has been happening already, but it will ultimately be taking a chance. I believe it is a chance worth taking, but if everyone else is too afraid of the risks, that's fine. I don't think it's going to make or break the game either way at this point.
What, you wanna like, brainstorm various possibilities? Even that is kinda role-fishy. Implications about someone's role can be drawn from their suggestions.
-furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:03 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 72, Aureal wrote:
In post 61, Radical Rat wrote: That does not mean we can't discuss, in the abstract, potential benefits/detriments of sharing names, as has been happening already, but it will ultimately be taking a chance. I believe it is a chance worth taking, but if everyone else is too afraid of the risks, that's fine. I don't think it's going to make or break the game either way at this point.
What, you wanna like, brainstorm various possibilities? Even that is kinda role-fishy. Implications about someone's role can be drawn from their suggestions.
UNVOTE:

Thinking about it, still is role phishy, but willing to believe scum wouldn't be so brazen here.

Aureal, you must sheep me here.....per the rules.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:15 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

hmm
yeah i suppose unless it was something absolutely critical to their factional ability like needing to correctly guess someones true name to use it then scum would not be so brazen right out of the gate
UNVOTE:
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”