Mini 1651: One Flew Over The Monkey's Nest(Scum Wins!)

Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:53 pm

Post by Aquanim »

I don't want to be looking at the last page any more. Ba-da-bump.

In post 624, mykonian wrote:...
Also, from experience, even considering a mafia dayvig is insane. You could stretch it to an SK but in a mini that's even seriously awkward. Piss is town or we'll find quick enough that he isn't. It's a waste of time to talk about it.

The only way I could see a mafia dayvig in this game is if the scumteam has only two members. As you say, it's exceedingly unlikely and not really worth considering.

@mykonian
: Am I an interesting person to talk to?
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:59 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 450, pisskop wrote:TDA stated an opinion, not asked a question.

304 was my notes sans most of my own alignment reads. A list of potentially noteable interactions and associations that will be more useful after today. I believe in pre-flip alignmnets insofar as deciding who will provide the most information, and I don't like keeping notes with reads in them. When I'm inevitably wrong its harder to trace a real connection if I'm biased recording them.

Weird, so you don't have reads in mind when you are reading? You're thinking about who to lynch based on information?
Where are your notes where you keep track of your thoughts on people's alignments?

In post 457, eektor wrote:That is pretty risky strategy for day one.

What makes you think this?

Well, Pisskop is town.

Eelyse is still town.

In post 490, mykonian wrote:Neat!

That's two meh players gone in one go.

Who's the second one?

Myk looks alright on page 22.

In post 557, mykonian wrote:
In post 552, TheDudeAbides wrote:I mean it's not too hard to keep things people are saying straight that compiling rests is necessary.

exactly

Which is why there's a different reason to make them day 1. Either you just like to, or it's your crutch to get yourself talking about the game. IE, it's a habit or it's a scumtell.

I don't either thing is happening here. I think Taly thought she was getting lynched and got her thoughts down. If you're a new player, you're town, and you don't want to get lynched, giving your thoughts is something that you will try. So is soft-claiming a pr. I'm reading Tally as panicking town, trying to avoid being lynched.

In post 558, pisskop wrote:
In post 554, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 438, pisskop wrote:Why would you defensively try to provoke a vote on you?
. That reads as daring somebody to call your bluff.

This just looks unbelievable - it's like scum caught for the wrong reasons gone berserk.

What?

I just don't think I've ever seen scum do this.

In post 559, pisskop wrote:
In post 555, TheDudeAbides wrote:Because I wanted to, and decided to before the game. I even decided I'd say it about Myk before the game, so law dee daa

That's not a reason, especially if you are pressuring somebody on calling such a weakass claim.
Okay. That's a poor justification to push somebody for. Its a weakass claim. You are not a new player, so I'm unsure how you thought it wouldn't be called out.

I don't think I ever said that.

Up to page 24. Hopefully, I'll have time later.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:59 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 626, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 490, mykonian wrote:Neat!

That's two meh players gone in one go.

Who's the second one?
odd and piss

In post 557, mykonian wrote:
In post 552, TheDudeAbides wrote:I mean it's not too hard to keep things people are saying straight that compiling rests is necessary.

exactly

Which is why there's a different reason to make them day 1. Either you just like to, or it's your crutch to get yourself talking about the game. IE, it's a habit or it's a scumtell.

I don't either thing is happening here. I think Taly thought she was getting lynched and got her thoughts down. If you're a new player, you're town, and you don't want to get lynched, giving your thoughts is something that you will try. So is soft-claiming a pr. I'm reading Tally as panicking town, trying to avoid being lynched.
So you have to get into bends to connect "new player" to survivalism. Is omgusing elyse and me also just taly being new and panicking and trying to stay alive? Have you seen the amount of words he spends in effect about talking about things that concern himself?

Is it perhaps that he's scum, who don't want to die, who's primary focus is not
other
people, it's themselves.

And that works regardless of wether they are new or not.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:21 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 627, mykonian wrote:...
Is it perhaps that he's scum, who don't want to die, who's primary focus is not
other
people, it's themselves.

I'd be interested to know how you distinguish Taly's focus on himself from the fact that the main focus of the thread at large is, in fact, on Taly.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:00 am

Post by mykonian »

hmm. Well, it's probably sensible to do this specifically.

I'm vague in my wordings, that's half laziness, that's half seeing who's thinking along similar lines. Twice now Taly has assumed something was about him when that didn't make any sense. Last example is when I comment on the daykill (that's two meh reads gone or something like that). Taly takes that as meaning him, while I was thinking about the shooter (since dayvigs are likely town) and the shot player. It's just a mindset, the expectation that I should be talking about him.

Another thing is his explanation who should be dangerous to me. His view of lemon as clearly on my side is only because lemon is voting him. It doesn't enter his thoughts that someone might be worried about people buddying. He's just looking at who votes him and who doesn't.

It's just the entire mindset. Not just defensiveness, but a selfcentered look at the game.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:30 am

Post by eektor »

In post 626, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 457, eektor wrote:That is pretty risky strategy for day one.

What makes you think this?

Well, Pisskop is town.

Eelyse is still town.

Well, according to Taly, he thinks two scum is pushing hard to lynch him as a town pr. If Taly flips town, those two people should be getting a whole lot of scrutiny, something scum wouldn't want.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:34 am

Post by pisskop »

please show that, eek.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:35 am

Post by eektor »

In post 629, mykonian wrote:hmm. Well, it's probably sensible to do this specifically.

I'm vague in my wordings, that's half laziness, that's half seeing who's thinking along similar lines. Twice now Taly has assumed something was about him when that didn't make any sense. Last example is when I comment on the daykill (that's two meh reads gone or something like that). Taly takes that as meaning him, while I was thinking about the shooter (since dayvigs are likely town) and the shot player. It's just a mindset, the expectation that I should be talking about him.

Another thing is his explanation who should be dangerous to me. His view of lemon as clearly on my side is only because lemon is voting him. It doesn't enter his thoughts that someone might be worried about people buddying. He's just looking at who votes him and who doesn't.

It's just the entire mindset. Not just defensiveness, but a selfcentered look at the game.

So are you saying because Taly's point of view is very seflcentered, that makes him scum?
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:37 am

Post by eektor »

In post 631, pisskop wrote:please show that, eek.

please show what? that Taly is scum reading elyse and myko?
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:38 am

Post by eektor »

In post 593, Taly wrote:
In post 586, pisskop wrote:But, Taly, given the new circumstance, could you please describe any reads that are different and why? Nothing elaborate, but enough that I could walk through the read.

Townies
(I like your posts, or at least the gut feeling I get from you... You're still on my radar.)
Aquanim:
Moderate-Strong Read
RC:
Slight-Moderate Read
TDA:
Slight Read
eektor:
Very Slight Read
pisskop:
Slight Read/*
Can be on
Nulls/Neutrals
list

Neutrals
(AKA - You're on my radar.)
Boonskies:
Moderate Read/*
Can be on
Slight Scum List

InsidiousLemons:
Slight-Moderate Read/*
Can be on
Very Slight Scum List

toolenduso:
Slight-Moderate Read
Metalcyanide:
Very Slight Read/*
Can be on
Slight Town List

Scummies
(I'm onto you right now. :P)
mykonian:
Slight-Moderate Read
Elyse:
Slight Read

This post shows his scum reads of myko and Elyse
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:43 am

Post by pisskop »

Thats a list of 5 scumreads
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:44 am

Post by pisskop »

hes using 2 methods of ranking people, and its weirding me
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:48 am

Post by eektor »

In post 635, pisskop wrote:Thats a list of 5 scumreads

I see only 4 in there, but the most important part is the scummies (i'm onto you) section which seems to be his top 2.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:04 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 632, eektor wrote:So are you saying because Taly's point of view is very seflcentered, that makes him scum?

yes, that's a general theory thing. Town would be more preoccupied with finding out about others, scum about protecting their place in the game.

And the posts on the last couple of pages are hardly the first time you can notice this, take for example his unvote of you somewhere on page 3.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:15 am

Post by eektor »

In post 638, mykonian wrote:
In post 632, eektor wrote:So are you saying because Taly's point of view is very seflcentered, that makes him scum?

yes, that's a general theory thing. Town would be more preoccupied with finding out about others, scum about protecting their place in the game.

And the posts on the last couple of pages are hardly the first time you can notice this, take for example his unvote of you somewhere on page 3.

No, I agree with you on the self centeredness. I mean he went from eektor needs to be lynched and then when I told him I wasn't voting for him, he dropped that and now is putting me as a very slight town read. His two top scum reads are the people who I think is pushing his lynch the hardest. I'm just not sure whether that is scummy as I did that on my first game where anyone voting for me I had a scum read because I was town (which I was).
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:26 am

Post by mykonian »

oh, it's scummy, doesn't mean town don't do it :)

the game isn't that easy!
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:16 am

Post by InsidiousLemons »

Hey guys, I'm going to try to catch up for the second time. I am extremely sorry about having not been here for so long, but I'll stop apologizing and get to reading through the game. I will probably be caught up and coherent by late today or tomorrow.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:17 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Vote Count 1.10 - up to post #641.

Taly[3]: Elyse, mykonian, InsidiousLemons[L-4]
RadiantCowbells[1]: Metalcyanide
Mykonian[1]: Taly
Boonskies[1]: Aquanim
metalcyanide [1]: RadiantCowbells

Not Voting[4]: , eektor, pisskop, Boonskiies, Toolenduso

With 13 alive, it requires 7 votes to lynch.

Day ends on Monday, March 16th at 5:10 PM USA Mountain Time, or when a lynch occurs
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:27 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

So Eektor, Pisskop, Boonskiies & Toolenduso with just left a week left to go. Who do each of you feel like you will end up voting for? Also, why? I'm not looking for you guys to vote now just looking to see where your heads are at.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:34 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 643, Metalcyanide wrote:So Eektor, Pisskop, Boonskiies & Toolenduso with just left a week left to go. Who do each of you feel like you will end up voting for? Also, why? I'm not looking for you guys to vote now just looking to see where your heads are at.

Where is your head at?

I cant tell because your ISO is pretty barren.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:48 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 644, pisskop wrote:
In post 643, Metalcyanide wrote:So Eektor, Pisskop, Boonskiies & Toolenduso with just left a week left to go. Who do each of you feel like you will end up voting for? Also, why? I'm not looking for you guys to vote now just looking to see where your heads are at.

Where is your head at?

I cant tell because your ISO is pretty barren.

Ya being away last weekend killed my post count and momentum lol.
Anyways, I'm looking for an RC lynch. If I have to vote Taly to avoide a no lynch I will but I'm not entirely convinced that it's the best D1 lynch.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:00 am

Post by Aquanim »

I can't help but think that the focus of the thread on active players today (it's mostly been on Taly, RadiantCowbells, myself, and some on Elyse and Mykonian) is a classic way for town to lose.

I think there are some people scumreading Taly simply because there is much more to be scumread about him, for the sole reason that he's posted so much more than most. Since eektor, TDA and especially boonskiies aren't saying much of anything, the actual volume of the reasons to scumread them is less. That does not, however, make them any less likely to be mafia than Taly.

Further, it encourages them to keep lurking whatever their alignment, since not only are they not being pursued for it, they are getting a demonstration in the thread of what's likely to happen to them if they DO speak up.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:02 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Alright I'm definitely going for the Cyanide lynch.

He voted me under pretenses that ended up being obviously wrong but then stuck with it, probably because Scum!Cyanide's worried that he'll appear inconsistent if he changes.
Also WRT Taly it's not a wagon he'd be interested in pushing personally as scum, but would be a good last minute lynch to either grab towncred or have the excuse that he just didn't want the lynch for realsies.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:02 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Pedit hey Aqua.

How do you feel about Cyanide?
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:10 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 648, RadiantCowbells wrote:Pedit hey Aqua.

How do you feel about Cyanide?

Ambivalent. The reaction to your "fakeclaim" is pretty bizarre but I can't really see why he'd be much more likely to make the mistake as scum, or to pretend that he had. I agree that the way he's still sticking to it even after it's been explained is the worst part about it.

I haven't looked at the rest of his history in a while. I'll see about doing that today and get back to you. I don't recall anything about him which I found super-townie at the time he said it, at any rate.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”